Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm

S4 Episode 21: Canine Corrundum

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

HOMICIDAL ROBOT PUPPIES

10- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
20%
9- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
23%
8- FWEET FWEET
30%
7- ...weeee?
20%
6- ...eh?
No votes
5- So what?
3%
4- ...what puppies? ULRICHYUMI OMGOMGOMG
No votes
3- You shouldn't have had that chocolate bar, Carth...
No votes
2- I could crush one with my left foot.
3%
1- The real Kiwi scares me more.
No votes
0- HOMICIDAL DISSATISFIED HUMAN
No votes

Total votes : 30

Continuity error and general review

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:10 am

In "Ultimatum and "A Great Day", Sissi does Pencak Silat rather well. (In my version of Code Lyoko, Jim is the one that is teaching her, starting to teach her when she was just a kindergartener). But apparently, her experience has been forgotten by the writers. I did like the Pencak class in general though. Especially the fact that the classes are open to everyone and anyone. I am SERIOUSLY thinking Jim should own his own Pencak dojo. =D

I also loved the scenes where Jim and the children are in the locker room. I especially loved how he took command in Jeremie's absence; he paired up the not-injured children well, and chose Sissi wisely.

But the one thing I didn't care for was the gang's displeasure with Odd's poor little diggity dog. :( Jeremie Belpoop is such a meanie-face around poor widdle Odd. :(

All in all, I give this episode an 8.5! =D Not bad writing for a rookie.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Continuity error and general review

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:54 pm

Taelia wrote:But the one thing I didn't care for was the gang's displeasure with Odd's poor little diggity dog. :( Jeremie Belpoop is such a meanie-face around poor widdle Odd. :(

How would you feel if my dog messed up in your shoes?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:32 pm

I would feel shocked, but I'd never act cruel.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Continuity error and general review

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:04 am

Taelia wrote:In "Ultimatum and "A Great Day", Sissi does Pencak Silat rather well. (In my version of Code Lyoko, Jim is the one that is teaching her, starting to teach her when she was just a kindergartener). But apparently, her experience has been forgotten by the writers.

Erm...she only had one lesson in "A Great Day", and that was RTTP-ed out of existence, I believe. ...And she clearly wasn't very far advanced in "Ultimatum"...though, granted, it's a little hard to tell when one's opponent is possessed by XANA.

Also, it seems to me that this was a more "advanced" Penchak Silat class...where they were learning more techniques, and re-going over the basics. The move Yumi pulls on Ulrich, which apparently Jim is teaching them, seems something a little too advanced to be appropriate for a "first day" class, so it's understandable that she'd have trouble with a new move, particularly one that is difficult to pull off.

No one masters anything straight off the bat, and even the masters have to practice, practice, practice, to keep up their skills. ...Sissi might not practice all that much.

Taelia wrote:I would feel shocked, but I'd never act cruel.

In what way was he cruel? He didn't tell Odd to get rid of Kiwi, nor did he make any violent threats towards the dog (or Odd).

All he asked was that Odd keep Kiwi somewhere else, where he'd be less likely to do a whole bunch of damage to their stuff. Considering everything is pretty well locked up at the Factory, I'd say that wasn't a half bad idea.

It also, in a reverse way, would have made Kiwi less likely to be discovered. Jim can't catch Odd keeping a dog if he doesn't have the dog living with him.

*blinks* I need to watch this episode again before I post my review...I've unfortunately forgotten a few of the pieces of dialogue (and scenes) that I wanted to point out. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:59 am

Ah, okay, I getcha on both things.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:17 pm

I love how Kiwi was able to re-arm Odd's laser arrows. That was just a cool thing for Kiwi to do. I also like the way Jim handled the kids in the situation. I dont think I could have made a better decision regarding them.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:06 pm

He uses his brain before he uses his muscles. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 am

Taelia wrote:He uses his brain before he uses his muscles. :)

My dog needs to do that....silly thing forgets he's housetrained at least once a month, but that's not the point.

The Kiwi-clones didn't look like the original Kiwi II to me.

Old Kiwi....
http://www.editthis.info/Code_WIKI/Image:Kiwi_II.jpg

New Kiwi....
http://www.editthis.info/Code_WIKI/Image:Kiwi_3.jpg

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:10 am

The old Kiwi-2 was adorable, but they needed a more menacing model.

And I was talking about Jim.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:35 pm

My only gripe with Kiwi is that Odd says to him "diggity dog", and the diggity word just sounds pretty corny in a annoying way. I haven't watched much of Season 1 and 2 in the English version, but has Odd called Kiwi like that before?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby ConcreteAngel » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:46 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:My only gripe with Kiwi is that Odd says to him "diggity dog", and the diggity word just sounds pretty corny in a annoying way. I haven't watched much of Season 1 and 2 in the English version, but has Odd called Kiwi like that before?

quite a few times.
i'm in love w/ code lyoko and Jasper Cullen from the Twilight series :D
...........III
........IIIIIIII
...........III
...........III
...........III
ConcreteAngel offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: WARNING! : Having a vampire boyfriend maby be hazardous to your health. [Not that you care ; )]

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:23 pm

JesusFreak wrote:The Kiwi-clones didn't look like the original Kiwi II to me.

Old Kiwi....
http://www.editthis.info/Code_WIKI/Image:Kiwi_II.jpg

New Kiwi....
http://www.editthis.info/Code_WIKI/Image:Kiwi_3.jpg

Maybe Jeremie's been refining it in the months since "The Robot". Wonder if Herb kept redoing Iron Sissi.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:08 pm

THere's an idea. Sissi prolly forced him to. Then, maybe Jer saw, got jealous, and did the same.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:33 am

Ha! Finally got to re-watch this episode. ^^

...Took me long enough... (One week= shaaaammmeeee) XD;

I just love the ways in which Season 4 has been referencing back to Season 1. I think out of all of those so far, (other than maybe "Distant Memory") this one takes the cake.

I adore Kiwi 2. ^.^

I think I liked the older model just the tiniest bit better, but the new one is still cute.

...And apparently psychotically resourceful when under XANA's control. ^^; It's been awhile since not only one but two of the main Lyoko warriors have been taken out of action by a single XANA attack.

Anyway...

The NavSkid skirmish in the beginning was awesome, particularly since we get to see William and his Rorkal again. ...And they soundly sent him packing...again. *snerks* Nice.

The Kiwi subplot was cute, mostly because Odd's awfully adorable when he's being a "nudge"...and/or pleading. xD

I loved his "Objection" line. Complete with the point. "Phoenix Wright" reference, much? ;D (I need a screenshot of that... ^^ )

The flashbacks of Kiwi's various "attacks" were also hilarious. I particularly loved the image of Ulrich chewing on his comic in frustration, and Aelita holding up her "found" pencil case. :*D

The Penchak Silat class was cute. I particularly liked Hiroki's blushing over inviting Milly. Win. X)

And is it just me...or is Johnny trying to mimic Yumi's choice of color in gym outfits, in the same way that Sissi is imitating Ulrich's? ;)

LOL to Odd having to go back down the sewer hole the minute he gets out. xD

...I love watching Yumi school Ulrich in a fight. I don't know why, I just do. It's cute. X)

Kiwi 2 has grown to level 2. Kiwi 2 has learned Double Team attack. *insert victory music*

:*D

Hiroki wins at life for totally nailing Ulrich and Yumi.

Yumi also wins for her tact with Jim. That was hilarious.

Speaking of winning, Hiroki has one serious arm. Hucking shotput around like that...and with good aim too. o.O You go, kid.

I'm beginning to wonder if MoonScoop has been trying to appease the fans who'd like the show to be a bit more serious (at least about injuries), in the best way that they're allowed to. Ulrich looked severly beaten up, and I highly doubt those were "bruises" on his face. Poor little guy. *huggles Ulrich*

And dang Yumi...why do you rock so much? First Lyoko, then in real world fighting and now in skateboarding? Just...dang. xD

...Too bad the Kiwi 2's totally nailed her later...ah well. ^^;;

Haha...Kiwi saves the day...by running away. XD I love how he just jumped up into Jeremie's chair as if to say, "SANCTUARY!" ...And then reloaded all of Odd's arrows. Brilliant.

And yes, William. You've fallen victim to the "clone" trick. It's one of Aelita's favorites, and you're not the first.

...Pulling a tantrum and throwing your sword into the Tower will not change that. ;D XD

Ulrich...you're cute when you daydream. Please do it more, preferably while everyone, particularly Yumi is there to catch you doing it. *snickers* It's adorable.

I give this a 9.7...bumped to a 10 because I got to watch it with the other Sector 5 Marauders, which only made it all the more awesome. :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby yumi_yemimah » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Pretty good episode I voted 8/10.
It was so horible how the little evil robot dogs bit Ulrich and tore up his clothes
;__; I almost started to cry ;__;
just kidding :*D
Yumi is a good fighter even when she not on Lyoko because she can whoop Ulrich's butt, unless he just lets her knock him down just because she is a girl and he has a CRUSH *_* on her.
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby Taelia » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm

If Moonscoop approves the series' continuation, I hope there are more episodes like this one. Kudos to David Gasman and Jodi Forrest for their exceptional, awesome performance here. :D :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jeremy0818 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 am

I also thought it was clever of Aelita to clone herself, like Xana cloned the Kiwi-robots, and used her clone to trick William. And it's made clear the Hiroki has a thing for Milly *_* *_* And Aelita's line after she deactivates the tower (to Jeremie): "You mean you haven't launched a return to the past yet?" This episode got a 9/10 from me.

jeremy0818 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:24 pm

This episode rocked!

If you get past Jeremie banishing Kiwi to the factory, this episode is one of the best! Jim knows Pencak Silat, and knows its qualities! We also see him showing (dare I say it) love for his beloved students! And a lot of courage too!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous