Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:02 am

A GREAT DAY

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Little Vili » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:15 pm

The Voice of Odd wrote:I had a blast doing this episode! Glad you guys liked it.

Its seems to me, you get to have the most fun out of all of them.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:20 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:As Ron Stoppable once put it: "Time travel: It's a cornucopia of confusing concepts".

Actually, I think Ron's line was "disturbing concepts" but I'm not sure; I haven't seen "A Sitch in Time" in a while ^^;;

The Voice of Odd wrote:I had a blast doing this episode! Glad you guys liked it.

XD I bet you did! I couldn't stop laughing at Odd throughout this episode, he just kept getting better and better xD ^^ 'Specially at the end which...sounds like something I said once. Okay, with all of the episodes that've aired so far, Odd says or does something (or several things) I've done in the past. *looks around shiftily* I think they're spying on me...
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:54 pm

CBIzumi wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:As Ron Stoppable once put it: "Time travel: It's a cornucopia of confusing concepts".

Actually, I think Ron's line was "disturbing concepts" but I'm not sure; I haven't seen "A Sitch in Time" in a while ^^;;

XD I bet you did! I couldn't stop laughing at Odd throughout this episode, he just kept getting better and better xD ^^ 'Specially at the end which...sounds like something I said once. Okay, with all of the episodes that've aired so far, Odd says or does something (or several things) I've done in the past. *looks around shiftily* I think they're spying on me...

You're probably right about the quote. I haven't seen ASIT in a while either. ^^; I ought to though.

XD They probably are spying....it's a conspiracy I say. :D

I rather liked that we had a reprise of Ulrich's infamous "plans". This one would have worked actually though, had the RTTP not activated and undo everything. I have to say this plan was a bit more kind on him than "Frontier" though. ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Little Vili » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:21 am

A bit like frontier...how so?
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby G-Force » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:47 am

What I'm totally digging about Season 2 is the fact that the characters are kicking more butt in the real world and their martial arts skills matter just a little more. Ulrich as quite a mean range of kicks and can hold them up high impressively though I am totally unfamiliar with his fighting style. I've never heard of that name before, heck I don't even know how to spell the darn thing so I can Google it later.

One last note and I'm surprised no one said this before. SINCE WHEN DID YUMI GET TWO FANS? I was shocked when I saw that.
G-Force offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby lyokodude » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:36 pm

xana and sissy such a cute couple
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Little Vili » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:49 pm

G-Force wrote:What I'm totally digging about Season 2 is the fact that the characters are kicking more butt in the real world and their martial arts skills matter just a little more. Ulrich as quite a mean range of kicks and can hold them up high impressively though I am totally unfamiliar with his fighting style. I've never heard of that name before, heck I don't even know how to spell the darn thing so I can Google it later.

One last note and I'm surprised no one said this before. SINCE WHEN DID YUMI GET TWO FANS? I was shocked when I saw that.

I agree with you 100% And I also wonder where did Yumi get 2 fans.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:22 pm

Little Vili wrote:
G-Force wrote:What I'm totally digging about Season 2 is the fact that the characters are kicking more butt in the real world and their martial arts skills matter just a little more. Ulrich as quite a mean range of kicks and can hold them up high impressively though I am totally unfamiliar with his fighting style. I've never heard of that name before, heck I don't even know how to spell the darn thing so I can Google it later.

I agree with you 100% And I also wonder where did Yumi get 2 fans.

Myabe Jeremie updated their weapons and powers? But she got that, along with a new vehicle is my theory. Ulrich has a new power called "Super Sprint", never heard of that.

Ulrich could have made up the styles, but he might not have. I don't think he made them up, but it's possible.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:03 pm

Ulrich's always been able to do Super Sprint, it's only just now that it's gotten a name. Whenever you see yellow light streaming out behind Ulrich is when he's using it, and he's done so several times in Season 1 (one instance that springs to mind is Cruel Dilemma, when he's racing to catch Yumi before she falls).
(Banner by Mew)

| DeviantArt |

Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cecilia » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:09 pm

^^ Giving something a name sometimes makes it seem cooler. xD

Still, I'm just excited about seeing new episodes and watching the team evolve...

^^ Maybe they'll have a DVD version before I move to WA...so I can watch it all the time.
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby McTrooper » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:18 pm

I think someone on another forum figured it out in Season 1.
Part of was based on the poster on the wall in his room.
But, I can't find the thread.
InvisionFree hosted sites have the Search feature disabled.

Wait I found it!!! Is it right? I'm not sure if it's right I'll have to watch that episode because I forgot how it was said.

Quoted from another forum:
Posted Sep 28 2004, 03:36 PM
Sissi Delmas wrote:The poster is actually a Pencak Silat poster. It looks like it was a poster for a Pencak Silat international tournament.

And specifically it's Malaysian.

If you watched Garage Kids, you see Yumi and Ulrich training. That's what Ulrich's doing. Pencak Silat.

So, is it right?

= = =
I'm not sure when Yumi got two fans. She had only used one in the first episode. I'm glad she has two fans now. It gives her a lot more power.

Maybe "off camera" Jeremie upgraded things more to give them more of an edge against the new monsters.
McTrooper offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cecilia » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:23 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Cecilia wrote:and I spent all day searching for someone in French class to translate something into French for me...o.O

Just out of curiousity...did you ever get it translated?

O.o Actually, no, I didn't. ><

Still, I *will* get it translated.
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HvonM » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:23 pm

Yeah, you're right. Pencak Silat is what Ulrich's doing. I remembering reading about that somewhere else, too, something about the poster in his room.
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby lyokodude » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:56 pm

I know yumi has 2 of those fans wow how'd she get that and the others how'd they get their new stuff
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:54 pm

Little Vili wrote:A bit like frontier...how so?

Ulrich formulating a plan to swerve Sissi's actions to his favor. In "Frontier" he had to kiss her and date her for a month (provided they didn't RTTP) in order to free Yumi from the Principal's office, but in "A Great Day" he invited her to train with him so that he could try to get the recording away from her.

Yumi has two fans, and Odd's gotten a better supply of laser arrows is what I believe the deal is. Ulrich's weapons haven't been altered likely for the simple fact that giving him two swords would technically weigh him down more, and with his main power being speed that wouldn't do him any good. ^^;

Also I believe the term is "Penchak-Silat", in reference to how it's spelt in the CL manga.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:57 pm

You are getting scans of that manga, I hope?
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:04 pm

yumix1 wrote:You are getting scans of that manga, I hope?

I sent the scans to StarWay awhile ago for her site. I can send the ones regarding "Penchak-Silat" to you though, if you want or the other scans too, if you wish. They're in French but I've got translations as well. Just let me know. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby McTrooper » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:09 pm

lyokodude wrote:I know yumi has 2 of those fans wow how'd she get that and the others how'd they get their new stuff

Jeremie probably upgraded them. I'm glad too. It really adds variety to the Lyoko combat.

I don't remember seeing Yumi with two fans in Episode 1 of Season 2. Maybe she just didn't use it or maybe Jeremie made that upgrade to deal with the new monsters.

Remember Jeremie made the Lyoko vehicles. Also, Odd's arrows were refilled in one Season 1 episode (back when he only had 10). He probably has more arrows in Season 2, but Jeremie still has to refill them, so . .
McTrooper offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:12 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:

I sent the scans to StarWay awhile ago for her site. I can send the ones regarding "Penchak-Silat" to you though, if you want or the other scans too, if you wish. They're in French but I've got translations as well. Just let me know. :)

YES! (I mean...Whichever you want to do. You know I'm always needing things.)

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:16 pm

yumix1 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

YES! (I mean...Whichever you want to do. You know I'm always needing things.)

Sure thing! It's no problem! I'll send you the very same that I sent StarWay, with the translations included. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:50 pm

Got them, thanks!

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:13 pm

yumix1 wrote:Got them, thanks!

Awesome! You're welcome! :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:28 pm

CBIzumi wrote:Ulrich's always been able to do Super Sprint, it's only just now that it's gotten a name. Whenever you see yellow light streaming out behind Ulrich is when he's using it, and he's done so several times in Season 1 (one instance that springs to mind is Cruel Dilemma, when he's racing to catch Yumi before she falls).

That episode would be "Routine". And he always sprint during a Triplication IIRC.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:33 pm

Triangulate is when he constantly does a Super Sprint. Occasionally the Triplicate Ulrichs do, but not always. And it IS Cruel Dilemma; remember the scene where Yumi knocks into a MegaTank, and looses her footing? That's when she gets virtualized. Granted he also does it in Routine, But I was referring to Cruel Dilemma.
(Banner by Mew)

| DeviantArt |

Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:41 pm

CBIzumi wrote:Triangulate is when he constantly does a Super Sprint. Occasionally the Triplicate Ulrichs do, but not always. And it IS Cruel Dilemma; remember the scene where Yumi knocks into a MegaTank, and looses her footing? That's when she gets virtualized. Granted he also does it in Routine, But I was referring to Cruel Dilemma.

I'm trying to get Season 2 by some method I have... but you're right about Ulrich's sprint.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

PreviousNext