Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

S4 Episode 14: "Bragging Rights"

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Is this episode brag-worthy?

10 = OH YEAH
22%
9 = Yep
39%
8 = It's good, i'll give it that...
26%
7 = Kinda...
4%
6 = Sorta...
No votes
5 = It's okay, but keep your voice down.
No votes
4 = Not really
No votes
3 = Why did you tell me about this again?
No votes
2 = Ick...
No votes
1 = This episode seems a bit too experimental...
4%
0 = SHADAP YOU I'M TRYING TO WATCH TV. o_o
4%

Total votes : 23

S4 Episode 14: "Bragging Rights"

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:35 am

Ok...i've always wanted to do this so yeah. I'M FINALLY GONNA SEE AN EPISODE TODAY *dances*

From what we know, this is the Hebrew "Labratory Rat" episode. I'm dying to see it- specially because it introduces Translation. And because Xanliam is holding Yumi's fans. So pretty.

Of course, it could be any episode. From what I've read about "Arachnophobie", it could be that one too. But, I dunno...

Discuss. The episode comes on at 11:00 EST...

(NO VOTEY TILL EP IS OVER KTHXBAI)
Last edited by Carth on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carth offline

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:11 am

Okay, so it's verified: This is "Arachnophobie" not "Lab Rat." But, as evident by the title card, this isn't in place of Episode #78, this is indeed #79, meaning... "Lab Rat"'s still out there somewhere. Personally, I think it got lost in the shuffle caused by their fall programming kicking into place. If it isn't played sometime in the next couple weeks, then I'm reasonably certain that it'll take place in the periodic CL marathon that CN does.

However, let it be said I'm NOT complaining xDD Ulrich and Yumi translated, and a bunch of spider butt being kicked later. And Odd's daaaaannnnncceeee~

Plus Ulrich's method of "fixing" electronics makes me laugh xD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:24 am

You mean we'll see Odd's dance? :*D

Until then, I'm kinda disliking the Animated Translation parts. :no:

DUDE. Odd's little flashy moment there was... WOW.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:33 am

The only reason I don't like this episode much is that without "Lab Rat", it makes little to no sense. D: It's probably awesome, though...depending on perspective. Hopefully that one will come along soon. Unless CN cut it...which would be BAD.

But still, Odd's dance was absolutely golden. Perfect. And was that Xanliam wolf-whistling? XP

I don't have much to say about this ep...0_0
Carth offline

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:35 am

WTF, did we skiped a episode? Well anyways today was a good episode. I really liked when William said "For XANA!"
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:40 am

*rolls over and dies laughing* Odd's dance was..... XD Definitely the highlight of my morning.

Carth wrote:The only reason I don't like this episode much is that without "Lab Rat", it makes little to no sense. D: It's probably awesome, though...depending on perspective. Hopefully that one will come along soon. Unless CN cut it...which would be BAD.

Well, I'm still going by my theory that it was simply...misplaced temporarily xD; And at least we know what happened in Lab Rat, which helps this episode make sense. Imagine if we had no clue at all?

Anyway, looking at it objectively... This was a pretty good episode ^^ Ulrich's "methods", Yumi boredly flicking her fans, Odd's.... well, just Odd in general, and more... Yeah, this was a good one xD ^^

And I for one like the translated scenes ^^ And the fact that Odd's laser arrows actually live up to their name xD And seeing Yumi fling around her fans was cool, too ^^ I can't wait to see Aelita translated xD

Carth wrote:And was that Xanliam wolf-whistling? XP

I thought that was Odd, wasn't it? *shrugs* Ah well. Xanaliam still speaks for once xD "For XANA" seems kinda corny but oh well xD
(Banner by Mew)

| DeviantArt |

Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:48 am

Wait a minute. Why would Xana(illiam) say "For Xana?"
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MewmiC » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:48 am

I'm kinda glad I saw the French version of 'Lab Rat' because without it the beginning was rather confusing. Wonder what happened to it?

Other than that it was still pretty good, Odd stole the show and those spiders were freaky. Ew.. :scared: hate spiders. And apparently being forcibly devirtualized (deteleported?) in the real world really takes a lot out of them.

Odd steals the show in this episode, and he looks pretty cute translated.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:52 am

Ahem.

OMGH FRANZ V0iC3 1S T3H R0XORZ!!!!!!!@!!!one!!!!!

*coughcough*

What happened, without spoiling "too much," in Lab Rat to make this make sense? Now I'm curious. o.O
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:57 am

Pretty much-- at least, the way I understand it --Aelita and Odd were translated and found the lab and the spiders, but before they could do anything about it they were forcibly ejected from the area. Hence the return mission in Bragging Rights.
(Banner by Mew)

| DeviantArt |

Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:10 pm

Jim wasn't very kind to the children in this episode...

Hold up, hold up! Was XANA wolf-whistling?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:17 pm

Yeah, he was. Just remember, He's a bad guy.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:54 pm

Hmm... I wonder who he was wolf-whistlin' at... ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:59 pm

Wait, that was a Whistle for an animal to come over here. He was calling Odd out of Hiding, because apparantly, He used up his wordss for the day.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TB3 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Umm - I'm confused, please correct me if I'm wrong - Cartoon Network skipped straight over the 'Lab Rat' episode to the one with Yumi and Ulrich fighting d*mn-big-spiders in the rainforest? Well that...sucks - I swear, if they forget to air that one episode I'm gonna...grrr...someone please point me in the direction of an arms retailer and then Turner-Foster Entertainment's HQ! ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:09 pm

*shifty eyes* I have what you need...but mapquest has your maps there buddy.

I really do hope they air the other episode...I cant wait to see this one..I missed it.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:25 pm

Highway Runner wrote:*shifty eyes* I have what you need...but mapquest has your maps there buddy.

I really do hope they air the other episode...I cant wait to see this one..I missed it.

Yessssssssssss, by joing forces, we shalt force the hands of the capitalist pigs, bring forth the revolution, and get the S4 finale aired ahead of France! (evil laughing)

;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby *Star* Gazer » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:56 pm

Wait...the episode already aired? I didn't see it on TV. O_O
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:02 pm

Don't worry. With luck, it'll be on Veoh in a few days.

EDIT: Two Posts to 2000. I'm beggining to understand how Zeronos felt.
Last edited by Cassius335 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby *Star* Gazer » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:03 pm

O_o *screams* This kills me...but hey...I can live..
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 pm

I was wathing some other show at the time this was airing, (I think it was, oh, Danny Phantom or something, but who cares...) When I pressed the last channel button, nd THERE was Code Lyoko! I only saw the last ten minutes or so, but I did see that fight with Odd and the Spider thingies. It was so cool! Definately a new aspect to CL, and to me shows, while known for their growing 3D abilities, the animator's ability to shine as well, as the 2D animated scenes have been developing lately, but not as suddenly or noticably as the graphics.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:12 pm

I had a feeling that this episode wasn't going to be "Lab Rat". I did keep hoping that CN wouldn't mess up and actually air Season 4 in more or less chronological order.

*sigh* Oh well. XD;

CN! You've got some 'splaining to do! ;)

Anyway though, thankfully to various other sources, most of us know what happens in Lab Rat (and if any of you need summaries/pictures LyokoCode has them...and if you'd want to see the French version, I can probably help you there ^^ ).

*ahem* At any rate, I really liked this episode. I liked the French version, and I loved the screenshots and it was great to hear the voices in English. *nods*

...That was indeed Odd whistling. Not XANA-William. ^^; It's a tad easier to tell in the French version (since Odd's voice is very distinct), but it makes sense if you look at William's reaction directly after the whistle is heard. ;)

*resists urge to make several bad "whistle" puns*

Anyhow...Awesome episode. Lots of fun seeing Yumi and Ulrich translated (Yumi's so pretty! ^.^ I love her fans! ), and the two of them working together (and coming to each other's rescue ;D ).

...I'm considering adopting Ulrich's method of dealing with troublesome pieces of technology. Granted it probably won't actually "fix" too many problems...but it'll be a great stress reliever. :*D

I loved Odd and Ulrich's bet (and the fact that Odd actually forfeited extra food just so he could brag...that's a first! *snickers* ). And pretty much everything Odd and Aelita did and said while stuck together in the Forest Replika. I need a screenshot of Aelita's "eye roll/sigh". xD That was classic.

Odd's towel dance is going to be the next BBBD, I swear. *snerks* As well as his accompanying "cheer". X)

And William gets owned...twice...and mostly by Odd (incidentally, of which, I loved Odd's fighting style in this. :D ) That guy just can't catch a break (although to be fair, he kind of utterly destroys them all in "Lab Rat" ) At least he's getting slightly more talkative again. ;D

Anyway, a solid 9-ish episode...probably in the 9.5+ range. *nods*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:33 pm

Pretty good episode. 7.5-8/10. Animation for the jungle scenes are pretty awesome. And Odd was the star of the show, he stole the show.

It sucked that William jobbed to Odd, but it's not surprising to see William defeated by Odd as he jobbed before to everyone, Odd defeating him was just a matter of time. Nonetheless, it was a bit interesting to watch.

It sucks that the writers are making William look weak. He's a joke at being a villian at the pace he's going.

This was sweet: Aelita got devirtualized by the Hornets. Considering how weak the writers portray most of the Xana monsters (and William too), I laughed at the idea of seeing the over-powered Aelita getting devirtualized by apparently insignificant (by the way the monsters are treated) Hornets.

Odd's dance is amusing to the fangirls mostly. And William saying "For XANA!" was... corny.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:38 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:It sucks that the writers are making William look weak. He's a joke at being a villian at the pace he's going.

Yeah, but it's kind of the humor in the show, and Show's XANA's horrible knowlege of humans.

Maybe he watched Animes or something, that the cute rebellious guys with the sexy hair make the best traitors and fighters? Naruto, Maybe?

Shows ho much William is a Poser and a cheat... heh...

That's what you get for wathing Anime, XANA! No, you should spend your time wathing CARTOONS! LIKE CODE: LYOKO!

Heh, XANA watching CL...
Last edited by Overcaffeinated Sloth on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:53 pm

Betting in a school setting is wrong. :wag:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next