Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 am

S4 Episode 8: Replika

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

A pale reflection of CL to date? Yes or No?

This Replica surpasses the original in all respects! 10/10
14%
Replika? Replica? Who cares - it's still awesome! 9/10
24%
Aside from the cracks in the varnish an excellent representation! 8/10
27%
Delicate brush-strokes are the key to a good copy XANA :P 7/10
14%
It's like that anime rip-off of the Powerpuff Girls, so-so 6/10
10%
The immortal 'Meh' (shrug) 5/10
6%
A better replica would be found by trying to send Lyoko through a fax machine (warning, may crash server) 4/10
No votes
A sham, a travesty, a blot on our fair Lyoko 3/10
No votes
Enough of this s**t, where's those racing stripes for the Skid!? 2/10
No votes
Going-going-gone! Sold for two pieces of pocket-lint and a used toffee! 1/10
No votes
BURN IT! 0/10
4%

Total votes : 49

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 pm

TB3 wrote:
Writing_Addict wrote:
TB3 wrote:
"BWAHAHA! I'M JEREMIE BELPOIS! I HAVE THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMPUTER! I MUST DESTROY THE COMPETITION! NO-ONE CAN HAVE A HIGHER BITRATE THAN ME, NO-ONE! BWAHAHHAHA!"

---

Just a question, how much sugar have you had TB3? :*D

Umm, none today as far as I know - I had some cheese and cranberry jelly earlier, but that's it (oh wait, I had chocolate a few hours ago :P )

BWAHAHAHAHAHA ahem.

Generally, an okay episode for me. I was ROFLing at the argument between Odd and Aelita (although looking back, it's Odd's fault) and even more at the kiss (which to me did not look very enthused). OddxAelita. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace? *brickd* Still, yeah, there is the incest notion for the rest of the school. God, Milly and Tamiya would have a freaking FIELD DAY with that.

But there was a bit of JxA to save the day. "Open mind", heh heh. I am really not liking Jeremie lately. He's turning into a selfish git. I love that word so much. Git git git...

I really, really like Nicolas's new outfit. Which is kinda bad, cause he's supposed to be this dork. Now, he looks like he actually takes showers. And he's lost the short shorts. Aww. I still like Herb's outfit- it fits him well. A highlight of the episode was watching them bumble around in the factory. God, they're idiots.

FISHING.

I really liked when they were going through the circle thingy. I was like OOOOO TRIPPY LIGHTS and then there was nothing. Yay.

Oh, best part of the episode for me. "Hello, handsome!" or something like that, Odd to Xanliam. 0_0 :D

Well, overall, nice intro to the Replikas and such. I am REALLY looking forward to next week's, though, and even moreso to the week after's. Those titles...they're just too good.

Still, I give this an 8.
Carth offline

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 pm

Jeremie: (to Odd and Aelita) "Why don't you kiss and makeup?"

Guess he regretted saying that, huh? Anyway, I don't think Jeremie and Aelita will make much of that kiss. Also, I'm wondering if the writers forgot that Odd and Aelita were supposed to be cousins or if that was an intentional move.
Last edited by Ghost Guest on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 pm

"Hello, handsome"? :rofl:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:08 pm

Taelia wrote:"Hello, handsome"? :rofl:

It wasn't exactly that. But it was something involving Odd, Xanliam and the word 'handsome'.

And how. *_*
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:20 pm

I wanna see some love shapes.

Love triangles, love squares, I don't care!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:25 pm

love dodecahedron's, even... :*D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MewmiC » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:29 pm

Return of megatanks, and Aelita uses her Creativity for the first time in like...ever. I like Nicholas' new outfit it makes him look smarter, and he apparently likes fishing. Wonder if XANA's gonna activate towers on the Replika's that'll give the warriors more trouble as they'd have to go from Lyoko to the Network and then to the Replika's.

Overall I liked the episode, but I swear Williams getting weaker with each fight. He went from big threat to almost minor nuesance in two episodes. :arg:

I guess I'll give it an 8/10. Now where are those Hornets?
Last edited by MewmiC on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:40 pm

no imagination wrote:Jeremie: (to Odd and Aelita) "Why don't you kiss and makeup?"

Guess he regretted saying that, huh? Anyway, I don't think Jeremie and Aelita will make much of that kiss. Also, I'm wondering if the writers forgot that Odd and Aelita were supposed to be cousins or if that was an intentional move.

I doubt they forgot that Odd and Aelita were "cousins". No one seems to believe Herb and Nicholas that those two were dating, not even Sissi (who's always looking for juicy gossip). This might be simply be because everyone knows Odd and Aelita are "cousins" and wouldn't be dating.

Carth wrote:

It wasn't exactly that. But it was something involving Odd, Xanliam and the word 'handsome'.

And how. *_*

XD I swear the first time he said that, I thought he said, "Hello, Ansem." :*D

Ooo, some things I totally forgot about. X) Jeremie leading Herb and Nicholas on a wild goose chase around the Factory and the Sewers was absolutely priceless. I particularly loved how he started it off...by smiling and dropping a metal pipe on the ground. xD

And another cool thing we learn...Yumi can pilot the Skid! :D Granted it's with Jeremie's help but, go Yumi! ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:58 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
no imagination wrote:Jeremie: (to Odd and Aelita) "Why don't you kiss and makeup?"

I doubt they forgot that Odd and Aelita were "cousins". No one seems to believe Herb and Nicholas that those two were dating, not even Sissi (who's always looking for juicy gossip). This might be simply be because everyone knows Odd and Aelita are "cousins" and wouldn't be dating.]

Well, by forget I mean that since that the episodes aren't always written by the same people, perhaps the ones in charge of this one weren't aware of that or it escaped them... I don't know, it's just a guess. And the reason no one believed them seemed to be that Odd and Aelita were fighting too much and no one could see them as a couple (even though by the end they were just pretending to be mad at each other). But you know, maybe that was just to further support the idea that Herve and Nicholas were lying and the main reason nobody believed them is that Odd and Aelita are "cousins".
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:25 pm

kamekai wrote:I'm personally looking forward to either zex or MY85's well thought-out reviews.

I'd review, but I swear I forgot to watch CL today. I think I'll watch this later when it gets uploaded on Youtube or something.

From the looks of things, this episode sounds like decent at best.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:46 pm

There will be NO living down the OddXAelita people on FF.net for a while...

I mean no disrespect towards them, as I know some people here are OXA, but... I personally find it annoying. And now they have a distinct advantage in their arguments...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:28 am

Carth wrote:

And how. *_*

Rewatching Replika now, and it just passed that part. It's "Uh-oh, the Skid's done for if handsome gets his hands on it."

And by the way, I for one loved the "honeycomb" structure of the shield xD ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:23 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:
kamekai wrote:I'm personally looking forward to either zex or MY85's well thought-out reviews.

I'd review, but I swear I forgot to watch CL today. I think I'll watch this later when it gets uploaded on Youtube or something.

Yeah, same here. Except I didn't forget. I just don't have cable ;__; . Sucks being poor. I wonder if that's why I hate the Man so much? Hmmm...
:hello: Thanks for the compliment, Kamekai. It's nice to know people appreciate my yammering. I'll be back later when I've seen it on Youtube. Cheerio!
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:24 am

Oh, thank you so MUCH for clarifying that for me.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby sylentnyte » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:00 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
"Hello, Ansem."

Mew, me thinks you are watching too much Disney. XD

As for me, time to put my long over due 2 cents in...which would technically make that about..ehh..$22 by now, plus interest.
Xana seems to have a new hobby, making counterfit versions of Lyoko...why? I can only make the guess that he's either bored out of his skull, or is dabbling in virtual real estate again (ex. Ghost Channel anyone?). I don't blame him. At least he's doing something construtive with his free time.

Jeremie proves to us once again that he can use both his mind and body. I was beginning to think he was becoming a clone of Charles Xavier. His reaction to Odd's idea was priceless. Mr. Pouty face :D. Odd and Aelita kiss was cute, I don't support the couple, but it was cute. I can only hope we see some YxU shipping of that sort in the future. I'm doubting it though.

Highlights of the episode:
1. Yumi and Ulrich pull a 'Daphne and Fred'
2. William's "Oh crud" face.
3. Herve's "moonlight" line got the song 'Tiptoe through the tulips' stuck in my head...

Annnd that's all she wrote folks.
I'm a XanaxJeremie shipper.
sylentnyte offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:09 am

I liked the episode alright. Herve and Nicholas really stole the show this time around, fromt he awkward date-thingy that almost was, to the bumbling aroudn the factory, they made me lose focus on what the Lyoko gang was doing. Except for Odd and Aelita, which was comedy gold. Two of the characters should be bickering in every episode if the dialogue is this funny.

The glaring problem with this episode (and it will probably carry over into the rest of the season) is that Aelita is too uber-powerful. From her Energy Field shots that rarely (if ever) miss, it has expanded into larger shots, wings, and now a massive shield that can withstand some brutal punishment. I mean, the wings are already highlighting the Messiah nature of her character as the savior of Lyoko, but also giving her a boatload of powers besides her singing/territory manipulation seems overkill.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:15 am

I wanna wring Odd's little neck....
but....
THey're supposed to be cousins....EW!! o.O I"m disgusted and confused....and feel VERY sorry for Jeremie....
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Arcangel613 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:22 am

sylentnyte wrote:1. Yumi and Ulrich pull a 'Daphne and Fred'

That was one of the first things that came to mind when they just kinda ran off together in the replika, and if thats the case then Aelita can be velma and Odd and Kiwi can be Shaggy and scooby. Which is kinda funny when you think about it cause it sorta matches their personalities...sorta.

...Anyway steering back on topic...

I just rewatched the episode (cause I dvr'd it) and I noticed a few things I didn't see the first time around

1.odds expressions for one, were very amusing.

2.Williams look of fear and escape can be very amusing to watch when you can play and rewind that same scene over and over again, just because its funny to watch "hansome" run away.

3.Does any body but me find it funny that the guys are constantly teasing william. Odd and Ulrich always refer to him as pretty boy or hansome (and lets not forget lemon!)

4.I am now calling Ulrich safety officer Stern, "speeding is dangerous". With the way he drives that overbike maybe he should take a leaf out of his own book.

4.Nicholas' clothes look awsome on him and his love for fishing is something I can relate to (love to fish and Hunt!)

5.Aelita and Odd's insults are very childish. Then again this is a show for kids so I probably shouldn't expect anything graphic.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:00 pm

Teasing, eh? Hah hah. If any one of the group ever calls Xanliam 'bubblebutt', I will love that moment forever and always. Imnotcrazy. *shifty eyes*

For some reason, now that I think of it...Nicolas...longish hair...fishing...torn jeans...white shirt with a vest...he reminds me of a redneck. XD
Carth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:03 pm

Oh my gosh you're right! About the redneck thing, that is.

I loved how Sissi slapped Herve. WHAP! Heehee. XD

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Boss Tamsy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:27 pm

I missed half of it. What exactly were Odd and Aelita fighting about in the firsty place
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Uh, its a spoiler so I shall make it small.

Okay, Odd played video games late into the night and asked Aelita to cover for him. She told Jim he was in the infirmary but Jim hurt his back and went there himself. Guess who wasn't there. Aelita and Odd recieved detention and Odd blamed Aelita.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Boss Tamsy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:46 pm

So that's what happened. How mean of Odd to blame Aelita! :arg:
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:23 pm

I'll say! I mean, First he plays a stupid handheld 'til 3:00 and then is surprised by the fact that he needs to sleep! :grr:

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:56 pm

Raven_613 wrote:
sylentnyte wrote:1. Yumi and Ulrich pull a 'Daphne and Fred'

That was one of the first things that came to mind when they just kinda ran off together in the replika, and if thats the case then Aelita can be velma and Odd and Kiwi can be Shaggy and scooby. Which is kinda funny when you think about it cause it sorta matches their personalities...sorta.

So William's Scrappy? Overzealous, then evil...
The Skid's the Mystery Machine...
Who's Jeremie?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext