Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

S4 Episode 30: Echoes (Season 4 Finale / Series Finale)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

For a series finale...

10 - Respect to Moonscoop for entertaining me throughout the entire CL series!
30%
9 - Almost perfect!
14%
8 - Solid episode!
7%
7 - Not the best way to end the series, but still good...
14%
6 - This could have been better, but still decent.
14%
5 - Meh...
4%
4 - Bad ending.
5%
3 - Who wrote this crap?
5%
2 - I'm gonna murder the persons involved in the creation of the episode.
4%
1 - Words cannot express how horrid this was...
No votes
0 - More than wasting my time, I wasted years in this series!
2%

Total votes : 56

S4 Episode 30: Echoes (Season 4 Finale / Series Finale)

Postby MY85 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Now it's available in English... not hard to find the episode. Haven't come across to seeing this episode yet, but I've read it was a decent way to end the show I've followed since 2005.

Comments of the final episode are welcome...
Last edited by MY85 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 pm

A great ending to a great series.
Not everything was wrapped up, of course, but I think they did a good job.

A big part of four years of my life is now over, and I will miss it.

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:51 pm

Nice ending. I'm satisfied with it. Here's hoping that the writers and everyone involved in creating the show to not expand it to a new season. I don't care how many people think there's gaps in the show, but the ending is good enough.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:57 pm

They ended it well, but it just happened too fast for me. I wish the soundtrack had been more dramatic, instead of fast-paced as it was. Furthermore, when they shut down the computer, it should have been slow and dramatic. Like in the S1 Series Finale. (I guess it was so fast because they got too excited that they were nearly done.) Here's to hoping to what MY85 said, (Although a few Project Carthage eps would be nice. And maybe what happened at the pool. ;)) and to hoping that Moonscoop finally releases full-season box sets. Well, now that my favorite show of all time has ended, and not at all the way we first expected back in 2005, here's to also hoping that the LyokoFreak community manages to stay intact even after what brought them all together has now been laid to rest. May Lyoko, Ulrich, Odd, Jeremie, Aelita, Yumi, Franz, and all the rest live forever in our hearts. :)

(Oh, and 6/10 for a rushed ending)

DEAR GOD, I FEEL THE NOSTALGIA ALREADY! ;__;
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kita K. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:11 pm

It's over. I'm glad they gave it a proper sendoff (although the ending was anticlimactic).

I really hope they don't screw a good thing up by adding a new season.

Well, at least this gives me the motivation for one last remix.
Kita K. offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:21 am

They touched on some good things throught this episode. If you took this as its own episode instead of the series ender, the score would be a lot higher. Somehow, as the series ender though, it just feels rushed, insufficient, or incomplete. I guess you could write that up more to the series as a whole not being sure where it wanted to go. The rest, as they say, belongs to fanfiction, I suppose.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Exploder » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:50 am

I say it was a great episode. It was very rushed though.

I liked some of the flashbacks (like the sheer irony of Jeremie's first one, lol)

They did however leave a LOT of holes. What happened to OxS? What happened at the pool? And did they lock up the elevator or something so no one can ever get in there again?

Watching that episode gave me a feeling I haven't gotten since the end of Season 2.

Good job Moonscoop, on a successful series and a good ending!
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby desincarnation » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:02 pm

In my opinion it was an awesome episode. I liked the moments when characters' memories travelled through all the previous episodes.
I still can't believe it's all over. I devoted half a year of my life to this show and still do not have enough. The only thing that cheers me up is that I can make my little returns to the past and watch previous episodes...
I certainly will miss this show and never forget how it influenced my life. It will stay in my heart forever.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:16 pm

When the credits went black at the end, I half-expected to hear XANA start singing about cake...

Pity it's over for now. But, who knows? ...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Saphire-089 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Tangent128 wrote:Pity it's over for now. But, who knows? ...

I half-want, and half-don't-want another season. The good thing, another chance to see Ulrich and Yumi solidify their relationship. More XANA (why else would there be another reason? XD), more of the Jeremie/Aelita/Odd triangle, and more drama with Sissi., :D

Bad: No one here wants it to go in the same direction of pokemon, where it just keeps going and going, when it should really just die off already.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Kamekai » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Tangent128 wrote:When the credits went black at the end, I half-expected to hear XANA start singing about cake...

Pity it's over for now. But, who knows? ...

I still have yet to get Portal. Neither of my PC's are fit for it atm. .-.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby RySenkari » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:10 pm

There's plenty of things they could do with this concept. I mean, they got 95 episodes out of one bad guy (Xana) which is pretty good. Think of how many more episodes they could get if, I dunno... they discovered some rogue scientist had another supercomputer and was using it for evil? This show has limitless potential. An actual plotting, scheming, speaking, human villain?!

Oh, and definitely more Odd/Sissi action, and getting Sissi into Lyoko. That's the main REASON I want a season 5, but the method is what I said above. ^_^
RySenkari offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Yeah! I agree with those things!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sciron » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Well....it's over. *sigh* Time to turn another page in the group's adventures...or just close the book, however you say it. -_-

It was well worth it to put aside one episode and take a look at all the past memories of Code Lyoko. Although it seemed to focus on Season 4...for the scenes in Lyoko, I mean...rather than the other seasons. Except the final UxY clip. ;)

Although there's still room left for assumption between UxY and YxW...they didn't say anything..."getting back together"-type-ish. They only said that there would be more times...like the past? :umm: No kiss. -_-

lol, anyone notice that the journal clip had Jeremie in his new brown Earth outfit, and not the blue one he *supposedly* had at the time he started up the supercomputer? ._.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby Kamekai » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:29 pm

5CarthageRocks wrote:lol, anyone notice that the journal clip had Jeremie in his new brown Earth outfit, and not the blue one he *supposedly* had at the time he started up the supercomputer? ._.

Seriously? Wow. Quoting AmericanLyokoTeam, "how very Moonscoope." :P
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Yumi rejected William! Hooray! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Actually, I wished I would have put 4/10. This episode went by waaaaaaaaaaaaay to fast for me to feel satisfied. ._.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Yeah, it sucked.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:37 pm

Taelia wrote:Yeah, it sucked.

Well, to, uh... put it bluntly, yes. It sucked.
Last edited by Kamekai on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:42 pm

Yes, I feel the pacing was just completely off, and they really should have spread it over at leat an episode and a half. You can have two plots in an episode...

But asfor if they did make a seon five, i'm not so sure that having Sissy in there woulld be great. Yeah, she's all in there and'll mess things up and prolly become a great fighter but then there's now no more conflict o0n earth to fill the shoes Sissy did and then you'd have to have a new subplot and it seems mary-suish and rotten wnd we lose the whole point of the basic storyline and the fanbase is shattered. Not a happy note.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:34 am

Who says we need Sissi conflict? Season 3 did just fine without her, IIRC.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:47 am

kamekai wrote:
Taelia wrote:Yeah, it sucked.

Well, to, uh... put it bluntly, yes. It sucked.

Thirded. Was nice to hear all the battle themes though.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 pm

So, in all honesty, unless TB3's theories are really correct, the show is over.

Echoes was the worst episode ending ever!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:23 pm

Taelia wrote:So, in all honesty, unless TB3's theories are really correct, the show is over.

Echoes was the worst episode ending ever!

Taelia, we get it. Please stop spamming the threads with the same sentiments over and over and over (particularly when you've said the exact opposite earlier on in the thread). It's spammish, and kind of rude considering you've been asked about a hundred times before not to do it.

And just as a further note, they are not just "TB3's theories". Moonscoop is taking a 5th season into consideration, as well as the possibility of making just a few special episodes regarding Carthage, Franz Hopper, and the like that would answer some questions left unanswered by the series itself. That has been officially confirmed by several sources on several sites. Please do not relegate to the status of "crazy fan talk" as you seem to be doing.

Please try to understand what people have been telling you for the past few months. Thanks.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Okay. Sorry for all this. I'm just been having a crazy week, what with my identical twin sister leaving the US for a year. I'll be more positive and understanding in the future.

I also wanna reiterate...

This was the worst season closing ever! Voice-acting wise, everyone did an awesome job. But the plot moved far too fast.

Sissi has an 18-month advance on her allowance?!?!?!?! Maaaaaan, she really is from a wealthy family! No child has an 18-month advance on THEIR allowance ever!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next