Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm

S4 Episode 17: Distant Memory

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Distant Memory opinion?

10- I wanna remember this one forever!
58%
9- Pretty cool~
25%
8- It had a couple flaws, but was still good
8%
7- Average episode *yawn*
5%
6- It...could've been better, but...
5%
5- XANA's shining moment that ain't
No votes
4- It's all going downhill
No votes
3- Pft. Change the channel already..
No votes
2- Not that good at all
No votes
1- The commercials were better than this
No votes
0- No! Why must the wolves torment me so?!
No votes

Total votes : 40

S4 Episode 17: Distant Memory

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:23 pm

xD; Well here's a topic...after the episode. A-anyway, discuss! And of course, everyone's free to vote on the poll now since the episode's aired xD I'll probably come in with my opinion cool but for now, I think ":D" will do xD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:48 pm

I really liked this episode. Now I know what to do if William tries to destroy me...
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby twilightchaos09 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:55 pm

Well, all in all, I absolutely LOVED this episode. Though, Young Aelita looks ever so slightly creepy…… But I wonder why they took Aelita’s mother away. You’d think it would be Franz they would take away. Xanillium really needs to stop gloating before he wins. But now we know exactly what happened to Franz. And I got one thing to say to Xana: You had Aelita’s memories in your possession for HOW LONG exactly? And yet you STILL forgot to stick Aelita’s mom in the bubble!? If you’d done that, you probably would’ve won with ease. Though, I simply love the fact that Aelita will be staying with Jeremie for the holiday. TAKE THAT OxA SHIPPERS! :P :P :P And now we know that Odd has a sister. And maybe some more siblings. Well, my opinion for rating today’s episode: 9.5/10.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:56 pm

Let's see...
Return of the Sterns = +1 bonus...
Return of Mr. Belpois = +1 bonus...
-and shipping awareness = +0.5 bonus...
Return of Mr. Puck = +2 bonus...
Hints of early 90's = +3 bonus...
Return of the Ghost Channel = +4 bonus...
Franz Hopper in the energy-bubble flesh = +5 bonus...

Wow! This episode has reached 16.5/10 from bonus points alone!
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:53 pm

LDChaosBdon wrote:Well, all in all, I absolutely LOVED this episode. Though, Young Aelita looks ever so slightly creepy…… But I wonder why they took Aelita’s mother away. You’d think it would be Franz they would take away. Xanillium really needs to stop gloating before he wins. But now we know exactly what happened to Franz. And I got one thing to say to Xana: You had Aelita’s memories in your possession for HOW LONG exactly? And yet you STILL forgot to stick Aelita’s mom in the bubble!? If you’d done that, you probably would’ve won with ease. Though, I simply love the fact that Aelita will be staying with Jeremie for the holiday. TAKE THAT OxA SHIPPERS! :P :P :P And now we know that Odd has a sister. And maybe some more siblings. Well, my opinion for rating today’s episode: 9.5/10.

I agree with everything, but I have a few things to add.

First off, the thing where they took away Mrs. Hopper. Well, we know he was on the top-secret Carthage Project. Perhaps Franz started to have objections, or not working as effectively due to his hatred of the project. So, to make sure that he was compliant, maybe the govenment took his wife as "Insurance," if you get my drift.

Two: Xanalim HAS to gloat before he wins. It's part of the villian code. Though if XANA ever gets his hands on a copy of the Evil Overlords List... (Shudders)

I think he HAD the memories... but didn't examine them too carefully. Or if he did, he thought that Aelita wouldn't notice his slip.

Yeah, OXA shippers are in a decline recently. Oh well.

Yes, Odd has a sister. Actually, in one source, I think it said that Odd had FOUR sisters.

A good episode overall.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MewmiC » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:58 pm

Let's see, Ghost Channel reference (it was even called 'Ghost Channel' and destroyed the same way), William getting more talkative, actually seeing Franz Hoppers bubble, Jeremie's father wanting Jeremie to bring Aelita over for the holidays. Yeah this is definately a ten of ten episode.

So Aelita's mom was taken away by the Men in Black. I liked the little bell noises Hopper gave off they were a nice touch. I gotta feel sorry for Odd, five older sisters and apparently no other brothers that has to be horrible for him.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Jinnai » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Yes, Odd has a sister. Actually, in one source, I think it said that Odd had FOUR sisters.

He does. Remember...

Odd: "Hey, Pauline? Yeah, tell Elizabeth to tell Marie to tell Louise to tell Mom and Dad that I can't come."

Best quote of the episode goes to William: "You want to leave? Be my guest!" The sarcastic delivery was just perfect. :D
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Jeremified » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:32 pm

Just finished watching it. I could sort of see hinting towards Xana being a pedophile- he lured Aelita to his home via IM by pretending to be someone else. xD
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby twilightchaos09 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:36 pm

Jeremified wrote:Just finished watching it. I could sort of see hinting towards Xana being a pedophile- he lured Aelita to his home via IM by pretending to be someone else. xD

Oh no. Xana the pedophile. *shakes his head* Xana could have some fun with those simulation bubbles. Xana seems to like them too. though, it makes me wonder what happened to the Guardians. Maybe Xana had to get rid of them in order to have enough power to make the Tarantulas.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby RySenkari » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Just finished watching it. I could sort of see hinting towards Xana being a pedophile- he lured Aelita to his home via IM by pretending to be someone else. xD

Xana: *walks into the house*

Aelita: *from another room* Don't go anywhere, dad, I'll be out in a minute! I made some cookies if you want 'em!

Xana: *sits down*

Chris Hansen: *walks in* Would you like to tell me what you're doing here with an underaged girl?

Xana: 0_0
RySenkari offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby timekitten » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:16 pm

That would be priceless. XD

Jinnai wrote:

He does. Remember...

Odd: "Hey, Pauline? Yeah, tell Elizabeth to tell Marie to tell Louise to tell Mom and Dad that I can't come."
Not quite. You forgot a name. ;)

"Hello Adel? It's Odd. Uh-huh. Oh, sorry Pauline. Hey listen. You think you could ask Elizabeth to tell Marie to say to Louise that she should let Mom and Dad know I missed my flight. Huh? What do you mean tell them myself? Hello?"

Five sisters. Mean sisters. I think we now have the root of Odd's eccentricities, besides having artistic parents or something like that. But listen to the sensitive group. They laugh after Odd mentioned how he can't do much since his sisters are older and bigger than him. Very supportive.

I don't know if anyone else realized it, but this looks like the same vacation time as in Holiday in the Fog. They also had the same airport guys. I really like how they've been referencing to S1 episodes in S4.

Aw, Jeremie worried about Aelita. Typical. BTW, chalk me up as a fan of his dad. What was his name? Micheal? He's a lot good humored and understanding than Jeremie (not that Jeremie's a big jerk). "Ya know, I can understand that. I was in love once too." "You were? With who?" "Who else? Your mother." Come one Jeremie, that should have been obvious even to you. lol

Yay, another appearance of lectureful Mr. Stern. "I see you're still hanging around that gang of good-for-nothings." "I see you forgot your happy pill again." Nice one Ulrich. :D Bad timing for Ulrich to laugh at that girl (pretty cute though lol).

"Mind your own business! Do I ask you about Milly Sullivan yet?" Finally, the playing field is even for Yumi! :*D

Cool, the Skid's name origin tips Aelita off about XANA. Later, I laughed when Aelita tried flying and she was shot down in less than one second.

Jinnai wrote:Best quote of the episode goes to William: "You want to leave? Be my guest!" The sarcastic delivery was just perfect. :D
Agreed. And seeing William pet the wolf was a weird yet cool scene. I want that screenie just to keep. Nice to see William wack Odd out with another energy disk from behind. I was wondering when he'd pull that again. But how'd William devirtualized Ulrich? He struck him with the flat of the blade. It didn't take out Odd in previous episodes. :umm:

"I'll fill you in later." "I hope he gives us the rundown like he promised us cause I have no idea what's going on." lol This seems to reference how whenever someone appears from the elevator, Jeremie always say 'I'll explain later'. Funny though how ten seconds later they're in Lyoko like they know exactly what's going on. :umm:

And finally, there's a small reference to the U/Y moment in Lab Rat. Why'd you skip it, CN?! Why?! :cussout:

Excellent episode. Worth a 10/10.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Jinnai wrote:

He does. Remember...

Best quote of the episode goes to William: "You want to leave? Be my guest!" The sarcastic delivery was just perfect. :D

I thought it was Oddine.

And Odd has a sister name Elizabeth. Name sound familiar?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:43 pm

I forgot to tape it. x_x Well, I'll just have to wait until it airs again. [size=0]or until I find it somewhere. -_-[/size]
Carth offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:47 pm

You might be able to see it monday, on cnvideo.

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:49 pm

oh, good, because my stupid WOW DVR once again messed up and didn't recrd anything for the last 2 days! It turns out that it was outta space, but who would know?!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:20 pm

I could punch Ulrich's dad and mom right now. :cussout: I thought Ulrich's mom CARED about her little boy, not about his godforsaken grades!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:00 pm

Taelia, she didn't say anything about his grades.

Postby MY85 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:07 am

Big deal if Ulrich's dad gets pissed at him. After all, the parents are totally irrelevant to the plot, with the exception of Franz Hopper. Jeremie's old man was pretty nice and he made me lol when he talked about falling in love. I could care less about Ulrich's parents, really. Granted we haven't seen them as much as the Ishiyamas, but they don't seem interesting to me anyways.

Anyways, this episode was pretty good. 8-8.5/10.

It was awesome to learn more about Aelita's past, we learn why (and how) Xana wants to get rid of Hopper, some Season 2 references, Xana-William wasn't treated like a POS, it had some funny non-cheesy lines, a brief reference to the Y/U situation (can't really call them as a couple yet) and overall it was pretty good.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:32 am

AngelBolt wrote:
Taelia wrote:I could punch Ulrich's dad and mom right now. :cussout: I thought Ulrich's mom CARED about her little boy, not about his godforsaken grades!

Indeed. All she did was give him a slight scold for talking back to his dad, which in retrospect was probably more a "Just cool it, you know how your father is," sort of gesture, than a "Mind your father for he knows all," one.

If anything, I'd say she's just trying to keep the peace. Honestly, the last thing she'd probably want would be for Ulrich and her husband to start a shouting match while they're stuck in traffic. Plus, I also see her as being "indirectly protective" of Ulrich in regards to her husband. She knows her husband has a short temper and that Ulrich also has a bit of one too, but that Ulrich will also mind what she says better than his father. So she tells him to cool it (although all it really was a firm sounding, "Ulrich," ), thereby keeping him out of another tiff with his dad, and out of trouble with him too.

*blinks* Wow...that was a bit of a tangent. XD;

*Ahem* Anyway, in regards to the episode itself, definitely an awesome one.

I really thought it was a sweet episode, and funny too. We finally got a confirmation on Odd having 5 sisters. ...And apparently, they like to play practical jokes as well. *snickers* I know I shouldn't laugh at the idea of Odd getting ganged up on by his sisters and locked in the closet, but...considering it's 5 of his older sisters (and I'm sure they all know how he treats the girls that he dates)...I'm chalking that one up to some partially-deserved karma. Sorry Odd. xD

And woot for the return of Jeremie's dad, the guy who is just made of awesome! :*D Seriously, I'm joining the first "Jeremie's Dad Fanclub" I can find. He's awesome, and he clearly knows his son just all too well. I loved the sly little hints he kept poking at him with about Aelita and spending time with her. And I had to woot out loud when he turned the car around before Jeremie could even finish his explanation. Seriously...he's awesome. :D

Haha...and poor Ulrich. Happy holidays, my friend. xD;;;; And yay for the return of LAGPUD. I had to laugh though, at that random girl making faces at him in the traffic. His "happy pill" line was great too. I still really like his mom too (see top of post for rant xD )...she's so pretty. Why are all of the main character's moms so pretty? ^^

Speaking of moms, woot for more knowledge about what happened to Aelita's mom. Just makes me dislike those men in black even more. I wonder if she's still alive...that would be nice. Especially if they had at the end of CL a sort of Pokemon3-esque ending (where her mother is returned). Interesting choice of style in the way they portrayed it...very manga/graphic novel-ish. *nods*

Hmmm, let's see, what else...ooo, epic own for Yumi in regards to Hiroki. Haha...now he can't tease her anymore without getting teased back. Yumi must have felt like the holidays came early then. *snickers* I do like how he totally scared her. The little sneak. xD

The Lyoko scenes were great as were the many "Ghost Channel" references. Woot for more season 1 ref-ing! ^.^ And an audible one at that! :) I liked how the XANA Hopper morphed into a wolf...and William randomly scritching it on the head. *snickers* Considering that that wolf/Hopper was apparently a Blok...I wonder if it enjoyed being petted/hugged at all? (*snerks at the random mental scene of the Blok tapping its claw doggy style at William petting it* :*D )

I also really liked Franz Hopper's latest form...it's like a reverse Guardian of sorts. I rather liked the chime sounds it made too...those were pretty. ^^

Hah, and the gifts they exchanged at the end were great. I loved Jeremie's reaction to Odd's gift. xD Jeremie and his "duckeh"...oh the stories this will spawn. *snerks* Odd's gift to Aelita was silly and cute too (a two-sided fork/spoon? xD; ). And I really liked the gifts that Jeremie and Aelita exchanged too. Aelita talking with that huge scarf over her face was just too adorable. ^_^

Haha...and Ulrich and Yumi decline to open their gifts. I do wonder if they hadn't already exchanged gifts or something earlier...and exactly what those were (since they were both blushing *giggles* ). Something fluffy most likely. X) I kind of thought it was cute that Ulrich's taking a more active interest in Yumi's culture and heritage. Granted he's always had an interest in it (if the samurai get-up is anything to go by), but he's taking a deeper interest in respecting her traditions too...which is cute in its own way. ^^

Aww, but I digress. This episode gets a 9.8 from me...but I'm rounding it up to a 10 because it was adorable...and because Jeremie's dad rocks. ;D

<b>Edit</b>: Omigosh, I forgot William! xD;;; He was creepy, and awesome too. I loved that, "You want to leave? Be my guest." line. Woot for witty comebacks. I hope he does more of those in the future. ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:19 am

Carth wrote:I forgot to tape it. x_x Well, I'll just have to wait until it airs again. [size=0]or until I find it somewhere. -_-[/size]

Or... You need a Tech links account though.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:39 am

Well, I finally saw it on Jeremified's link. I don't think I can say anything that Mew hasn't already covered. X)

The painting style they use for the flashbacks is really pretty, if a bit funny looking. The fact that Antea was kidnapped gives me the feeling that she might not be dead...at least, not at that point. And the usage of the wolf motif...I haven't figured that out either. Still, Franz turning into a wolf near the end kinda intrigues me. I wonder if it might be a slight metaphor.

Odd having five sisters was teh WIN, cause it means that little journal entry thing was true. (That, and I think we can infer pretty well that Ulrich and Odd are only children.) And they're all older than him. Oh my god, I feel for him so badly. (I have a feeling Elizabeth Della Robbia is going to factor into things later on.)

I agree with Mew on both Ulrich and Jer's dads. LAGPUD...no, never again. That was just too wierd. I also noticed some of the old tension between Yumi's parents...remember in S1-2, when they were fighting and such? Wow. All the parents should, like, get together sometime. That'd be a funny fanfic.

The return of Mr. Pück! (I love being able to put the umlaut on it.) We haven't seen him in a while. Is it just me, or did Kiwi chew him a bit? Or was that just where they took the diary key out? Speaking of Kiwi, why didn't Odd take him home?

Silly, silly Aelita. Haven't you learned by now not to run into funny glowy bubbles on Lyoko?

Now, one little thing I've wanted to see was Franz's eyes- namely, to see if he even has any. XP I did see them from a side view here...but they were closed. D:

I really, really need a screencap of William petting the wolf. Oh, by the way, WILLIAM. WILLIAM WILLIAM WILLIAM. He had perfect timing in this episode- and he seems to have finally learned the long-standing villanous tradition of witty banter. :D That, and I think they've toned down his distortion a little, cause he's gotten slightly easier to understand. (But he's still a bit of an earsore.) But one thing confuses me...where'd that extra Blok come from? More importantly...how the hell could a Blok pretend to be Franz Hopper without, say, exploding from the effort? O_o

Ulrich leaving the car in the middle of traffic killed me. It seriously did. As did Mr. Belpois turning around before Jeremie could finish explaining. Is it just me, or did the nature of the rides home fit perfectly with the nature of the families- Ulrich gets stuck in traffic and beeping with his father screaming at him (and a cute little kidling), and Jeremie gets zero traffic and his father's whistling only being mildly annoying. I like Mr. Belpois's car. It's cute. ^_^

"Hello, Adele? Oh, it's you, Pauline. Could you tell Elizabeth to tell Marie to tell Louise to tell Mom and Dad that I missed my flight? What do you mean tell them yourself? Hello? Hello?" Pwn.

Now everything makes sense. Aelita's just being used as bait. When she falls in, Franz comes up and saves her- and then XANA keelhauls Franz. Voila. He really should have just got out of the way once he dropped Aelita off, though- it's only logical.

And the presents pwned. Jeremie probably really needs a ducky. :D And it's sweet how Aelita's staying with the Belpois. Es. Let the <s>lemons</s> fanfics roll.

Overall, one of the best, most plot-filled and interesting episodes of the season. I'd definitely watch it again. 10/10. Seriously.
Carth offline

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:49 pm

I believe, along with the others, that this is hands down...right now...the best episode of "Code: Lyoko" Season 4 right now. you get to see some early 90s nostalgia, but where's the Pavement music? Come on! If I was Franz, I'd listen to some Captain Beefheart, Zappa, MC5, and some Pavement. I'd also read Aelita books about Norse mythology...and "Of Mice and Men"...and let her watch "Pulp Fiction".
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Ghost Guest » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:46 pm

Carth wrote:Now, one little thing I've wanted to see was Franz's eyes- namely, to see if he even has any. XP I did see them from a side view here...but they were closed. D:

They actually did show them open in the shot where he was playing the piano.

And uh... great episode. One of those with a great combination of emotion, action and plot. Though I do wonder... if everyone was going home during the holidays, does that mean the William clone had to spend the time with the original William's family? And what would that be like? One can only imagine...
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:05 am

7.51 am

Ah - greetings friends

(stretches arms)

Well, it's my first day back in university, and after a night's sleep, what better way to start the day than with a new episode of CL! :)

And initial thoughts on Distant Memory - AWESOME! (now if only this Spar delivery truck would move from outside my bedroom window - oh great, he's parked there and turned the engine off)

Okay - the episode so far - FLASHBACK AWESOMENESS, plus the return of Paul Bandey as the one and only (does fanfare) FFFFFFFFRANZ HOPPPPPPPER! (Yay)

Odd's family life must be a joy - but it's almost fun to see the little squirt get his come uppance (evil grin) ;) - but seriously, locked in the bathroom - given those doors usually lock from the inside his sisters must be mechanically minded to be able to dismantle the door handle and lock it shut (I've done the same thing XD )

Kiwi's gas is more powerful than Energy Fields? May the Force be with you? Happy Pill time? It's not even five minutes into the ep and already the writing is fantastic!

Oh good - the truck's moved.

7.56 - You know, not to sound rude, but I gave Allen those DVDs of the episodes to use as back references so that when we see flashbacks of the same scene the dialogue remains consistent ;) - still, the Bandey's voice renders the 'Mr Puck' scene awesome anyway!

And Aelita really should get Mr. Puck stitched up from where Sissi tore him - it's been what, over a year since that incident - and from experience with my Teddy-Bear (yes I still sleep with one :D ), all the stuffing should have fallen out since then :P

8.00 - Some thoughts on fathers:

A: Michael Belpois is Awesome! (and was he humming 'I feel pretty' or 'the wedding march'?)
B: Mr. Stern has a stick so far up his @$$ he should be mounted on a mannequin display!
C: Franz actually has eyes behind those glasses!? (passes out in shock)

And some nice back-references to previous eps in the form of that da*m piano rendition of 'Twinkle, twinkle little star' and Aelita reading a book on Norse mythology - keep this coming Moonscoop, it's good :)

8:04 - Just another happy day in Casa Ishiyama (rolls eyes)

"See you in a minute my dear?" - great, last time it was "see you in a minute honey" - ah well, at least it's not only the dub that's inconsistent - now in her flashback to June 7th Aelita's wearing her 'new' outfit and Franz has his labcoat on, when in previous versions he was wearing just that funky day-glo orange sweater (gotta get me one of those!) - ah well, we'll just put it down to the frequent mind-warpingness of Aelita's flashbacks :D

Aelita really should not trust anonymous messages from father figures long-lost in virtuality ya' know - and whoever connected XANA's new tactic to peadophillia wins extra Blue Stuff in BKO (please PM me to collect your prize XD ) - so now we must add 'sexual predetor' to XANA's list of 'naughty crimes', right up there with 'tentacle obsession!' :*D

8.15 Back from Toilet Break and feeling much better - a word of advice, if any of you go to university, do NOT celebrate the beginning of term by consuming $20 worth of Chicken Tikka Massala by yourself (groans, hold's stomach)

8.17 - Yay! The chalet! - I've had that background image as my desktop for years now, and it's weird to finally see it on screen again :umm:

Ya know, touching as it is to see Xana-Franz hug Aelita again (and this time with a very convincing performance) WHY is the sultry, romantic music playing!?!%!Q&^!&^!GHAGH! XANA!

Awwwww, how cute - Yumi finally gets VENGANCE on all of Hiroki's 'Ullllllllrich' taunts - now she can respond with MILLY-POWAH!

Michael Belpois now has DOUBLE awesomeness ('Your laptop wouldn't have pink hair by any chance would it? XD ), and he makes a U-Turn before Jeremie even finishes his request so he's a very understanding and perceptive father it seems (based on his friends family lives Jeremie should learn to appreciate that more) - and based on this conversation, is there something wrong with Michael and his wfe's relationship if Jeremie doesn't connect her to the whole 'I was in love too once' shtick - still, well done for recognising your son's affections Mike - ROCK ON YELLOW-HATCHBACK-DAD!

8.24 - Okay, at nine minutes and forty-five seconds, is that XANA's delivery-boy from Saint Valentine's Day in the truck next to the Stern's car? And well done Ulrich for walking out on that situation so...calmly - very cool.

The return of Odd's Airport Antics XD - those security guards really should know by know that when ths purple menace approaches, brace yourelf for extreme weirdness, and in this case they (and we) get a glimpse into the joyous world of the Della Robbia family XD

XANA's never going to make Broadway if he doesn't do his homework ya know' - I mean, you'd think he have least learned the name of his enemies' vessel by now...

Hmm...

WILLIAM (in his ship): MONSTERS! Attack the pointy-big-ship-thingy-that-splits-into-little-pointy-ship-thingies! Bwah I'm evil!

8.32 - ya' know Aelita, Franz might not have recreated your mother because generating a virtual replica of her might be considered an insult to her memory - oh wait, no, it's just XANA making some crucial mistake again! XD

(note to self) XANA's aware of Aelita's mother vanishing, but not of what happened to her, and since I believe that copy of Franz is based on Franz's own data from when he was imprisoned on Lyoko, does that mean Franz himself doesn't know what happened to her?

William Evil Bwah!

Hmm, Jeremie knows Franz better than his own daughter? :umm: - and extra points for the Ghost Channel reference XD

8.36 - Welcome to the XANA NIGHTCLUB (note, the bouncers can be a bit rough) XD

Okay - A: Franz morphing to wolf is nightmare-inducing and B: Xana's really getting good at pscychological warfare - imagine the image of your father transforming into the manefestation of all your fears and nightmares!

And kudos for learning Evil Villain Cliche # 271 - 'ALWAYS STROKE AN ANIMAL IN A THREATENING MANNER' - William's clearly watched his share of James Bond...

Okayyyyyyyyy...Franz is a Blok, and William's unusually chatty - and now it seems Tarantulas explode like Creepers, complete with little internal organs.

And yes Yumi, one of your oldest and lamest enemies just devirtualised you and you didn't even see it coming - SHAME ON YOU! SHAME! ;)

8.43 - "You wanna leave? Be my guest!" - FREAKING SWEET! OH YEAH! - and nice to see Aelita get shot down before she goes anywhere - either that Blok's got it's A-Game on or running a simulcrum of Franz boosted it's IQ.

And now, Ulrich is MAD! - (starts talking in creepy Emperor voice) yes, yes, your hate has made you powerful (cackles) - but William's response is Bad@$$ - he just walks away!

We all knew Franz was delusional but now we have proof - all along he was living in his own little bubble! XD ooooh - pretty colours.

8.49 - Jeremie's got his Commandant routine going - Take out that Blok, and make it snappy my minions!

"Yahwol mein Einstein!"

And anther note Jeremie - you really need to learn to stop saying 'it's all over'...then again, since whenever you say it the team then gets saved by a plot device, maybe you should say it ALL THE TIME!

Hmm...

JEREMIE: XANA's won, it's all over (XANA gets his butt whupped by the Lyoko Warriors/Franz Hopper/Good William/William Clone/Plot Device/Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys)

JEREMIE: I've failed this maths exam, it's all over (the exam results are rendered invalid because of teacher negligence and the exam has to be resat)

JEREMIE: Odd stole my seconds at dinner, it's all over (Odd gets detention with Jim and Jeremie gets all of Odd's food)

You catch my drift ;)

8.55 - Oh, William's mad now - it's unusual but cool to see him vent his frustration by knocking the other characters out of Lyoko - kinda a phyrric victory though.

9.57 - Awesome ending! Odd gets to be weird, Ulrich impresses Yumi with his knowledge of Japan and Jeremie's turning into a real Ladies Man! XD

In conclusion - a 10/10 episode :) - and if you've read this far, congratulations and thanks! Have a cookie! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:22 am

I liked this episode too, but I could seriously KO Ulrich's father right now.

Ah yeah. ^_^;
Last edited by Taelia on Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next