Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:15 pm

S4 Episode 15: Dog Day Afternoon

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Thoughts?

10- Stupendous! Best in show!
27%
9- Not tops, but still pretty good
17%
8- I liked it a lot, but it could've been better
27%
7- It could've been better, it could've been worse
20%
6- It had a lot of room for improvement
3%
5- A mutt of an episode
No votes
4- I didn't like it much at all.
3%
3- A waste of my time.
No votes
2- This show's gone to seed.
No votes
1- A blot on the season.
No votes
0- Can we just put this episode to sleep already?
3%

Total votes : 30

S4 Episode 15: Dog Day Afternoon

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:24 am

And thus is the next new episode of Code Lyoko, which, we're all reasonably certain anyway, is "Kiwodd". I know I for one hope it is xD I've been waiting for this one for a while.

Anyway thread now open for discussion but of course, please don't vote on the poll until you've seen the episode xD ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:43 am

Awww...and to think i got up early to do the thread. But it's okay. I shouldn't be selfish.

I'm excited for this episode for three reasons.

1. Odd acting like Kiwi, which would just be PWN from all angles.

2. Sissi actually getting some screentime. (And she does.)

3. William's new outfit. 'Nuff said.

5. #84's screencaps at CL.fr.

I'm ready. *sits patiently and waits for 11:00*
Carth offline

Postby RySenkari » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:10 am

Hooray! Sissi, and lots of her! Too bad there isn't any Odd/Sissi shippiness, but just getting to see Sissi for once is awesome.
RySenkari offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby UltimaHedgie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:36 am

This was actually an interesting episode. Mostly filler, but as usual, we do get a couple things added to the plot. Now we have Sissy's suspicions of William. This could well play out later on.

Also, something else I only JUST noticed. I kept on hearing people talk about this "Waldo Schaffer," but I never saw an references to him in the actual series. Now I've seen it, though. On that file viewed at the end of Season 4 episodes, his name is on the cover. I never noticed this, before.

Anyway, I'd give it an 8. Not perfect, but nice.
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:49 am

UltimaHedgie wrote:This was actually an interesting episode. Mostly filler, but as usual, we do get a couple things added to the plot. Now we have Sissy's suspicions of William. This could well play out later on.

Also, something else I only JUST noticed. I kept on hearing people talk about this "Waldo Schaffer," but I never saw an references to him in the actual series. Now I've seen it, though. On that file viewed at the end of Season 4 episodes, his name is on the cover. I never noticed this, before.

Anyway, I'd give it an 8. Not perfect, but nice.

1- You know what, you're right...

2- Yeah. We've known that since Season 2. :)

I found this episode pretty LOL-worthy. My favorite part was when Odd was undoing his pants and Aelita and Jeremie were shielding themselves. :P

XANA spoke...four words in this episode! Wow.

It really was nice to see Sissi get some screentime. Especially being the sneaky, suspicious little lady that we know and love/hate. And...was I the only one to notice this...when they were talking about Yumi feeding Sissi the story about her and William, Ulrich made a choking noise. *snickr*

William did not disappoint. At all. Wish I knew what his shirt said, though. After watching the Hebrew Lab Rat sub, it looks a bit like Hebrew to me...but I don't know much about those languages.

The fact that Odd carries toothpaste with him made me laugh for some reason. Maybe he eats it in class. Toothpaste is tasty, though the flouride might keel you. ^_^

And once again, we retcon the S1 belief that there is only sight and hearing on Lyoko. Odd clearly smells something. *pfft*

I'm really looking forward to next week, though. Willie-clone antics from start to finish, Xanliam in the real world...oh, and flying tangerines. Those are good too.

I gave it a 9/10.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:59 am

Yeah, Sissi's appearances were super. And yay! XANA spoke up!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:01 pm

I was really laughing veryhard when Odd was trying to balance on the overboard, and then Aelita came out of the tower... And O'dd 's just in a little curled up ball...

I'm also glad they're showing what they can do with the charachter's movements in Lyoko. And Odd spinning on the blacoks... XD. I want an avvie of that.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby twilightchaos09 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:15 pm

I, personally(shut up MY85), give this episode a 10/10 because it so hilarious. Definately one of my favorites. I also love the fact that Xana did a funny. He used a biker gang. He was beaten too easily though, IMO. Awesome episode, definately one of the better ones for season 4.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Darn, I completely forgot to watch it. :arg: Is it up anywhere yet?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Again, I'm impressed with the visuals this season. Even minor things, like William riding the Taranchula, do take thought. Amusing reference to... Mr. Puck, wasn't it?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Carth wrote:And once again, we retcon the S1 belief that there is only sight and hearing on Lyoko. Odd clearly smells something. *pfft*

Bear in mind this is Lyoko Version 2; we don't know what was added in the rebuild...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 pm

LDChaosBdon wrote:(shut up MY85)

That was totally uncalled for- he doesn't think all episodes are awful, and he's entitled to say what he thinks about them. That's like Rodri saying 'shut up' to YOU for giving this episode such a good review. Hell, he hasn't even posted yet. Think before you say stuff like that.

I hope this is on Youtube soon, it sounds hilarious... >~>
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby timekitten » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:03 pm

That's an interesting point. About Lyoko being rebuilded.

'They say love is like getting drunk'? Oh my, did they really have that line in a kids show? Anyway, that was a bad cover up Yumi. Even I would have barfed at that. lol

Haha, Ulrich choked at the 'keep up with the love story' idea. Nice to hear a little more about Jeremie's trip to Lyoko. And it's further proof why Jeremie doesn't belong in Lyoko. For fighting anyway.

Sissi knows something is wrong when William says he likes Ulrich a lot *snickers* and there's no way she's going to forget this. I smell trouble in later episodes. Anyway, we finally see William's room, though a lot more will be shown next episode. It looks like the real William enjoys dipping into several of the creative arts from time to time. Oh, can't forget about Willie's new outfit. Is that an army jacket? I like it a lot. :D

Odd, why do you stuff Kiwi in your shirt? Poor dog. Besides being youknowwhat. Watching Odd fall was good for a laugh. I didn't know anyone can bend like that. Outside Lyoko, Odd's dog antics are too funny, 'specially when Odd looks for a tail. Poor Aelita. And Odd later threatening to bite Ulrich's leg. :*D

Wow, Ulrich translates Jeremie's speech. That's a first! So is Jeremie detecting a bug before it happens.

So William can redirect energy with his sword. Just another perk on the dark side. Oh, and I loved how William took out Ulrich.

It was a filler, but it was a great filler. The lyoko action and movement were beautiful and the plot was hilarious. Too many dog puns for my liking, but it's still deserves a 10/10.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:23 pm

timekitten wrote:'They say love is like getting drunk'? Oh my, did they really have that line in a kids show? Anyway, that was a bad cover up Yumi. Even I would have barfed at that. lol

Oh my god. I completely missed that. I'll have to see that when I rewatch it...ah, now how did they get that through the censors?

Haha, Ulrich choked at the 'keep up with the love story' idea. Nice to hear a little more about Jeremie's trip to Lyoko. And it's further proof why Jeremie doesn't belong in Lyoko. For fighting anyway.

QFT. Though I can just imagine that scene...

Jeremie: Ah, this ain't too hard-
Kankrelat: *squeek*
Jeremie: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH! *runs behind Odd*

Sissi knows something is wrong when William says he likes Ulrich a lot *snickers* and there's no way she's going to forget this. I smell trouble in later episodes. Anyway, we finally see William's room, though a lot more will be shown next episode. It looks like the real William enjoys dipping into several of the creative arts from time to time. Oh, can't forget about Willie's new outfit. Is that an army jacket? I like it a lot. :D

Yeaaah...I thought I saw an easel in the next episode's caps. I missed that line about liking him too. :P

So William can redirect energy with his sword. Just another perk on the dark side. Oh, and I loved how William took out Ulrich.

That was just beyond all awesomenesstasity thank you very much.
Carth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Yay Possesed Jedi Bikers!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TB3 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:34 pm

Haven't seen this ep in English yet but it's always fun to watch the feedback uh...feed back in XD

JesusFreak wrote:Yay Possesed Jedi Bikers!

(rolls on floor laughing, then imagines Jedi-biker Academy: 'Feel the Bad*ssery you must, let it flow, guide your hand on the throttle of thine awesome bike it shall' - and heck, bring back Samuel L Jackson as a Jedi Biker Master and we're set for the coolest crossover franchise ever (eyes glitter with greed')).

Wait, did this episode seriously have a reference to Alchohol in it! O_O

And double-awesomeness points for referencing Jeremie's one single happy-clappy trip to Lyoko (waves fist at sky) D*MN YOU MOONSCOOP FOR TAUNTING US! D*MN YOU ALL TO THE RECYCLE BIN! ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:52 pm

TB3 wrote:D*MN YOU MOONSCOOP FOR TAUNTING US! D*MN YOU ALL TO THE RECYCLE BIN! ;)

I am shocked at your language. Saying Recycle Bin in public? ;)

Season 4 just gets better and better... and some thought Season 3 jumped the shark...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Heh. Good thing there was a Season 4, all I'm saying.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:04 pm

TB3 wrote:Haven't seen this ep in English yet but it's always fun to watch the feedback uh...feed back in XD

JesusFreak wrote:Yay Possesed Jedi Bikers!

(rolls on floor laughing, then imagines Jedi-biker Academy: 'Feel the Bad*ssery you must, let it flow, guide your hand on the throttle of thine awesome bike it shall' - and heck, bring back Samuel L Jackson as a Jedi Biker Master and we're set for the coolest crossover franchise ever (eyes glitter with greed')).

Wait, did this episode seriously have a reference to Alchohol in it! O_O

And double-awesomeness points for referencing Jeremie's one single happy-clappy trip to Lyoko (waves fist at sky) D*MN YOU MOONSCOOP FOR TAUNTING US! D*MN YOU ALL TO THE RECYCLE BIN! ;)

That's what I wanna know! I'll have to watch it again in the morning...and then laugh. A lot.

It gets me curious...what is the legal drinking age in France?
Carth offline

Postby Darth Grale » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:11 am

I dunno.

I think Sisi's starting to wise up about Ulrich.
.....................lll
.................llllllllllllll
.....................lll
.....................lll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
badgerbadgerbadgerbadger MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!
Still a MegaJesusMan
Darth Grale offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby MewmiC » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:36 pm

Lesson learned, never go into the same scanner as your pet dog, you'll fuse with him. Though I gotta give Odd a little credit as his idea for Kiwi was pretty good. Too bad for Yumi (and Ulrich) they had to keep that love story going, but William's new outfit is so *_* . And the clones just as clueless as ever.

Yeah funny episode, watching Odd have trouble on the Overboard was hilarious as was him liking Kiwi's dog bowl.

It gets me curious...what is the legal drinking age in France?

I think its around sixteen though I'm not 100% sure.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:57 pm

At least they Broke up .

"Ulrich? He's a nice guy, I like him a lot"
" you think Ulrich's anice guy? Somwthing MUST of been done to you!"

:evil4:

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:41 pm

Carth wrote:
timekitten wrote:'They say love is like getting drunk'? Oh my, did they really have that line in a kids show? Anyway, that was a bad cover up Yumi. Even I would have barfed at that. lol

Oh my god. I completely missed that. I'll have to see that when I rewatch it...ah, now how did they get that through the censors?

Hah...probably the same way they got the "sex appeal" line in way back during "Mister Puck". *snickers*

Carth wrote:It gets me curious...what is the legal drinking age in France?

I believe it's 14 or 16...or 18 at the latest. They're much more relaxed in Europe about drinking ages in general I believe (and they still have less accidents, I believe too ^^ ).

Anyway though, this episode gets a 10, hands down. Another hilarious storyline with some good drama and action thrown in. Not to mention some amazing animation. ^.^

Odd undeniably stole the show here. Everything he did while fused with Kiwi was absolutely hilarious. I can tell the animators had an undeniable ball with this episode. *snickers* I loved his stretch when he first got virtualized, as well as his occasional scratches, and his "nap". xD I also loved his "Inuyasha" homage (running on fours through the sewer), as well as when he attacked the bikers. ...And when he attacked William. That was awesome! :D

And I just adored the way Mr. Geczy did those little "woofs". *giggles* He must have had so much fun doing this. :*D

...I need to get a whole bunch of screenshots of Odd from this episode...particularly his pose after taking that spill off the Overboard. XD;

I have to say though that, so far as subplot goes, Ulrich was a real scene stealer himself. I loved the "choke" sound he made when Aelita suggested Yumi would have to continue playing "love story" with William. His quiet little "Go Yumi" just before she was about to race was really cute. And his concern for Yumi at the end was really sweet. ^_^ I like that they're bringing the fluff back between those two.

...I also liked how he totally going to go "penchak silat" some serious butt on those bikers...before Odd decided to scare them out of their minds.

That looked like it hurt though...when XANA-William devirtualized him. Owies. >.<;;

Yumi had some nice scenes on her own too. Pretty much everything she did with the William Clone was hilarious, and I loved how she out-smarted those XANA-bikers again and again. Particularly lifting up that rope...ouch! xD I totally wanted to give her a comfort hug after she got zapped that first time by the biker...poor Yumi. ^^;

I loved how she dodged those multiple shocks later though and dived behind a pillar. That was awesome! (Not to mention, very nicely animated. ^^ ).

Haha...and William clone. Oh goodness...I loved how they're now openly calling him "stupid". xD And you just know he was still sitting on that bench until long after nightfall...probably wondering how the heck he'd gotten there. Poor sap. *snerks* ...I like his new outfit though. And is it just me, or does that writing on his shirt look similar to the symbols Jeremie has on his computer (and the super computer)?

Aelita totally out-maneuvered William (although this episode does indefinitely prove that his "Super Smoke" can outrun her flight speed) on Lyoko.

Haha...and a "Mister Puck" reference on Jeremie. Buuurrrnnn. :*D

10/10 *woots*
Last edited by Mewberries151 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Oh yeah...I remember that! XP

I went and checked the age. It's 16. Che...hehe...
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:47 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
Carth wrote:

Hah...probably the same way they got the "sex appeal" line in way back during "Mister Puck". *snickers*

Carth wrote:It gets me curious...what is the legal drinking age in France?

I believe it's 14 or 16...or 18 at the latest. They're much more relaxed in Europe about drinking ages in general I believe (and they still have less accidents, I believe too ^^ ).

OK, minimum drinking and purchase-of-alcohol age in France is 16 - a minor however, cannot use a bar without adult supervision until age 18 - so, if William is 16 or over, that story can fly easy.

Mewberries151 wrote:Anyway though, this episode gets a 10, hands down. Another hilarious storyline with some good drama and action thrown in. Not to mention some amazing animation. ^.^

Odd undeniably stole the show here. Everything he did while fused with Kiwi was absolutely hilarious. I can tell the animators had an undeniable ball with this episode. *snickers* I loved his stretch when he first got virtualized, as well as his occasional scratches, and his "nap". xD I also loved his "Inuyasha" homage (running on fours through the sewer), as well as when he attacked the bikers. ...And when he attacked William. That was awesome! :D

Agreed on all counts! XD

Mewberries151 wrote:And I just adored the way Mr. Geczy did those little "woofs". *giggles* He must have had so much fun doing this. :*D

(shakes head in amusement) - I can only imagine what Matt was like with this episode - he loves Odd-centric ones, and some of the stuff in this episode (like the "tail" line) was a joy!

Mewberries151 wrote:...I need to get a whole bunch of screenshots of Odd from this episode...particularly his pose after taking that spill off the Overboard. XD;

Normally I'd recommend cl.fr's episode guide galleries, but they don't seem to have the shot you want - d*mn ;)

Mewberries151 wrote:Yumi had some nice scenes on her own too. Pretty much everything she did with the William Clone was hilarious, and I loved how she out-smarted those XANA-bikers again and again. Particularly lifting up that rope...ouch! xD I totally wanted to give her a comfort hug after she got zapped that first time by the biker...poor Yumi. ^^;

I loved how she dodged those multiple shocks later though and dived behind a pillar. That was awesome! (Not to mention, very nicely animated. ^^ ).

I loved that moment too - it was kinda like that Western cliche where gunslingers shoot at some poor sap's feet and he has to 'dance' to avoid the bullets XD

Mewberries151 wrote:Haha...and William clone. Oh goodness...I loved how they're now openly calling him "stupid". xD And you just know he was still sitting on that bench until long after nightfall...probably wondering how the heck he'd gotten there. Poor sap. *snerks* ...I like his new outfit though. And is it just me, or does that writing on his shirt look similar to the symbols Jeremie has on his computer (and the super computer)?

The symbols on the computer screens screen is 'Aurek-besh' - a fictional alphabet from the Star Wars universe - William's T-Shirt hovever is different and as pointed out may well be Hebrew - the first and third symobols on it correspond to the Hebrew letters 'Hey' and 'Het', but the central symbol, a simple vertical line like 'I' does not match up as easily, as it could be one of many Hebrew letters, and without serifs to designate what it is, it remains an unknown.

And yes, an awesome ep! :) 9/10
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next