Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

S4 Episode 10: Hot Shower

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rate the episode:

10/10 - Perfect airing.
18%
9/10 - Near perfection.
27%
8/10 - Like New York City, it's great to repeat it twice.
21%
7/10 - Pretty good episode. I liked it for what it showed.
15%
6/10 - Not a bad episode. Above the average.
12%
5/10 - Meh...
3%
4/10 - Kinda dissapointing.
3%
3/10 - Poorly done.
No votes
2/10 - I know how Simon Cowell feels like after hearing all those contestants.
No votes
1/10 - This really blows.
No votes
0/10 - I'm done with Code Lyoko.
No votes

Total votes : 33

Postby MewmiC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:25 pm

After rewatching it I have to say that this beat out 'Opening Act' for me. My favorite scene has to be at the end after XANA destroyed the meteor shower. The sparks raining down was the probably the best animation I've seen in the real world. Actually everything that happened on the roof was pretty awesome. Lyoko was as good as ever. Loved the Kankrelat *_* .

Someday Odd's smart mouth is going to get him in some hot water, after that comment to Ulrich about 'getting his rival back' it's bound to happen ;). Still he get's most of the best lines in this episode Yumi's 'Thank you XANA' beating him out.

I'd give it a perfect score but the firewall felt to much like a time sinker and pretty unnecesary plus Johney having a pocket knife seemed way to convenient. 9/10

I do wonder about the blip they found after Jeremie installed that new program. Guess we'll see.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Speaking of nailed...poor Jim as well. ^^; Mrs. Hertz was awesome in this though. (Way to get Mr. Delmas to see some reason. *woots* )

Yeah, leave it to Sue to help get the action going. And like I said before, her new look is sexier than before! Whoo! Love the sweater. But OMG, lose the darn lab coat already! :arg: Jodi did an awesome job voicing Sue here. And Jim was with Sue, so that's good news too. *_*
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:52 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:^^; ...Well, I believe they've pulled an episode "Switch-Around" since this is definitely not the plot that "Don't Jump, Yumi" was supposed to have...however, "Lost At Sea" might be said episode so at least it's only a two-week wait. (As opposed to however long the wait was for "Temptation" *sweatdrops* ).

Makes sense going by the summary.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:41 pm

This episode kinda dissapointed me, it really felt like a filler episode. Cool with the meteor and all... but that's it. Didn't do anything for me! Sorry! Hope it gets better. :)
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:27 am

I know, I know, I'm critical, but I'll try to back it up here:

Hot Shower did a couple of things very right, and most everything else very wrong. This episodes basic A plot, the conflict between XANA and the gang, was played to a T correctly. He was forced to make the villainous version of the 'friend or idol' decision, in this case 'victory or Aelita.' In the end, we've never quite seen characterization of XANA this strong outside of perhaps Ghost Channel, Marabounta, and one or two times where he'd rather give up and try another day than let them kill Aelita to prevent the skiffy from sucking out all the memories. This underlying arc was planned, well executed, and carried the central plot of the show foreword, now we know whatever he needs Aelita for is REALLY important.

Actually if you count William as XANA, the disappointed head shaking no is great characterization for him too. I have to say, silly scout kankrelats are also fun.

That said, the rest of the ep. was disappointing. Yumi's B arc with the kids started as annoying and ended as futile, albeit with some interesting 'I didn't know thats' and 'Hey, the staff isn't entirely useless' moments. Think about the A plot for a moment and you'll notice all Yumi's efforts were ultimately for nothing as they had to force XANA into killing the meteor instead of doing it themselves. Mainly what we're left with from this whole side arc was .... Hiroki can pick locks and Yumi can't hide things in her room anymore (I actually wonder, based on Lost at Sea spoilers which I won't repeat, if this comes back as a sort of plot point, which would make this arc actually useful for something.)

Then the physics behind the attack got laughably bad and distracted me from giving it the willing suspension of disbelief needed for it to be enjoyable. "Laser chances the course of asteroid." There are too many things wrong in that statement for me to even start on. It would have been more plausible for XANA just to grab the thing with a giant specter. Seriously.

Then of course I noticed the annoying, way too knowledgeable newscaster (this just in, government has killsats aimed at your house RIGHT NOW!) (APRIL FOOLS LOLS~) which Jeremie had no reason to even be watching in the first place as they didn't know or expect an attack yet.

Heck, at least they tried to disguise their exposition I guess, but it integrally weakened what could have been a pretty strong episode and piece of the overreaching arc too.

I'll sigh and give this a 6/10 because at least it tried to be important instead of the completely filler and almost as silly attack last week.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby ginolyoko12 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:39 am

Excellent episode!
It really kept me at the edge of seat!

I cant wait for what is in store for us CL fans!
My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Reesane » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:56 am

All I can say right now is: "XANA's aim has improved over last time."
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:35 am

My impressions of the episode:

- Yumi was great overall. She got a lot of different facial expressions, and the dissheveled hair was a good touch. She had the best lines of the episode (with one exception, noted later), and her brother and his friend were not the all-around annoyances they usually are.

- I am glad that the gang (Jeremie specifically) out-thought rather than out-fought XANA. No deactivating a tower ro even many monster deaths. And William/XANA diving after the devirtualized Aelita was comical though it shouldn't have been.

- There were a couple of lines I loved in the episode. One was Yumi's last one about locking the door. And Odd, somehwere in the episode, said probably the most pervert-able line I've heard out of him - "You've got a great pair of body parts." He said this to Aelita in terms of distracting XANA, and while I'm not 100% certain of the exact wording, and I'm sure he meant her eyes, it could be taken other ways, too. And that made me actually laugh at CL for the first time in a while.

- Overall, it's a 7/10, though, for rehashing old episode elements and too much Hiroki.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:10 am

Yeah. Hiroki is a great character, and Barbara does a sweet job voicing him ( :) ), but he was just in this one too much.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:35 am

It was nice to hear the "Deus ex Machina" (whenever some outside force acts, it plays.) theme again.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:49 am

I really liked this episode, But admittedly, that plot at the end was a tad confuzing. But it felt weird not having an intro, and just going straight to Lyoko. You can pick up very carefully that there was a lot more planned for this episode, but they were constrained by time.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Johnny and Hiroki should have a talk with the principle about weapons in school?
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:28 pm

Or that everyone in school is a lockpick?

Postby YDV » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:15 pm

Oh, you know those prestigious academies these days. Everyone's a crook. :B

Anyway GUESS WHO FINALLY SAW IT 8D

It was pretty good, I think. I thought the news flash was incredibly hilarious xDDD;; It was like D8 *government cover-up*

Ummm. Bad Jeremie. Hacking into military satellites. Bad. :B (Also it miffed me that he said "Department of Defense." BOO AMERICANIZATION >O)

I think either XANA is just REALLY good or it's wayy too convenient that meteorites from a destroyed comet just HAPPEN to fall on France, and just HAPPEN to fall on Paris. xD;

Uh uh uh. Oh, I thought it was sweet (kind of xD;) of Yumi to go get her brother before heading to Lyoko (which proved important to the plot >>)

Oh, and ummm. It's getting kind of repetitive. 8< Go to Lyoko for some reason, fight monsters, out pops Xanaliam, he attacks, they fight, someone wins. But I thought it was really cool that they decided to give in like that. Shows the show's growing up a little bit. :O

Ummm yay? :D Sorry all you horny boys, Hot Shower was <i>not</i> about Yumi taking her clothes off. >/
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:45 pm

YDV wrote:Sorry all you horny boys, Hot Shower was <i>not</i> about Yumi taking her clothes off.

I think most of us figured that out first thing.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:23 pm

Hey! There are fewer than a billion replies... you waited for me!

(sniff)... you shouldn't have...

Ahem! I adored this episode. Maybe it was just that I had missed watching new CL during the whole Ben 10 movie week, but my heart was beating with love and excitement at seeing all our wonderful friends again. (don't judge me...) Xana sure does like that satellite, doesn't he? I was very glad to see it again after such a long time, and the meteor was probably the most destructive thing Xana has ever played with.

I felt that it was very irresponsible of Jeremie to tell Yumi to stay at the school when there was a meteor about to hit... I know they were doing something that was important, but I would personally be much more concerned for the life of my friend. I guess I have never been in such a situation, so I can't judge. It was a lot of fun to see Hiroki (spelling?) and Johnny get a more important part, and poor Yumi looked so upset that I wanted to walk right into the screen and give her a big cuddle. I didn't think the April Fools thing was so bad... sure, nobody would have bought it, but was it really so detestable? In other news, Aelita was particularly adorable in this episode. As for Mrs. Hertz's new outfit, I honestly didn't notice.

But I didn't understand the ending at all. Xana wanted to destroy the super computer and capture Aelita. She was de-virtualized at the end and so he couldn't get to her anymore, but was the only reason he called back the attack because if he destroyed the factory Aelita would go with it? ...I guess that makes sense. I didn't get it at first... I think.

...and stonecreek, it was BODYGUARDS, not BODY PARTS!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:37 pm

Planet Cool wrote:Hey! There are fewer than a billion replies... you waited for me!

(sniff)... you shouldn't have...

Ahem! I adored this episode. Maybe it was just that I had missed watching new CL during the whole Ben 10 movie week, but my heart was beating with love and excitement at seeing all our wonderful friends again. (don't judge me...) Xana sure does like that satellite, doesn't he? I was very glad to see it again after such a long time, and the meteor was probably the most destructive thing Xana has ever played with.

I felt that it was very irresponsible of Jeremie to tell Yumi to stay at the school when there was a meteor about to hit... I know they were doing something that was important, but I would personally be much more concerned for the life of my friend. I guess I have never been in such a situation, so I can't judge. It was a lot of fun to see Hiroki (spelling?) and Johnny get a more important part, and poor Yumi looked so upset that I wanted to walk right into the screen and give her a big cuddle. I didn't think the April Fools thing was so bad... sure, nobody would have bought it, but was it really so detestable? In other news, Aelita was particularly adorable in this episode. As for Mrs. Hertz's new outfit, I honestly didn't notice.

But I didn't understand the ending at all. Xana wanted to destroy the super computer and capture Aelita. She was de-virtualized at the end and so he couldn't get to her anymore, but was the only reason he called back the attack because if he destroyed the factory Aelita would go with it? ...I guess that makes sense. I didn't get it at first... I think.

...and stonecreek, it was BODYGUARDS, not BODY PARTS!

Knew I heard that wrong...but imagine if it was the way I heard it. The hilarity! I might have to do a caption of that frame with Odd saying that some time soon.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Kamekai » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:42 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:That newswoman isn't exactly good at her job is she?

Create panic and chaos or BS them with an April Fool's joke. Actually, the April Fool's joke is a low blow for the show.

Whoever wrote that line should get fined for that.

Did anyone else notice her hide her cleavage near the end of the newscast? :S

Goddarnit, I could write the perfect review for the ep, if I didn't have a load of crap on my mind right now... :whatever:
Here's what I will write:

It was like the recent new episodes of spongebob. This episode lost it's luster as soon as they said meteorite, (durrr- What will happen with the big laser?[/nicholas/mencia voice]) but it did have it's key points. The Jim scenes were hilarious as can be, Xana had to make a sacrifice (again (Marabounta))nearly no fighting, more story based, even though it was a filler. My god, Ulrich's moves were flawless. You saw how he was blocking those shots? I would turn gay just to know his secret! (erm... *coughcough* not really, forget I said that...)

I have a few humorous screencaps from this ep to share with you guys later. Oh Boy! =D

Question: Did Sharron voice the newscaster? :P

Yeah, if not for the filler, 6/10.
Last edited by Kamekai on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Then of course I noticed the annoying, way too knowledgeable newscaster (this just in, government has killsats aimed at your house RIGHT NOW!) (APRIL FOOLS LOLS~) which Jeremie had no reason to even be watching in the first place as they didn't know or expect an attack yet.

Maybe Jer was interested by the comet.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 pm

Kamekai, how can you tell if an episode is a filler or not? Unlike Naruto, where you can tell if a filler is happening or not becaus the storyline plot is clear, you can't tell until you know the entire story.

Though, it would be a little clearer if it was like Ghost in the Shell, where it tells you right on the starting screen...

Postby Kamekai » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:43 pm

It might not be a filler, whence I will change my post. I assume it is, though. :shrug:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Well, it certainly raises the flag on what's XANA's motive for this season, and what does he want Aelita for, enough that he'll call of the Tarantulas when he has the warriors cornered over the digital sea.

Postby Carth » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:06 am

...well, after just seeing the episode, I have to say...PHEW.

This episode was a leg up from the last few we've had. It almost equals Skidbladnir on my list. Of course, Skid had the element of insane suspense going, while this here was just...I dunno. I liked it for some reason.

Spiritual essence of William. I WAS RIGHT- That is completely XANA acting in ol' Willie's body. He just went an' chucked his essence somewhere, and ran off with his body. You don't know how happy this makes this little XANA fangirl. ^-^ Though I really do wonder whose that was- and who they could've saved before ol' XANA had to show up. Willie, Franz...or someone else. DUN DUN DUN DUUUN...*hit with brick*

I feel for Yumi. Little kids are only really cute until they're seven years old. Then they start thinking for themselves and they're all AAAAARGH -_-. But I love Hiroki. The Asians are just inherently more cute than us.

Meteors. I knew what 'Hot Shower' meant as soon as I saw that. And it appears this ep is NOT Don't Jump Yumi...I really want to see that one. I really do. And for some reason, as soon as they started talking about the military, I thought of Armageddon. That wouldv'e been a good name for the ep too. I for one thought that the newslady's coverup was stupid, but funny.

Jim is killer in this episode. So's Suzanne. "Pedro". Pedro. BWAHAHAHAHA ahem.

Now, the Lyoko battle. S4 debut of the KANKRELATS. God, I love those stupid little beings. I want one for a pet. I want to name it Echiboo. And Ulrich flying through the air- it reminded me of the flying strawberries from Teen Titans. And it was just as funny.

Smart little children! Wow.

Pair of excellent bodyguards, eh? I have a feeling they said something else in the French. Either that, or it's a double entendre. "Pair"...hee hee hee...

Now for Xanliam. XANLIAM. I loved how he was just standing there and smirking while the Tarantulas were fighting. He was just all- "i'm good. i'm good." But I think it was very odd, though strangely good of him to just abandon a plan like that. Makes me wonder what he wants Aelita for. I mean, he got her keys, he used her to destroy the sectors, NOW what does he want?

9/10 for me. One point off because no episode is perfect. Oh, and for Double Take reuse. They were going without reuse for so long...and then they had to do that. -_-

Things I'm hoping for later on- WHY Aelita is so important to XANA, a new earth outfit for William if he ever gets his butt out of the supercompy, and...did I detect some UxY? I think I did!
Carth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:16 am

UxY? Where?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:28 am

It was very, very, very sparse. Odd said something about William being 'Ulrich's rival', and then Hiroki asked if Yumi'd had a fight with Ulrich...is that UxY, i dunno...
Carth offline

PreviousNext