Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 pm

S4 Episode 11: The Lake

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Your thoughts on this episode?

10 = Perfection!
28%
9 = Excellent
55%
8 = Very Good
8%
7 = Good
5%
6 = A little soggy...but not too bad.
5%
5 = Fair
No votes
4 = ...So...it's a lake...?
No votes
3 = Bad
No votes
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = This episode's all washed up...
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby codeTONY » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 pm

OLDCLOTHES OLDCLOTHES OLDCLOTHES OLDCLOTHES OLDCLOTHES

OLDCLOTHES
OMG Japanese desu yo ( ^.^)( -.-)( _ _)
I am the 334th user here on LF. bee tee dubs.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:03 pm

This is much more like it!

All the students are back to being children again. Jim hugging them made my heart warm up. <3

Jim having worry over Suzanne was just beautiful. And Jeremie showed exemplary leadership skills.

And Odd seems to be afraid of storms.

9/10

Just sweet perfection.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:26 pm

Writing_Addict wrote:
Crash Course wrote:
And I admit, I was rooting for William to conquer XANA inside his mind. *sigh* Someday I guess? .....*blinks* Oh no. I'm becoming a William fan. o_O AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ----*brick'd*

It's an epidemic...O_O
Suuubmit to the temptation. Everything's better on the other side. And we have cookies! :P

Overall, I'm very pleased with this episode. I've been feeling very disappointed with most of the S4 episodes until now. Loved watching Willie fight his demon, despite losing the battle. Yumi's reaction was sweet and...romantic. Also, Mrs. Hertz waking up and threating to kill Jim was priceless. Awwww... XD

Oh, and may all 'William is willingly aiding XANA' fanfics die on the spot! :nyeh!:
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Taelia » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:55 pm

Someone give me a screenshot of Jim hugging the students. :) That was one of the sweetest scenes.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 pm

If Lyoko Code continues their trend, expect screencaps up for the episode tomorrow, and hope that one's among them xD ^^

timekitten wrote:
Writing_Addict wrote:
Crash Course wrote:
And I admit, I was rooting for William to conquer XANA inside his mind. *sigh* Someday I guess? .....*blinks* Oh no. I'm becoming a William fan. o_O AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ----*brick'd*

It's an epidemic...O_O
Suuubmit to the temptation. Everything's better on the other side. And we have cookies! :P

Nevaaaarrrr! :P
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:45 pm

Man Skippy was tough. It took energy from four towers to even dent it!

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:03 pm

Crash Course wrote:
timekitten wrote:
Writing_Addict wrote:
Crash Course wrote:

It's an epidemic...O_O

I wanna cookie...

I was surprized to see the William thing there. As well as Yumi waving her fan in front of Xaniliam.

"You'll never beat us, XANA!"
*Punch*

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:31 pm

...Holy...cow...

*blinks* I wish I had put a 9.9 option on the poll because honestly...this is as close to getting a 10 as an episode can get without actually hitting it for me. XD

I have no idea where XANA got the idea for his attack but, dang if that wasn't awesome. Skip the theatrics and just shock the heck out of anyone who gets too close. xD; Nasty shock too. (Poor Ulrich...Aelita could have at least pulled him out of the boat and further onto shore...oh well ^^; ).

Anyway, awesome XANA attack, and a fairly sweet little real world side-plot. I found the idea of Ulrich wanting to sneak Yumi onto the bus adorably funny. *giggles*

Yumi and her exam troubles in general were certainly relateable...and she ended up pet-sitting at the end. *snickers* Poor girl.

Dang if she didn't rock out loud and (dare I say it) steal the show on Lyoko though! O.o Granted some of the sequences were slightly re-used (I say slightly because while the movements were the same, they had been re-textured and formatted to work in the Polar region), but...snap, Yumi was on fire. Destroying the one Krabe and then everything she did while fighting William was awesome.

And William! Omigosh! I had been hoping that they'd do something like that with Yumi having just the tiniest bit of influence on him (just since it makes William an even more interesting antagonist if he's not utterly mindless and taking orders from just XANA). That could easily make for some far more interesting battles later on, particularly when the other warriors get thrown into the mix.

Just to keep my conscience clear, I am still 100% a Y/U fan, but I find Yumi's own guitly feelings towards what happened to William terribly endearing in regards to her, and thus found William's "struggle" scene very touching (even if half of the expressions he makes in it, taken out of context, are just too funny *is bricked* xD ).

I'm beginning to wonder if Yumi didn't regard William as something like an older brother, or as someone who needed a friend (William being a transfered troublemaker) that she decided to be a friend for. *blinks* But I digress...

...And of course William Clone shows up again in the one episode (thus far) where they don't wear their new outfits. XD Rats! I want to see if he gets one!

Speaking of which...I kind of like that they're interchanging between the old outfits and the new one (if that is what they intend to do). Not only because I like both styles of outfits a lot, but also because that adds even more realism to the show (two main outfits instead of one, in addition to their gym and sleep wear). *nods*

Jim and Suzanne were utterly hilarious. And Mrs. Hertz spared herself the same fate Ulrich met in Marabounta. XD (Did anyone else find it totally amusing that the other students were like, "You've got to give her Mouth-to-Mouth", <s>"Yeah, kiss her, you fool."</s> ) *snerk* Brilliant. :*D

So, yeah, in conclusion, 9.9/10 (.1 taken off for the slight animation recycling). Bravo! :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:34 pm

Jim also showed concern for Suzanne - PROOF that he has growing feelings for her! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:45 pm

Jim and Suzanne is at best a love-hate relationship. I think he prefers Dorothy more.
Crash Course wrote:
timekitten wrote:Suuubmit to the temptation. Everything's better on the other side. And we have cookies! :P

"You should never say never!" ~Odd. :wag: You will see the light! :nyeh!:
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby X.A.N.A » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:52 pm

Wow, I didn't even notice that they were in the old outfits. :o

I wonder why they've suddenly gone back, maybe because they were going to go camping and they didn't want to get their new outfits dirty? :P

Glad William is still in there... somewhere, best part of the episode IMO.

I give it a 10. :D
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:01 am

Jim and Suzanne is at best a love-hate relationship. I think he prefers Dorothy more.

:wag: :)

Uh-uh! Jim likes Sue more. My friend Elizabeth and I think so... and so does David Gasman, who did handsomely here. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby timekitten » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:21 am

I dunno. I think he gets in so many accidents so he can see Dorothy. :D
ImageImage
timekitten offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:28 am

timekitten wrote:I dunno. I think he gets in so many accidents so he can see Dorothy. :D

XD; Unforunately, I think Dorothy mentioned in "XANA's Kiss" that she was engaged (which means she's probably married by now ^^; ).

Mrs. Hertz is supposedly also married though...some little fun fact thing on CL.com once said she first fell in love with her husband because of his last name. xD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
timekitten wrote:I dunno. I think he gets in so many accidents so he can see Dorothy. :D

XD; Unforunately, I think Dorothy mentioned in "XANA's Kiss" that she was engaged (which means she's probably married by now ^^; ).

Mrs. Hertz is supposedly also married though...some little fun fact thing on CL.com once said she first fell in love with her husband because of his last name. xD

And she did say (name forgotten) she wanted to impress someone with Jim's tango skils...if she is married she might be divorced by now. #3
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ginolyoko12 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:45 am

This was an excellent episode!
I loved it.
When William had the flashbacks.I was like,C'mon William!Come back to earth and we see a little Yumi and William action.

My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:57 am

timekitten wrote:
Writing_Addict wrote:
Crash Course wrote:

It's an epidemic...O_O

Overall, I'm very pleased with this episode. I've been feeling very disappointed with most of the S4 episodes until now. Loved watching Willie fight his demon, despite losing the battle. Yumi's reaction was sweet and...romantic. Also, Mrs. Hertz waking up and threating to kill Jim was priceless. Awwww... XD

Oh, and may all 'William is willingly aiding XANA' fanfics die on the spot! :nyeh!:

BRAAAAAWR.

Best episode of the season. So far.

First off. OLD OUTFITS. I wonder if this is permanent. And we finally see old Clone Willie...and it's old outfit time. I sympathize with Mew. I feel slightly ripped off. o_o But...OLD OUTFITS OLD OUTFITS OLD OUTFITS

The little bits of funniness in the campsite killed me. First, the return of Sissi flirting with Ulrich (i don't think we've seen that in a while), then Aelita pitching a tent, and ol' Jer not lifting a finger to help. Hahaha.

When I saw Jim hugging the kids and the Jim/Suzanne CPR, I just thought, "oh, Taelia's going to be happy today." Just a little thought. But, still...JimxSuzanne is moving faster than any of the other couples. 0_o

...French test, eh? FRENCH TEST?

Very good XANA attack. Very functional. And he even thought to reach over the rubber sides of the boats. And the return of the Schyphozoa! Yay. I liked Skippy.

Now...for Lyoko. Best tactic EVAR to hide in a tower. He should've gone "BOO" or poked her or something. I was a little disappointed by the fight scene recolors. But I love that fight, so whatever. :)

Now, for resistance. I thought he was going to fake her out. I really did. The flashbacks probably confirm that all the resistance wasn't a complete fake out, but with the smooth transition back to XANA-ness, some of the acting as William might've been fake. (XANA's quite an actor.) And it appears we've added some more William fans! HAHAHAHA. I'll have to rewatch that scene. I wanna see teh sweetness again. :)

So...that's what I have to add for the episode. Hopefully suficient. Liked seeing the old outfits again. ^-^

9.5/10. .5 because of scene recycling and for FRENCH TEST.
Last edited by Carth on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carth offline

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 am

WHY, oh why the heck is that horrid evil tenticle octopus Skphazoa still alive... ;__; Some one needs to kill it...

Good episode. Poor Ulrich. He'll be mad he missed all the action. Jeremie was adorable (as always) and seems to have a rather cool head about things. ^_^ Good for Jerebear. (that's my new nickname for him.) Yay for Aelita devirtualizing Willaim AGAIN!!! ^_^ It's always cool when that happens.
The whole Yumi/William thing...I don't know if I like it or not, but Yumi and Aelita have now BOTH fallen for that 'XANA is pretending to be WIlliam' trick...and both almost got devirtualized....*sigh* NO TRUSTY THE BAD GUY LADIES!! :wag: lol
All in all, quite a good episode. ^_^
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 am

The entertainment value of this episode was great. The plausability...well, that was not so great. While I applaud a bit more vicious of an attack, I never really bought it, seeing as XANA never likes bonding with nature. And Jeremie and his computer getting re-connected just when it was needed also brought the believability down. But it was darn fun to watch. The Yumi/William moment (even though I had a "She's gonna get pwned" countdown going on as soon as it started) was good, as was the character interaction overall. 8/10 for those faults listed above and reuse of the same Skippy scene twice in one episode.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 am

Just watched the perveiw of the lake. looks good .I'm suprised yumi admitted to william that he was a lyoko warrior.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am

[quote="Carth"]

...French test, eh? FRENCH TEST? [quote]

So? In American Public schools they give English tests.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Carth » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 am

...oh yeah. Right.

...Never mind...
Carth offline

Postby MY85 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 am

A pretty good episode, but nowhere near perfect because the first minutes were kinda blah. Things picked up once the Xana attack began. 7.0-7.5/10. Real-world wise, it was pretty good.

The tv show Lost came into mind for a moment when the electric attacks got worse and the sky got darker...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:25 am

Yeah. Hey, wasn't it funny when everyone's freaking out and Jeremie's just got his hand on his chin, deep in thought...

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

I can actually picture....

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:43 pm

I can actually picture the Peter Pan song "Your Mother and Mine" playing to some of the sweet scenes in this episode. ^_^
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext