Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

S4 Episode 30: Echoes (Season 4 Finale / Series Finale)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

For a series finale...

10 - Respect to Moonscoop for entertaining me throughout the entire CL series!
30%
9 - Almost perfect!
14%
8 - Solid episode!
7%
7 - Not the best way to end the series, but still good...
14%
6 - This could have been better, but still decent.
14%
5 - Meh...
4%
4 - Bad ending.
5%
3 - Who wrote this crap?
5%
2 - I'm gonna murder the persons involved in the creation of the episode.
4%
1 - Words cannot express how horrid this was...
No votes
0 - More than wasting my time, I wasted years in this series!
2%

Total votes : 56

Postby Chosen_one » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:48 pm

I loved all the flashbacks in the show. With many stories, the adventure is the most fun part, and it's the desire to meet the end that keeps you going, and I'm really glad that they had the characters express that feeling in the show.

However, the very end wasn't that good. The sound could've been a lot better; the sudden "S'envoler" audio at the ending credits kind of ruined the episode. I think for this particular episode "Un Monde Sans Danger" would've been better suited for the ending credits.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 pm

That, and something besides HERES PICCYS OF FRANZ YOUVE SEEN 123 TIMES LOLOLOl. Maybe wrap-up stills, like Transformers Cybertron.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Code Lyoko, I salute you.

You were an honored part of my life, and you have given me more writing materiel and lessons then almost any other show. The only show I liked more then you was... well, this is your eulogy, not theirs.

Sure, it wasn't the best way to end. A lot of my things about the show weren't resolved: OddxSissi relationships, Resolving any of the major ships, or even having XANA attacking Kadic in some new way.

But I won't remember you for your flaws. I remember you for your strengths. I remember you for your plot, your characters, for your great ideas and designs.

I thank you for introducing me to the CL community, including Taelia, CBIzumi, TB3, Mewberries, Shademan V.39, and so many others. I thank you for giving me "Heart of a Warrior." I thank you. I THANK you.

And this may sound mean, but I'm glad you went when you did. I'd be really sad to see you driven into the ground and killed. You have passed, and passed nobly, to be among your hallowed bretheren of completed shows, like Transformers or Full Metal Alchemist.

I know how you wanted to be anime, and on fanfiction.net, you were. You were as good as any of those anime's, and better in lots of ways. You were more real than them. you were one of the best.

I'm glad that one day, I found you as XANA was pouring toxic gas into the closet. I'm glad that I found you as Odd was pelting Hornets with arrows. I'm glad that despite Ulrich being an emo, I stuck around.

Though you are now gone, I bid you to rest in peace. We, the Lyoko Freaks, and Lyoko Warriors around the globe, will remember you all our lives.

Thank you.

Goodbye.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ginolyoko12 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:36 pm

I have to admit the plot did go by fast but it didn't really do much harm to the episode.

It was great and a perfect finale in my humble opinion.

I just wish their was a season 5, but if this is the final "chapter" to the "adventure in Lyoko"

Then this is a great time to hold onto the Kolossus's legs and scream hysteriacally....DON'T GO! DON'T GO!
lol.

Anywho, it's a 9.9 to me if that score is possible.

I just wanted Yumi and Ulrich to admit they love each other and kiss!
It's been driving me insane! They're meant for each other!

Uhh...that is all.
My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:22 am

After watching that, I feel so....sad. I really did enjoy everything, beginning to end. Sure, it had its down times, but regardless, there were many episodes that provided us with many great memories. The memories that when Code Lyoko is mentioned, will bring a smile to our faces, and maybe a tear to your eye. Thanks to everyone at Moonscoop for CL, and to everyone here, may our friendships be as strong as The Lyoko Warriors.

I cant wait to see what they do next.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:40 am

If they do anything at all. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:04 pm

Taelia, if they dont, we still have the awesome memories that were created already. Just remember that and be happy. ;)
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Good thinking. :) As long as we have the fandom, we shall be safe.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokolady » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Ah, last episode...I hate to say but I really was disappointed in it too. I thought the whole Sissi thing was kind of random since they hadn't been shedding as much light on her and her curiosity in the past previous episodes. It was overdone and kind of silly.

I DID enjoy the flashbacks and I found myself smiling with nostalgia over each and everyone one of them. XD I could even pick out which episodes most of the flashbacks were from. It was cool. :)

I still wasn't really satisfied with it as an episode though. I thought the ending with Ulrich and Yumi wasn't really quite promising and as much as I hate to say it, their William treatment bothered me. In wasy ti was right, in other ways it wasn't. I dunno.

Over all, it was an okay episode but...kind of disappointing as the very possible last episode of CL for good. :/

I'll miss the show. It's influenced my art and my character in more ways then one and will always be a great part of my life. And since the show's over...it's time for fanartists and fanwriters to step up and make sure that CL's fanbase keeps living it UP, baby! :D
((Banner by Mew))
lyokolady offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Yes, the Sissi thing was random, BUT it did give us some insight into her father's financial situation. An eighteen month advance on Sissi's allowance? Whoa, that's really steep.

But still...hmmmmmm...
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby levicampbell » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Code Lyoko, I salute you.

You were an honored part of my life, and you have given me more writing materiel and lessons then almost any other show. The only show I liked more then you was... well, this is your eulogy, not theirs.

Sure, it wasn't the best way to end. A lot of my things about the show weren't resolved: OddxSissi relationships, Resolving any of the major ships, or even having XANA attacking Kadic in some new way.

But I won't remember you for your flaws. I remember you for your strengths. I remember you for your plot, your characters, for your great ideas and designs.

I thank you for introducing me to the CL community, including Taelia, CBIzumi, TB3, Mewberries, Shademan V.39, and so many others. I thank you for giving me "Heart of a Warrior." I thank you. I THANK you.

And this may sound mean, but I'm glad you went when you did. I'd be really sad to see you driven into the ground and killed. You have passed, and passed nobly, to be among your hallowed bretheren of completed shows, like Transformers or Full Metal Alchemist.

I know how you wanted to be anime, and on fanfiction.net, you were. You were as good as any of those anime's, and better in lots of ways. You were more real than them. you were one of the best.

I'm glad that one day, I found you as XANA was pouring toxic gas into the closet. I'm glad that I found you as Odd was pelting Hornets with arrows. I'm glad that despite Ulrich being an emo, I stuck around.

Though you are now gone, I bid you to rest in peace. We, the Lyoko Freaks, and Lyoko Warriors around the globe, will remember you all our lives.

Thank you.

Goodbye.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
levicampbell offline
New Kid
New Kid

9/10

Postby Harold22 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:08 am

A good ending to a great series, but the episode was a bit fast.
Harold22 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheLQ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:32 am

this was a complete waste of my time. there were multiple problems with that episode:
1. The flashbacks were WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!
2. There was too much, "mmm", "huh", etc.
3. They made an entire episode over something that should of taken 10 minutes.
4. Technically, they commited 1st Degree Murder by turning off the supercomputer, becasue Franz Hopper is still in there
5. Why didn't anyone notice the bug on Ulrichs collar? C'mon, its HUGE! I could understand if the NSA put it on you, but this?!
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Xana's Fist wrote:4. Technically, they commited 1st Degree Murder by turning off the supercomputer, becasue Franz Hopper is still in there

Well, he's supposed to be dead.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ninja_ulrich » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:18 pm

It was an ok ending. I have a strange feeling its not actually the end though. :D
I'm on the beach with some Krabes
ninja_ulrich offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby yumi_yemimah » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:45 pm

GREAT SHOW :D

I loved this episode and I'm really going to miss CodeLyoko. ;__; ;__; ;__; ;__; ;__;
But, I still have Avatar: The Last Air Bender and Terminator: The Sarah Conor Chronicles :)
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Code Lyoko: 2004-2008

Well, after four years, 95 episodes, 4 seasons and one helluva show, it's all over. We've seen giant teddy bears, deadly music, gym teachers shooting nail guns and dancing the disco, seances in boiler rooms, rad skateboarding, tender moments, suspense, romance, hate, and French people. There were lasers in space, posessed rats and insects, a paranoid scientist, a 12 year old super genius, time travel, secret government agencies and secret government projects, AIs and multi-agent systems, pink hair, purple hair, grey hair and no hair, girlfriend drama, parental drama, bad school play drama, videojournalism, photojournalism, blackmail, martial arts, airhead girls and casanova guys, zombies, robots, deadly laughing gas and ants, science teachers, math teachers and one crazy former teacher with really thick glasses. We've seen it all on Code: Lyoko, and now it is done.

I liked this episode. A great way to end a series. Flashbacks and sepia tones ahoy! I think they did an awesome job on those flashback sequences, blending the clips together very well. It makes me sad inside, to know it's all over. But I have my own sepia-toned moments, four awesome years spent with this television show. And we'll always have <s>Paris</s> Lyoko Freak. By the way, did it seem like they broke the 4th wall (which means speaking directly to the audience) at the end, with the waving?

I give this episode 10/10, and I give Code Lyoko 422/10.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby yumi_yemimah » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Lyoko422 wrote:Code Lyoko: 2004-2008

Well, after four years, 95 episodes, 4 seasons and one helluva show, it's all over. We've seen giant teddy bears, deadly music, gym teachers shooting nail guns and dancing the disco, seances in boiler rooms, rad skateboarding, tender moments, suspense, romance, hate, and French people. There were lasers in space, posessed rats and insects, a paranoid scientist, a 12 year old super genius, time travel, secret government agencies and secret government projects, AIs and multi-agent systems, pink hair, purple hair, grey hair and no hair, girlfriend drama, parental drama, bad school play drama, videojournalism, photojournalism, blackmail, martial arts, airhead girls and casanova guys, zombies, robots, deadly laughing gas and ants, science teachers, math teachers and one crazy former teacher with really thick glasses. We've seen it all on Code: Lyoko, and now it is done.

I liked this episode. A great way to end a series. Flashbacks and sepia tones ahoy! I think they did an awesome job on those flashback sequences, blending the clips together very well. It makes me sad inside, to know it's all over. But I have my own sepia-toned moments, four awesome years spent with this television show. And we'll always have <s>Paris</s> Lyoko Freak. By the way, did it seem like they broke the 4th wall (which means speaking directly to the audience) at the end, with the waving?

I give this episode 10/10, and I give Code Lyoko 422/10.
I totally agree with you. I almost cried at the end when they waved "GOODBYE".
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby ccbtimewiz » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:46 pm

The ending was....interesting, to say the least.

Being a Code Lyoko fan since the very start, I obviously felt quite sad that the show was ending, and the ending did suffice me enough to prove everything was over, but...

It doesn't feel like its over. All the Code Lyoko forums I post on (like this one), the re-runs of the old episodes, the upcoming event of CL movie-like episodes, the friends that I have made on the internets thanks to Code Lyoko. It all feels like none of this will ever change.

It most likely won't change a thing. The adventures of the Lyoko Gang might be over, but I'm sure as hell that the series won't be dying away and forgotten anytime soon.

The memories and friendships Code Lyoko has spawned will never be forgotten regardless of how the series progresses with these "movies" and the fan-created projects. I just wish that someone could initiate a RTTP right now.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Nightsabre » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:06 am

Don't count out the possibility of a season 5 yet... Moonscoop did say "Contact Cartoon Network, and request it" they also said they would gladly make one but that it is not on the table at the moment. Now for a example... Digimon took a 3 (maybe 4) year hiatus between Digimon Frontier & Digimon Savers (DATS). So if we don't get a continuation in a year or so it doesn't necessarily mean it's gone forever.

As for the episode, I believe it did a good job recapping many memorable moments from throughout the series.
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:01 am

Actually, this is different.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:06 pm

I kind of like the deliberately vague thing. After all, it leaves so many possibilities open...

To the fanfiction-away!
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:16 pm

This episode was okay. Seriously.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby waffletower » Mon May 05, 2008 3:03 pm

10/10

I really enjoyed how they put so much into one episode, and reminded us of what has happened. It was a real gentle way to end a series that is strong in our hearts. There is still some room for advancement; I would definitely, definitely not object to a fifth season, *sigh* but if it must end, I'm glad it did the way it did.

As far as the Sissi thing, I think it was a great addition. The Lyoko Warriors have never been afraid to try something new, but with the stresses of Lyoko, Sissi wasn't a valuable prospect. Now that they seem to have their whole lives ahead of them, they can try giving Sissi a chance.

Again, they could have some elbow room for advancement, but first we'd have to convince Cartoon Network to resolve the hiatus of CL on the telly; but since most people here seem to dislike to idea of a new season, I don't see it happening without switching networks.

.......and I just joined LyokoFreak *megasigh*

waffletower offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Lyokosui » Sat May 17, 2008 3:12 am

The episode was decent. My biggest gripe was the fact that there was more clips than actual episode playing. Yumi, Ulrich, and Odd had 2 minute segments, Jeremy had 1-2 minutes, and Aelita had 3+ minutes. I think there was nine minutes of actual episode. Though the ending clip with everyone saying goodbye was touching. No UxY Kiss was annoying for the tension was building especially in season 4 and then washed away like it was never there.
Fictional Conversation after the Episode "Routine:

Ulrich - "You couldn't wait, could you?"
Jeremy - "What are you talking about?"
*Ulrich grabs and lifts Jeremy by his collar.
Ulrich - "I was this close to tasting her porcelain lips. We weren't in any danger, but noooo! You had to return to the past anyway!"
*Jeremy sniffles as Aelita appears on screen and rolls her eyes
Aelita - Ulrich, put him down.

Lyokosui offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext