Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 pm

S4 Episode 19: Guided Missle

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Is this episode a go?

10- Roger that, sir!
29%
9- A little chrome paint chipping off the roof, but we should fly.
21%
8- At least we'll get there faster than Amelia Earhart.
25%
7- What's this button do?
No votes
6- ...no lazers? What kind of a plane is this?
17%
5- We have run out of in-flight peanut packages.
No votes
4- Is the 'throttle' this thingy that just broke?
No votes
3- Uh, Houston, we have a problem...
4%
2- Wait, what'd you say? The Schyphozoa has to go?
4%
1- EJECT EJECT EJECT
No votes
0- *zzt* *zzt*
No votes

Total votes : 24

S4 Episode 19: Guided Missle

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:08 am

Hello. Welcome to XANA airlines, premier in family transport. Your comfort is our top priority, and our stewardesses will be willing to give you anything you desire. Don't mind theír appearances, or the lasers on their heads. I am Xanliam, your pilot tonight, and be rest assured i am very experienced in the art of battleship*cough* plane flying.

In the event of an emergency, please exit the plane in an orderly fashion. Emergency exits are clearly marked. Remember, always save the children first!

We are nonstop to a small abandoned factory just outside Paris, and should be landing there shortly. Be aware that I am not good at landing, but that is entirely the point. Schyphozoas will be positioned by all exits to assist any who wish to live.

Now buckle up, it's the law, and enjoy your flight.

Okay, okay, I'm done.

Discuss. Don't vote until it airs! :D
Carth offline

Postby Kamekai » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:36 am

=D I'm actually gonna catch this one! *_*

*sings to himself* "Fall is just something that grownups invented!"
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:30 am

This episode makes me think of 9/11.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:52 am

You know...I never thought of that, Taelia. If it'd been slated to air, like, September 12, 2001, it would've never been aired. And France would've been, like, nuked. :P

Anyway, this was filler, but really, REALLY good filler. :D

"That's my cure for a swelled head." Awesome. Simply, simply awesome. Xanliam also seems to have gotten some of his brain privleges back. That thing where he was chasing Aelita in Supersmoke was teh pwn- as was Aelita kicking him. BOOT TO THE HEAD! BOOT TO THE HEAD!

I admire Jeremie's bravery. I have trouble getting on a regular plane, let alone a fighter jet that's...posessed by XANA...and about to be shot out of the air. Yep. And we finally see what the heck that 'pilot' outfit is! I want his pants. His pants amuse me.

It's nice to see Aelita taking a bit of limelight for herself with that postcard. "Maybe it's from XANA. He could be on vacation." *has a mental image of Xanliam getting a suntan*

Aelita has a pink laptop, hm? The age-old question is asked again, where in hell do they get all this funding?

Odd at the end was priceless. "J..Jeremie! Jeremie Belpois!" Hope he had a nice flight. :P

9.5/10. .5 for no plot development.
Last edited by Carth on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:54 am

I'm glad I brought this up, because when the attacks happened I was in my Drama class, and I didn't wanna have to remember such horrible memories.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:56 am

Awww. ;_; I was eight when they happened. Don't remember them much. I was just like 'aww...teh buildings are gone.'

But this is not a 9/11 thread. It is a Guided Missle thread. Anyone else have thoughts on the episode?
Carth offline

Postby Kamekai » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:04 pm

A complete filler, you say? I think not. Apparently Jim has a pet. "This is my pet's-- Er, my favorite food!" Anyone else catch that? Any episode that adds or solves something to the great, big CL puzzle isn't a filler in my book.

Unfortunately, I have a slight tendancy to be wrong. So, 'filler' as it was, I give it a 8.5/10, 1.5 for no plot devolopment. .5 is just too lenient.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MewmiC » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Another good one, Jeremie wrote Aelita a fake postcard, aww that's so sweet. *_* Poor Odd though, excited to get something for his parents...only to find out it's for his dog. I guess this means his parents don't know about the 'no pets' rule. Jeremie not liking flying, yeah I can understand that, being a couple thousand feet in the air, moving really fast. Being in a XANA possesssed jet probably didn't help that much either. Odd at the end though was hilarious! "Stop I want to get off!"

And the race, probably the best thing on Lyoko today. Aelita was so close, William's just a little too fast though. I'm getting a little tired of seeing almost all the same scenes just reshuffled when they fight William so I'm kind glad Ulrich got a few new shots with that final blow.

8.5/10
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Writing_Addict » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:47 pm

Gah I missed it by a few minutes. :arg: Well it sounds like a nice epi.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Am I the only one who thought dirty thoughts with the way Supersmoke William looked as he was chasing after Aelita? xD;;; *brick'd*

This episode was pretty awesome if you ask me, even if it was filler (although we did get a little character devlopment, which is good). Aelita trying to peek at everybody's handwriting was cute. And very obvious xD Aelita, I thought you were the stealthy one ;P

All of Jeremie's scenes in the fighter jet were pure gold. And I want that jumpsuit. It never explained how he got into contact with the factory from there but enh, he's Jeremie, the MacGuyver of computer systems ;P xDD

The scenes in Lyoko were awesome too ^^ I loved the fighting, and the chase scene between William and Aelita. And the fact we actually got some flight time out of her as well, after the past couple of episodes. Woo Aelita's wings~!

Also, laughs go to Jim and the "pâté" as well. And to Aelita and Jeremie both giggling at him at the end when he was looking for more of it.

Overall, the episode was pretty good ^^ I'm sure Mew will be by later to cover what I didn't ;P xDD I'd give it a 9 like I have been with episodes lately, but I'm bumping it up to a frickin' 10 because of all the scenes in the air, especially the GRAPHICS on the jets flying around. Absolutely perfect.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 pm

Awesome for a filler! Was Ulrich devirtualized when no one was looking, or did the animators make a mistake? Near the end of the episode when Yumi is at the computer,it should be Odd on the other side of the chair, shouldn't it? I didn't see Ulrich get devirtualized! Anyways, Odd at the end was priceless. "Stop!!! Let me off!!" :D and he was the one who wanted to go on it the whole time!

Graphics were awesome. The chase was great to watch. Jeremie sending the postcard was so sweet though!!!
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby TB3 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Hehehe - I'm looking forward to seeing this in English, but it must be said, whenever I was watching the episode in French, I kept thinking this 'brand-new' jet looked suspiciously like this, and thus once XANA took control half expected it to do this.

Lol, what a joyful clash of personalities that would be...

Hmm...

TRANSFORMERS/CODE: LYOKO CROSSOVER PART 1

MEGATRON:
XANA - you may be continually defeated by a group of children, but your success-rate is still higher than 99% of my warriors - thus I hereby make you my lieutenant, and grant you a decepticon body

(fires offscreen - a brief scream is heard)

MEGATRON:
Starscream's body just became vacant
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:50 pm

I- I don't believe it. I completely missed the episode today.

Man, I hate monday vacations, it's throwing my whole weel off! :whatever:

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:54 pm

MEGATRON:
XANA - you may be continually defeated by a group of children, but your success-rate is still higher than 99% of my warriors - thus I hereby make you my lieutenant, and grant you a decepticon body

A-HA! =D You ADMIT it, TB3, that the Lyoko Warriors and the rest of Kadic's students are children! :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:05 pm

Taelia wrote:

MEGATRON:

A-HA! =D You ADMIT it, TB3, that the Lyoko Warriors and the rest of Kadic's students are children! :D

When did I ever deny it? :umm:
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:15 pm

Uh, never mind.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Arcangel613 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:41 pm

TB3 wrote:Hehehe - I'm looking forward to seeing this in English, but it must be said, whenever I was watching the episode in French, I kept thinking this 'brand-new' jet looked suspiciously like this, and thus once XANA took control half expected it to do this.

Hmm...

MEGATRON:

MEGATRON:

*looks at her Starsceam toy and the then to the sharpie in her hand*

Hmm....

*scribbles XANA sign on his head*

Personally I thought this was pretty good for a filler. Jer sending Aileta a post card was very thoughtful of him. And could Jim possablly have a secret pet like Odd?!? Or was he talking about an old pet?

Questions, questions, questions...
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby timekitten » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:41 pm

TB3 wrote:TRANSFORMERS/CODE: LYOKO CROSSOVER PART 1

MEGATRON:

MEGATRON:
I'd kill to see that! xD

Loved seeing William take his ash--I mean, smoky powers to the next level. And loved how he took Odd out. Arrow advantage lost.

I hated the pilot's voice. Elvis accent! It burns!!! >_< They need to work on VAing. Course, it doesn't top the MIBs in False Lead. Someone must have taken helium for that. :whatever:

Did anyone else notice that the area they fought in was the same place in XANA Awakens (pt 2), with the same enemies? Gotta love all these past references this season.

Okay episode. I give it an 8/10. Nothing too notable storywise. 'Cept for learning of Jeremie's small phobia toward planes. And hearing Odd scream like a girl. lol Oh wait, he always sounds like one. XD
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:26 am

Crash Course wrote:Am I the only one who thought dirty thoughts with the way Supersmoke William looked as he was chasing after Aelita? xD;;; *brick'd*

No...no...not at all... xD;;;;

*snickers* And Odd's string of bad luck continues. XD One package from home...and it's for his dog. And Jeremie wins the prize he worked to win. Poor poor Odd. *snerks*

The sub-plot of Aelita's "mystery correspondent" was really cute. And her postcard had a moose on it! :D Yay, Moose! xD

...There was an excessive lack of Yumi in the first half of this episode. ^^;

Ulrich was seriously on the ball in terms of back-talk today. "Whoever said your dog was normal?" Buuuurrrrnnnn... :*D

On that note though, I need to join whatever Kiwi clubs are available. I love that little dog. ^^

Jeremie and the press were hilarious, as was Jeremie and the pilot. Hahaha...Elvis-impersonation for the win. *snickers*

And yes, Mr. Elvis-Pilot; regardless of whether he's a 13 year old kid or not, if someone tells you not to mess with the controls and that something's taken it over, you LISTEN! xD

That seems awful harsh though...don't the military have any other options to look at before resorting to Plan: "SHOOT 'EM DOWN LAWLS"? I mean, yeah, time is of the essense...but, really... ^^;

Ahem...anyway...XANA-William. Best entrance I've seen him make since "The Lake". A subtle tap on the shoulder, and a "Mwahaha, I am behind you, rawr!" look. "Hello, my dear." William, your "evil cred" has been restored (...not sure if it was ever lost, but, you know... ;D ).

You and Aelita also both win for best chase scene ever. Aelita with her wings and you with your SuperSmoke powers. That was just plain awesome.

...Aelita, however, gets more points than you because she repeatedly kicked you in the head with the flat of her boot. That was hilarious, and made of awesome. (Aelita: *kicks William in head* Smack....smack smack smack smack, smack-ety smack ) :*D

Poor Odd and Yumi got beaten this time...Ulrich was completely on the top of his game again though. And yet another Matrix pan-around, for the win! *snerks* Very nice! And he finally beat William in a true duel. Sa-weet!

Awww, Jeremie gets all the "fluff" points for this episode. *giggles* Sending that post card was a really cute gesture. ^^

And Odd's bad luck strikes again. He poses as Jeremie...and, after teasing his friend about the very same thing, ends up not being able to hack flying in the plane (although granted, I'd have done exactly what either of them did myself ^^; ). Now <i>that</i> is karma. XD;

9/10 (Was going to be 8/10, 1 point for the lack of Yumi, and another off for the lack of Clone William, again, but one point made up for XANA-William and Aelita's awesomeness. ^^ )
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zex marquise » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:52 am

lol I watched this one in French a few days ago. Can't wait for the English dub to get youtubed. Great animation during the aerial scenes, eh?
TB3 wrote:Hehehe - I'm looking forward to seeing this in English, but it must be said, whenever I was watching the episode in French, I kept thinking this 'brand-new' jet looked suspiciously like this, and thus once XANA took control half expected it to do this.

lol that's the American-made F-14 Tomcat, commissioned in 1974. Why is modern-day France relying on crappy old American planes? Didn't they just finish making Europe's response to the F-22 Raptor (our non-crappy, non-old plane; at least we have ONE)?
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:31 am

Whoa, man, YEAH! The Lyoko fight was FIERCE!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:12 am

I liked the part were Aelita starts kicking William and then using her power. ( For got what the power was.)
................. lllll
...............llllllllllllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby Taelia » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:50 am

Energy field! Energy field!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:04 pm

Most awesome episode ever! Well, it's "up there" at least. :*D

Ha, ha... I still got it, baby.

First off, I would like to point out I was very worried for Yumi at the start of the episode. I think this is the longest she's gone in recent times without showing up, and I was afraid we had missed an episode in which something bad happens to her... but when she finally showed up I was very relieved.

And now, the part of my review that actually says something. Did you guys notice that when Aelita phones her friends to inform them of the Xana attack, she called Odd when she could have chosen to call Ulrich or Yumi just as easily? This, their kiss, and the fact that Odd showed Aelita how to steer the Skid, may offer a little proof to those Odd / Aelita shippers... though personally I think Aelita and Jeremie might still belong to one another if they work a bit harder at it.

Also... pink laptop! Adorable City! I want to hug Aelita twice as hard now! :peck:
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:54 pm

zex marquise wrote:lol I watched this one in French a few days ago. Can't wait for the English dub to get youtubed. Great animation during the aerial scenes, eh?

lol that's the American-made F-14 Tomcat, commissioned in 1974. Why is modern-day France relying on crappy old American planes? Didn't they just finish making Europe's response to the F-22 Raptor (our non-crappy, non-old plane; at least we have ONE)?

Because maybe France doen't want it's fighters on a children's show in a negative light?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Next