Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm

S4 Episode 8: Replika

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

A pale reflection of CL to date? Yes or No?

This Replica surpasses the original in all respects! 10/10
14%
Replika? Replica? Who cares - it's still awesome! 9/10
24%
Aside from the cracks in the varnish an excellent representation! 8/10
27%
Delicate brush-strokes are the key to a good copy XANA :P 7/10
14%
It's like that anime rip-off of the Powerpuff Girls, so-so 6/10
10%
The immortal 'Meh' (shrug) 5/10
6%
A better replica would be found by trying to send Lyoko through a fax machine (warning, may crash server) 4/10
No votes
A sham, a travesty, a blot on our fair Lyoko 3/10
No votes
Enough of this s**t, where's those racing stripes for the Skid!? 2/10
No votes
Going-going-gone! Sold for two pieces of pocket-lint and a used toffee! 1/10
No votes
BURN IT! 0/10
4%

Total votes : 49

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:05 pm

just some guy that enjoys coca-cola.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:19 pm

Stonecreek wrote:The glaring problem with this episode (and it will probably carry over into the rest of the season) is that Aelita is too uber-powerful. From her Energy Field shots that rarely (if ever) miss, it has expanded into larger shots, wings, and now a massive shield that can withstand some brutal punishment. I mean, the wings are already highlighting the Messiah nature of her character as the savior of Lyoko, but also giving her a boatload of powers besides her singing/territory manipulation seems overkill.

Personally, I'm running with the theory that the giant honeycomb shield (as I call it) is what happens when she uses her territory manipulation in the Forest region. We've seen her do giant shields before: both in the Ice sector, and the Desert. And judging by her actions beforehand, that was the territory manipulation rather than anything independent. Who knows? Maybe that's what happens for the Forest; a honeycomb is a "nature" shape anyway (beehives anyone? xD ).
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:21 pm

I agree- I heard the telltale singing before it went up. Though it didn't look much like the Forest- it was orange, for one thing. A...Guardian? *laughs hysterically*
Carth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:22 pm

Wow, that's a good idea. I, I hadn't thought about that....

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby sylentnyte » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:21 pm

Tangent128 wrote:So William's Scrappy? Overzealous, then evil...
The Skid's the Mystery Machine...
Who's Jeremie?

Old man Jenkins prehaps? XD
Nah, that would fit Franz Hopper more...*ponders*
I'm a XanaxJeremie shipper.
sylentnyte offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TB3 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:57 pm

sylentnyte wrote:
Tangent128 wrote:So William's Scrappy? Overzealous, then evil...
Who's Jeremie?

Old man Jenkins prehaps? XD
Nah, that would fit Franz Hopper more...*ponders*

(rolls on floor laughing, wipes tears from eyes)

Oh man, you guys crack me up! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:00 pm

I'd say Jeremie is more Daphne than Aelita. But what about Battle Angel Aelita? I can't think of any other Scooby characters.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:08 pm

It's 'Alita', actually. But who cares. :D I love that series so much. Aelita's Alita, obviously...Daisuke is Jeremie to a T... Hugo could be like Odd...and I haven't read any farther than the first two books.

Wee, we're getting off-topic.
Carth offline

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Isn't it fun? Yeah, I know it's spelled "Alita", but it was a joke. :) Jeremie is also a lot like Mr. Universe from Serenity. "News? There is no news. Only the truth of the signal." Sorry. Back on the topic of episode discussion. I'm gonna go look for it now on Youtube. *hops out of chair, runs out the door, gets in car and drives away*
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Teklinks has it on Lyoko on Demand, and it has a good buffer rate. didn't once pause on me :D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:31 pm

*runs back in, plops down into chair* Mmmm comfy chair. Okay, thanks Kamekai, I'll head over there and check it out. It was about time I registered at Teklinks anyways. I couldn't find it on youtube, but I did find this: Code Lyoko: OWA Who's the world's biggest bad*ss? Zechs, Sephiroth, Smith, Megatron? No. It's... Jeremie? I'm laughing my head off at how well this song fits the scenes. :*D
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:56 pm

not a bad vid.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:25 pm

I love Herve screaming and saying "I'M AFRAID OF HEIGHTS!!". But how can THAT be if he climbed the rock wall in gym class once? O_o
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ambitiouslove » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:32 pm

I forgot that Odd and Aelita were supposed to be cousins, but... seems like the show forgot about that, too, maybe lol
Jeremie looked so annoyed at Odd's secret plan. I thought that was pretty funny xD
I really like how Aelita's attitude came out in this episode. She sounds so... haughty princess-like when she's angry ;)
Hmm... I don't really think that Aelita is too strong or overpowered. I think she has to be since she seems like the weakest (defense-wise) of the bunch. Plus she went awhile in the series not having ANYthing... I think she kind of deserves a bit of power.. and apparently Jeremie thinks so too, since he's helping code everything for her lol
I voted 9/10 because we got to see Aelita in a different light, and I really liked that.
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

..*Foming at the mouth.*

Postby Aurabolt » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:56 pm

*Takes deep breaths* Relax, Aura. Jeremie's hypothetically gotten more kisses, and one kiss doesn't change that....after all, Odd is gay by all twists of the imagination. This kiss means nothing. Hell, most of Season 4 revolves around J/A....Everything is fine...

Moonscoop is at strike one. Let's hope they don't go strike two and three. Overall, good action scenes and pro-Jeremie acting, but the thing I'd rather not talk about at the moment is the real issue here. If it comes up again, I think I know of several people including myself who will boycott the show, exactly like how I plan to burn a copy of HP Book 7 for the same reason.

Overall, a 6/10. Good in places, not good in specific others....I seriously hope Jeremie is ok with what happened. I wouldn't be in his shoes, although I wouldn't say anything either.
I am not a bodybulider! Sabin; FF6.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?
Jeremie: *Gibberish*
Odd: That's what I thought....(Go away Odd! Jeremie doesn't need your help!)

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:54 pm

Stonecreek wrote:The glaring problem with this episode (and it will probably carry over into the rest of the season) is that Aelita is too uber-powerful.

So how long did it took for you to see Aelita's Lyoko powers are pretty much overkill? The wings crossed the line for me. It's not that she sucks as a warrior, but too much of Aelita kicking *ss is a bit sickening.

Aurabolt wrote:Moonscoop is at strike one.

Nope, they already had the first strike with Season 3. Regardless of the number of episodes, the season was quite sucky.

Question: Did they treated William like garbage in this episode or not?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:49 pm

One day and all these replies? Bah! Next time, be nice and wait for me to show up, won't you now! But anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. One of the best so far, and gets a 10/10 from me. But it did kind of bite me that Odd and Aelita have been pretending to be cousins, and then Herb and Nicolas catch them smooching and don't think it's weird at all... do you think the writers momentarily forgot about the cousin charade, since it hasn't been mentioned in such a while, or is this taken to be one of those Edgar Allan Poe situations? Anyway, I guess since we know Odd and Aelita are not related, we shouldn't really care much about that. Doesn't take away from the glory of the eppie.

You know, I'm starting to get used to Aelita's "conservative" dress...

May the heavens spare my soul...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:15 pm

yeah, I'm gettin around with it, too. But Jeremie's striped pants? still no.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:20 pm

It's good, but it leads up to translation and somebody's going to find out about Lyoko and Jeremy can't stop them (unless he uses RTTP, that big jerk. What's wrong with extracting Aelita from Lyoko? Why did the want her? What's wrong with Lyoko?). My guess is basically Nicholas or Jim Morales.

Overall score: 10/10 (I'm a part-time OxA fan, but mainly a WxA and NxA fan)
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:21 pm

NxA.

That's a new one for me. :umm:
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:30 pm

kamekai wrote:NxA.

That's a new one for me. :umm:

That's my other pairing that I'm going to write in my sequel fanfiction.

(slaps self, then writes)
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Arcangel613 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Tangent128 wrote:
Raven_613 wrote:
sylentnyte wrote:1. Yumi and Ulrich pull a 'Daphne and Fred'

That was one of the first things that came to mind when they just kinda ran off together in the replika, and if thats the case then Aelita can be velma and Odd and Kiwi can be Shaggy and scooby. Which is kinda funny when you think about it cause it sorta matches their personalities...sorta.

So William's Scrappy? Overzealous, then evil...
Who's Jeremie?

If your a fan of the live action scooby Doo movie (the first one) Jer can be that guy that Velma dated and then was never mentioned again in the second movie cause she found a new boy toy and...Ya know, now that I think about it, Velma's a bit of a playa aien't she?
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 pm

[take my rant as you will, I've always been one of the more critical reviewers around these parts]

Replika suffers, like many Lyoko episodes with promiseing titles and concepts, from giving me expectations too high. I was expecting a whole array of mysteries to be laid out before me, giving me things to ponder on for the rest of the season as they were slowly worked out. Unfortunately it delivered little we didn't already know. Most of us knew what the Sphere meant, the few who didn't guessed correctly.

Odd and Aeilta fighting was great for about two scenes, then it just became 'why won't they shut up like real people would.' It was that kind of over the top thing you only see when it's painfully obvious they're just saying "We''re characters fighting on a show." The not talking and the resolution though, those parts were handled better. Maybe it was due to the chronic over quick second half pacing from this season, but they didn't have too little or too much attention paid to them then.

The plot was... well it wasn't much of what I was expecting. Finding the replika, checking it out, took all of 30 seconds. It set up future episodes, but really there was a lot of nothing occuring here. William and XANA monsters attacking them with no real danger beyond needing the Skid as a link back. I wanted a little more out of this one at least.

Nicholas got a little cooler in this ep: he's simple, but darnit, he's likeable. Herve is still captain Weenie of the Dork Patrol, and the show is doing a good job of making me hate him every step of the way. Sissi too apperently, for all 20 seconds she was involved here. Good on Odd and Aelita for dispelling rumor too.

Speaking of which, boy this ep was a real chance for the OxA folks to reload their cannons and have ammo to support their ship. I'm a bit of a JxA purist, so it earned a little sigh from me, but I won't penalize it for this when there are so much more legitimite faults.

Really what else can you say. I can see all the threads they put forth and tied together pretty well, it just managed to have rather slow, overdone Earth driven character stuff, and not much happening on the Lyoko side of things when exploring a really promiseing concept.

In the end I (for the thrid straight week) have to give it a 6/10.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby zex marquise » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 am

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:[take my rant as you will, I've always been one of the more critical reviewers around these parts]

Replika suffers, like many Lyoko episodes with promiseing titles and concepts, from giving me expectations too high. I was expecting a whole array of mysteries to be laid out before me, giving me things to ponder on for the rest of the season as they were slowly worked out. Unfortunately it delivered little we didn't already know. Most of us knew what the Sphere meant, the few who didn't guessed correctly.

Odd and Aeilta fighting was great for about two scenes, then it just became 'why won't they shut up like real people would.' It was that kind of over the top thing you only see when it's painfully obvious they're just saying "We''re characters fighting on a show." The not talking and the resolution though, those parts were handled better. Maybe it was due to the chronic over quick second half pacing from this season, but they didn't have too little or too much attention paid to them then.

The plot was... well it wasn't much of what I was expecting. Finding the replika, checking it out, took all of 30 seconds. It set up future episodes, but really there was a lot of nothing occuring here. William and XANA monsters attacking them with no real danger beyond needing the Skid as a link back. I wanted a little more out of this one at least.

Nicholas got a little cooler in this ep: he's simple, but darnit, he's likeable. Herve is still captain Weenie of the Dork Patrol, and the show is doing a good job of making me hate him every step of the way. Sissi too apperently, for all 20 seconds she was involved here. Good on Odd and Aelita for dispelling rumor too.

Speaking of which, boy this ep was a real chance for the OxA folks to reload their cannons and have ammo to support their ship. I'm a bit of a JxA purist, so it earned a little sigh from me, but I won't penalize it for this when there are so much more legitimite faults.

Really what else can you say. I can see all the threads they put forth and tied together pretty well, it just managed to have rather slow, overdone Earth driven character stuff, and not much happening on the Lyoko side of things when exploring a really promiseing concept.

In the end I (for the thrid straight week) have to give it a 6/10.

I liked your rant. It's always good to have someone take the side of pragmatism and assess an episode's quality.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Stonecreek » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:38 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:The glaring problem with this episode (and it will probably carry over into the rest of the season) is that Aelita is too uber-powerful.

So how long did it took for you to see Aelita's Lyoko powers are pretty much overkill? The wings crossed the line for me. It's not that she sucks as a warrior, but too much of Aelita kicking *ss is a bit sickening.

Nah, but it just seemed like too much, and way too convinient in this episode. I do like Gravity Channel's theory on this page about her shield in the Forest sector, though. It is a kid's show, and there will be discrepancies like one character who could wipe all the others out no sweat.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

PreviousNext