Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 am

S4 Episode 17: Distant Memory

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Distant Memory opinion?

10- I wanna remember this one forever!
58%
9- Pretty cool~
25%
8- It had a couple flaws, but was still good
8%
7- Average episode *yawn*
5%
6- It...could've been better, but...
5%
5- XANA's shining moment that ain't
No votes
4- It's all going downhill
No votes
3- Pft. Change the channel already..
No votes
2- Not that good at all
No votes
1- The commercials were better than this
No votes
0- No! Why must the wolves torment me so?!
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:58 am

Ghost Guest wrote:And uh... great episode. One of those with a great combination of emotion, action and plot. Though I do wonder... if everyone was going home during the holidays, does that mean the William clone had to spend the time with the original William's family? And what would that be like? One can only imagine...
XD One can only...

Nice review, TB3. But where's my cookie? ;)
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:36 pm

I loved it! I was basicly crying when aelita was pushed into the digital sea. I was like omg Franz Hopper is contacting aelita! I think it was also funny when everyone came back, but I would do that too if it was my girlfriend. ( I'm basiclly Jereme and Aelita is Alyson my. (GF^_^) But overall I just loved it!I thought aelita was gone forever. ;__; 10/10
................. lllll
...............llllllllllllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Looks like Kiwi was playing with mister Puck...

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby UltimaHedgie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:33 pm

Aww, man, best episode in the season and I just happened to miss THAT one?! The reason is because it was my sister's birthday... Dagnabit! Now I have to resort to YouTube (I tried getting a Tech Links account, but I never received the email verification).
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:05 pm

CN Video is okay, if you have a decent PC to run it.

May the Force be with you-Woo boy, MegaJesusMan's gonna love this episode.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby UltimaHedgie » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Ah, thanks, JesusFreak.

Anyway, I'd have to agree... that was TOTALLY awesome. This episode solves quite a few realizations--such as why XANA is still after Aelita. Obviously, if Franz is still around, the kids still have a fighting chance, but as Franz is whom has helped them all this time, without him, XANA can win.

Personally, I give it a 10. First time I'd ever do that. It is also definitely the most revealing episode all season, though every episode has added bits and pieces to the puzzle.
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:54 pm

xD Priceless episode. I thought it would break my little heart to see such...BETRAYEL...but alas...*dramatic gasp* I loved the episode after watching it on Tuesday...(curse CN for making it on Saturdays) but great thankies to Teklinks...

I said to myself Carth would have a field day with this one (cause of William's awesomness)...meh. They didn't. *gonk*

Anyhow aside from my useless chat, I give this episode a 10/10. I would have given a nine but William chattiness and my fan girly side taking over Will and Ulrich...
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tekirai » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm

This episode was GREAT. Seriously. :O I hope the rest of the season is like this one.

Am I the only one who got a hint of innuendo from the 'does your laptop happen to have pink hair' part...? Um. xD;; Go Mr Belpois! >_> <_<

Uggggh Ulrich's mom is nothing like how I write her in my stories. D: I dun care. Mrs Stern will have her own Tekicanon persona. (how I write her is a surprise *kukuku* >3)

The scene with Aelita trying to prove Franzy was fake was pretty well done. I love scenes like that in almost anything. :P

Zomgwheee @ the end where Ulrich was like 'No thanks and btw I'm totally not doing this to make you like me srsly' at the presents. x3 U/Y is starting to make its appearence again. Couldn't catch the reference everyone was talking about though... I might go watch the subbed Lab Rat nowbecause I'm starting to think it's become another Temptation. :\

And seeing Franz again in bubble form was coolio. This episode... = yay. x3
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:44 pm

Wish this ep was on YouTube.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Awesome, awesome episode!! Yay for more Aelita-pastness. And for bringing her mom back into the picture. Poor girl...
and poor Ulrich! I know he feels...(only with me, my mom is like his dad, and visa versa) hehehe, it wsa cute when Jeremie got teased about Aelita. Parents are good at that...
Did anyone else think that inside that big energy bubble was a evil Aelita? I did!!! (before Jeremie explained what it was, of course) I thought XANA had summonded it or something...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:51 pm

Taelia wrote:Wish this ep was on YouTube.

It is. Like, 5 times. xD
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:19 pm

Tekirai wrote:
Taelia wrote:Wish this ep was on YouTube.

It is. Like, 5 times. xD

Yep...(you got to it before me. xp )
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:22 pm

I have one more thing to say about this ep (that I can think of)...DUCKY!

Seriously, is it a rule that every show rated for 7 year olds or under has to have at least one reference to a rubber duck?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:31 pm

Eerily but awesomely, Antea sounds like Suzanne. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:36 pm

What do the Men In Black want with Antea Hopper, for God's sake? Is she behind the Zappa Case?

Oh, wait. I'm just being sarcastic because we still don't know why the Men in Black have some grudge against the Hopper.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:25 pm

This episode was great, the family issues, the evil plots, the flashbacks, all the good stuff that we have come to know and love from CL.

The flashback of Aelita's past was a pretty emotional point. I dont remember feeling that way since Cold War. The writing was very very top notch for this episode.

I loved the Franz Hopper appearance, that was just downright awesome.

Great episode.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:37 pm

Yumi pronounced Millie's last name wrong.

IT'S SO-LA-VEE-EFF!! Remember that next time, Mirabelle.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:06 am

That was rather rude, wasn't it?
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:47 am

Uh-huh.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Antea? When did any one say that's Aelita's mom's name? Or did I miss it....O.o....I need to pay better attention.
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Part of some spoilers that also said William's ship was called the Rorok.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Kamekai » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm watchin' this right now on CNVideo, relaxing on the chair with my laptop. Turns out that WLAN is streaming faster than LAN. :S

"May the force be with you!" ^^ OMG this so raised up my image of Odd. little details like this really can show a lot about a person's character, you know what I mean? i.e., the Scene w/ Ulrich & Co. in the car showed that Ulrich is distant, possibly lost in thought. It shows that he thinks his dad is wrong, but he doesn't feel like proving it, and... slightly emo. :*D Well, on to part 2! =D

EDIT: Wait a minute. :umm: Jeremie said that he can't virtualize Yumi in the sim bubble. Yet he did it himself back in S1 when he was a n00b! Mkay, maybe not a n00b in general, but a n00b compared to his current self. Nontheless, I am confused. =/ Oh, and nice, NICE job on your review, Teebs. No, really, keep the cookie. You deserve it. :)
Last edited by Kamekai on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:29 am

kamekai wrote:EDIT: Wait a minute. :umm: Jeremie said that he can't virtualize Yumi in the sim bubble. Yet he did it himself back in S1 when he was a n00b! Mkay, maybe not a n00b in general, but a n00b compared to his current self. Nontheless, I am confused. =/

Well, XANA's gotten better, too... plus, XANA didn't seem surprised when Jeremie virtualized in "Ghost Channel", so maybe XANA allowed Jeremie in as part of its trap.

<ltt> Also, this simulation bubble was far smaller than the one in "Ghost Channel"; according to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, at small scales locations become harder to pinpoint; the spatial compression in this bubble (bigger on the inside than the outside) probably exaggerates that effect. </ltt>
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:56 pm

I agree with young Aelita looking a little bit strange, but I'm sure if she had been designed in the same way as regular Aelita, she would have looked much better, and besides, we all see how beautiful she became... right? Anyway, about this episode, all I really have to say is that Aelita should have known better than to respond to a Hopperian call that arrives just as everyone else is gone and when she is at her most exposed. Xana's farce was pretty sophisticated this time, and Aelita might have been very excited at the possibility of finally seeing her father, so I guess we can't blame her naivité.

Besides, Jeremie is so lucky to have both Aelita and such an understanding father...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby yumi_yemimah » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:33 pm

Aelita is so cute when she is little and her mom is very beautiful. I wish I had pink hair.
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

PreviousNext