Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:47 am

S4 Episode 16: "A Lack of Goodwill"

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

So how's our vote cast for this one?

10 - Perfect! A super scoop!
48%
9 - Uh...super...nuclear? *brick'd*
42%
8 - ...Okay, I guess.
No votes
7 - It was pretty, but I dunno what happened...
6%
6 - It's as refined as Milly and Tamiya's gossip column.
3%
5 - commen ci, commen ça
No votes
4 - Not really worth the three-week wait.
No votes
3 - Did Clone!Willie write this episode?
No votes
2 - XANA hacked it. We are all his slaves now. 0_0
No votes
1 - Clone!Willie wrote this episode.
No votes
0 - GIMME A TANGERINE.
No votes

Total votes : 33

S4 Episode 16: "A Lack of Goodwill"

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:24 am

Wee, I get to do the thread again!

We're pretty sure this is the French episode "Oeil pour oeil", or "Eye for eye". Cause I'm a spoilermonkey, i'm pretty excited for this epiosde. Clone!Willie vs. XANA!Willie. :D

Discuss. Plz. I am having way too much fun with the polls. Remember, no voting until the ep airs, at 11:00 EST. [size=0]I must go to CL.fr and wait for information on "La Belle de Kadic"[/size]
Last edited by Carth on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carth offline

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:39 am

I cant wait..this should be an awesome episode.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:25 am

XD to the poll options.

I can't wait for this episode either ^^ Especially for the fight at one point.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:50 am

I might have to miss this... And I still need to watch Bragging Rights. >_>
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:35 am

Very good episode. The ending was a stunner. Jeremie could made a Xana Jr.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 am

Alright, that's it. I give up. I won't deny it anymore.

Consider me a William fan.

.....Well, a William clone fan, anyway. He was too adorable in this episode, and I really felt sorry for him when he got vaporized. Poor guy. Plus, he had tons of adorable shots too, including that one right at the end. I wonder if Lyoko Code has it... *goes off to see*

Aside from William Clone, this was an awesome episode all around. Season 1 references, more translation (I love how Energy Field looks translated), great fights as usual... And on that note, yet again the fighting on Earth outdoes anything in Lyoko or a Replika. William v. William was definitely worth waiting for xD

Also, this is the most verbose XANAliam has ever been! I loved his "The good guy~" response to Tamiya. Now watch though, he'll go back to being "..." the next time we see him. (I love the fact how he's "magically" got the same new outfit William Clone's got ;P )

Overall, a pretty good episode, any way you look at it ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jinnai » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:37 am

William was at his absolute EVIL best here! The fact that he could actually talk in complete sentences when in the real world just added to his villainy.

Oh, and William #2 was as endearingly dense as ever. :D

Awesome episode.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:37 am

I thought it was pretty funny, this epiosde, that is. And it also drags in William, reminding the fans that yet again there's more strangeness!

And, umm... yay New Mexico?
I can only imagine if there was someone there, A bunch of kids running around with swords an fireballs in leotards and body suits screaming in french.

But there were some small slipups in the Zoom-ins where Yumi and Odd were talking about going back home, and having to wait for Ulrich and Aelita to come back. You can see the pixels that make up Yumi's hair, most likely after smoothing the skin (It looks like a jpeg... weird.) and Odd's hair was blocked out more than usual.

Heh, silly quote:

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby twilightchaos09 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:39 am

Well, this episode was good. But now I'm wondering if the William clone really is stupid. Because the end scene made me think about just how dumb he really is... Plus, William clone is an awesome fighter. Though, I must say, Jeremie needs to sleep some more. The lack of sleep is affecting his judgement... I mean, come on. Using a program that developed Xana's personality on the clone!? Big no no. Though, I wonder what would've happened if the Aelita failed to restart the cooling system.
Last edited by twilightchaos09 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:43 am

This episode had a lot of subtext, it was really pretty interesting. Aelita, William Clone, and XANA, are/were digital entities. Jeremie is sure it's not the same, but Aelita, well you saw the exchange. It brings up the question 'what constitute an actual life vesus a program.' In the words near the end "Or worse, a human."

Still, very interesting that Hopper used personality modules to arrive at XANA. That blows out of the water our ideas of him being destructive due purely to programing, he's got some will behind what he's doing.

Love the "I'm the good one" too. So very interesting to see that XANA considers himself in the right, not a purely destructive beast but a personality working toward something.

Beyond that, the action was pretty usual, but fun as always, a good mix of Lyoko fighting, ship combat, and translation scenes. The banter they kept up the whole time though, it was golden. A lot of times they spend way too much time in silence, barring the occasional status update. Bantering with eachother was a very organic natural way of showing their interaction.

Anyway, interesting episode all around. Lot touched on here under the surface, and I'll greatly appreciate if they go somewhere with it.

Even being critical, I'm giving this one high marks, 9/10
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:44 am

This episode, despite GI Jim and the return trip, was just perfect. =D Awwww nuts! Millie and Tamiya should have been made Lyoko Warriors. ;__;

Jim's weight have been revealed to us at last! :*D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:02 pm

I found the New Mexico part of it to be a bit strange and awkward...otherwise it was a good episode. I love the background, and the discussion about the the origins, and Aelita did bring up a very good question and sub point about where programs and lives cross, at least to me.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:59 pm

I have two words.

William. Dunbar.

He was at his absolute CUTEST in this episode. From his random bursts of stupidity ("I'm all out of paper." "Jeremie, can you give them some proof? I don't have any.") to his responses to Milly and Tamiya ("Uh, no there's only one William. Me. The other William's off being a prisoner of XANA.") to his amazing bravery, sacrificing himself for the team. I wanna give him a hug. Though, half the time, I was expecting him to suddenly speak one of the many famous GIR quotes. ("...I like you.") (I'm not sure if I have the quotes right...I'll have to rewatch.)

And then there was Xanliam. He really does seem to be more talkative in our world than in Lyoko, though he sounds like he could use a few throat drops- I could hardly understand what he was saying half the time. His line that was something like "You're just a bunch of worthless pixels!" was priceless. Cause that's what XANA is. Pixels. :P

Area 51. Huh. I wonder if we'll get to see any aliens...

Fork-flipping for teh win! I almost did that yesterday with my mashed potatoes...it was fun. Ahem...and Jim''s little spiel in the library cracked me up for no reason. He was teaching William everything wrong. :P

Milly and Tamiya really held their own- and Tamiya talked a lot, compared to, say, Season 1, where Milly kinda drowned her out. And the little fake scoop at the end was really cute. Two years...sounds about right. Poor kidlings.

Jeremie + metal pole = awesomeness. I always imagined him using some sort of blunt weapon. Or gun, which can double as the former. As a level 50 BW warrior in MapleStory, I say WEWT.

And once again, his tenacity outshines his better judgement. Huh...developing XANA's personality...that makes me wonder if XANA's sentientcy was really created by accident.

Great episode in a long line of filler. Next comes Distant Memory, which also looks awesome...and then 3-4 eps of straight filler. Yay.

10/10. Awesome.
Carth offline

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:41 pm

The discrepency here is that Area 51 is in Nevada, not New Mexico. I love Xanliam's speaking abilities also..its better than just For Xana! Jim just made me laugh with his confusion in the library. I also enjoyed Sissi's annoyance when she got creamed at lunch.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:02 pm

I'm watching it now.

...be vewy, vewy quiet...

Ooh! Odd versus Aelita! This oughta be good...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:52 pm

Highway Runner wrote:The discrepency here is that Area 51 is in Nevada, not New Mexico.
Well, I figure all's fair there. I don't know where is where in France...

What is XANA building? Something really major, or just a boss? (And why would the military leave a multi-million-dollar computer abandoned?)

I'm now liking clone William better than real William! And maybe XANA William better, too... Again, interesting points raised... I hope to see more clone hijinks in the future.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:37 pm

Gah! I was watching a recording of this, all quiet, and the Stupid WOW DVR cuts off the last 5 minutes because of the Fried Dynamite Opening bit. CURSE YOU FRIED DYNAMITE!!! NO AMOUNT OF NINJA HAMSTERS CAN SAVE YOU NOW!!! :grr:

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby UltimaHedgie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:05 pm

Seriously, it was awesome. 9.

It was quite funny seeing Milly and Tamiya's reactions to the "two William's" thing, and seeing the two William's battle it out with each other. I also like the Area 51 scene. Too bad we didn't get more of it. Aelita looks awesome in her translated form, though. I especially like her earth-version of Energy Field. ^_^
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:59 pm

*dies laughing* ...I know I've said this before, and I'll say it again...So many screenshots...so little time. xD

...And please sign me up for the "I <3 William Clone" fanclub too. :*D

Seriously...he's hilarious. Everything that came out of his mouth was absolute comedic gold. Honestly, I think he more or less had the best dialogue in this entire episode (other than Ulrich and Odd's little "I won/Only because I took the fall for you" bickering...and Yumi's retorts *snerks*).

Action was fairly nicely paced and the animation was nice on both sides too (I'm not sure about the "pixelation" mentioned in the scene with Odd and Yumi...I'd have to watch it again to check.)

Woot! Second Replica-ness! xD And it's in a desert...with just a Desert Region. ;) ...Makes me wonder where the Polar region replica's Super Computer will be...and who has the wonderful luck of going there. ^^;

Jeremie gets massive kudos for picking a fight with XANA-William...and with only a crowbar at that. Nicely done. *giggles*

And we get our first viewing of the shark monsters! :D ...And man, do they ever have a set of chompers. *snickers*

Haha...XANA-William was funny too. I love the "Good guy" line. What I loved above everything else in this episode though, was the following scene:

William Clone (exiting elevator to see XANA-William holding Jeremie by his shirt collar): "Hi William! Do you have any proof?"
XANA-William: *shoots Jeremie a sidelong glare that seems to say either, "Yooouuuu...you did this..." or "I'm gone two months, and you replace me with that?"...or both.* :*D

...I need a screenshot of that glare too. That was hilarious. XD

Anyway, a solid 9/10 for this one, from me. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:11 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Woot! Second Replica-ness! xD And it's in a desert...with just a Desert Region. ;) ...Makes me wonder where the Polar region replica's Super Computer will be...and who has the wonderful luck of going there. ^^;
Antarctica, I guess. They do have research stations there...
Otherwise, perhaps a Soviet-era facility in Siberia?

(And then there's that Lava sector in the Wii screenshots... I vote for Hawaii. In Volcano National Park, if they did the research. Though it'd be hard to find an abandoned facility there... :arg: )
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby timekitten » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Crash Course wrote:Alright, that's it. I give up. I won't deny it anymore.

Consider me a William fan.
I told you, resistance is futile. :nyeh!:

Mewberries151 wrote:Haha...XANA-William was funny too. I love the "Good guy" line. What I loved above everything else in this episode though, was the following scene:

William Clone (exiting elevator to see XANA-William holding Jeremie by his shirt collar): "Hi William! Do you have any proof?"
XANA-William: *shoots Jeremie a sidelong glare that seems to say either, "Yooouuuu...you did this..." or "I'm gone two months, and you replace me with that?"...or both.* :*D

...I need a screenshot of that glare too. That was hilarious. XD
It looked like an 'What an idiot!' face to me, but I like that second one. I want the screenshot too! Edit: Just got one

Now, my observations on the episode.

Did anyone else think of the song when Aelita said 'anything you can do, I can do better'? It just stuck in my head.

Jeremie and Co. need to watch how freely they talk about Lyoko related stuff at school, like they did in Teddygodzilla. Take some tips from the Animorphs on paranoia. All it took was an eavesdropper like Milly and Tamiya to know there's a secret concerning them and William. Imagine if M&T paired with Sissi. 0_o

'A ball of bread is more discreet. Take it from someone who knows.' Jim, you troublemaker! How did you become the gym teacher/handyman/detention officer of Kadic? lol Nice line slip up about catapulting with the glass. xD

And there Mr. Braggart goes again with an argument against Mr. Mostly-Humble over who's best. 'Hey, cut the hot air and let me concentrate, okay guys.' I think the girls wants some ear plugs. So do I. Nice to see the interaction though, instead of the normal silence.

'Are you an idiot or something?' 'That's a little hard to explain.' lol Wait, does CloneWillie know he's stupid? 0_o That's kinda...bizarre. It sounds like something to the extent of self-awareness. 'There's only one William, and that's me. The other one is a prisoner of XANA.' Yet the way he says that, as contradicting as it is...well, he certainly doesn't have self-awareness like XANA does, but how much further could he go before he reaches it?...

Ah New Mexico. 'I located a plan of it on the Internet' It's nice to know the blue-prints of a military base is on the Internet. Okay, it's probably in a tight military site that requires some hacking. But still, Jeremie got it that quick? lol Nice comment about Area 51, Aelita. Ulrich, you're so gullible. :nyeh!:

BTW, I like the pairings here (no, not shipping!). Normally, it's Odd with Aelita and Ulrich with Yumi, and that's pretty old. Loved how Yumi sliced off the Hornet's wings. Sitting ducks anyone? And how Yumi 'abused' the overboard to Odd's shock was priceless.

William vs Doppleganger! Woohoo! Haven't had a superpower fight like this since Odd faced Dorothy. I thought it was cool how the clone jumped onto the supercomputer and above. But shouldn't they have shown the pipe-door thingy in the scanner room opened by the time Yumi appeared in the scanner (and later, when she got out). Whoopsie!

Enter the Rekins! Or whatever those sharks are called. I have a new favorite monster. 'I got one stuck to me. That's worse than forgetting a candy bar in your jeans during a heatwave!' 'Just another groupie crazy about Odd the Magnificient. Hahaa!' xD

'Boo!' lol Anyway, nice to see the fake interview. We're finally given a time frame from the start of the series. About 2 years. I'm guessing it's a few months over 2, but nevertheless...

And finally, Jeremie brings forth where he got the software update for the clone, and admits they might be the same ones that made XANA. Just another reason to save the real William fast. BTW, does anyone else think the clone William might be remembering all these events despite the return trips and being remade a few times? Freaky...

Overall...10/10! The action was great, they hit the touchy subject of if something is human, and there's a good level of humor. Keep it up! Can't wait for the next episode. *fidgets*
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:03 pm

timekitten wrote:And finally, Jeremie brings forth where he got the software update for the clone, and admits they might be the same ones that made XANA. Just another reason to save the real William fast. BTW, does anyone else think the clone William might be remembering all these events despite the return trips and being remade a few times? Freaky...

Well...we know XANA recalls everything regardless of a return trip...and if he was made from the same programs that created XANA... O.o

Although, that begs the question, was XANA anything like Clone William before he went bad?

*blinks, then starts cracking up at a number of possible scenes between XANA and Franz Hopper along that line*

:*D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MewmiC » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:31 pm

timekitten wrote:Just got one

HAHA! Best look ever. "I am so going to kill you' :D .

Anyway this was definately a good episode, the William verses William scene was really well done, as was the fighting on Lyoko. Yumi really rocked, she clipped the Hornet's wings and chucked Odd's overboard into a Tarantula. Odd's reaction after getting it back was so perfect for him. I am seriously wondering what XANA's doing with those supercomputers and Replika's, first creepy cyberspiders now making those chips? Hmm...

The William Clone has the best lines, and Tamiya called him a vegetable :D . Seriously though how long has William been possessed by XANA? They said a few months...

The only problem I had with it was that the real William shouldn't have his new outfit since he was last virtualized in his old one, but that's animation for you. In some parts the voicing seemed a little weird too though that could just be me, I'll have to rewatch it.

9/10
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby timekitten » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:06 pm

MewmiC wrote:The only problem I had with it was that the real William shouldn't have his new outfit since he was last virtualized in his old one, but that's animation for you.
Yeah People change clothes everyday, but cartoons don't do it because it takes time and money to design, create, and animate outfits. Which is why the characters here don't make a big deal about the S4 outfits. We're lucky they have normal clothes, gym clothes, and PJ's (hehee :D ) instead of the usual universal multi purpose outfit.

What would be freaky, is if William was really wearing that clothing when he entered on Final Round, so to speak. But of course, as animation goes, it's the usual red, black, and blue we see.

On the other hand, even if XANA didn't expect the clone to arrive and interfere, he could have made it so William materialized with the exact same clothing.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:07 pm

Yeah, Yumi's Voice DID get pretty fast when she was explaining something (can't remember it offhand).

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Next