Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

S4 Episode 12: "Lost At Sea"

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Your thoughts on this episode?

10 = Perfection!
32%
9 = Excellent
18%
8 = Very Good
14%
7 = Good
18%
6 = Decent
14%
5 = Fair
No votes
4 = ...Meh
No votes
3 = Bad
4%
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = ...This episode should have been lost at sea...
No votes

Total votes : 28

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:15 pm

A great episode. It was good to see Yumi being nice to her brother in the end, and also to see all those memories of him. Who knows where he was during s1, but oh well. It would have made for alot of suspense for Yumi to have been stuck there longer than the length of the episode. I half-expected her to be lost until the next episode, and they'd have to explain to her parents what happened, but oh well. Overall a 7/10.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Carth » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Weeee, late review! :D

I really, really liked this episode- one of the best with the new oufits. What outfits have to do with it, I don't know.

First off, the real-world plot was excellent, and with the UxY thrown in, it must've made the shippers real happy. I also liked seeing little Hiroki playing a large part in affairs again. He's so short and cute...i'd make him my boyfriend if i didn't have one already.

Ulrich was absolutely adorable. I'll take caps of some of those poses and just stare at them. :D That, and the cute picture Yumi had in her diary of him. He looked so saaaad...

Milly's new outfit. [size=0]Go to BKO for my comment on that.[/size]

Jeremie was also subliminally cute. The imprint of the keyboard on his head was something I've been imagining for a LONG time, and he did funny things with his hands too.

The Kongres crack me up. They smile. And it's awesome. When that one was smiling through the window at Yumi, I laughed out loud.

And Willie-butt has his own Skid now! Wonder where it came from. And wonder even more what the spare will be used for. And even more how Xanliam'll come back after that sort of attack...

I can't think of anything else to say. :D 10/10.
Carth offline

Postby Tekirai » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:07 pm

I can only say one thing to describe how much I liked the episode.

8D *lower half of body turns into rocket and flies off into the distance* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

1. ZOMG. H/M IS CANON I KNEW IT.
2. THE ENDING. ZOMG~ KAWAII WAIT I NEVER SAY KAWAII WTH [/caps abuse]
3. Hiroki got some screentime for once!
4. Those flashbacks were sweet~
5. I am a happy U/Y shipper again. :3
6. ZOMG HIS PICTURE IN HER DIARY EEEEE *flies into distance again*

THEREFORE LOST AT SEA = BEST EPISODE EVARRR no not really but it was great. ¦3 (I've been suffering from het fluff withdrawal this summer, hence the WHOAMG reaction)
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby X.A.N.A » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:42 pm

Nice episode over all, though the beginning part seemed to take some time.

I'm betting when the Schyphozoa was "attacking" the Skid, it was really gathering data on it(somehow being able to deliver that data to XANA before being destroyed), and XANA used that data to create that ship for Xanilliam.
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Kamekai » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:46 pm

:duckie: Why didn't I think of that? Of course!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:20 pm

I gave it a seven. It was all right, but less cool and special than the others we'd been getting. Did it look to anyone else that the 2D animation was less refined than usual? The movement looked a lot blockier and sharper than before, and even the character's features seemed to be a little bit sharper. Anyway, it was cool to see Yumi and Hiroki fight and make up. The memories were very sweet, though I could never have guessed that they got along that well; Hiroki usually seemed to deliberately want to annoy Yumi, but maybe that's because Yumi got interested in Ulrich and no longer spent as much time with her brother, so Hiroki got jealous... who knows? The new outfits are back (what if they made an episode where some characters wore the old outfits and some wore the new) and William was piloting a navs-skid! Awesomeness, but not as much as before.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby X.A.N.A » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:25 am

Hm, I read this over at ToonZone, "This is the last time Code Lyoko will be on Tuesday at 7 PM. Next week Code Lyoko will join the Saturday Morning Fried Dynamite at 11 AM, just before Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.", is this true?

I really like watching it when it's on in the evening, and I'll leave my opinon of 'Fried Dynamite' out of this.
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Kamekai » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:56 pm

Amen. CartoonNetwork, not KidshowsNetwork. Otherwise we wouldn't have Naruto & Adult Swim and the like. It's for Cartoons in General, people. Man, first Nick, and now CN? What's this world coming to?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby bduddy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:23 pm

X.A.N.A wrote:Hm, I read this over at ToonZone, "This is the last time Code Lyoko will be on Tuesday at 7 PM. Next week Code Lyoko will join the Saturday Morning Fried Dynamite at 11 AM, just before Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.", is this true?

I really like watching it when it's on in the evening, and I'll leave my opinon of 'Fried Dynamite' out of this.

The "Fried Dynamite" block is Saturday? Not that I actually care, but I just saw an ad saying it was Friday at 7... I thought it was replacing Fridays, hence "Fried Dynamite"... oh well, maybe I'm just making things up >_>

Anyway, the episode... now this is how to do filler :) Nice action, good relationship development... and some actual drama :) And Hiroki has been getting more and more screen time lately... am I the only one that thinks he will have a more significant role in the future? >_>

As an aside... has anyone caught the color of the stripe on the fourth mini-sub? That might give us a clue as to who is destined to occupy it... ;)
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby JesusFreak » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:21 am

I think it's white.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby timekitten » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:01 pm

It's a whitish/light blue color. But it's pretty obvious who'll have it. Jeremie thought ahead to the day he comes back, though no far enough to the discomfort the pod may bring to said occupant. lol

kamekai wrote:Hmmm... Not a bad ep at all, with nicely done animations, so... 7/10. Who else laughed at the way Odd elbowed the elevator button?
Now if Odd hits his funny bone doing that, then it would be funny. lol

I'm very pleased with this episode. Hiroki and the flashbacks were so cute, as was Ulrich treating Hiroki almost like a little brother. U/Y moments practically without actual U/Y interaction.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby zex marquise » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:21 pm

Between The Teebs and Mewberries, pretty much everything has been analyzed and commented on. I salute you, fellow long-posters. You make a Lyoko Freak proud.

God must have heard my cries about the lack of character development a while back and given Jerome inspiration in a dream, because this season has done wonders for the characters. They’re not static anymore, and the writing has added a new level of realism and complexity to them. Yay! I like how Code Lyoko balances real every-day issues with the whole saving-the-world-from-an-AI-gone-nuts thing.

I guess now we know why the Scyphyozoa was scanning the Skidbladnir. XANA/Willy has a new ride, but egad! It’s hideous! It’s like a rejected submarine concept from the original Battlestar Galactica. Leave it to an A.I. to opt for efficiency rather than style. The part where Xanliam's face was lit up by the red light of the console on his HUD was really cool. He looked all scary and angry. “Argh! I’m a pirate!”
Has anyone else noticed the similarity in design between the Nav Skids and that Romulan fighter from Nemesis?

Fire ze missiles! I loved all the adrenaline-pumping dogfight sequences in this episode. Moonscoop successfully integrated the high-octane action of dogfight movies and flight/space combat-sims into a kid's show about fighting an omnipotent AI. Bravo! It adds another level of action coolness to the show, besides the awe and wonder of exploring the Internet in a sub.

The music was great as always. Herman and Serge are great composers. When are they going to release a Code Lyoko OST? AHHHHH!!! I want it sooo badly. They should do an official remix if the XANA march. Herman Martin vs. Juno Reactor. Can I get a hell yeah?

I was impressed that they actually managed to get through an entire episode without XANA activating a tower. I was looking at the timepiece on youtube and I’m like, “Wait… 10 minutes in to the show and XANA still hasn’t activated a tower? Sacrilege!” The end is truly near, my brothers and sisters.
The writing in this show is pleasantly believable compared to other animated series on TV right now. The side story about Hiroki was wonderful. Normally he's just portrayed as a brat with no brain to speak of, but this time a different side of him was shown.

Still, I must have experienced deja vu at least six times while watching this episode. The whole a-well-liked-character-gets-stranded-and-must-use-their-wits-in-a-McGyver-ish-fashion-to-survive-while
simultaneously-growing-as-a-person-through-introspection-and-flashbacks-while-the-others-rush-to-rescue-them scenario is a classic staple of every sci-fi ever made. Name a sci-fi. They've done this. It's gotten old as a plot, but it was interesting to see how it works in Code Lyoko.

[quote=”AngelBolt”]In response to MewB's quote on A and J, I almost exxpected to hear this:
A: So, Jeremie, what do we do now?
J: Same theing we do every night, Aelita, try to take over the world!
A: O.0
J: I mean, eh, try to stop XANA from taking over the world. Yeah..... Umm... Lunch?

I knew there was a reason his head was shaped like that![/quote]

lol Aelita is obviously Pinky, and Jerbear is the Brain. Nice!
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:15 pm

I've been wondering something. Was "Hot Shower" supposed to be AFTER this ep? Because in this one, Jeremie comes up with a program to use via Skid to look for William. Beginning of "Hot Shower", the gang, minus Yumi, is using a program via the Skid to look for William.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:29 pm

Just like Season 1, trial and error. But I swear, if he keeps saying that, I'm going... I'm... going to do... something... :umm:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:13 pm

Cassius335 wrote:I've been wondering something. Was "Hot Shower" supposed to be AFTER this ep? Because in this one, Jeremie comes up with a program to use via Skid to look for William. Beginning of "Hot Shower", the gang, minus Yumi, is using a program via the Skid to look for William.

...I had a theory about that...but since both episodes air in this order in both France and the US...it'd be tricky to tell. I think the only one who'd be able to know for sure would either be Mr. Mouscadet...or one of the script writers.

I agree though..."Hot Shower" feels like it should have come after "Lost At Sea". ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:53 pm

I have a question that has an easy technical answer, but would involve a bit more thought within the world of the show. Remember when Ulrich was looking at Yumi and Hiroki through her bedroom window? (kinda creepy, by the way) How come Yumi and her brother were speaking English / French with one another? If they're alone in their own house, shouldn't they be speaking Japanese? I had the same thought when Hiroki ran up to Yumi to tell her about the diary when Odd and Ulrich were around, but in this case I guess he thought it would be rude to speak in a language the two other boys couldn't understand...

I dunno. Do Ulrich and Odd speak Japanese?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:21 pm

I guess it depends on when the Ishiyamas left Japan (cause I think Yumi was born there...) There is a chance that they left before Hiroki was born, and that English/French is his first language. But that's just a guess- and that first frame of the flashbacks could make it a bit more complex.

That, and 92.87% of Cartoon Network viewers in the US don't speak fluent Japanese. :D
Carth offline

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:21 pm

That's okay, CL also runs in Japan. =P
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby timekitten » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:45 pm

Planet Cool wrote:Remember when Ulrich was looking at Yumi and Hiroki through her bedroom window? (kinda creepy, by the way) How come Yumi and her brother were speaking English / French with one another?If they're alone in their own house, shouldn't they be speaking Japanese? I had the same thought when Hiroki ran up to Yumi to tell her about the diary when Odd and Ulrich were around, but in this case I guess he thought it would be rude to speak in a language the two other boys couldn't understand...
At the least, so we, the viewers, knew what they were saying. They could have actually been speaking Jap to each other, but we can't exactly confirm it. It may also be a habit for Hiroki and Yumi to speak french at the school and whatever at home.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby bduddy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Planet Cool wrote:I have a question that has an easy technical answer, but would involve a bit more thought within the world of the show. Remember when Ulrich was looking at Yumi and Hiroki through her bedroom window? (kinda creepy, by the way) How come Yumi and her brother were speaking English / French with one another? If they're alone in their own house, shouldn't they be speaking Japanese? I had the same thought when Hiroki ran up to Yumi to tell her about the diary when Odd and Ulrich were around, but in this case I guess he thought it would be rude to speak in a language the two other boys couldn't understand...

I dunno. Do Ulrich and Odd speak Japanese?
Well, technically all of them are probably speaking French all the time... >_> I guess the writers just didn't want to go through the trouble for something only a few weird people on a message board even noticed <_<

Hey, why no talking about the latests episode? What's so great about "The Lake"?
>_>

Posts merged by Mewberries151: Please don't double post. Use the "Edit" feature instead to add to your original post. Thank you.
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Kamekai » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:30 am

The entire episode, maybe? :P
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:26 pm

HAHAHA SO GUESS WHO FINALLY SAW IT.

Yeah. <s>This entire episode was obviuosly cover for a huge UxO plot</s> Jeremie, Jeremie, Jeremie. *tsks* I have a theory that his programs always fail because he stays up too late. :/

Anyway. <s>UxO</s> Hiroki is endlessly cute. xD; Annoying, endlessly, but cute as well. It was just like him to steal Yumi's diary (dear god how much has that thing been stolen xD) but I was just sitting there shaking my head at Ulrich. For one thing, he should've just <i>given it back.</i> For another thing, he trusted it to Odd. xD;;; Now don't get me wrong, I love Odd just as much as anyone else, but I wouldn't do that.

ANYWAYYYYY. Lyoko plot was really interesting. :OOO I was kind of wondering when the "Lost at Sea" part would come in. <s>Jeremie's programs fail, yet again.</s> Gahhhhh have I mentioned how much I love the Skid. It like. Makes my inner sci-fi geek squeal.

Anyway. I've also noticed that the gang does a lot of unnecessary talking to themselves. xD;; Jeremie: "ENERGIZE!" "RTTP!" etc, Aelita: "ROTATION!" *presses button* and then of course "SUPER SPRINT" "LASER ARROW" etc. It'd be really funny to hear if you didn't know what they were doing.

SO. You know how you're only supposed to be able to see/hear in Lyoko? Quoth Yumi: "It's so cold here." ........>>;

At any rate. The ending was really cute ;<<< Oh, Ulrich. Anyway.

In response to the above questions: Are you sure he was really listening? I mean. He could've just been watching her actions and interpreting from that. >>; Or I'll buy the fact that Hiroki's first language is French, possibly.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 pm

I know the last post in this thread was in 2007, but I'm writing a fanfic, and just want to know, we've never actually seen Hiroki talking to Millie, have we?
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 am

Unfortunately, we have not.
Maybe I can incorporate it into the now-not-on-hiatus Punic Wars, probably as a sidestory.
This was a very good eppy. And like someone else said, it probably would have been better with Yumi staying trapped until the next episode. WOuld be good to have another two-parter.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Previous