Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 am

S4 Episode 15: Dog Day Afternoon

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Thoughts?

10- Stupendous! Best in show!
27%
9- Not tops, but still pretty good
17%
8- I liked it a lot, but it could've been better
27%
7- It could've been better, it could've been worse
20%
6- It had a lot of room for improvement
3%
5- A mutt of an episode
No votes
4- I didn't like it much at all.
3%
3- A waste of my time.
No votes
2- This show's gone to seed.
No votes
1- A blot on the season.
No votes
0- Can we just put this episode to sleep already?
3%

Total votes : 30

Postby timekitten » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:22 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Carth wrote:
timekitten wrote:'They say love is like getting drunk'? Oh my, did they really have that line in a kids show? Anyway, that was a bad cover up Yumi. Even I would have barfed at that. lol
Oh my god. I completely missed that. I'll have to see that when I rewatch it...ah, now how did they get that through the censors?
Hah...probably the same way they got the "sex appeal" line in way back during "Mister Puck". *snickers*
I forget. What was the 'sex appeal' line in Mister Puck? :umm:

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Haha...and William clone. Oh goodness...I loved how they're now openly calling him "stupid". xD And you just know he was still sitting on that bench until long after nightfall...probably wondering how the heck he'd gotten there. Poor sap. *snerks* ...I like his new outfit though. And is it just me, or does that writing on his shirt look similar to the symbols Jeremie has on his computer (and the super computer)?
The symbols on the computer screens screen is 'Aurek-besh' - a fictional alphabet from the Star Wars universe - William's T-Shirt hovever is different and as pointed out may well be Hebrew - the first and third symobols on it correspond to the Hebrew letters 'Hey' and 'Het', but the central symbol, a simple vertical line like 'I' does not match up as easily, as it could be one of many Hebrew letters, and without serifs to designate what it is, it remains an unknown.
Anyone know what country William is from? There's an odd chance the lettering might have something to do with there. Like an old culture or language perhaps? =/
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:17 pm

timekitten wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Carth wrote:
timekitten wrote:'They say love is like getting drunk'? Oh my, did they really have that line in a kids show? Anyway, that was a bad cover up Yumi. Even I would have barfed at that. lol
Oh my god. I completely missed that. I'll have to see that when I rewatch it...ah, now how did they get that through the censors?
Hah...probably the same way they got the "sex appeal" line in way back during "Mister Puck". *snickers*
I forget. What was the 'sex appeal' line in Mister Puck? :umm:

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Haha...and William clone. Oh goodness...I loved how they're now openly calling him "stupid". xD And you just know he was still sitting on that bench until long after nightfall...probably wondering how the heck he'd gotten there. Poor sap. *snerks* ...I like his new outfit though. And is it just me, or does that writing on his shirt look similar to the symbols Jeremie has on his computer (and the super computer)?
The symbols on the computer screens screen is 'Aurek-besh' - a fictional alphabet from the Star Wars universe - William's T-Shirt hovever is different and as pointed out may well be Hebrew - the first and third symobols on it correspond to the Hebrew letters 'Hey' and 'Het', but the central symbol, a simple vertical line like 'I' does not match up as easily, as it could be one of many Hebrew letters, and without serifs to designate what it is, it remains an unknown.
Anyone know what country William is from? There's an odd chance the lettering might have something to do with there. Like an old culture or language perhaps? =/

Jeremie was wondering why Ulrich and Odd were able to resist posession from XANA's ghosts, and Odd said, "It must have something to do with sex appeal."[size=0]i'll bet a tenth of my soul that he's a virgin.[/size] Then they close the door...and Jeremie gets posessed. :P

And about William and the country thing...I have noticed in a few scenes that he may have a bit of a tanner skintone than the rest of them...just a little, i dunno...
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:27 pm

I can't believe Yumi talked about "love being like being drunk!" Of course, she / they really tried to cover it up with the "William doesn't drink" line right away, but still I wish I could listen to that again because the full impact of it didn't get me the first time around, since the line was just so unexpected. Something else I almost kind of heard was when Yumi said "I'm a bit shaken, but not stirred." Let's just say that at first all I heard was "I'm a bit sh..." and my eyes grew the size of beach balls before I realized the Bond reference. Oh, that Yumi. Always pushing the envelope. Gotta love the kid. [/me acting pompous]

And now, for Kiwodd. (what a freaky name) I must admit that I was hoping Odd to have Kiwi's head (or better yet, the other way around, a la "Mars Attacks!") when they were in Lyoko. Filler as this episode was, I have to say I enjoyed it. The plot was original enough, considering that a few things do get done much more than once in this show... not to imply that its awesomeness doesn't more than make up for it.

In conclusion, :)

Also, is this and "Bragging Rights" on You Tube? 'Cause I didn't see BR...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby timekitten » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:56 pm

Carth wrote:Jeremie was wondering why Ulrich and Odd were able to resist posession from XANA's ghosts, and Odd said, "It must have something to do with sex appeal."[size=0]i'll bet a tenth of my soul that he's a virgin.[/size] Then they close the door...and Jeremie gets posessed. :P

And about William and the country thing...I have noticed in a few scenes that he may have a bit of a tanner skintone than the rest of them...just a little, i dunno...
Oh yeah! How could I have forgotten that. :*D

Really? He seemed paler to me. Course, it could be the lighting.
Planet Cool wrote:I can't believe Yumi talked about "love being like being drunk!" Of course, she / they really tried to cover it up with the "William doesn't drink" line right away, but still I wish I could listen to that again because the full impact of it didn't get me the first time around, since the line was just so unexpected. Something else I almost kind of heard was when Yumi said "I'm a bit shaken, but not stirred." Let's just say that at first all I heard was "I'm a bit sh..." and my eyes grew the size of beach balls before I realized the Bond reference. Oh, that Yumi. Always pushing the envelope. Gotta love the kid. [/me acting pompous]
Oh my. What if there are several of those kinds of things hidden through the series? Naughty Moonscoop. This is a kids show! :nyeh!:
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Jeremified » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:20 am

Ulrich's reaction after Jeremie said "I guess you'll have to keep pretending to like William" was nearly priceless.

*nearly chokes on fork, then has a sort of annoyed/jealous face*
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:26 am

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:And I just adored the way Mr. Geczy did those little "woofs". *giggles* He must have had so much fun doing this. :*D

(shakes head in amusement) - I can only imagine what Matt was like with this episode - he loves Odd-centric ones, and some of the stuff in this episode (like the "tail" line) was a joy!

Heh...I would have given my life savings to have been in the studio with all of them while they were recording this episode...to be sure. :D

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:...I need to get a whole bunch of screenshots of Odd from this episode...particularly his pose after taking that spill off the Overboard. XD;

Normally I'd recommend cl.fr's episode guide galleries, but they don't seem to have the shot you want - d*mn ;)

Heh...ah well...to the Request Thread!!! xD

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Yumi had some nice scenes on her own too. Pretty much everything she did with the William Clone was hilarious, and I loved how she out-smarted those XANA-bikers again and again. Particularly lifting up that rope...ouch! xD I totally wanted to give her a comfort hug after she got zapped that first time by the biker...poor Yumi. ^^;

I loved how she dodged those multiple shocks later though and dived behind a pillar. That was awesome! (Not to mention, very nicely animated. ^^ ).

I loved that moment too - it was kinda like that Western cliche where gunslingers shoot at some poor sap's feet and he has to 'dance' to avoid the bullets XD

*snickers* Yeah. Although it seemed more to me like one of those anime-esque "bullet dodges". ...Or a partially "Trinity-style" bullet dodge...one of those. I know I've seen a move similar to that elsewhere... *ponders* ^^

TB3 wrote:

Ah, that's the language I was thinking of. XD; Heh, it's a shame it doesn't match up.

*snickers at the possibilities of what William's shirt might say* :*D

timekitten wrote:
TB3 wrote:

I've heard theories that he might be of Scottish descent...as both William and Dunbar are names with Scottish roots. *blinks* Maybe they're some sort of ancient runes? ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:36 am

Mewberries151 wrote:I've heard theories that he might be of Scottish descent...as both William and Dunbar are names with Scottish roots. *blinks* Maybe they're some sort of ancient runes? ^^

Great. "I'm William. Read my T-Shirt correctly and you too can be sacrificed to the Great Old Ones."
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:27 pm

wait, They said Jeremie ran away from a Kankrelot right? then how did he have trouble with megatanks? did he have soem sort of shield?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:49 pm

This episode was kinda stupid in my opinion. Stupid, pointless filler.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 pm

JesusFreak wrote:wait, They said Jeremie ran away from a Kankrelot right? then how did he have trouble with megatanks? did he have soem sort of shield?

Maybe he ran from the Roachster (as they were called back then) and ran straight into the Megatanks...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:48 pm

I loved this episode. I usually don't like most CL filler unless it has some form of development in it or it's funny in a weird way. But just the idea of Kiwi-Odd was... xD

I lol'd at the part where he started to take off his pants. <s>RAEP TIEM |D</s>

I just thought... once Yumi left William alone in the middle of town, what did he do? ZOMG ONESHOT FODDER *dashes off in the Ficmobile*

I give this episode a pawprint stamp. Just to keep up with the amount of dog puns. xD;;
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Tekirai wrote:I just thought... once Yumi left William alone in the middle of town, what did he do? ZOMG ONESHOT FODDER *dashes off in the Ficmobile*

TEKI WRITES A FIC? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~ (teki be best fanfiction writer in cl history kthxbai)

I'm thinking he just...stayed there. And chatted with hobos. Yep.
Carth offline

Postby Stonecreek » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Just three words from me: Best. Filler. Ever.

And some more, inconsequential, words.

The hmor is bak in full force, and it's not just half-hearted, childish jokes, either. This episode was well-written, paced wonderfully, and gave some characters valuable screen time or emaningful interactions. It was well-rounded, and outside of having not an iota to do with plot, was darn near perfect.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 pm

['quote="]
TEKI WRITES A FIC? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~ (teki be best fanfiction writer in cl history kthxbai)

I'm thinking he just...stayed there. And chatted with hobos. Yep.[/quote]

I can imagine that :*D

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby MY85 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Hmm... let's see... it started off as a pretty solid episode (Ulrich choking on his food after hearing the idea of Yumi and William as boyfriends was hilarious), but the quality of the thing started to go down as time passes by. The ending and the Odd in Lyoko scenes made my vote go to a 7/10. I feel this could have been better. Pointless filler, but still decently entertaining.

The bikers sucked. Sure it was good to introduce them for a laugh, but they lacked credibility. It's a kids show, but still...

Too much Odd jokes for my taste. He got quite old pretty fast. I laughed at the scene where he took his pants off, though. Loved how he pwned Jeremie with how Jeremie chickened out at Lyoko.

Sissi suspecting on William was pretty good. Sadly, this won't be happening again anytime soon. The whole thing between Yumi, clone-William and Sissi was nice to watch.

At least, Xana-William didn't look like crap compared to past episodes. He sliced Ulrich and reached the flying Aelita in a fast way. Sucks that he didn't devirtualized her, though.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby yumi_yemimah » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:57 pm

7/10
Cartoonnetwork Video kept freaking :wag: messing up :cussout:
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:16 am

I found the ulrich and yumi scence hilarious .The best so far. But it got a bit slow and almost crashed and burn until ulrich went to save yumi (yeah right.)It a good one but not as good.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:55 pm

This episode sucks. Worse than the one where odd and yumi switch bodies.

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:58 pm

This episode's weird. When will another "The Key" air?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:29 am

Finally saw it! This brings up some interesting holes in a few of the LTT theories, but due to my short memory span I have to watch it again to find out what they are. =/

Anywayz, nice real-world zoom effects, for one thing. For another, this episode had a lot of... slightly more mature themes. If they ever do make a Carthage movie, this might be a heads up that it might not be TVY7. ^^ Not much of a plot, so much as something we all wanted to see happen, lol.

So... 7.3/10.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:12 pm

That shows it: Code Lyoko is meant for teens. We need more Odd pulling down his pants! Give us...

oh, well.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:53 pm

lol, that scene was... umm... well, lol. xD
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

dda

Postby razor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:55 pm

did u see were they r all in odds room and he takes of his pants
razor offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Kamekai » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:19 pm

No, we must have missed that. *looks two posts up* ;)

But in all seriousness, I'm not suprised at all that CN let that scene through, after all look at todays degenerate TV shows. We need more Speedy Gonzales! And Duck Dodgers! *_*
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Pink Panther... Tom & Jerry...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Previous