Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 pm

S4 Episode 11: The Lake

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Your thoughts on this episode?

10 = Perfection!
28%
9 = Excellent
55%
8 = Very Good
8%
7 = Good
5%
6 = A little soggy...but not too bad.
5%
5 = Fair
No votes
4 = ...So...it's a lake...?
No votes
3 = Bad
No votes
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = This episode's all washed up...
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:13 am

This ep sounds good I can't wait to watch it but doe's everyone jknow if it is up on youtube.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:11 am

www.veoh.com has it.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:51 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:I kinda agree with Taelia on this one. It was a big JimxSuzanne episode.

...but my favorite part was where he was about to perform CPR on her, and she said, "IF you get another inch closer, it will be the last thing you ever do on this earth."

Or something like that.

I thought she said a hair closer...but you're not too sure either so...why am I here? xP
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks Watched it .

Wow that a good one and enjoy that from start to finish . All the tent should of been put up in less then 5 minutes in my book .but it CL and most peopel haven't had the trainingI have .Yumi gone soft or william lol. Thought I would' nt see that. It's good to see william back even if it for 2 mins .but he ok (ok so I said it ).

Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:05 pm

First off, I was jumping up and down over the fact that they were wearing their old clothes. Though I’ve warmed up a bit to the gang’s new duds, I think Aelita looks much cuter in the dress with the poofy pink balls.

This episode had some good writing. The little things like Ulrich wanting to sneak Yumi on the bus and Jim NOT being a complete dufus the whole time made it more believable.

I loved the part where Jim was worrying over Suzanne. LOL. He totally pulls a Clark Gable. Ripped right off the cover for Gone With the Wind. And of course, sensing something horrific about to happen, Suzanne jumps back into consciousness and tells Jim to back off. Kudos again to the show’s writers.

This episode was also great because it heralds the return of Dumb William. “What’s a Math test and a piece of cake?” Jeremie obviously didn’t have much time to develop his programming.

After attacking with a floating electricity-thing, a giant teddy bear, an alien, a swarm of killer bees, zombies, birds, laser-toting robots, wolves, a food monster, Agent Thompson, and a wild boar, XANA is having a difficult time coming up with new ideas for attacks. At this point, he had to choose between the Blob, and those d*mn Klingons. Luckily for the gang, he went with the blob. It wasn’t a good day to die. What was with the storminess, though? XANA is getting way to overpowered. “JENOVA. Is it in you?”

For once someone gets shocked into unconsciousness and it isn’t Jeremie. Poor Ulrich :( He gets left in the dingy, arms dangling out of the boat.

I also noticed how Aelita had to do all the work pitching the tent while Jeremie was relaxing and messing around with his laptop. She doesn’t even seem to mind. Their relationship reminds me a bit of Zoe and Wash from Firefly. One is a fighter and the other is laid back, monitoring everything from the bridge. Now Jeremie just needs to get out of that turtleneck and put on a Hawaiian shirt. “Have you seen what she wears? Forget about it. Have you ever been with a warrior woman?”

Best entrance EVAR to hide in a tower. One Winged William suddenly appears out of the corner of the screen like Alfred Hitchcock and I’m liked OMG look out Yumi NOOOOOOOO!

Again, what is Yumi trying to do by putting her fan into Willy’s forehead symbol? It doesn’t work. Great fight scene, though. XANA moves more like Sephiroth with each passing episode. You gotta love the YxW relationship. Nothing says "I love you" like getting devirtualized by a giant buster sword.

William struggling with his inner demons was a great scene. Herman Martin should’ve done an exaggeratingly sad musical montage for that. He could’ve made it funny. Oh well, opportunity lost. Didn’t William have some great facial expressions, though? I wonder how William is still connected to his body if his mind is in the digital sea. The way XANA has control over him confuses me. When Yumi brings up memories of his past life, he suddenly reawakens. It’s like T’ielk of Stargate when he gets brainwashed by Apothos and his friends have to bring back all his memories so he can remember who he really is. If XANA is possessing William and William’s mind is somewhere out there *waves hand*, then reminding XANA about Willy’s past shouldn’t bring William back, unless William is still very much linked to his body. So does that mean he is remotely linked to his body somehow even though he’s in the digital sea?

Stupid Nicholas. We al know what happened to the last poor sap who poked a blob with a stick. It ate him.

Mewberries wrote: Anyway...hah, Aelita and Jeremie at the end are priceless. Laughing Now is it just me, or did they totally just ask Odd and Ulrich to give them some, "alone time"?

Yeah. I loved that last part. It’s time for Jerbear to cash in on all those snogging points he’s earned. Woo hoo!

Wash’s reenactment of Code: LYOKO:

Franz: Yes. Yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will hold the Keys. We will be the ultimate masters. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it… "This Land".
XANA: I think we should call it "your grave"!
Franz: Ahh! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
XANA: Har har har! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
[XANA’s kankrelots attack Franz.]
Franz: Ohhh, no, God! Oh, dear God in heaven!
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:55 pm

zex marquise wrote:Wash’s reenactment of Code: LYOKO:

Franz: Yes. Yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will hold the Keys. We will be the ultimate masters. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it… "This Land".
XANA: I think we should call it "your grave"!
Franz: Ahh! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
XANA: Har har har! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
[XANA’s kankrelots attack Franz.]
Franz: Ohhh, no, God! Oh, dear God in heaven!

xD dude, You gotta put that in your sig. :thumbs up:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:24 pm

I think your right! I shall put this in my sig! MUAHAHAHAH!!!!
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:46 pm

zex marquise wrote:I also noticed how Aelita had to do all the work pitching the tent while Jeremie was relaxing and messing around with his laptop. She doesn’t even seem to mind.

Yeah, I noticed and was really upset. Jeremie used to be an all-right guy, bun he's not being much of a gentleman in some of the latest episodes, especially considering that Aelita could (probably) just as easily worked on the computer problem herself. That was another one of the reasons I disliked Aelita's new clothes; they make her look submissive, like a cooking-and-cleaning wife. I used to like Jeremie quite a bit until I saw how he has behaved in some of the latest episodes, so he'd better get to work on his relationship with Aelita and earn my forgiveness on the double!

'Cause if he doesn't, I just might swoop in and take Aelita away and treat her fairly and live happily ever after! :peck:
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:09 pm

Planet Cool wrote:
zex marquise wrote:I also noticed how Aelita had to do all the work pitching the tent while Jeremie was relaxing and messing around with his laptop. She doesn’t even seem to mind.

Yeah, I noticed and was really upset. Jeremie used to be an all-right guy, bun he's not being much of a gentleman in some of the latest episodes, especially considering that Aelita could (probably) just as easily worked on the computer problem herself. That was another one of the reasons I disliked Aelita's new clothes; they make her look submissive, like a cooking-and-cleaning wife. I used to like Jeremie quite a bit until I saw how he has behaved in some of the latest episodes, so he'd better get to work on his relationship with Aelita and earn my forgiveness on the double!

'Cause if he doesn't, I just might swoop in and take Aelita away and treat her fairly and live happily ever after! :peck:

Ummm...just in Jeremie's (and Aelita's ) defense...I think Aelita was putting up her <u>own</u> tent. ^^; I really don't think Jim or Mrs. Hertz in particular would stand for a girl and a boy sharing a small tent like that (which incidentally, were one person tents)...no matter how much "alone time" they were in need of. *sweatdrops*

So honestly, there's really no "submission" of any sorts going on. And furthermore, how does it make a girl "submissive" if she does a friend a favor and helps put up a tent?
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:22 am

I don't how how euphoric I am after seeing this episode.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Mewberries, you're right about the tent... I can't believe I didn't think about it before, I just kind of assumed that Aelita and Jeremie would be bunking together. And the favor thing is also a good point; I guess my overwhelming affection for Aelita messes up my head from time to time. But still... couldn't Jeremie have asked her if she wanted him to put up her tent for her? Because if I was in his place, that's what I would have done! Then again, maybe he did and she just said it was all right and that he should work on their project...

You know, I think I just might be too emotionally immature for CL. :D
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:33 pm

I guess my overwhelming affection for Aelita messes up my head from time to time.(Planet cool). Your like me when It comes to yumi lol.

Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Megagents » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:48 pm

Planet Cool wrote:Mewberries, you're right about the tent... I can't believe I didn't think about it before, I just kind of assumed that Aelita and Jeremie would be bunking together. And the favor thing is also a good point; I guess my overwhelming affection for Aelita messes up my head from time to time. But still... couldn't Jeremie have asked her if she wanted him to put up her tent for her? Because if I was in his place, that's what I would have done! Then again, maybe he did and she just said it was all right and that he should work on their project...

You know, I think I just might be too emotionally immature for CL. :D

I get what you're saying but Aelita wouldn't let something like that bother her and Jeremie wouldn't think she couldn't handle it, she's spent most of her childhood running and ducking away from monsters, I doubt a tent would be a big deal.

Megagents offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Technically no, since the monsters didn't become a problem until she was 12 or thereabouts, then she spent ten-odd years in the computer while it was offline.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:31 pm

Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:18 pm

:pale: WTF.I'm confused .Could someone give me a brief version off this .I do know what your pointing out.

Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:32 pm

What I am saying is that in France, they do give French tests. This was also mentioned by Odd in S1'S "Routine", remember?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:54 pm

It kinda makes sense. I mean, we have English classes here in the good ol' US of A, but those are more of Writing and Literature classes. Perhaps the same is true of french French classes?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:14 pm

That is what I am saying.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:59 am

ok that's werid .My head rerally doe's hurt.

Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:39 pm

I really hope there are more episodes like this in future seasons.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Fri May 16, 2008 5:00 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:Hasn't that been the assumption ever since we've know them?

XD Well...maybe not in season 1...but season 4 in general seems to point to them having a much deeper relationship now since Aelita's almost entirely open with her affections and Jeremie's...eh, well, they're spending a lot of time together at any rate.

Doesn't really matter...I think it's adorable either way and I hope it keeps showing up more as the episodes go on. ^.^

Now if only a certain Yumi and Ulrich would just get over themselves and... *is bricked*

Not in Season 1? Go back and watch the beginning of Cruel Dilemma, the end of Frontier, and the middle of False Start more carefully. They are a couple. They've always been a couple. Speaking of which, I love seeing Aelita stroke Jeremie's chin. She just keeps finding new ways to touch his face, doesn't she?

Also, this is the second time we see Jim bring someone back to consciousness just by threatening to give them CPR. It must be some sort of a special technique he learned in his many adventures.

Jeremie and tents...Oh, no. This is a classic Disney sketch waiting to happen. You know the one I mean.

And yes, it does look like Aelita and Jeremie are asking for alone time. What's more amazing is that Ulrich and Odd actually seem willing to give it to them.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:35 pm

HiddenWatcher wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:Hasn't that been the assumption ever since we've know them?

XD Well...maybe not in season 1...but season 4 in general seems to point to them having a much deeper relationship now since Aelita's almost entirely open with her affections and Jeremie's...eh, well, they're spending a lot of time together at any rate.

Doesn't really matter...I think it's adorable either way and I hope it keeps showing up more as the episodes go on. ^.^

Now if only a certain Yumi and Ulrich would just get over themselves and... *is bricked*

Not in Season 1? Go back and watch the beginning of Cruel Dilemma, the end of Frontier, and the middle of False Start more carefully. They are a couple. They've always been a couple. Speaking of which, I love seeing Aelita stroke Jeremie's chin. She just keeps finding new ways to touch his face, doesn't she?

Compared to the other seasons, there is considerably less J/A "couple-ness" than in the later seasons. There's flirting, mostly on Aelita's part, and somewhat unknowingly done at that, but they weren't a true "item". At least not in the sense I take "item" to mean. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dark William » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Great episode, im not a fan of romance but it ssooo cute

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Did anyone else, like me, get the feeling that Jim and Suzanne were like a married couple with lots of children, and they were taking their kids on a camping trip? :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext