Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:03 pm

S4 Episode 8: Replika

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

A pale reflection of CL to date? Yes or No?

This Replica surpasses the original in all respects! 10/10
14%
Replika? Replica? Who cares - it's still awesome! 9/10
24%
Aside from the cracks in the varnish an excellent representation! 8/10
27%
Delicate brush-strokes are the key to a good copy XANA :P 7/10
14%
It's like that anime rip-off of the Powerpuff Girls, so-so 6/10
10%
The immortal 'Meh' (shrug) 5/10
6%
A better replica would be found by trying to send Lyoko through a fax machine (warning, may crash server) 4/10
No votes
A sham, a travesty, a blot on our fair Lyoko 3/10
No votes
Enough of this s**t, where's those racing stripes for the Skid!? 2/10
No votes
Going-going-gone! Sold for two pieces of pocket-lint and a used toffee! 1/10
No votes
BURN IT! 0/10
4%

Total votes : 49

S4 Episode 8: Replika

Postby TB3 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:19 pm

(sings)

Hi-ho! Hi-ho!
To the network we shall go!
And William will be spayed
With a hand-grenade! (if Ulrich gets his way)
Hi-ho! Hi-ho! Hi-ho! Hi-ho!

So, let's roll guys! Judging from the title it seems we're all getting in the Skid again and returning to expose XANA's 'dirty little secret'...that sounds so wrong.

So, will XANA's pirate copies of Lyoko be revealled (Franz should sue him for copyright infringement), will we see Aelita's dress rehersal with the Subdigitals? Will Jeremie's lessons in Crash-Course pay off? We can only wait...and see...and pray that Odd isn't trusted with the supercomputer too much - the Skid will probably have racing stripes within a week if he had his way!

Enjoy guys! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:25 pm

Hm. I won't be around to watch this one but... I have something to say.

I HATE THE EPISODE TITLE. SADFGHDSVMASKDFNVASFDJLK.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby zex marquise » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:29 pm

I bet XANA's version of LYOKO will be scary. Malevolent entities always have scary lairs. I don't know how much longer the writers at Monscoop can continue the Subdigitals subplot. I think they're going to make one album with Aelita and then leave. If the people like Aelita's talents then she might be able to start a career in it after she's done with school. We all know she's going to be a part time DJ when she grows up. I wonder if the group is going to encounter Xanliam in the digital sea. Is going to have his own ship? Or will he just be zooming around with his flying sword? We know he can enter the digital sea without external protection. And have we seen the last of Agent Thompson? Probably not.

P.S. I love the song, Teebs.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:02 pm

Well we know XANA's 'replica's' look just like Lyoko (or aspects of it - the Replica from EPisode 80 resembled the Forest Sector for example).
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:16 pm

I don't know if I can watch it. I'll be eating Mexican food tonight.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:21 pm

TB3, I LOL'D at your little song there.

I'm going to make sure I use a good tape this time so I don't have to wait till tomorrow to see it. I'm really eager to see the ones for the next too weeks...those titles hold a whole lot of promise.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:27 pm

We'll be seeing virtual forms in the real world as well.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:35 pm

Taelia wrote:We'll be seeing virtual forms in the real world as well.

Actually...I'm reasonably sure that this is not the episode where we first see the gang "Translated". I believe that happens later in episode 80. ^^;

It would be awesome though if they were "Translated" in this episode too (even if by accident or something), but I'm not counting on it...especially judging by the teaser trailer on CN. *sweatdrops*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:07 pm

ooohh... that sucks for them.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:08 pm

Nick...fishes! O_o

Massive win for his 'proposal' to Herve! XD They're perfect for each other! :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:22 pm

and no RTTP? =O What to do?
Argh... CN already showed them getting devirtualized, so we know that's safe. Darn you, CN, spoilers are bad!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jinnai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Well, THAT was unfair. Nicholas was the mastermind behind that factory expedition and yet it was Herve who got tormented all throughout it! I feel bad for the guy, he just can't seem to get a break with Sissy or Nicholas.

XANA really has to tone down his usage of William...there was really no need for him in this episode.

And poor Jeremy, it must suck to have an open mind, eh? :D
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:35 pm

*wonders what is wrong with thy*

Uh...well nothing really important I found in this episode other than Xanliam looked scared or was just Xana? It'd be funny to find out Xana was 14 or something. ^^;

Ah, the OxA fluff that is buring a hole through my brain. *blank expression* At least I didn't chuck my tea cup poodle at the screen. O_o

And Nicholas proved he does have a brain! Most of the time...Herve proved that's he dorkier and Jeremy blah...who cares.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:38 pm

Hm. I don't really think This ep compares well to the other Season 4 ones...
Oh, and, was it Aelita who did that energy barrier or was that Jer's reinforcement?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:39 pm

7/10, pretty darn good episode in my book.

And those OddxAelita moments? *_*
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Arcangel613 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:39 pm

was I the only one who thought it was weird that nobody questioned the fact that Odd kissed his "cousin"?
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby TB3 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:40 pm

Okay, my thoughts on this episode:

1: It seems that 'cousins' dating each-other seems A-Okay :P

2: Nick is surprisingly confident, patient and (dare I say) on-the-ball - damn you Herve for destroying a potential situation that would have been brought along uber-plot!

3: Herve is King Nerdorama

4: Jim ISN'T invulnerable (shock, horror, fear!)

5: Delmas is either 'magnanimous' or 'weak' (way to go Jimbo :P )

6: Jeremie seems to have surpressed violent impulses - I mean his first reaction to the idea of XANA in other computers is "DESTROY THE COMPUTERS! BWAHAHAHA!" with no consideration of the legal, moral and ethical questions revolving around the blatant vandalism, sabotage, destruction and nay, DESECRATION of expensive Quantum-Processing equipment decades ahead of their time that many have probably poured their hearts and careers into and which probably represent extreme government funding and tech development, but then again...

"BWAHAHA! I'M JEREMIE BELPOIS! I HAVE THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMPUTER! I MUST DESTROY THE COMPETITION! NO-ONE CAN HAVE A HIGHER BITRATE THAN ME, NO-ONE! BWAHAHHAHA!"

---

And everyone, batten down the hatches for a wave of OxA fangirls and obsessives...RUN IN FEAR OR THE WAVE WILL CONSUME US ALL! Just like this wave! :P
Last edited by TB3 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:41 pm

This episode was great in terms of action. God, Xanliam didn't do diddly squat today, but Aelita created a shield? A massive shield?

Odd and Nick speaking heatedly to each other was floopin' GENIUS! "She'd rather have detention than go out with a dork like you!" XD Everyone did marvelously!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:41 pm

Lyoko422 returns from inactivity! Even though I forgot to log out and have been logged in for 10 days...

This episode was a great one, I liked it. Odd and Aelita got in a fight, causing trouble and strife for the Lyoko warriors. And it's the second episode in a row where Franz Hopper wasn't mentioned! Also, we get a little more insight into the architecture of the factory, it's not just the main level, an elevator and three rooms any more. Now there are stairs and two more rooms! I've gotten used to the new outfits, except for Jeremie's HIDEOUS pants that CLASH AWFULLY... but I'm sure that hatred shall soon pass... or maybe not.

ZOMG. HERVEXNICOLAS!!1 Code Lyoko Slash FTW! Sorry about that, but... I just had to mention it. Although the "moonlight experience" was different than what I had imagined... I imagined something involving peanut butter. And leather.

Why does Jeremie not complain when Nicolas says "Are we still on for tonight?" Is he that stupid when it comes to relationships? Speaking of relationships, the OddXAelita shippers must be having a field day with this episode. As a very staunch JeremieXAelita shipper, let me clarify:

THAT WAS TO FOOL NICOLAS AND HERVE. ODD DOES NOT LIKE AELITA, NOR VICE VERSA. THEY WILL NOT GO OUT. JEREMIE AND AELITA LOVE EACH OTHER, END OF STORY. Not to mention, it's kinda incest. Code Lyoko isn't set in Appalachian America... let's keep it that way.

Sorry... I just had to make sure that was clear. Also, what the heck is up with Aelita's shield? She needs no more abilites! She is immensely overpowered as it is! Stop buffing up Aelita, Moonscoop! Steroid addiction isn't healthy, especially for a young lady such as Aelita.

Overall, 9/10.

"BWAHAHA! I'M JEREMIE BELPOIS! I HAVE THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMPUTER! I MUST DESTROY THE COMPETITION! NO-ONE CAN HAVE A HIGHER BITRATE THAN ME, NO-ONE! BWAHAHHAHA!"

LOL, TB3. Your Code Lyoko humor (or should I say "humour") surpasses all.
Last edited by SilverPrince on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Raven_613 wrote:was I the only one who thought it was weird that nobody questioned the fact that Odd kissed his "cousin"?

very good point. :S
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 pm

You weren't the only one. That was pretty strange.
Another thing, was this the first time we saw Aelita go ballistic or am I forgetting an ep?

[/i]
Last edited by JesusFreak on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Reesane » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Jinnai wrote:XANA really has to tone down his usage of William...there was really no need for him in this episode.

He's probubly just trying to intimidate them.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:45 pm

TB3 wrote:"BWAHAHA! I'M JEREMIE BELPOIS! I HAVE THE WORLD'S GREATEST COMPUTER! I MUST DESTROY THE COMPETITION! NO-ONE CAN HAVE A HIGHER BITRATE THAN ME, NO-ONE! BWAHAHHAHA!"

:*D :*D :*D

whew... glad that's over... wait- no-- :*D Oh god... my stomach hurts, can't breathe... ach...
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:45 pm

TB3 wrote:And everyone, batten down the hatches for a wave of OxA fangirls and obsessives...RUN IN FEAR OR THE WAVE WILL CONSUME US ALL! Just like this wave! :P

Hmpf, the JxA fans (at least in my mind!) are forming a mob. Guess who's the leader? (Guess who's user name use to be JxA Addict?)

Also, if I saw the Simpsons trailer one more time I think I might...blah...nevermind.

TB3 wrote:

---

Just a question, how much sugar have you had TB3?
Last edited by Writing_Addict on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:46 pm

Usage, shmusage! William IS XANA now. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next