Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 am

S4 Episode 20: Kadic Bombshell

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Was this episode pwitty?

10- Here she iiiiiissss, Miiiiss Fraaa-aaa-aaance....
9%
9- It was cute and glompable ^_^
30%
8- Your average high school queen bee.
22%
7- It needs a bit of makeup.
9%
6- It wants people to want it for its personality.
4%
5- Amazingly pretty as all the other little Mary-Sues.
17%
4- Erm..unique. Just like most of us.
No votes
3- The least you could have done for us was spell "pretty" right.
No votes
2- Izza....Kankrelat. 0_0
4%
1- ...WHAT IS IT?
4%
0- Too horrendously ugly to show. Instead, we give you this footage of Ulrich making out with Yumi. Be amazed.
No votes

Total votes : 23

S4 Episode 20: Kadic Bombshell

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:36 am

Also known to the spoilermonkeys as "La Belle De Kadic".

On at 11, as always, please watch, for an animated rehash of every single Code:Lyoko Mary-Sue fanfic you've [size=0]n[/size]ever read! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Oh, and Kankrelats. America loves Kankrelats! But you know what, America hates William.

Discuss. Don't vote till it airs. Et cetra.
Carth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:55 am

This will be interesting...I hope it's a parody of fanficion, not an actaul one.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:59 am

Wait a second. Wait a d*mn second.

Code: Lyoko is not on the scheduele for today. Nor is it for the rest of the week. Nor is it on the TV- the Ben 10 movie is on.

According to TechLinks, Kadic Bombshell will not be airing until Novemer 3rd.

...locking... 0.o
Carth offline

Postby Carth » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:30 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I want people to notice it's bumped.

As far as we know, Kadic Bombshell WILL be airing tomorrow, and we get Canine Corrundum next week. France, on the other hand, gets the finale. I'm excited for both.

I'll risk opening it. Have fun, my duckies.
Carth offline

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:49 pm

This episode better be good. And I really mean it... because if Cartoon Network delayed the airing and this turns out to be a crappy episode, I'll be disappointed.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Pointless post, I know..

Postby Writing_Addict » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Meh...I've just seen something worse than any of CL's bad episodes so I won't be disapointed compared to what I just saw. ^^;;;

If anything it could be crud and I wouldn't mind...
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:02 am

Having seen the French version of this, I will attest to the fact that I personally found it hilarious and for the most part adorable. XD

The dialogue seemed particularly witty and *SPOILERALERT* William becomes rather vocal again (I think xD ), so it should be a rip-snorting good time. ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:26 am

I definitely cant wait to see it then. 10 AM cant get here quick enough.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:23 am

At long last, a person escapes the RTTP and we'll get to find out WHY ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:57 am

Spoilers AHOY!:

When Sissi's friend from Iceland, Brynja, arrives at the school to visit her French friend, all the boys swoon over her, making Sissi envious. When Brynja takes an interest in Odd, he ends up showing her the supercomputer. While there, she messes with the computer despite Odd's pleas not to, causing a glitch in the virtualization program that causes every virtualization to happen in the wrong sector. This becomes all the more problematic when William catches Aelita alone on Lyoko. When forced to choose between his friends and his new love interest, Odd initially stays with her, but decides that his friends are more important. After rescuing Aelita from William, they make up. Brynja leaves soon after, so they have no need to perform a return trip.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:22 am

I still don't get why they didn't do a RTTP...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 am

That's just to top the stupidity of today's episode. This is prolly the second worst of the season, IMO. THE lyoko FIghting was pretty good, with teh Kankrelots and Blokes dodging yumi with their li'l stubby legs, but THe real life stuff was so fanfiction-esque, I'm actually thankful my WOW DVR messed up again.

2/10. 1 point for the perfect Sissi Counter, and 1 for the jumping potatos.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:40 am

At least Odd chases Sissi in this episode. :) He should seriously do out with her.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:53 am

JesusFreak wrote:That's just to top the stupidity of today's episode. This is prolly the second worst of the season, IMO. THE lyoko FIghting was pretty good, with teh Kankrelots and Blokes dodging yumi with their li'l stubby legs, but THe real life stuff was so fanfiction-esque, I'm actually thankful my WOW DVR messed up again.

2/10. 1 point for the perfect Sissi Counter, and 1 for the jumping potatos.

To me, that was its charm. It was so ridiculously like a fanfiction it was funny.

I'm not sure whether to love or to hate Brynja teh Ninja. For one thing, her voice acting was awesome. Great accent. For two, she was the perfect oh-i'm-just-going-to-sit-and-be-perfect Mary Sue type. It's almost unbelievable how she could make things so corny by doing nothing at all. XD

The one thing I found NON-fanfictiony was that Ulrich and Jeremie had their eyeballs popping out of their head for her too at one point. I mean, in fanfictions, they don't do anything but struggle with ways to confess with their prospective love interest. :D

And was I the only one that caught Nicolas offering Brynja "a breathaking experience in the moonlight" with him? Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Lyoko scenes were amazing, as usual. I enjoyed seeing the Kankrelats, and seeing Xanliam talk again- in an amazingly legible voice. 0_0 And somehow, I really, really liked it when Ulrich got devirtualized. The look on his face seemed spot on.

And I join the throngs that say that an RTTP should have been done.

Overall, a very funny episode, worth the wait. Can't wait for next week's, though.

8.5/10, rounded up to 9. .5 for CN airing it so late, which was not its fault, and 1 point for a bit of unintelligibility in the plot in the beginning.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:59 am

Next week's episode is gonna ROOOOOOOOCK!! =D I've seen screencaps for it. There's a little secret about Jim in it. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Lemme guess...He knows Pencak Silat.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reesane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm

I slept in and missed the episode. :banghead:

I've seen the episode in French, though, and I would like to know what William said in English.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Something like "Finally, we're alone" or summat.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Lemme guess...He knows Pencak Silat.

You guessed it, JesusFreak.

Now, about Brynja. I know it's from Norse, but to me it just sounds ugly.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:20 pm

Wow, I was really surprised by this episode. I forgot how much I loved jealous romance plots (when they're not overused)!!! I was laughing through the whole show. :D

Where to start...

The Ooey-Not-As-Gooey-As-S1 U/Y moments: Ulrich admits he'd die for Yumi, then changes tune when Yumi arrives. lol Yumi (and Aelita) turning a bit spiteful in the cafeteria as the boys drool from a distance at Brynja. Yumi telling off Ulrich after Odd leaves with Brynja from the Wreck room, then Ulrich replies with "What do you care? We're just good friends. Remember?" (Score! Ulrich 1, Yumi 0 :*D ). And of course, during the fight, Yumi got distracted after seeing Ulrich bite the dust, and got devirtualized herself.

A/J moments/hints: How could the group question whether Jeremie and Aelita would die for each other?! Has the past 3 seasons taught them nothing?! :arg: Well, the whole Jeremie being brain-fried in the presence of Brynja with Aelita jealous is hilarious.

See? This episode shows why Odd shouldn't be in deep love. He starts doing stupid stuff without thinking. Go back to the 2 minute love, Odd! At least he was smart enough to blindfold Brynja. Course, I kid, he does need someone. The whole who-die-for-who at the beginning really made him feel (or seem to feel) alone. :no:

Ya wanna know why they didn't do an RTTP? Because they'd be going all over this romancy-jealous again (cuz the boy hormones would not ignore her, and you know it), only to have her leave a little after they decided to do the RTTP.

Now, to the action part: Lyoko. William! I missed you and your easily misinterpreted one-liners. :*D "Aelita! At last! Just the two of us!" Please tell me I wasn't the only one who LOL over this line. XD "XANA's going to have your company for good. Mwhahahaa." This confirms it. XANA's crazy for Aelita. And it's not about Franz. :P And look, William's venting his frustration on Aelita. Bad boy. That cost him time.

Yumi: "And your telling us now??" (I really agree with her there. Jeremie, say this stuff sooner!)

William: "How could I possibly ask for more? I can have three birds with one stone." William! XANA doesn't like mindless chatter like that! He could make you a mute again for next episode! o_O

Anyway, at the end, I loved how Odd starting chasing Sissi. I'd give this episode a 9/10.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:29 pm

Decent. Good Lyoko fight. I liked seeing the Kankrelat jump in surprise as the Blok next to it exploded. (How can you not love the Kankrelats?)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:31 pm

How can you not ADORE those scuttling potatoes. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:47 pm

only when i'm hungry for French Fries :D .

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:21 pm

XD

Brynja was such a snobbish brat!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Taelia wrote:XD

Brynja was such a snobbish brat!

Well, that's kind of the thing, Taelia. Her sole purpose in life is to cause trouble simply by existing.
Carth offline

Next