Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am

S4 Episode 22: Space Oddity

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Another episode aired... your thoughts?

10 - Code Lyoko is still perfect and will always be like that!
18%
9 - Heavily solid airing. Just the way I like it.
18%
8 - It's not perfect, but much better than the rest of the garbage that airs on CN.
18%
7 - Diggity, diggity episode.
14%
6 - It's kinda good, but it could have been better.
18%
5 - Okay enough to kill time.
9%
4 - Taking a shower during this episode airing is so much better.
5%
3 - Easy to forget.
No votes
2 - This makes SpongeBob look like a good show.
No votes
1 - Hopefully, this ends at 4 seasons 'cause episodes like this flat-out suck.
No votes
0 - This was an insult to the Code Lyoko fans.
No votes

Total votes : 22

S4 Episode 22: Space Oddity

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Hopefully, this isn't a Odd-centered episode.

This is gonna be one of the two episodes that will air tomorrow on CN. After this ends, we're getting Cousins Once Removed. 2 CL episodes in one day, sounds pretty cool. Yet, Episode 78 hasn't been aired yet on the USA. Whatever.

Just remember, vote after the episode aired on CN.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Carth » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Hahaha. One can tell it was you that wrote that poll, MY. (no offense.)

Moving this to the Ep Discussion forum. Because I can. (Is it okay if I take the Cousins Once Removed thread?)
Carth offline

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Carth wrote:Moving this to the Ep Discussion forum. Because I can. (Is it okay if I take the Cousins Once Removed thread?)

Sure, go ahead...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:03 pm

Honestly, I give this episode a 4 rating. It pales in comparison to Canine Corundum and it should have been written better. But now we know the reason why Yumi's family has no pets. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:27 pm

It was an 8 out of 10. I didn't think it was that great, though.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:28 pm

You know, I didn't think it was that great either. 0_0

The entire thing was rushed, Odd's comments about Kiwi were misplaced and corny, and the floating in the space station looked a bit awkward. A few points of win, though. Like Takeo's pink shirt. Or the dorm inspection. Is it just me, or were JP and Jim just stealing all the cool stuff they could find? :D

I'll give it a 6.5. Not very much to say about it.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Yeah, this episode sucks, BUT it did have a very cute picture of Sissi as a little girl. ^_^
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MewmiC » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Eh not Code Lyoko's best, it was great to see the 'Find The Key' segment again, but other than that nothing really happened. The Space Station was well designed but the mission felt way to easy since it took only one episode and at that the mission was really only during half of it and Odd's constant worries about Kiwi were annoying. One thing though I really liked was seeing those pictures in Sissi's closet, the first was cute while the other two were pretty funny.

I'm giving it a 6 or 7 out of 10. You'd think an episode with the Sector Five Replika would be more enjoyable. Sadly it wasn't.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:49 pm

What was the seconf picture? Anyone have a screenshot of that? :umm:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MewmiC » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 pm

The second I think was Delmas at some kind of party, maybe Sissi's birthday? I'm not sure, can't find a screenshot.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 pm

It's not at Sissi's birthday. He must've been a party boy like in Animal House. It was added just to show some comedy and to darken his image as a Mr. Belding-like figure.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:39 pm

Ah, that principal guy from Saved by the Bell?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Taelia wrote:Ah, that principal guy from Saved by the Bell?

True that...
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:58 pm

Ah yeah, that guy.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:19 pm

MewmiC wrote:The second I think was Delmas at some kind of party, maybe Sissi's birthday? I'm not sure, can't find a screenshot.
Looked like he had a little too much to drink at the party to me. XD

Disappointment fills me here. Seemed too much like a space gimmick episode, and that wasn't even done right, IMO. *snickers at one of Yumi's poses* The segments with Kiwi were cute, but hearing Odd constantly worrying over him was downright annoying (2 points though for the False Lead reference lol). They've really could have lessened the Kiwi subplot a lot and not really hurt it.

And the way they moved and 'battled' on the space station...ugh. They're in space, not underwater! Quit the swimming motions! They could've used the lack of gravity to deliver some unusual fighting style, jumping from wall to wall or something. And unless I missed something, Odd and Yumi didn't even use their weapons on the space station against those spheres! :arg:

There was so much potential for this episode, and most of it was wasted. It had a few good parts, but that was it. =/ 7/10
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:38 am

Taelia wrote:Yeah, this episode sucks, BUT it did have a very cute picture of Sissi as a little girl. ^_^

Taelia, I'm saying this with full honesty, and please don't kill me, but I couldn't care less about Sissi as a little girl. That wasn't as important.

Now, Jean-Pierre dressed in a Penguin Suit? THAT, my friends, is comedy gold!

Or at least comedy... bronze.

And yeah, sure, I do think that they were just stealing stuff. Did anyone else notice the coffee maker?

Liked the space station, didn't like XANA's machines, Didn't like how they resolved the destruction of the computer (I think that they're going to notice the supercomputer's remains... and the production facilities.)

Didn't like how they didn't use their weapons in the station, didn't like how they used the ISS, and I didn't like Kiwi. Seriously, the stupid dog is getting more and more annoying.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:09 am

timekitten wrote:And the way they moved and 'battled' on the space station...ugh. They're in space, not underwater! Quit the swimming motions! They could've used the lack of gravity to deliver some unusual fighting style, jumping from wall to wall or something. And unless I missed something, Odd and Yumi didn't even use their weapons on the space station against those spheres! :arg:

In their defense, only Odd "swam" while in zero gravity, and I find that completely in character for him. I'd have actually been disappointed if they hadn't done that, because let's face it, that's how playful Odd is.

Also, in regards to their weapons, Yumi's would have been relatively useless in zero gravity, as it simply would have lost speed too quickly, and been lost. It also would have propelled her around a lot, something she may not have been able to control. Same with Odd's laser arrows. They'd have shot him backwards a bit.

...I also get the feeling that those orbs were relatively impenetrable in relation to normal attacks. They said they were similar to megatanks and tanks' outer shells cannot be harmed by their weapons (other than Aelita's, maybe). So using them would have been useless, and possibly dangerous.

*sighs* I guess I was the only one who really liked this episode.

I thought the plotline was cute (and *gasp*, what's this? Episode to episode continuity? We haven't really seen that since season 2!), and the Sector 5 replika moments rather awesome.

I have to laugh at the theory that Jim and the principal were just doing a "check-up" so that they could swipe everyone's cool stuff. That would be hilarious if that's what they were doing.

The photos of Mr. Delmas were a roar. Way to go Sissi. XD

Odd, you're lucky Yumi stopped you from kissing her first...because I get the feeling Ulrich was getting ready to do so off-screen. Yumi totally saved your life. ;D (j/k)

...I notice Yumi also got a new bookbag...and it's PINK! xDxDxD

And what's this? Season 3 referencing? :D It's the return of Jean-Pierre the Tamagotchi! X)

I'd have to say though, that Hiroki is the single best and worst pet-sitter at the same time. ...He did take pretty good care of Kiwi...although I'm sure any regular veterinarian would disagree.

Kiwi vs. the Chip bag = Adorable! *_*

Yumi had some very nice expressions and poses in this. ^^ The animators must have been having fun. X)

Yumi's parents seem to be getting along amiably again...then again, I was never one to really buy into the idea that they had "marital problems", beyond what is normal of a couple who has married and had kids. Dysfunctional, but not troubled. Anyway...their scenes were cute, as were the scenes with Hiroki trying to clean up at super speed. XD

...What on earth was that that XANA booby-trapped the Skid with? A malevolent firewall? Weird...but awesome! :D

I was exceedingly glad to see the Lyoko gang attempting subtlety in their destruction of the Super Computer. I remember TB3 addressing some concerns over the owners of said space station suspecting sabotage, and it was nice to see them cover themselves, liability-wise, on that.

Of course they'll still notice the damage, but that's inevitable. The point was to make anyone who saw the damage believe it was due to a burst water pipe, and therefore an accident. Considering all the troubles and damages that happen to space stations all the time, I hardly think anyone will bat an eyelid at that...other than to bemoan the loss of the computer (if indeed they were actually aware of it).

Lol to Aelita calling her own attack on the Skid "stupid". XD ...It happens, Aelita...it happens. ^^;

Absolutely loved every scene of Ulrich in Sector 5, particularly his "Super Sprints", especially with the return of the "Indiana Jones" columns, and the "Leap of Faith" towards the end. I also found his "crawling for the Key" rather cute, even though he knew it was suicidal. Poor guy...at least he succeeded though. ^^

Haha, William got "teamed-up" on, again...and jumped himself into the Digital Sea...again. XD I don't know why, but for some reason I like that little "buh bye" smirk he gets when he does that...before dropping off the side. *snickers*

Big ROFL to Yumi's dad at the end. That's the most awkwardly disturbing, yet simultaneously cute scene I've witnessed in awhile.

8.9 overall, bumped to a 9 because I...well, don't agree, in part, with the message attached to the 8 option. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:01 am

Mewberries151 wrote:8.9 overall, bumped to a 9 because I...well, don't agree, in part, with the message attached to the 8 option. ^^;

That and the basic principles of "Rounding to the nearest whole number"... :nyeh!:
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:47 pm

6.5/10. Simply put, a bad episode. It kinda reminds me of the Ben 10 episode that came on before it. Just too rushed and incoherent. :no:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby timekitten » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:In their defense, only Odd "swam" while in zero gravity, and I find that completely in character for him. I'd have actually been disappointed if they hadn't done that, because let's face it, that's how playful Odd is.
I rewatched and Yumi 'swam' too, just not as noticable as Odd. Mainly after pulling Odd and running from the spike balls.

Mewberries151 wrote:Also, in regards to their weapons, Yumi's would have been relatively useless in zero gravity, as it simply would have lost speed too quickly, and been lost. It also would have propelled her around a lot, something she may not have been able to control. Same with Odd's laser arrows. They'd have shot him backwards a bit.

No on losing the speed too quickly, especially in a distance of relatively 5-9 feet. While being underwater is almost the same as being in space, things will not slow down on it's own in space. I thought the countless space movies and animes help demonstrate that. lol I could go technical, but I'll just say remember Newton's first law of motion. If there's no gravity, the momentum/speed will stay the same as it started until something stops it.

Though I don't see how the fans could propel her by throwing them. Catching, yeah. For Odd, I wish they had him fire one arrow, out of instinct. Let the force propel him suddenly against the wall, and realize that you can't exactly fight that way in space, and then leave room.

Course, one would wonder how it's possible to change your direction in the middle of the air with no objects to pull or push off of, but now I'm really being picky with space technicalities here.

Mewberries151 wrote:...I also get the feeling that those orbs were relatively impenetrable in relation to normal attacks. They said they were similar to megatanks and tanks' outer shells cannot be harmed by their weapons (other than Aelita's, maybe). So using them would have been useless, and possibly dangerous.
I'm not saying they had to destroy them or have a big action-ie fight and destroy them, just that they could have given a little more effort. Surely by now it must be instinct to shoot at something controlled by XANA, no?
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby mitchmcmichael » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:07 am

This episode had it's moments. I liked Huroki(sp?) taking care od Kiwi but I hated Odd's constant worries. I also hated how William didn't even get one hit on either Yumi or Odd. Also the way Odd and Yumi didn't move at all when they were first floating.
mitchmcmichael offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:32 pm

6.5/10. Simply put, a bad episode. It kinda reminds me of the Ben 10 episode that came on before it. Just too rushed and incoherent. :no:

I agree. This episode was one of the stupid ones. But seeing Sissi as a little girl in one of the photos was very adorable. :) Makes me wonder what happened to her mother.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:31 pm

8/10- The outer space part was cool, but the Xana-Orb idea was pretty far-fetched. Also, when they opened the portal and sucked all the orbs out, why didn't they have trouble breating because of the reduced oxygen level? The spacecraft wasn't that big.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:37 pm

Jeremified wrote:8/10- The outer space part was cool, but the Xana-Orb idea was pretty far-fetched. Also, when they opened the portal and sucked all the orbs out, why didn't they have trouble breating because of the reduced oxygen level? The spacecraft wasn't that big.

Well, they're spectres rigth?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Did you notice...?

Postby Taelia » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:24 pm

Did you notice that when any of the Warriors materialize in the Skid, they look like they're sleeping? :) They look so precious. It's like the battles that they were in were just dreams.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next