Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 am

S4 Episode 24: Music Soothes The Savage Beast

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:40 am

Maybe they're waiting until after Xmas?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:22 pm

I found the attack strategy speak to be sorta humorous, why? Because its DIFFERENT. That may be the first time I actually hear them do that in that way. Aelita did look awesome in the show outfit. It was nice to see the music in there, it gave the music some weight to it. Break Away was placed perfectly, Planet Net was a good "Lets get going now" theme. I think it worked fairly well. What was Xana thinking!!?, he must have overslept before this attack! :D The stress must have really had Aelita, ummm straight line to tower, all in all a good episode.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokolady » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:31 pm

Um, wow. I guess I'm one of the few who liked this episode a lot.

Yeah sure the Xana plot wasn't the most interesting but everything else I thought was fine.

I personally thought some problems between Jeremy and Aelita were needed. To me it seemed like Princess and Einstein just had it way too good. Here Ulrich, Yumi and Odd are all having separate and related problems with their relationship and Jeremy and Aelita have had few fights. Getting over something like Jeremy learning to deal with a relationship and them arguing about it is just a relationship strengthener and I liked it. It makes them and how they are together seem more relastic now that they've gotten over some problems with one another.

And good GRIEF people, you can't be TOO harsh on Jeremy! Look at his experiences with females in the past and tell me where you saw this particular situation come up. They are BOTH new at being a couple- at even liking one another like that so they are going to have some issues.

Anyways, the rest of the episode was awesome too! Now, I'm just an artist talking here but I thought the animation during the party scene was incredible! I loved the lighting and the movement. Everything just seemed well done. And I don't know about anyone else but I LIKED the music. It made me excited, especially during the Lyoko scene, because they usually play some theme music or whatever then. So when it was actual music, it made me pumped because it was like...how a live-action Code Lyoko might've felt or something.

^^ Yeah, so all in all, I loved the episode. :)
((Banner by Mew))
lyokolady offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:43 am

Not a bad episode, but now I want the songs that they played... because they are awesome. But I have no money on iTunes... :(

I have a question about XANA's motives. Why does he have to materielize her within half of a mile to the tower? and worse, with minimal guards?

Wouldn't it make more sense to virtualize her directly over the digital sea, or, failing that, in a completely different sector from the one your tower is in? Or at least with at least five megatanks?

LIked the music a lot. I already knew about the first song that the subdigitals (and we finally have the name change explained- it was a group name change, like normal bands sometimes do, not a canon-ness change, like Roachsters to Kankrelots.). I already knew that the subdigitals sang the first one (thank you, Cartoon Network Video Music Videos)! But I didn't know that the second one was a full song. I thought it was an insturmental song that only played during the end credits.

Was it just me, or did their fighting skills all seem.... bleh?

Not a bad episode, but the music saved it.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:30 am

Sithking Zero wrote:Not a bad episode, but now I want the songs that they played... because they are awesome. But I have no money on iTunes... :(

You're better off getting the physical disc anyway. Then if your computer explodes or something, you can still listen off the CD.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:08 am

Sithking Zero wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to virtualize her directly over the digital sea, or, failing that, in a completely different sector from the one your tower is in? Or at least with at least five megatanks?

Has anybody ever came close to being virtualized over the Digital Sea? There could be a program Franz included that prevents virtualization over it, for obvious reasons.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:42 pm

timekitten wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to virtualize her directly over the digital sea, or, failing that, in a completely different sector from the one your tower is in? Or at least with at least five megatanks?

Has anybody ever came close to being virtualized over the Digital Sea? There could be a program Franz included that prevents virtualization over it, for obvious reasons.

True... but it's not like XANA hasn't modified the programming of Lyoko for his own purposes before. He could do it again.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:19 am

If he can get past the safeguards, sure.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:00 pm

Good episode, and I agree, the music really helped it. For me, this episode seemed to retain some of the magic from S1 & S2 that we missed so much, while keeping up with the SFX of Season 4. 8.37/10. But it would've been cooler if at the end, instead of saying that line about being insane, used the Subdigitals' catchphrase, "Being sensible is just not sensible."
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Well, I finally saw this episode after a month or two of procrastination.

Not downright awesome, but a bit more uplifting than most of S4 has been for me. After seeing it in French, it was good to see the dub. I hope the rest of the eps I haven't seen feel the same way for me.

I don't really know why I liked it. Maybe it was the Jeremie/Aelita tension we've been waiting for.
Carth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 pm

I am so late to the party on this one...oh well. XD;

I actually really liked this episode. It was fun...clearly a partial ad vehicle for the CD, but definitely a lot of fun.

Odd has a harem...*snerks* And Hiroki has a promising career as a scalper. Awesome! xD

I will eternally find amusement in the way Yumi and Ulrich read each other's cues. Now, probably Odd and Ulrich work the same way, but for Yumi and Ulrich to just share a "look" and come up with the same cover story... *snickers*

"Skinny crow"? ... X) That's a new one...

I also love how Odd just "volunteers" Ulrich when he needs a favor. It's just like, "Oh sure, Ulrich won't mind. He'd love nothing more than to spend the concert with Sissi instead of Yumi and his friends, just so I can take a girl to the concert and impress her. No problem there." *snickers*

At least he knows when to choose a time to tell Ulrich though. Ulrich alone...no problem. Ulrich and Yumi...that's a little dangerous. xD

On an unrelated note...that girl had a pretty cool jacket. X)

It's good to see Nicholas shelling out some...well, you can't call it a "burn" exactly, but he did really nail Sissi with the, "You get to watch from the crowd," line. :*D

Aww, and I can almost feel for Jeremie in this one. He's just...not all there when it comes to the "this is something you seriously need to be at or you die" situations. XD And Aelita was stressing...definitely one of those "Your bad, my bad too," moments. Ah well...it made for some cute fluff. ^.^

Hmmm...what else can be said about this episode...

Ulrich might have a possible career as a bull-fighter... X)

And I'm sorry, but while Milly and Tamiya aren't the most "frightening" looking XANA-possessees...they can still shoot lasers that hurt.

Speaking of hurting, poor Jeremie. Knocked out twice in the same episode. Ouch. And his friends didn't even see him lying there the first time...harsh. xD; Him jumping that one girl though from the top of the elevator was really hilarious though. Go Jeremie. :D

Pretty good Lyoko battle in this one, I thought. The pan through of the Mountain Region was nice (even if we have seen it before...I think ^^; ), and my love for Kankrelats continues. They are just too cute...even if they do have horrible luck when it comes to battles. As an aside...Manta's have horrible aim, apparently. O.o

A big LOL to Yumi and William. You devirtualize me, I devirtualize you. *blinks* Although Yumi's devirtualization looked slightly painful. ^^; And is that the first time someone's actually been able to get a line out like that before they fully devirtualize? ...Because that was kind of cool... xD

And Odd gets to ride a Manta again...sweet! I think he also might have made the slightest of a "4th Wall poke" in this episode too. "Changing the music", because they're doing badly? ...Okay, maybe that's a stretch, but still. *snickers* I also rather liked how they "partial-montaged" the song, "Break Away" to the climax of this episode. It was a little awkward but it kind of worked at some points. *nods*

All in all, I give this a solid 8.5/10.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can I Get Banned For This

Postby bcde475 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:46 am

If a friend gives me gold, to hold onto and I agree to that. A few days later his acount gets banned. He tells me that I can keep and use the gold. A week later he gets a new acount and says " give me my gold ". I said I'd give him some, granted I wanted the rest. He says he's going to get me banned.

world of warcraft gold
wow power leveling

bcde475 offline

Re: Can I Get Banned For This

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:36 pm

bcde475 wrote:If a friend gives me gold, to hold onto and I agree to that. A few days later his acount gets banned. He tells me that I can keep and use the gold. A week later he gets a new acount and says " give me my gold ". I said I'd give him some, granted I wanted the rest. He says he's going to get me banned.

world of warcraft gold
wow power leveling

And this relates to "Music Soothes the Saveage Beast" how???
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:57 am

Spam bot. Posted the exact same thing in MY BUSH JOKE THREAD! HOW DARE THEY!
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, guys and girls, I finally decided to watch the last few episodes of the show that I haven't seen due to Cartoon Network butthurtery, partly because my faith in the channel returning to its old ways is all run out and partly because I really miss our Lyoko Warrior friends. I saw this episode yesterday in a fit of nostalgia. And I liked it a lot!

I honestly don't think there's anything to complain about. The XANA attack did take a different route, Odd's "electrical charge" joke was one of his best, and you gotta love Aelita's slut-tastic show outfit! I wanted to hug her and tell her everything was going to be all right. (but then again, I get that feeling in every episode) And yeah, it was good to hear the music in-context. Gave the episode a great "meta" feel.

Oh, and I'm having my doubts over whether Jeremie and Aelita will really end up together, due to Jeremie being such a jerk by not going to his supposed best friend / girlfriend's first concert. (sure, she was an opening act, but it counts, dammit! Besides, how cool is it that a 12-year-old can open for a popular band in the CL world!?) If you think back to S1, there's no way that Jeremie would even have considered something like that... the girl haunted his dreams!

Aerosmooth. Ya-ya-ya-ya-YOW-AH!!

In general, I loved it. I'll be seeing all the remainder episodes one a day for this week.

Someone talk to me about it, please.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby HiddenWatcher » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Well, I'm not sure why the Subdigitals felt they had to dress Aelita up like that or why she let them, but I suppose no harm was done.

The Jeremie/Aelita fight was alright. Though I hate to see them not getting along, it really wasn't a relationship-threatening conflict. Instead we had a brief explosion by Aelita she immediately felt sorry for. Overall I'm going with the same solution they used-split the blame 50/50 and then forget all about it. And then have a cute fluffy scene together.

Xana really seemed to be off his game. Maybe he just didn't like Aelita getting to do something exciting and wanted to spoil it regardless of effectiveness?

It was good to see Odd get some punishment for being a jerk for once. Too bad it didn't phase him.

I must say I'm impressed with Jeremie's conduct with all this hype about Aelita. He just took the fact that his girlfriend's in a magazine and people are asking her for autographs perfectly calmly. If it was Yumi instead, I can see Ulrich conducting a zany scheme consisting mostly of following her around and then making an idiot out of himself.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous