Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

S4 Episode 10: Hot Shower

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rate the episode:

10/10 - Perfect airing.
18%
9/10 - Near perfection.
27%
8/10 - Like New York City, it's great to repeat it twice.
21%
7/10 - Pretty good episode. I liked it for what it showed.
15%
6/10 - Not a bad episode. Above the average.
12%
5/10 - Meh...
3%
4/10 - Kinda dissapointing.
3%
3/10 - Poorly done.
No votes
2/10 - I know how Simon Cowell feels like after hearing all those contestants.
No votes
1/10 - This really blows.
No votes
0/10 - I'm done with Code Lyoko.
No votes

Total votes : 33

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:06 am

I noticed that as well. Stupid reused scenes. :whatever:

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby yumi_yemimah » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:19 pm

I rated this episode 9/10 . 8)
I really liked the meteor shower idea and this was one of my fav Code Lyoko episodes.
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby Tekirai » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm

Cassius335 wrote:A possessed Johnny ep ought to be very interesting.

I have one thing to say to Moonscoop.

DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITBEFORETEKIRAIFANFICSAGOODIDEAAGAINDOITDOIT.

And lol @ April Fish. (This is ontopic.)
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:45 pm

The one thing that I can't stand is not only did Jim call Yumi by her last name ( :wag: ), he was making a racist comment against the Japanese.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jaimehlers » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:53 pm

Rated this one 9/10.

First off, I can see why Jeremie would be watching the news; after all, they were announcing stuff about this comet (even if only a bit), and Jeremie has always been a science geek. Plus, if he knows XANA has taken over a tower, but doesn't immediately know where it's at, the news is as good a place to check as any, since presumably any strange happenings will get reported there (as happened this time).

As far as Yumi's efforts go, sure they ended up futile. But they still had to make the effort; it's not like Jeremie could just say "oh, XANA's too good, don't bother doing anything". And in a RTTP, isn't it always the case that whatever was happening in the real world ends up being totally futile? I mean, there were several occasions where Sissi ended up being really heroic in Season 1, that were erased thanks to a (necessary) RTTP. I wouldn't say they were wasted, though, since it tells both the kids and the viewers that Sissi's really not a bad person when the chips are down. This time, we learned that Hiroki and his friend are pretty useful in their own ways.

I also don't find it unrealistic that a laser could be used to change the course of a stellar object such as an asteroid or comet. I mean, the comet would have a certain amount of inertia (momentum * mass) which is also being affected by Earth's gravity in a certain way. If a portion of that mass is suddenly vaporized and turned to energy, then suddenly you have a lot less inertia to affect the remaining mass, causing it to be more affected by gravity.

It's also possible, if not likely, that the mere act of vaporizing part of the comet would have changed its trajectory. E = mc^2, after all, and even though a lot of that energy would be lost as heat, I believe at least a portion of it would be translated to motion in the remaining chunks of the comet. Apply enough motion energy to them, and sure enough, they'd change course, especially with Earth's gravity acting on them.

It is a little unrealistic that they would manage to impact exactly where XANA wanted them to, but I think we can safely assume two things. First, that XANA, being a rampant program with access to multiple supercomputers, would be able to calculate the likely effects of shooting a laser at a comet, enough to even figure out roughly where they'd land based on when the comet was hit. I mean, even in the real world, we have supercomputers that can calculate pi to 1.24 trillion digits...and the Lyoko world has supercomputers that can create real virtual worlds, can have dramatic effects on reality through those virtual worlds, and can even effect a RTTP. And that's leads to the second thing - if people can suspend their disbelief regarding RTTPs and other such things, why can't they do it for changing the course of a comet with a laser?

I do agree that the news reporter was pretty lame. Did she forget so soon that she had already spilled the beans regarding the existence of military satellites? Not to mention that the chances of these satellites being divulged to a news organization are not exactly large to begin with. If they were supposed to be secret, chances are she wouldn't have been allowed to mention them in the first place, and all that confused talk later on would just have been silly. It did accomplish its purpose, though, which was to let the viewers know that there were military satellites capable of such things, but it would not have been difficult to come up with a different way of doing things that was a little more believable.

As far as the climax of the episode goes, they gave XANA a rather clever Hobson's choice. Blow up the factory and win, but kill Aelita in the process, screwing over whatever XANA's intentions for her in the virtual world were, or blow up the meteor himself and try again another day. Though technically, that's not really a Hobson's choice, because a true Hobson's choice is no choice at all. It's what the modern usage is, though, so it's a minor but interesting nitpick.

Anyway, like I said, overall this was a good episode and the Kankrelot was indeed funny. And yes, it was better than several of the other recent episodes, though that's relative, since I'm liking Season 4 quite a bit overall.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Taelia wrote:The one thing that I can't stand is not only did Jim call Yumi by her last name ( :wag: ), he was making a racist comment against the Japanese.

Actually, in Japan, it is considered bad manners to call someone by their first name unless they have given you consent to do so, so Jim calling Yumi by her last name would actually be a show of respect in Japanese culture (especially considering Jim would be an "elder" in relation to Yumi ).

...Secondly...when on earth did he make a racist comment against the Japanese? ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:17 pm

How does Jim calling Yumi by her last name is something wrong? Most teachers around the world call their students by their last name.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:05 pm

Actually, most of my teachers call me by my first name except my PE teachers.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:07 pm

The teachers I knew around school and university: 50-50 between calling students by their first name or by the last name. It's a split thing...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:29 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:...Secondly...when on earth did he make a racist comment against the Japanese? ^^;

Jim said that eating raw fish was bad for Yumi, implying that she is delusional when talking about the meteor. I don't think that's racist at all. It would not have been unless he had implied that Yumi's race is inferior.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:42 pm

The news reporter in this episode is hot like heck. Who agrees?

kamekai wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:That newswoman isn't exactly good at her job is she?

Create panic and chaos or BS them with an April Fool's joke. Actually, the April Fool's joke is a low blow for the show.

Whoever wrote that line should get fined for that.

Did anyone else notice her hide her cleavage near the end of the newscast?

I am first to say yeah. Must've been sweaty from panicking.

Posts merged by Mewberries151: Please don't double post. Use the "Edit" button instead. Thank you! ^^

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Coughdoublepostcough.

Is it just me or did the Satelite's laser effect sound like a megatank?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Previous