Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:09 am

Uncharted Territory

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby SamBlob » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:27 pm

Little Vili wrote:...but ask yourself this...how many elfs do you know?

"Elves", Vili; not "elfs"... *sigh*
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Little Vili » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:28 pm

sorry...havent been on the ball at all today. (continue on)
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:54 pm

Was I the only one seriously creeped out over the 5th Region's monsters? *shudders*
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:07 pm

I loved the 5th region monsters! They are so awesome, but I will agree that the first ones with the weird tail-things were seriously disturbing.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:10 pm

Ohmigod, yes, those guys were definitely disturbing. But it doesn't end with just them. Tentacle guy freaked me out as well. o.O

Jeez.. dang.. creepy monsters.. ;__;
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Doggiegal » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:12 pm

Star Way wrote:Oh my god, that ROCKED. Totally!! I can't wait for tomorrow...!

Aww! I hate the fact that I'm on PST!!!!
Doggiegal offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:12 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Our first REAL glimpse at the 5th region! I was jumping up and down with excitement! Any theories on the time limit?

Also, what's with the Aeilta dream sequence?

YES!!! 5th region!!! And Ulrich said it best of all: "I can't wait to go back there." Indeed!

I find it very interesting that the 5th region has a time limit. No doubt the region tries to lock you in, but I wonder what happens if one does get locked in. Instant devirtualization? And can one even devirtualize safely from the 5th region? Oooo...so many questions! I can't wait for tomorrow's episode, which supposedly focuses exclusively on it. *squeals* :D

And the new monsters are so creepy/cool!!! The huge jellyfish one even had Ulrich a little daunted and it's interesting that that monster doesn't seem to have any purpose other than to collect memory...and while Aelita is it's primary target, could it steal memories from the other kids? I love how the possibilities are so endless!!! XD

The opening scene for this episode was really interesting. That definitely is not Aelita, although the pink tassle tails that the sprite was wearing were definitely the same color as her hair. I'm wondering how Aelita could have acquired a memory like this. She couldn't be the sprite in the dream (because he appears to meet a rather sticky end), and the sprite didn't appear to have hidden or dropped anything (like a bundle or something that could allude to Aelita being there). And then there's the reappearance of the wolf...this time with a whole pack. Very curious....it could be a memory, or it could be a memory disguised as a whimsical dream (which would prevent XANA from taking any interest in it). Or it could be just a dream...I'm most intrigued about this whole scenario. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beau99 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:20 pm

Wow. This is the darkest episode I've seen.

It's official: Season 2 officially rocks.
beau99 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:22 pm

Linii-chan wrote:Was I the only one seriously creeped out over the 5th Region's monsters? *shudders*

My sister thought they were kinda scary...I thought they were so effing defenseless.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:24 am

yeah...I can see why they didnt go after aelita (trying to get her memory) but only one was firing at the gang really. I find it funny how neiter odd, ulrich, or yumi took damage (or did they...and I musnt have been paying attention).
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:43 am

OK, this is just me....but, I think that Aelita was taking to the new area BECAUSE she is a peice of a BIGGER puzzle. Yeah, Jereime said that thing was taking her memory, but what if it was just taking her memory to use it to make something else. OR maybe it Mr. Hopper just getting all of his....WAIT, what if Mr. Hopper is X.A.N.A. or is controling him. I mean, the bees came from no where and that left in a hurry, as if someone said "ok stop now"

I don't know, I'm still loopy from yesterdays episode, maybe I am right or I'm just talking junk......but we will see more today YAY ^_^

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:47 pm

yes, so many mysteries have yet to be unwrapped, things to see. Who knows what S2 may give us.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:34 pm

Haven't seen this episode yet,but can someone explainto me why in the traileers of the 5th Territory Yumi had some strange smile? Answer tome,no matter if the question or answer could be dumb.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:44 pm

Rodri, that is in tonight's episode, Exploration. I was confused as well.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:28 pm

bloodyhellrodri85 wrote:Haven't seen this episode yet,but can someone explainto me why in the traileers of the 5th Territory Yumi had some strange smile? Answer tome,no matter if the question or answer could be dumb.

So far as I could tell, she was just enjoying herself there. She and Ulrich seem to find it a really cool region (ditto! ^_^ ), and she just seemed to like exploring the new sector. :) The elevator was cool! :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:40 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
bloodyhellrodri85 wrote:Haven't seen this episode yet,but can someone explainto me why in the traileers of the 5th Territory Yumi had some strange smile? Answer tome,no matter if the question or answer could be dumb.

So far as I could tell, she was just enjoying herself there. She and Ulrich seem to find it a really cool region (ditto! ^_^ ), and she just seemed to like exploring the new sector. :) The elevator was cool! :D

Enjoying herself... *thinks about it* at least XANA can entertain her briefly. Hehe... so now I see that happened in Explorations... makes sense, exploring the place... wasn't "Explorations" a song? (Yes, this question's ut of topic)
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cecilia » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:43 pm

Hm....well, I kinda agree with all the arguments here...but there's something that sticks out in the back of my head that deals slightly with all of the second season....

Aelita. She's acting...different. o.O (Maybe XANA's having an effect on her...)

But, anyway, one of the questions here was answered (today's episode, I believe) and the others....a matter of time.

o.O But, it's interesting that the 5th sector would entail HISTORY when the person that created it taught SCIENCE. o.O
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:55 pm

Cecilia wrote:Hm....well, I kinda agree with all the arguments here...but there's something that sticks out in the back of my head that deals slightly with all of the second season....

Aelita. She's acting...different. o.O (Maybe XANA's having an effect on her...)

But, anyway, one of the questions here was answered (today's episode, I believe) and the others....a matter of time.

o.O But, it's interesting that the 5th sector would entail HISTORY when the person that created it taught SCIENCE. o.O

Although then again, "History repeats itself". Quite literally as the case is with Lyoko and the RTTP. XD

I don't know if Aelita's acting different so much as it is she's reacting to things she's never experienced and we're seeing her react to them. She's been expressing alot of emotions: sadness, frustration, and happiness, among others; a few of which she hasn't really expressed before. She seemed really excited about the access panel...although who could blame her? That panel might hold the key to her freedom. ^^

I loved Odd's slight expression of "motion-sickness" after the trip into the 5th region. I wondered if that XANA bubble would make any of them woozy, considering how quickly and none-to-smoothly it moves. Funny though that it's Odd, considering how he'd been zipping along just fine on his Overboard a few minutes before. :D "I'll be careful"...sure, Odd. ;)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:07 pm

Sorry for the double post but this was requested by TB3. A summary for "Unchartered Territory", so for those of you who haven't seen it and still want to be surprised, SPOILERS ahead. :)

"Unchartered Territory"

The episode begins with a spritely figure being pursued by a large pack of wolves, among them the black wolf with the cold eyes that Aelita saw in a previous episode. While the sprite tries to lose the wolves by hiding in a hollow tree, his luck sadly isn't with him as the lead wolf finds him attacking with gleaming white teeth. Aelita wakes up startled in her dorm at Kadic. She's awoken from a dream: the sequence we just saw with the sprite and the wolves. Needless to say, she's rather upset over it. Meanwhile, Ulrich and Odd are in Jeremie's dorm discussing some new found info; in a nutshell, the mysterious house that Aelita found was the retreat of an old Kadic science professor, Franz Hopper. The scene switches back to Aelita who's waiting in line to use the shower. Sissi arrives (having already taken her shower ) and tells her there's another shower on the next floor that doesn't have a line of girls waiting for it. Aelita heads for that one, unaware that Sissi's playing a mean trick on her. The empty shower room is the boy's shower room. Luckily, Ulrich and Odd are there and manage to save her from further embarrassment. Jim arrives and while Aelita's clearly innocent in this situation, Jim warns her not to do anything out of line all the same, or else. This also gives Sissi and her gang the chance to laugh at Aelita's misfortune.

Meanwhile, Jeremie's rearing to find out more info on Franz Hopper. He, Ulrich and Odd head for the school's archives to look for info on him. Aelita offers to go as well, wanting to help out, but Jeremie tells her to stay behind because the archives are off-limits to students and she might get suspended if she gets caught (since she's already in trouble for the "shower incident"). The trip to the archives authenticates that Franz Hopper was a professor at Kadic and Jeremie then decides to revisit the mansion from the first episode to see what the three of them can find there. He finds little of interest and nothing relating to Lyoko. He does, however, find a book on the history of the Punic Wars (I loved the "Tunic Wars" line XD )and decides to take it with him since it's so out of place in a house belonging to a scientist and it has clearly been read and marked in. During this time, Aelita is in the cafeteria trying to get something to eat, but she's unsure of what to pick (she's hardly ever eaten in a cafeteria before). With the rest of the students behind her growing impatient, she leaves sadly without eating, a situation made even worse by an encore of Sissi and her teasing. Utterly frustrated and unable to find anyone kind to talk to (the boys still haven't come back and Yumi's in the cafeteria eating and chatting with William, a scene Aelita doesn't feel the need to intrude on), Aelita heads instead for the Factory and virtualizes herself back to Lyoko to be alone, telling Sissi she's going back to where she came from.

Not much later, Jeremie, Ulrich and Odd realize Aelita is missing when she doesn't return for class with Mrs. Hertz after lunch. Sissi tells them that Aelita said she was going back to Canada where she felt she belongs. Immediately Jeremie, Ulrich, and Odd excuse themselves ("Infirmary") and head for the factory, since Jeremie guesses at what really happened. They find Aelita in Lyoko, but a squadrom of Bloks are now pursuing her. Jeremie virtualizes Ulrich, Odd, and Yumi (who arrives from school), but they are stopped from helping Aelita right away by a couple of Krabes. Aelita meanwhile is trapped by the two Bloks but is saved when a mysterious sphere with a XANA eye in the center transports her away, still very much frightened. While his friends deal with the Krabes (Y/U combo attack, woot! ), Jeremie notices Aelita's disappearance from Lyoko but then relaxes when he finds a weak signal from Aelita. However, it's coming from a region that's not in Lyoko; a 5th region. Attached with the signal is the message "Welcome to Carthage" and the demand for a password. Jeremie recalls the history book he found in the mansion and attempts to find the password. He also gives Team Lyoko their vehicles when they are attacked again, this time by Hornets.

Still searching for the password, Jeremie recalls that in the book about the Punic Wars, in order to invade Carthage, one had to destory and cross the city's walls. Jeremie remembers that it was Scipion who destoryed the walls and types in the password "Scipio" ("Scipion" in Latin). The password is accepted and the XANA sphere/bubble returns and transports Team Lyoko to the 5th territory where Aelita had awoken earlier. Unfortunately, Aelita has also encountered a new bunch of XANA monsters: Creepers (slug-like, crawlie type monsters) and another monster that holds a strong resemblance to a jellyfish and that can absorb computer memory, a power it begins to use against Aelita. Luckily, Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi arrive at the 5th region and, with the countdown started, rescue Aelita from it and manage to destroy the other monsters as well. The countdown ends and the maze that is the 5th region begins to change and close around them. Fortunately, they all make it out okay (Odd, by a tail) and Jeremie types in the "Scipio" password. The XANA Sphere arrives and transports them all back to the Forest Region, and close to a deactivated tower as a bonus. Aelita heads for the tower to re-materialize herself, while Jeremie devirtualizes Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi (they don't need to use a tower to do so).

Back in the dorms at Kadic, the group discusses the recent journey into Lyoko and the 5th region. Jeremie voices that XANA's after Aelita's memory as that's what that one monster was after. Yumi and Ulrich offer to go back and explore the 5th region more, but Jeremie refuses, saying that it's entirely uncharted and unstudied territory and therefore exceedingly dangerous for the time being. Aelita then apologizes for virtualizing herself back to Lyoko and causing all the trouble. She asks Jeremie if he's angry at her for it which he promptly responds "No" to and then promises to spend more time with her, feeling sorry for ignoring her the entire day with his "Franz Hopper" research. Odd offers to teach her how to tell Sissi off, but "speak of the devil" she walks into the room. The resulting conversation follows (more or less):

Sissi: My, what a pretty little picture. (to Aelita) Back from Canada so soon?

Ulrich: Yeah, while you were taking your third shower for the day.

Sissi: Oh, but you know Ulrich, that a rare and beautiful flower like myself needs lots of water to grow.

Aelita: (before Odd can say a word)...True...and maybe one day you'll sprout a brain.

The episode ends with a surprised bout of laughter from the group and with Sissi fuming. End.

XD If I've missed anything, let me know. ^^; And enjoy! :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:17 pm

Thanks Mew!! I'm still busy enough to see them... but the weekend comes soon :) ... and more exams... ;__;
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:40 pm

bloodyhellrodri85 wrote:Thanks Mew!! I'm still busy enough to see them... but the weekend comes soon :) ... and more exams... ;__;

You're welcome! :) *hugs* Everybody's working for the weekend... ^^; Good luck with those exams!

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:46 pm

TB3 wrote:*Hugs back* :)

You're a star you know that. I want to keep up on Season 2 yet can't see it, and you, my delightful Pokemon # 151, are my salvation. I kneel before you.

Nice exchange with Sissi at the end. GO AELITA! WOOT! :D Is this the ep where Odd says 'I know many ways to tell Sissi to go to...' and gets cut off. Cutting it a bit fine there.

*blushes* Why thank you. ^_^ I just like to help out. :)

Indeed! Go Aelita! And that is the episode with that line. Hmmm...it's not really cutting it a bit fine exactly...he could have just as easily intended to say "heck". ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Little Vili » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:06 pm

or even l-l3[[...which is what I thought of first...and would have been funnier.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DarthFerfer » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:03 pm

i think it's this episode that Odd says "Just tell you parents that we're fighting a rouge computer thats trying to take over the world"
Just tell your parents that we're fighting rouge computer thats trying to take over a world.
-Odd

Welcome to room 289.5 AKA the evil genius lab
DarthFerfer offline

PreviousNext