Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:14 pm

A GREAT DAY

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby MY85 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:36 pm

animenologist wrote:I'm saying Yumi and Ulrich can do it, because Yumi has successfully virtualized people twice in Plagued and Frontier, even though she messed up the coordinates in Plagued, and her first run through ended in disaster, but if she learned more she can do it without a hitch. I'm thinking Ulrich has the possibility since he was able to successfully run the RTTP program without mishap in The Chips Are Down, so he has potential.

I yet have to see The Chips are Down. What number of episode is it? Given what you said and guiding by what I've seen at Final Mix, that makes Odd the Lyoko member with less intelect? Or that still applies to Ulrich? Notice that at grades, Jeremi's good, Yumi's good, Ulrich sucks (based on Season 1), I bet Aelita isn't dumb, but Odd? He seems like the kind of student (without the RTTP) that barely passes the courses.

Mewberries151 wrote:A fair way to decide who truly knows the super computer and Lyoko inside and out would be to have them switch places. Have Jeremie attempt to enter all the data and codes that Aelita does on a regular basis within Lyoko while Aelita works the Super Computer and does all the calculations and typing that Jeremie does.

Sounds interesting. But what if the screen only recognizes Aelita and not some virtualized human being instead?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby animenologist » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:07 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
animenologist wrote:I'm saying Yumi and Ulrich can do it, because Yumi has successfully virtualized people twice in Plagued and Frontier, even though she messed up the coordinates in Plagued, and her first run through ended in disaster, but if she learned more she can do it without a hitch. I'm thinking Ulrich has the possibility since he was able to successfully run the RTTP program without mishap in The Chips Are Down, so he has potential.

I yet have to see The Chips are Down. What number of episode is it? Given what you said and guiding by what I've seen at Final Mix, that makes Odd the Lyoko member with less intelect? Or that still applies to Ulrich? Notice that at grades, Jeremi's good, Yumi's good, Ulrich sucks (based on Season 1), I bet Aelita isn't dumb, but Odd? He seems like the kind of student (without the RTTP) that barely passes the courses.

Mewberries151 wrote:A fair way to decide who truly knows the super computer and Lyoko inside and out would be to have them switch places. Have Jeremie attempt to enter all the data and codes that Aelita does on a regular basis within Lyoko while Aelita works the Super Computer and does all the calculations and typing that Jeremie does.

Sounds interesting. But what if the screen only recognizes Aelita and not some virtualized human being instead?

The Chips Are Down is episode 35, right after Missing Link. And from what I've seen, Odd doesn't seem to put any real effort into his studies and that is why he fails. Probably if he applied himself a little more, he can atleast do average. In "A Great Day", a little extra studying for memory allowed him to teach the class. In the math test that Mrs. Meyers passes back in "Is Anybody Out There?", Odd got a 50 compared to Ulrich's 58, atleast as I am told. And Ulrich did ask for Odd's help in Physics in "Killer Music", though asking Jeremie would have been a better bet. So in terms of intellect, I don't think Odd is too far off from Ulrich. He just needs to work at it.

It would be hard for Jeremie to do Aelita's duties, save for Sector 5. For one, he can't fight worth squat, as Mr. Puck implied. Atleast Aelita has understanding of her powers and knowing how to flee with style helps aswell. And if Jeremie could enter the code in Aelita's stead, than pretty much any defender could aswell. But as seen, thats not the case. Having them switch places doesn't mean much since they both would be out of their elements.

All we have to go on is what they have done before. In terms of knowing Lyoko on the inside, I would give that to Aelita. She has lived there for all of her known life. Who would know more about a location, the person who lives there or the person with a map? In terms of actually operating the super calculator and using its resources, I'd give it to Jeremie. Again, going back to all his creations, most convincing would be his materialization program. If Aelita had truly understood the workings of the scanners and the super computer, she would have been able to instruct Jeremie on a virtualization program a whole lot sooner. But Jeremie was the one who created it and its obvious he was the one who put in the most effort and work.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:10 am

34 is Missing Link and 35 is The Chips Are Down... perfect!! I'll see them in the morning, lol. The bad thing about Season 2 on Jetix for my country is that it airs 10:30 am!! But there's Saturdays and Sundays as well...

animenologist wrote:And if Jeremie could enter the code in Aelita's stead, than pretty much any defender could aswell. But as seen, thats not the case.

Unless we get to see Lyoko Franz Hopper manipulating it. Then, maybe some virtualized human being could do it, unless it's just exclusive for the Lyoko creator and the humanoid. Not even Odd touched the screen just because of curiosity nor by accident.

And for the last things you have said, I'm betting that the prequel could solve many questions (I hope the prequel takes some parts from Garage Kids). But I'm sure Jeremie before Lyoko was some standard gifted genius, that explaining his taste on computers and stuff like he does. Btw, on Season 1 was Jeremie 12 years old? I remember on some episode, they celebrated with a cake for the first year they have met Aelita. And the question would be how long has it been since the first day they have met her until TeddyGodzilla? Guiding by Ulrich's quote to Yumi before the RTTP, he said something about being ready to return to the past. I'm thinking there hasn't been more than 2 months between meeting Aelita and TeddyGodzilla.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:55 pm

I think 2 months is a good date. Even in Teddygodzilla, the kids seemed pretty familiar with the whole process.
Oh, and this is a completely unrelated question, but in what episode did Jeremie first actually say "Return to the past, now"?
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby *Star* Gazer » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:31 am

Beats me. I didn't see the first episode the first episode I saw of CodeLyoko was Seeing is believing (in french of course)
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby animenologist » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:45 pm

I'd place "Teddygozilla" a bit farther back than 2 months. Since it was a 1 year anniversery, in "The Trap" and they were and still are in their current grades, that would mean that when they discovered Lyoko, Jeremie, Odd, and Ulrich would have been in the 6th grade and Yumi in 7th grade. Had Teddygozilla happened 2 months after they found it, that would mean that as of "The Trap", that they would very close to graduating their current grade. And unless they were warping the sense of time that pass from episode to episode, I would think that there have been more than 2 months between the passage of The Trap and Franz Hopper. Heck, there was a few weeks time passage between False Start and New Order, since Jeremie said the words "over the past few weeks". That could mean about 3-4 weeks, so thats about a month already.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:24 am

bduddy wrote:I think 2 months is a good date. Even in Teddygodzilla, the kids seemed pretty familiar with the whole process.
Oh, and this is a completely unrelated question, but in what episode did Jeremie first actually say "Return to the past, now"?

I believe that he first says it in "Holiday in the Fog". ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:52 pm

I don't know if this has been pointed out before and I'm way too lazy to check the whole thread, (please don't judge me...) but I noticed that Yumi eats really fast. Remember the first time she comes down for breakfast at her house? She raises the full bowl to her mouth for one second and then puts it back down (all in one motion, really) and now the bowl is empty. She is going to feel sick if she keeps eating like that, considering all the running and jumping around she has to do. But then at another time, (after time has reset itself for the second or third time) when her dad is talking with her and she's holding the bowl to her mouth, she holds it up much longer and when she puts it down, the bowl is still full! Can someone explain?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Continuity Error?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 pm

Works for me.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:35 pm

You better not of been talking about me! :arg:
................. lllll
...............llllllllllllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby Kamekai » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Wait, what? :umm:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:38 pm

kamekai wrote:Wait, what? :umm:

They were talking about Yumi & Ulrich
................. lllll
...............llllllllllllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby Kamekai » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:40 pm

No, they were definately talking about Yumi's eating habits. :nyeh!:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:46 am

Yes we were. Or at least I was.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:16 pm

This is a serious necropost. But who cares?

I was watching this episode on my DVR (it was the last episode aired on Cartoon Network ever), and I noticed an error. At the end of the episode, Yumi uses her fans to cut off the Tarantula's lasers, and Odd drives several arrows into the Eye. As the monster begins to die, the lasers are still attached to its arms. Anyone else notice that?
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm in the mood for some Code Lyoko. Today's random selection: Episode 30, A Great Day. I can't remember the plot at the moment, but I must admit the title makes me suspicious. I bet it's actually a horrible, horrible day. Let's find out.

The non-Season 1 opening; probably one of the show's better qualities overall.

Oh snap, red tower! It's about to get real. The episode even STARTS with the ominous Sector 5 music that, I must admit, I do enjoy. The music is another good quality.

I think Aelita may have a problem with Sector 5 data. Never mind the oncoming MONSTERS. Lemme just... read... more... random things. Endangering herself and her friends? We need an intervention.

But I digress. Here's some typical tweeny male sexism. “Considering their tempers, they gotta be girls, right?â€

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous