Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

S4 Episode 8: Replika

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

A pale reflection of CL to date? Yes or No?

This Replica surpasses the original in all respects! 10/10
14%
Replika? Replica? Who cares - it's still awesome! 9/10
24%
Aside from the cracks in the varnish an excellent representation! 8/10
27%
Delicate brush-strokes are the key to a good copy XANA :P 7/10
14%
It's like that anime rip-off of the Powerpuff Girls, so-so 6/10
10%
The immortal 'Meh' (shrug) 5/10
6%
A better replica would be found by trying to send Lyoko through a fax machine (warning, may crash server) 4/10
No votes
A sham, a travesty, a blot on our fair Lyoko 3/10
No votes
Enough of this s**t, where's those racing stripes for the Skid!? 2/10
No votes
Going-going-gone! Sold for two pieces of pocket-lint and a used toffee! 1/10
No votes
BURN IT! 0/10
4%

Total votes : 49

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:01 pm

ambitiouslove wrote:I forgot that Odd and Aelita were supposed to be cousins, but... seems like the show forgot about that, too, maybe lol
Jeremie looked so annoyed at Odd's secret plan. I thought that was pretty funny xD
I really like how Aelita's attitude came out in this episode. She sounds so... haughty princess-like when she's angry ;)
Hmm... I don't really think that Aelita is too strong or overpowered. I think she has to be since she seems like the weakest (defense-wise) of the bunch. Plus she went awhile in the series not having ANYthing... I think she kind of deserves a bit of power.. and apparently Jeremie thinks so too, since he's helping code everything for her lol
I voted 9/10 because we got to see Aelita in a different light, and I really liked that.

I for one love a girl with attitude so I think aelita has never been hotter.
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:21 pm

Tangent128 wrote:
Raven_613 wrote:
sylentnyte wrote:1. Yumi and Ulrich pull a 'Daphne and Fred'

That was one of the first things that came to mind when they just kinda ran off together in the replika, and if thats the case then Aelita can be velma and Odd and Kiwi can be Shaggy and scooby. Which is kinda funny when you think about it cause it sorta matches their personalities...sorta.

So William's Scrappy? Overzealous, then evil...
The Skid's the Mystery Machine...
Who's Jeremie?

Um...Whoever is stubborn in that show? :umm:
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:10 pm

Um...guys, back o topic.

Seriously, this episode was the worst BEYOND the worst. Jim yelling at Odd and hurting his back, giving both Odd and Aelita detention, AND Odd and Aelita fighting like children for MORE than two scenes?! :cussout:

3/10!

Seriously, MoonScoop, you need to do FAR better than this if you wanna impress me!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Hey! It seemed like a good ep to me.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Taelia wrote:Um...guys, back o topic.

Seriously, this episode was the worst BEYOND the worst. Jim yelling at Odd and hurting his back, giving both Odd and Aelita detention, AND Odd and Aelita fighting like children for MORE than two scenes?! :cussout:

3/10!

Seriously, MoonScoop, you need to do FAR better than this if you wanna impress me!

I hereby declare that anyone who hates this episode also hates America.

Shame on you.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:15 pm

technically, she would be hating France. I'm American, and I dislike America!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Blueyedblonde » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:16 pm

I actually really liked this episode, and it's probably up there for favorite of this season.

... And it's not because of the OddxAelita. :D

This whole episode just had me rofl. :*D
I found Odd and Aelita's constant bickering to be hilarious.
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:18 pm

It doesn't matter where the show is produced.

There is a direct relationship between hating "Replika" and hating America. It's true!!!

I knew someone would pull that argument on me...

...and in an unrelated note, changing text size is teh funz0rz!!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Okay, I'm stopping this argument before it begins. Down, guys xD;

Blueyedblonde wrote:I actually really liked this episode, and it's probably up there for favorite of this season.

... And it's not because of the OddxAelita. :D

It wasn't? *blinks and ducks a brick* ;P xD

Blueyedblonde wrote:This whole episode just had me rofl. :*D
I found Odd and Aelita's constant bickering to be hilarious.

I completely agree xDD And it was a change of pace to see Aelita actually, really, ticked for once. There were a ton of classic expressions too...
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:14 pm

I actually enjoyed Aelita yelling at Odd. I'm trying to put her on a signature.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:53 pm

sylentnyte wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
"Hello, Ansem."

Mew, me thinks you are watching too much Disney. XD

Well...that and I still haven't hopped over the Riku/William/XANA/Ansem conspiracy. *snerk* :*D

Raven_613 wrote:
Tangent128 wrote:
Raven_613 wrote:
sylentnyte wrote:1. Yumi and Ulrich pull a 'Daphne and Fred'

That was one of the first things that came to mind when they just kinda ran off together in the replika, and if thats the case then Aelita can be velma and Odd and Kiwi can be Shaggy and scooby. Which is kinda funny when you think about it cause it sorta matches their personalities...sorta.

So William's Scrappy? Overzealous, then evil...
The Skid's the Mystery Machine...
Who's Jeremie?

If your a fan of the live action scooby Doo movie (the first one) Jer can be that guy that Velma dated and then was never mentioned again in the second movie cause she found a new boy toy and...Ya know, now that I think about it, Velma's a bit of a playa aien't she?

LOL at the Ulrich and Yumi pull a Fred/Daphne. XD

...Jeremie would be the guy Seth Green played in the second movie...he was more "intellectual". *giggles*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:48 pm

Excuse me for intruding the on-topic but was is Fred and Daphne- Oh wait never mind, I typed it out and I understood it. :*D

*blonde titter*
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:11 pm

Ghost Channel wrote:Okay, I'm stopping this argument before it begins. Down, guys xD;

I hope you didn't think I was being serious... :*D
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Oh, yeah... we were just "playing," right guys? *wink* xD
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Yeah. We already hate America.

J/K ;)
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:51 pm

I thought it was good, and gave it a 9/10. I will grant that it didn't advance the "mystery" of XANA's plans very much, but it didn't need to in my book. The character interactions are what made this episode good for me. For those who thought they should just have ignored each other, can you honestly ever see Odd doing that? Odd has always struck me as the kind of person who would keep on making comments if he was fighting with someone, and that held pretty true today. Most of the time, he was the one who made a nasty remark, and the only time I remember Aelita doing it, she was supposedly talking to Ulrich at the time (though obviously the comment was directed at Odd).

Point is, that's what happens when friends get in a fight. Depending on their personalities, they either directly snipe at each other, or they pretend the other one isn't there and make barbed comments. So it really doesn't seem all that odd that they kept squabbling for as long as they did.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby YDV » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:58 am

OKAY I finally saw it rofl stfu go home. >>;

AWESOME. I'm really loving the Skid. *___*

<s>Did I sense some tension between Ulrich and Odd.</s> God Odd is so lazy. And is it just me or does Jean-Pierre get upset <i>really</i> easily? :O

NICOLAS ASKED HERB OUT. OTP.

Hmm. I was hoping for something a little more impressive than just a copy of the Forest sector. But I'm soooo glad it was the forest <3 I guess I should've expected it, though, since they are <i>Replikas.</i>

THE SKID. With the whole. Everything. And. Using the Key. And. Just so amazing omg.

HAVEN'T THEY DEFIED PHYSICS ENOUGH IN THIS SHOW? x___X; Dear god. "I'm gonna have to figure out a way to materialize you into the real world from the copy."

Anyway. Love~ ♥ <s>Odd called William handsome my life is complete</s>
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:50 am

So. I myself just finished watching it FINALLY and I can say I'm pretty glad they didn't say 'replica' :D Let's st... nevermind. Copy's bad enough. >>;

But why does XANA want replicas? What is this now, Hod?? Tower of Rem? Honestly. <s>You don't have a score xana so stop trying</s>

Right, the actual episode itself? Pretty decent. Although, I do have to say that Aelita and Odd's kiss looked quite awkward to me. HUH. There was one bit of the fight scene though that looked... I dunno. Something out of Tota or DTB. Where Odd was dodging William's sword? Yeah, pretty cool.

Besies that? :<<< Ummm...... right. The first poll option for 10/10? Makes me sad. Very sad.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:41 pm

May I remind you (again) that CL is NOT TOTA. DEAR GOD WOMAN.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:59 pm

Finally I got to see Replika.

Since I've been lately exposed to Harry Potter books, the Transformers and Simpsons movies, Tara Reid's tits, spent some time without Internet, finally managed to watch Grease in its entirety (it's not that bad as I thought it was), among other stuff, I'd say this episode sucks *ss. 2/10.

Okay, that aside, for Code Lyoko standards, this episode gets a 6/10. The episode was somewhat boring. If you take away Nicolas and the segments between Odd and Aelita, you're pretty much getting a crappy episode. Those three characthers managed to get a just-barely decent episode. While it was interesting to see Odd and Aelita argue, Ulrich and Yumi b*tching about it was a bit overwhelming.

Lyoko scenes were meh. Liked seeing the Forest sector again, though.

Yeah, Herve sucks, someone kill off the little sh*thead already. On the other hand, Nicolas finally got to be interesting. I hope the next episode shows a little more about those two, otherwise their visit to the factory (considering there was no RTTP process on Replika) would be a wasted oportunity for a interesting storyline.

Aurabolt wrote:*Takes deep breaths* Relax, Aura. Jeremie's hypothetically gotten more kisses, and one kiss doesn't change that....after all, Odd is gay by all twists of the imagination. This kiss means nothing. Hell, most of Season 4 revolves around J/A....Everything is fine...

:rofl:

Back to Aura's quote, they should have shown a scene in Replika where Jeremie watches the kiss between Odd and Aelita and in the process pissing off Jeremie and build a feud between Jeremie and Odd.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:05 pm

Hmm.....i do admit, I would find the relative talk interesting to say the least, and anything else that can happen to bring these two to verbal or (possibly) physical problems between them would come to a head. I must admit that plotline-wise, I would definately like to see that. J/A-wise, I'd have an issue, but I like a good story more than I like a ship.
I am not a bodybulider! Sabin; FF6.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?
Jeremie: *Gibberish*
Odd: That's what I thought....(Go away Odd! Jeremie doesn't need your help!)

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Sorry to get this off-topic, but the next ep is airing...
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:38 pm

Post moved to IRNTAI thread now that it's up.
Last edited by Tangent128 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:40 pm

Link to IRNTAT thread.

^For those who want to discuss the most recent episode.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby zex marquise » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:29 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:Finally I got to see Replika.

Since I've been lately exposed to Harry Potter books, the Transformers and Simpsons movies, Tara Reid's tits, spent some time without Internet, finally managed to watch Grease in its entirety (it's not that bad as I thought it was), among other stuff, I'd say this episode sucks *ss. 2/10.

Okay, that aside, for Code Lyoko standards, this episode gets a 6/10. The episode was somewhat boring. If you take away Nicolas and the segments between Odd and Aelita, you're pretty much getting a crappy episode. Those three characthers managed to get a just-barely decent episode. While it was interesting to see Odd and Aelita argue, Ulrich and Yumi b*tching about it was a bit overwhelming.

Lyoko scenes were meh. Liked seeing the Forest sector again, though.

Yeah, Herve sucks, someone kill off the little sh*thead already. On the other hand, Nicolas finally got to be interesting. I hope the next episode shows a little more about those two, otherwise their visit to the factory (considering there was no RTTP process on Replika) would be a wasted oportunity for a interesting storyline.

Aurabolt wrote:*Takes deep breaths* Relax, Aura. Jeremie's hypothetically gotten more kisses, and one kiss doesn't change that....after all, Odd is gay by all twists of the imagination. This kiss means nothing. Hell, most of Season 4 revolves around J/A....Everything is fine...

:rofl:

Back to Aura's quote, they should have shown a scene in Replika where Jeremie watches the kiss between Odd and Aelita and in the process pissing off Jeremie and build a feud between Jeremie and Odd.

I was gonna talk about the episode, but frankly I thought it was uninspiring to rant about this time around. Just wasn't that great. Am I remembering correctly that William did absolutely nothing this time? Lame. And the fight with Aelita and Odd was utterly pointless and served no purpose but to fill up the lack of substance that afflicted this episode. If I watch it again I'll edit this post with something insightful or funny. Otherwise I think MakeYourself85 summed it up nicely.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext