Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm

S4 Episode 20: Kadic Bombshell

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Was this episode pwitty?

10- Here she iiiiiissss, Miiiiss Fraaa-aaa-aaance....
9%
9- It was cute and glompable ^_^
30%
8- Your average high school queen bee.
22%
7- It needs a bit of makeup.
9%
6- It wants people to want it for its personality.
4%
5- Amazingly pretty as all the other little Mary-Sues.
17%
4- Erm..unique. Just like most of us.
No votes
3- The least you could have done for us was spell "pretty" right.
No votes
2- Izza....Kankrelat. 0_0
4%
1- ...WHAT IS IT?
4%
0- Too horrendously ugly to show. Instead, we give you this footage of Ulrich making out with Yumi. Be amazed.
No votes

Total votes : 23

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:37 pm

I know.

In my reworking of this episode, I gave her a new name "Frieda". And she will appear again in the reworking of "Canine Corundum", too. ;)

I did like the OddSissi part at the end, and I just know there will be s'more till the season finale and in Season 5.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:52 am

Other than the drama bits and Xana-William kicking *ss, this episode is forgettable.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:12 am

Brybja was the typical snobby...um....
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:37 am

Taelia wrote:Brybja was the typical snobby...um....

You've said that three times, Taelia. Calm yourself. :)

To make this post worthwhile...next week's episode looks like fun. I mean, come on. It's got something for everyone. It's got Jim. It's got Xanliam (though he appears to have run his allowance of indepenent thought for the month). It's got UlrichYumi fluff. It's got homicidal robot puppies. And it's got this.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:06 pm

Yeah! And it has Johnny, Hiroki, Milly, and Tamiya!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:40 am

*blinks* Wow...it is a sad sad weekend (for me, anyway) when I am unable to post my love of the newest CL episode before 2 days after its airing. ...Shame on me. ^^;

Anyway, I am 100% digging Carth's interpretation of this episode. X) The CL writers have poked the 4th wall before, and they've put in little shout-outs and tidbits to the fandom in other episodes, so I have no trouble at all believing that this episode is just one big shout-out to all those who have written, drawn, (or was forced to endure) a Mary-Sue piece.

Brynja is such an all encompassing manifestation of just about every Mary-Sue ever made (for any fandom, not just CL's), that it's just hilarious. They even had Ulrich and Jeremie going starry-eyed for her, which too me is even more hilarious. While it may not be typical of the CL fandom, in other fandoms, Mary-Sue's tend to have the power to captivate "all" guys, even the ones who already have canon relationships. (For further information on this...read a Rurouni Kenshin Mary-Sue fic, preferably one with less than 1000 words >D )

So, anyway, I found the Brynja sub-plot hilarious...and seeing how there was a relative lack of a XANA plot (no attack, gigagasp!), I think the writers did this for fun.

Hmmm, other notable notes of hilarious awesomeness in this episode:

Ulrich. Aww, come on! You had such an adorable line...and then you chickened out and blew it. Granted, most of us have probably known for ages now that he'd willingly put his life on the line for Yumi, but it was super nice and super adorable to hear him say it. ^.^

...Points off for taking it back when Yumi showed up, and more points off for taking it back and then agreeing with Odd. XD; *throws a sock at Ulrich* Big chicken...

That was a huge "burn" he nailed Yumi with though...it's amusing to see him use her own words against her...especially since I'm half-wondering if he's noticed her feelings for him are coming back ten-fold. ...Eh...maybe he's not "that" perceptive...but it is amusing all the same.

Jeremie...you better start locking your door at night (and/or try to steal back whatever key you gave Aelita to it )...because she's going to kill you later.

...The both of you running off giggling together, though, was adorable and highly amusing. *giggles*

William...William utterly stole this episode. :*D And he's bantering! YEAH!!! I have been itching for some witty battle banter from him (particularly between himself and Ulrich) and boo-yah!! Did they ever deliver! xD His lines were brilliant...as were most of the expressions and actions that accompanied them.

...Although the way in which he kind of "playfully manipulated and tossed" Aelita around was just the tiniest bit creepy...evil though...but creepy. X)

...And the way in which he devirtualized Ulrich. That was creepy too...but kind of that dramatically cool creepy. *snickers*

And I see that XANA decided to send his Olympic-hopefuls team with William this time! XD I have never seen Roaches and Bloks jump like that, and it was absolutely hilarious!

And (wow, that's a lot of "and"s xD; )...Yumi getting frozen at the arms...just...LOL... X)

*snickers* The ending was great too. Sissi solves the group's problems for them and sends Brynja off. X) Odd creeping Sissi out by chasing after her too was brilliant as well. *giggles*

A solid 9 out of 10. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:04 am

I seriously think Brynja is too promiscuous. She sounds like a teenage Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:57 am

Well, she dresssed more modestly than around half the young ladies at Kadic.

Modesty is the way to enhance your charm by not being aware of it.-Some important dead guy.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:56 pm

I wonder... who voices Brynja?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:53 pm

Carth wrote:
Taelia wrote:Brybja was the typical snobby...um....

To make this post worthwhile...next week's episode looks like fun. I mean, come on. It's got something for everyone. It's got Jim. It's got Xanliam (though he appears to have run his allowance of indepenent thought for the month). It's got UlrichYumi fluff. It's got homicidal robot puppies. And it's got this.

Is that a minotaur? And do the homicidal robot puppies pack any heat?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby MY85 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Taelia wrote:I seriously think Brynja is too promiscuous.

Really, she's not close to be considered as promiscuous. To me, she just seemed like a generic teenager.

And who didn't loved to see Aelita getting her *ss kicked by William?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:04 pm

XD That was hilarious...
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:38 am

My god- it was every bad CL fanfic I've ever read, except that Odd got over it and the new girl didn't join!

I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it.

I liked the OddXSissi moment at the end, though...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:43 pm

I really do wonder who did Brynja's voice. She sounded like Miss Bianca from The Rescuers. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jaimehlers » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:22 pm

Wow, William actually had some really good lines. Anyone want to bet that he won't say anything next episode?

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby yumi_yemimah » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:45 pm

*_* I loved this eppy with all the love, jealousy,and betrayal *_*
That girl from Iceland wasnt even that cute its just that her hair really shiny. I was suprised when Jeremy was all (wowing) when he first saw this Iceland girl because I thought Aelita ws the only girl for him :whatever: (maybe they will die of boredom). I was quite happy when Odd went to the pool instead of to lyoko because his friends were being very lame and if they would have never got jealous and told Odd to stop seeing this Iceland girl Odd would have never had to show this Iceland girl the factory.

Can anyone tell my what Sissi was saying just before Odd started chasing her? :umm:
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:36 pm

Something like "get away from me you freak!" or summat.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Yeah, that's exactly it.

Anybody wanna make a topic for tomorrow morning's episode?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:48 pm

It needs make-up, I'll review it more thoroughly later.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby yumi_yemimah » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:12 am

JesusFreak wrote:Something like "get away from me you freak!" or summat.
No before that she was saying somthing about hanging around boys, what did Sissi say?
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby timekitten » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:11 am

"I almost feel sorry for you. You'll never have boys hanging around you." - Something along those lines.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby mitchmcmichael » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:12 am

Pretty good episode. I liked it but...I'm not a soap opera fan...no offence.
mitchmcmichael offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby zex marquise » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:22 pm

Everyone should have figured it out by now, but William's body is not being possessed as an avatar for XANA. Willy made enough comments in this episode to prove that his own mind resides in his body (which is no doubt why the gang hasn't bothered to look for his digital DNA on the net again). His mind has just become corrupted with an override program that makes him want to destroy. So it's still him, but under the influence (of xana).

Also, was anyone else really angry at William for using the Force to toss Aelita around? What defense is there against that?
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby timekitten » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:58 pm

Other than flaunting power is a standard evil procedure? None really. It was pointless, and a waste of energy which could have been used to dump Aelita. I bet XANA reamed William afterwards because it cost time and allowed the gang to get there in time. :wag:
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Previous