Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am

S4 Episode 10: Hot Shower

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rate the episode:

10/10 - Perfect airing.
18%
9/10 - Near perfection.
27%
8/10 - Like New York City, it's great to repeat it twice.
21%
7/10 - Pretty good episode. I liked it for what it showed.
15%
6/10 - Not a bad episode. Above the average.
12%
5/10 - Meh...
3%
4/10 - Kinda dissapointing.
3%
3/10 - Poorly done.
No votes
2/10 - I know how Simon Cowell feels like after hearing all those contestants.
No votes
1/10 - This really blows.
No votes
0/10 - I'm done with Code Lyoko.
No votes

Total votes : 33

Postby Taelia » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 am

HA! I KMEW IT! I KNEW Will was Ulrich's rival.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:24 pm

Err... I thought that was pretty obvious by now. >~>

I guess I was sorta right on my prediction after all. For once. xD;; "Or maybe something blows up and sends hot debris everywhere" = meteor? o.O

I liked this episode- it shows XANA actually knows what he's doing (unlike a lot of vilians who usually think 'I don't care it it blows up my personal belongings FIYA ZE MISSLES- oh crap nuuu' when he does his 'work'. And didn't that tower turn WHITE afterwards? It definitely wasn't blue- I watched that scene a few times to make sureStupid scene recycling. Franz is sleeping somewhere. >_>

Hiroki's Earth looked like an Easter egg after he made it purple. Lmaonade at Yumi's finishing line and the news reporter.

And I misheard bodyguards too.

... <s>I also was amazed they give that reporter cleavage. Has any other episode had that so far? xD;; I KNOW THAT SOUNDS PERVERTED BUT WELL</s> um maybe I should ask in BKO for that nevermind. >_>;;;;;
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:41 pm

And didn't that tower turn WHITE afterwards? It definitely wasn't blue- I watched that scene a few times to make sure. Stupid scene recycling. Franz is sleeping somewhere. >_>

Aren't they ALL white now?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby YDV » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Umm yeah. xD;;; Ever since Jeremie rebuilt Lyoko. Or since XANA left.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:11 pm

Since XANA left. They were white in season 3, too.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:02 am

Tangent128 wrote:Since XANA left. They were white in season 3, too.

Indeed. I believe MoonScoop and Ms. Sophie Decroisette even hinted in an interview that there's a higher meaning to the fact that the deactivated towers are now white. ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tekirai » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:59 am

I honestly never noticed before. Rather... I don't remember there being a close-up of a deactivated tower in any other episode which is why I never did. >_> <_< Is Tekirai blind now?
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:20 pm

This episode is a ripoff of one of my favorite movies, Deep Impact. Let me show you why:

Deep Impact had a meteor, one "seven miles long, larger than Mount Everest." It was said that when it it, ash would block out the sun and kill all plant and animal life. However, nukes were implanted in the meteor by astronauts. When the nukes exploded, the asteroid was split in two and was still headed for Earth. The smaller one hit Earth, creating a tsunami that destroyed America's east coast and parts of Europe and Africa. The larger one was deflected by a massive nuclear spaceship blowing up in it. Also, it was a reporter who first found out about it, but was very upset about it at first. She eventually goes te see her father and is hugging him when the massive wave ends her life.

A Hot Shower had a meteor that was said to, if it hit the ocean, create a massive tidal wave that could destroy many major cities. It would also cause the end of all flora (plant) and fauna (animal) life. A military laser (The Sattilite sattilite) shot at the meteor, which broke it up into several (not two, though) pieces. There was a reporter who found out and was incredibly flustered (AKA upset), even freaking out on live TV. Yumi goes to save her brother and his friend (family, like a father), and eventually thinks she is going to die, so she hugs them as she thinks her life is going to end.

I'm sorta paraphrasing, but the point is still there. I give this episode a 7, because it is a blatant rip-off.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:50 pm

That is easily the daftest post I've seen in ages. Because it happens to be a tiny bit similar to a movie it's a rip-off?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:03 pm

>.> Yes...

Actually, I found nearly the entire episode to be very similar, minus the parts in Lyoko and involving XANA. But that's just my opinion.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:10 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Impact_%28film%29

Yes, because except for the nukes and the space shuttle and half the meteorite crashing thus causing Mass Devastation and half the cast dying destroying the other half and if you squint a bit they're exactly the same.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:16 pm

OK... maybe not very similar, but I still see some very key similarities. Excuse me for having an opinion Mr. Go-Out-Of-My-Way-To-Prove-Lyoko422-Wrong.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:19 pm

Don't take it personally. I'll pick fights with anyone. :nyeh!:

Hell, I've picked fight with Rhys before and he's pretty much God around here.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:35 pm

I'm sorry, but he's right. It looks to me like you're <i>trying</i> to find similarities, rather than them being blatant in the open.

Wouldn't, by your standards, <i>all</i> things involving a meteor which had the potential to destroy the Earth be "rip-offs" of Deep Impact?
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:48 pm

No, not necessarily. Does everything with a meteor involve the meteor breaking up, being stopped at the last moment, the government (NASA or whatever agency controls the Sattilite) using hi-tech methods to stop the metor and fail, themes of being close to family for what seems to be the last moment, and one seriously freaked out reporter (not that that's relevant, though)?

I admit that the similarities aren't blatant, perhaps I chose the wrong word. But as I stated above I do see key similarities, perhaps more than just a coincidence. And also, I stated that that's my own, personal opinion whcih I am most certainly entitled to, as you are your own. Now I propose that we get back on topic.

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:52 pm

YDV wrote:Wouldn't, by your standards, all things involving a meteor which had the potential to destroy the Earth be "rip-offs" of Deep Impact?

Nope, they'd be ripoffs of Armageddon :nyeh!:
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:53 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Don't take it personally. I'll pick fights with anyone. :nyeh!:

Hell, I've picked fight with Rhys before and he's pretty much God around here.

You should try me sometime. I ALWAYS win.

Anyways, I'm wondering if the writers were re-using the sattelites to make a referecne to seaon 1, or simply wanted a meteor to crash into Yumi, but needed a way of doing it.

Sometimes, I don't think the writer's like Yumi very much.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:11 am

AngelBolt wrote:Sometimes, I don't think the writer's like Yumi very much.

Or maybe Xana has a crush on her ("I love you so I'm going to keell you"). A possessed Johnny ep ought to be very interesting.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:13 am

Cassius335 wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Sometimes, I don't think the writer's like Yumi very much.

Or maybe Xana has a crush on her ("I love you so I'm going to keell you"). A possessed Johnny ep ought to be very interesting.

:D...

Or maybe, on that note, it's Aelita he's got a crush on. I mean, we have no idea why he wants to take her so badly, right? ^-^

Then again, I don't know if computer viruses are capable of love. It's cute to think about though...
Carth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:23 am

Well, Xana might of advanced himself so much he feels emotions. that would explain something, IMO.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:28 am

Yumi has a lot of suitors, doesn't she? :D

Yumi :kissing: Ulrich
Yumi :cussout2: William
Yumi :cussout: XANA
Yumi :*D Johnny
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:32 am

I think some supervillains are capable of love and/or lust. Take Prince Diamond from Sailor Moon, for example.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:29 pm

I'm here to point out something obvious. That red dot on the sonar was obviously the hub. Right before the Skid reaches the hub, we get to see that on the sonar, the red dot comes closer.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:53 pm

RETURN OF THE SATELITE SUPERLASER!!!

A fun episode, more then anything else. Also reveals that XANA isn't willing to let Aelita die. What more does he want from her?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:41 pm

The episode was pretty good, but it lacked story. 7/10.

Did anyone else notice that in Lyoko when Aelita spread her wings out....they used clips from Double Take? O.o;
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext