Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:48 am

S4 Episode 29: Fight To The Finish

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rank the episode!

10 - Just like the all-time greats of Code Lyoko...
29%
9 - Near perfection...
29%
8 - Great episode, dude!
24%
7 - Pretty good episode.
6%
6 - Some stuff here saved it from being average.
12%
5 - Meh...
No votes
4 - This sucks.
No votes
3 - Waste of time.
No votes
2 - Appaling.
No votes
1 - As bad as Nicolas and Hervé doing a parody of Brokeback Mountain.
No votes
0 - You're missing nothing if you skip this.
No votes

Total votes : 17

S4 Episode 29: Fight To The Finish

Postby MY85 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Gustavo Cerati on some concert that I attended wrote:Lights, camera, action! Youtube!

You can find this episode on the Internet too... and post your comments here!
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:13 am

This episode was awesome!

One-sided XANASissi (she shoves him away and threatens to tell her father if he continues the sexual harrassment)
Ulrich and Yumi showing that they're in love with each other
The Pencak Silat fight in the Factory's machine room

But Franz dies. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Uh, guys? Check out what I found. Moonscoop found it too hard to reanimate just a few frames of Jeremie pulling the lid over the manhole. They used a clip with his old outfit. Anyone else catch it?

UPDATE: Here, got a screenshot: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z76/ ... outfit.png
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:09 pm

I *_* the old outfits. Makes the Kadic students look like the children they should always be. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:24 am

kamekai wrote:Uh, guys? Check out what I found. Moonscoop found it too hard to reanimate just a few frames of Jeremie pulling the lid over the manhole. They used a clip with his old outfit. Anyone else catch it?

UPDATE: Here, got a screenshot: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z76/ ... outfit.png

I did, and laughed when I saw it. How very Moonscoop to have a scene error in the series' penultimate episode. This episode did some good things on its own, it felt like they wanted more episodes to argue about William's place being back with the group, and the comments during the fighting later felt too artificially about wrapping the shipping up. So for a second time, I have to blame the meandering of the series as a whole not knowing where it wanted to go for messing up what could have otherwise been an interestingly strong episode.

edit: how very me to mispell Moonscoop after all this time...
Last edited by AmericanLyokoTeam on Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby desincarnation » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:15 pm

In my opinion it's the best episode of season 4. On one hand it's a relief that XANA was finally defeated. But on the other hand , Franz dies... I was shocked. I thought they will manage to free him! ;__; However , it was a beautiful death for the good of all mankind. It reminds me "Armageddon"...
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:18 am

It was kinda funny that XANA was killed by the very thing it had bent to its will.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Sciron » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:14 pm

It seriously was sad, but I suppose it was necessary to have someone die, so that the ending wouldn't be "completely happy". ._.

Still, it was rather...bad. ._.

No offense...to the person that voices Aelita (the name is escaping me right now)...but the French voice actor seemed to have a little more emotion.
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby MewmiC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:55 am

It was a fun to watch episode, but compared to other Code Lyoko episodes it felt poorly planned. I could go on a rant but I won't, it's too early in the morning over here. The season two finale felt more epic than this final battle. Season four as a whole seemed to fall on its face in spots after the first replika.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Chosen_one » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:43 pm

It was a great episode, but really abrupt. I really wasn't expecting the end of Code Lyoko when I saw it (although I did get pretty excited to find out how it would end); I thought it would be more like a set of episodes depicting a huge plan to wipe out XANA. Jeremie's multi-agent system seemed… a bit too simple. When the last Replika got deleted, it was just simply gone; nothing cool happened; it was just a normal day, and XANA just happened to be gone.

But then again, it is a bit more realistic and special without all the drama.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:23 pm

RIP Waldo Franz "Hopper" Schaeffer, 1939* - 2008

This episode was pretty good. My lone problem is that the program to destroy XANA happened too fast. In the span of just one episode, Jeremie got all he needed to destroy XANA. Meanwhile, it took the span of a whole season to materialize Aelita. All in all, however, I enjoyed this episode. That whole scene with the GINORMOUS specter seemed like something out of a horror movie, with the screaming face and everything.

I almost cried at the end, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Aelita has no family now, the daddy she had been hoping to save since she knew he was her father is gone.

*by my estimate in Ex Libris Lyoko

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:51 pm

I cried the first time I watched this on youtube. I mean, jeez, really?
GO JEREMIE!!!!
Isn't ironic that you have these three- no, four- virtual warriors, and yet it's still the unathletic genius nerd kid who really, truly defeats the villain? I loved that. ^^
Another thing I loved, though it was sad (hopeless romantic warning:) how Aelita came out of the scanner, and literaly just feel into Jeremie's arms. It was so gentle. And sweet. He just held her. I LOVED IT!!! Sorry. I'm a dork. But it was so romantic and nice. ^^
And I almost feel over laughing with the whole "Ulrich's on top of it" deal with the Kalosis. (or how ever the heck you spell that).
Does anybody else think that thing kinda looks like the Night Walker from "Princess Monanoke"? Just saying.
Anyway, awesome, sad, but awesome episode. ^^
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak