Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 pm

S4 Episode 7: Crash Course

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

In it's crash course, did this ep make the grade or crash and burn?

10/10
33%
9/10
25%
8/10
25%
7/10
13%
6/10
3%
5/10
No votes
4/10
3%
3/10
No votes
2/10
No votes
1/10
No votes
0/10
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Thinking about it:

The tension between Ulrich and Odd throughout the episode was the highlight in my opinion. The "swimming pool" issue was enough to built properly tension between both guys. Ulrich slicing Odd was cool.

It's interesting to have Odd, Yumi and Ulrich learn better the use of the Supercomputer. Granted that not always Jeremie or Aelita will be there, but it's good to instruct them on how to use supercomputer. I am begging to Moonscoop to kill off Jeremie (I doubt it) by almost the end of Season 4, which by this time I assume that Yumi, Ulrich and Odd (I highly doubt it) would be more than capable on how to use the supercomputer.

Lyoko scenes were decent. William beating Yumi was good to watch. Thank God it wasn't Aelita beating Xana-William, otherwise it would have been just plain wrong. Xana-William seems to tkae the jobber route and I expect William to also get beaten up with a fan and a laser arrow. That blows a little, but what can we do?

Real life scenes were pretty good, a little nice touch by inserting "Sophie" there. I see The Subdigitals appearing for two more episodes and that's it for them.

Seeing what TB3 said about the couples, if CL was PG-12, the tension between Ulrich and Odd would have been more violent and perhaps we would have gotten flashback scenes with U/Y and J/A as well.

Reading again what TB3 said, I wish they just didn't insert the Gym reference just to continue a potential feud between Ulrich and Odd. It would have been a greater episode if it wasn't for inserting the Gym reference, but that's my opinion.

7.5/10, good episode after all.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:55 pm

When they lead off with Odd's revovling door girlfriends, I assumed it was going to be a choice episode. What we got was a little more... average, but it was a good way to start about 30 in jokes.

Jeremie thinking ahead AND telling everybody? It really seems like for being a genius he should be able to do that a bit more. XANA also seemed a bit more on the ball than usual today. His attack only had S2 like power, but he actually employed a good strategy, namely 'kill them in the first 30 seconds.'

The middle of this is nothing but a series of bad jokes, and Odd clowning around in a virtual free for all. BigFatCheesehead.window got a laugh from me in an odd sort of way, along with the pool attack (and the gym attack, or as I called it "What I was doing in the gym with Big Fat Cheesehead.")

Ulrich action was fun, but boy, how were the rest of them so darn ineffectual period? I might be ok if Aelita had taken out a crab but basically all she did this time was cower. Yumi got one bitty attack in the whole time. Odd did some damage in his unrelated bits I guess. I just feel we're going to fall into 'Wait for Hero Ulrich' syndrome again.

Lack of anything new this week really, other than updating a plot point that we probably would have suspended disbelife on anyway as long as they threw in the occasional 'whoops wrong window.' thing anyway.

I was ready for them to actually do something with Odd, but looks like we're status quo again, ho hum.

For a go nowhere ep that still managed to make me laugh a couple of times and set up some gorgeous fanfic fodder, I'm gonna front the same 6/10 I did last week. Low you say? Maybe, but somebody has to be the critic around here.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:56 pm

9/10

FINALLY! Less Kadic, more city! And lots of REAL action! The VAs did marvelously! Especially Matthew G.! XD Funny as high heck! <3
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:00 pm

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:Low you say? Maybe, but somebody has to be the critic around here.

I can also play the critic role too (I thought Double Take really sucked and Wreck Room almost sucked as well). You see something slightly different from my posts rather than the biased "ZOMG, this was great, I give it a 10/10" bulls**t you get on most CL forums. I agree with you that this is a decent episode and it can go from the ranks of 6 to 8 in my opinion.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:03 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:Low you say? Maybe, but somebody has to be the critic around here.

I can also play the critic role too (I thought Double Take really sucked and Wreck Room almost sucked as well). You see something slightly different from my posts rather than the biased "ZOMG, this was great, I give it a 10/10" bulls**t you get on most CL forums. I agree with you that this is a decent episode and it can go from the ranks of 6 to 8 in my opinion.

Yeah, I enjoy reading your ep thoughts, you always have something thoughtful to say along with that more reasonable score than most of the community gives. I may not agree with you on the plus or minus of every ep, (I thought Wreck Room was fun, for example,) but I do always respect that you're putting out an honest well supported reasoning and review.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:04 pm

I swear the next fic I write is going to be, "What Happened at the Pool".

With spin-offs sequels, "What Happened at the Gym". And the one-shot... "Big Fat Cheese Head".

:*D

This is another one to get a 10 from me. It was so funny and packed with action, and the plotline was really clever too. Jeremie has a definite point. If Jeremie and Aelita get splatted...they're in big trouble. Of course though, it does work the other way around...If Ulrich, Yumi, and Odd get splatted...Aelita and Jeremie are up a creek without a paddle. ^^; But that's another plot for another day, I guess. XD

Anyway, far too many funny moments to name in this episode...not to mention so many screenshot and caption opportunities, it's crazy. (X

...And they brought back the Rec room! Yay continuity! :D

Voice Acting was great, animation was great, and everything real world and Lyoko-wise was just to die for. Odd was totally not taking this seriously the whole time...which is so in character. *snickers*

I absolutely adored Ulrich's, "William's the lemon," line. *snerk* And speaking of William...dang...that guy is becoming scary. And he evil-laughed! >D

Poor Yumi...I can't even blame her for not lasting long in Lyoko considering the wallop she took in the real world. We already know that injuries can translate somewhat through the virtualization process...not to mention she was probably exhausted. Ah well, she gave it her best shot, and she did help save Aelita anyway. ^^

Another 10 episode. There wasn't a moment I didn't love...or bust out laughing at. ...And I'm totally serious about those fanfics. X)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:07 pm

Yeah, the pool and gym stuff are material for fanfics. Expect to see them floating tomorrow. One of my friends from LG is starting a one-shot about those incidents.
MY85 offline

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:12 pm

definately. well, definately a pickup from the horror that was "Maiden Voyage"
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ambitiouslove » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:20 pm

8/10
I thought it was a really good episode :)
I'm also interested in what happened at the gym and at the pool. Also seems like Jeremie and Aelita are becoming a step closer to becoming an 'official' couple, even though everyone all ready sees them that way, I think...
Poor Odd, seems like he'll never find the right girl lol
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:22 pm

Uh-uh-uh! I know just the right girl. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MewmiC » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:29 pm

Eh so so episode. Their were some good stuff here and there but not my favorite. Odd got some good comments and action against the Bloks. Speaking of Bloks its nice to see them again, but where are the Hornets and Megatanks? All we see nowadays is Krabs and Taratulas in the sectors (not counting Carthage). I want a Hornet to shoot down Aelita or a megatank to accidentally hit William :D

Glad for some continuity with the subdigitals sub-plot. Aelita was good but I kinda liked the other guys music a little better. And Jeremie teaches them to use the supercomputer which may or may not be helpful in the end, who knows. Personally though I'd never let Odd near something that advanced, in fact I'd be terrified.

7/10
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:45 pm

What happened at the pool:

Xana ga mizugi o nusumimashita

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:04 pm

I am maddish right now. My tape decided to go PFFFFT on me (it recorded, but the picture's all black and white and screwy, and there's no sound). Well, I'll just have to wait a bit...I'll check in with a full review then.
Carth offline

Postby Arcangel613 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:27 pm

Mahree wrote:I am maddish right now. My tape decided to go PFFFFT on me (it recorded, but the picture's all black and white and screwy, and there's no sound). Well, I'll just have to wait a bit...I'll check in with a full review then.

Don't feel bad. I thought today was monday and missed the episode!(my Dad had off work on monday and he normally doesn't, that kinda threw me off) I just realized an hour ago "hey, america's got talent isn't on till tuesday!!wait......"
*insert blonde moment here*

Ah well thats why I live off youtube, it'll be up on there eventually.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Re: This just can't be a good idea.

Postby twilightchaos09 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:01 pm

Aurabolt wrote:Now, I'll have to think about which episodes dealt with the pool and the gymnasium. I don't think anything involving the pool happened in the series, but I do get the feeling that whatever the one at the gym was, happened in canon. (Or it will eventually be depicted in fan-fiction. :) )

I don't think that either of those incidents happened in the show. After all, the blushes were deep. And i mean deep.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:09 pm

I like the results I'm getting from here. I didn't see the episode...YET. :(

But so far I think that it was a good episode from the feedback, for the most part.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:09 pm

I liked it... granted, nothing really major happened, but I appreciated how small things from previous episodes were built on. Maybe something will happen with that Subdigitals thing...
Also, XANA is getting smarter... attacking the computer lab more, and working on the "push them into the Sea" tactic.
...but did XANilliam seem to be acting a little weird at the start of the battle? Like he needed sleep or something?

Was the MIB based off a real MIB?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:50 pm

I see two *extra long* spin-off episodes coming from that, kinda like the prequel.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:54 pm

All the VAs did an exceptional job.

The return of CHRIS! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:35 am

Once again I curse my lack of cable TV. I shall wait for the youtubing of the episode. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far, and I can't wait to hear about the pool scene. Muwahahaha! So I'll be back in a day or two to review it.

For what possible reason could it be a good idea to let Odd near the super compy?
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:49 am

Tangent128 wrote:Was the MIB based off a real MIB?

Good question - that's been bothering me too.

Never before have we seen XANA create a polymorphic likeness who's form we're unfamiliar with - always they've been based off actual people, either from a cursory copying of their physicak appearance (let's say....Jim) or by running the spectre directly off their data (Franz).

So, either XANA has become more creative, or that spectre is based off an actual person that XANA has had contact with. The question is who is that person, and what could bring him and XANA together.

Project Carthage for ultimate win! (maybe?)

I'd like to add that this episode solves an old LTT debate, in that we know now the kids exist only as 'sentient wireframes' on Lyoko - they can't have internal organs and what-not if Yumi was able able to accidently decapitate Odd as that screen implied she had.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:57 am

Hasn't the MIB guy showed up in Season 3 and got posessed by XANA? Maybe that explains it.
MY85 offline

Postby twilightchaos09 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:04 am

I found something completely irrelovent to the plotline, but funny non-the-less. Ol' James Finson made a return to the show at 11:10. It was so funny.

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:54 am

And then his female actress came along a few minutes afterwards. :D

Okay, I just saw this. I'd give it a 9/10.

I am beginning to not like Jeremie as much. His personality is deteriorating as he gets more dedicated to the whole Lyoko effort. That's kinda bad. But he's still cute.

Willie's back! Nothing really squee-worthy, except the ebil laugh and his cute little 'it's over Yumi' line. He has one freaking scary voice.

I loved the bits about the swimming pool and gym incidents. I can't imagine what happened there (within TV-Y7 reason- or perhaps outside it), but it must have been baaaaaad... *evil smirk*

Yay for Aelita! Of course she's teh best. I am expecting something crazy to go down at that concert...if it ever happens. Seems like it's going to, as they haven't forgotten about it.

I don't have much else to say.
Carth offline

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:01 am

Yay for another awesome episode!!!! I'd love to know what happened in the gym....^_^
Odd scares me. I think he sees girls like potato chips- both he goes through fast, too much of, and ends up in pain sooner or later. :lmao:
I love Aelita...and Jeremie. SO CUTE!!!!! (you know I was gonna do that.)
Odd and Ulrich are funny. I think Odd does that just to grind Ulrich's nerves, becuase he's the type of guy who laughs at angry people. (unless it's Aelita, who can kick his butt with her energy field. For some reason, he doesn't tease the girls as much as he does Ulrich and Jeremie....)
"Yeah, a whole seafood plater- and William is the lemon." I love that line. ^_^
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext