Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

S4 Episode 11: The Lake

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Your thoughts on this episode?

10 = Perfection!
28%
9 = Excellent
55%
8 = Very Good
8%
7 = Good
5%
6 = A little soggy...but not too bad.
5%
5 = Fair
No votes
4 = ...So...it's a lake...?
No votes
3 = Bad
No votes
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = This episode's all washed up...
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby MewmiC » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:29 pm

So does anyone think the Schyphozoa's dead for good or is it going to come back?
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:56 pm

MewmiC wrote:So does anyone think the Schyphozoa's dead for good or is it going to come back?

Most likely coming back, but alas, I've always been wrong. :*D
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Silly Nicholas. Some giant Black ooze comes from the water and what does he do? He Pokes it!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby YDV » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:14 pm

*finally saw it-- thank you DVR xD;;*

Okay, so this episode was admittedly quite awesome. I giggled at Sissi trying to shove all that stuff on the bus (okay so I can relate >>) and of course Odd had to bring Kiwi. xDD;

Gah, poor Yumi being stuck with tests. But seriously, did she not rock hard? Like. Doing everything by herself was just awesome. A-a-and when Xanaliam popped up behind her I jumped xD; (It was predictable but scary anyway >>)

I thought Ulrich like died. D: Seriously, with what these poor kids have been through, you'd think it would've happened. So I was mildly afeared. But he got saved by the "it's a kids show, lulz" plot device.

WILLIAM AHHHHHHH. OKAY. I think he was faking it. ;< Because. XANA's been observing humans for a while now, and I don't doubt his ability to imitate a reaction like that. I don't mean to be the nay-sayer, but >>;;; It MAY have actually been him, I dunno. <s>Oh William, you're so hot when you have internal conflict :x *shot*</s>

xDDD And William clone was funny, as usual. "What's math test and cake?"

Oh, Suzanne. xD; I love how she instantly woke up and threatened Jim right before he got too close.

Uhhhhh.... the XANA attack was pretty fearsome. Like. Sitting there zapping the island with an angry storm cloud and.... specter mud. xDDD;

I really dislike Aelita flipping in the tower. ESPECIALLY IN FREAKING EMERGENCIES. She's like "lololol I'm Aelita I can do aerial flips" when people could be dying. Dx

9/10? :D
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:03 am

YDV wrote:I thought Ulrich like died. D: Seriously, with what these poor kids have been through, you'd think it would've happened. So I was mildly afeared. But he got saved by the "it's a kids show, lulz" plot device.

Although seeing as how the electrical shock attacks that the other students had received didn't do much more than knock them unconscious for a length of time (and only fazed Jim ^^; ), a relatively weak shock like that (at least in comparison to the energy XANA built up towards the end) becoming a killing hit would have seemed...unbelievable, in it's own sense.

Anyway...hah, Aelita and Jeremie at the end are priceless. XD Now is it just me, or did they totally just ask Odd and Ulrich to give them some, "alone time"? :*D

Aelita's expression during that scene cracks me up.

...Does this mean they're an item? *snickers* ;D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:05 am

Hasn't that been the assumption ever since we've know them?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:56 pm

Too bad I couldn't catch this one for quite a while, college moveing in keeps one busy.

Anyway, now that I did see it, I consider it quite excellent. Xaniam freaking out was beautiful as far as characteriazation in this show goes, and even though this was kind of a 'lol why did you put yourself in harm's way to begin with' moment, the attack was a little more feasibly in line with what we've been shown XANA can do (forget real lightning physics for a moment, show-internally the lightning and the lightning rod were accurate, or at least not so suspension of disbeliefe smashing as the laser meteor thing.)

Yumi's trepidation at Xaniam freaking out and the sort of funk it put her in later were the absolute highlight of this episode. Aelita dismissed it far too fast because to us fans that was delicious.

A few small gripes, but nothing worth airing, plus an attack that was still only so/so and required the Gang to make a mistake of going out to an island to begin with are the downsides to an otherwise strong episode in most ways, the first 8/10 I've seein in a while I think
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:57 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Hasn't that been the assumption ever since we've know them?

XD Well...maybe not in season 1...but season 4 in general seems to point to them having a much deeper relationship now since Aelita's almost entirely open with her affections and Jeremie's...eh, well, they're spending a lot of time together at any rate.

Doesn't really matter...I think it's adorable either way and I hope it keeps showing up more as the episodes go on. ^.^

Now if only a certain Yumi and Ulrich would just get over themselves and... *is bricked*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:43 am

So far, we have seen six examples of Jim's true heart.

Holiday in the Fog (when he comforted Sissi)
Amnesia (when he carried Ulrich to the infirmary)
Code: Earth (when he apologized for breaking Jeremie's ankle and said he was gonna miss the children, and wanted to help them fight XANA)
False Start (when he helped the kids stop the attack)
Cold War (when he spoke gently to the children, gave them cute winter clothes and told them a story)
The Lake (when he hugged the children, saved Suzanne, and saved Kiwi)

Jim's turning into a father-figure, just like I've always dreamed he would be! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:00 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Now if only a certain Yumi and Ulrich would just get over themselves and... *is bricked*

I'm counting the episodes.... counting the episodes... >:3 *is also brick'd*

This episode was just as good as I thought. The Lake may seem like a blunt title, but the episode was awesome. Yumi was great in this. "Inferno here, how is it in Paradise?" xD

Real-William showed signs of LIFE! And I think he really did! D: And... all of a sudden I feel like reading Y/X. Dear God, not me too. xD;; lol @ "What's cake?"

I'd give this episode 8/10. It was good, but not perfect.

I'm actually gonna go and watch S2 again... it seems to be my favourite season so far. :\ S4 is good but it's parallel to S1 right now (which was my second fav. season).
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:22 am

Taelia wrote:So far, we have seen six examples of Jim's true heart.

Holiday in the Fog (when he comforted Sissi)
Amnesia (when he carried Ulrich to the infirmary)
Code: Earth (when he apologized for breaking Jeremie's ankle and said he was gonna miss the children, and wanted to help them fight XANA)
False Start (when he helped the kids stop the attack)
Cold War (when he spoke gently to the children, gave them cute winter clothes and told them a story)
The Lake (when he hugged the children, saved Suzanne, and saved Kiwi)

Jim's turning into a father-figure, just like I've always dreamed he would be! =D

I'm not sure about Holiday in the Fog, but didn't all those end in a RTTP? So it's understandable why we don't see much of Jim's softer side. Plus, gym teachers have to be somewhat tougher, in order to keep pushing their students.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby timekitten » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:40 am

Tekirai wrote:Yumi was great in this. "Inferno here, how is it in Paradise?" xD
Oh, that's what she said on the phone. XD I couldn't hear it too well.
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby yumi_yemimah » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:15 pm

I liked this episode alot.William is so cute and sexy.I thought he was going crazy when he was remembering,he was all sceaming and stuff, I really felt sorry for him. I really thought he was going to change back into the good William but I knew it was to good to be true.And it was soooo cute when Yumi was touching his face *_* my favorite part of the whole episode.

ahaha :*D crazy me
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:21 pm

Simply a perfect episode, obviously the writers are starting to get a variety of plots. :P

And the Xanalliam in the tower beind Yumi. Shocking. Came outta nowhere. The only thing I had a problem with is Xanilly being such a mental pushover. :no: Waaaaaaaayyy too easy. I hope to write a full review for this ep soon. I hope.

For now, I'll just quote the amazingly thorough review at Code: WIKI.

Code: WIKI wrote:Mrs. Hertz takes the students on a weekend field trip/camping trip to a small island in the middle of a lake, but Yumi stays behind to take tests. Aelita and Jeremie mention a program they were working on, but they don't elaborate. When the students reach the island, Jeremie discovers that neither their cell phones nor his laptop have a signal. XANA seizes the opportunity to attack, sending a spectre into the lake. Yumi finds out about the activated tower.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kita K. » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:51 pm

Best episode since 'Temptation." If they can out-do that episode, they win endless props, cookies, and fresh-picked strawberries.

I haven't really been following the show for a while so I'm not completely in the loop as far as XANAlliam goes, but when I saw him sneak into the tower I went "OHSHNAPZ" and enjoyed the following events.
Kita K. offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:12 pm

Also, the change of clothes... again. If they start alternating clothes, Cl'd be, like, the first show to ever really incorporate that, ya know? That'd be so cool! Or... maybe the animators are staying up to late at night. Malk, what did Zex & I tell you about sharing that Silverchair stuff with other people?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:32 pm

It was okay, but why alternating from old to new to old outfits?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:33 pm

General Marriott Suites wrote:It was okay, but why alternating from old to new to old outfits?

Don't you do the same in your daily life? o_O
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tosann » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:44 am

Think of it this way- would you bring your brand new clothes on a trip where you will most likely be getting up close and personal with nature?
Some people would call me a nerd over the internet.
Then I would ask them what they were doing here.

There are no spam bots and their hunters. There is only bandwidth.

Tosann offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:45 am

I'm thinking they did it because of the flashbacks that William had. They had their old outfits in that.

Now if they would just keep the old outfits...somehow, the new ones are a bit less bright, have less personality.
Carth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:47 am

Even Yumi's?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:48 am

:*D I can't get over those stars on the side
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:24 pm

I call the reverting of character designs the "Peter Pan effect" or the "Neverland effect". In one ep, the Lyoko Warriors are teenagers and the next, they're back to being children. I like their child forms a little better than their teenage forms, because they were more adorable and sweet as little ones. ^_^

On the JimxSuzanne CPR scene, did you guys see the way Jim was holding Sue? He was so gentle in his touch. He really should have kissed her. :(
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:24 pm

I kinda agree with Taelia on this one. It was a big JimxSuzanne episode.

...but my favorite part was where he was about to perform CPR on her, and she said, "IF you get another inch closer, it will be the last thing you ever do on this earth."

Or something like that.

The S4 episodes are more like the S1 and S2 episodes blended together right now. They're more like S1 because of XANA's attack style (focusing more on inanimate objects rather then on the possession gig), but they're exploring the digital sea and stuff more, so it's like S2 in that they're delving deeper into the secrets and mysteries of Lyoko.

I like it!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:30 pm

Me too.

That little child sure was smart to ask Jim to give Sue mouth-to-mouth. (giggles)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext