Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 am

S4 Episode 7: Crash Course

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

In it's crash course, did this ep make the grade or crash and burn?

10/10
33%
9/10
25%
8/10
25%
7/10
13%
6/10
3%
5/10
No votes
4/10
3%
3/10
No votes
2/10
No votes
1/10
No votes
0/10
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 am

This was definitely an entertaining episode, which at this point, is all I'm asking out of the show, really (leads to less disappointment and all). The pacing of the action was really well-done, and tossing some genuinely good humor moments balanced the fighting/chasing scenes out. ulrich, instead of Aelita, seemd to be the one almost too overpowered in this eisode, which is a nice change of pace from Aelita being the uber-destroyer she's been lately. Couple that with shipping moments and a good resolution, and the episode has just about everything. Except an explanation for why the spectre was a MIB..

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Tekirai » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:15 am

Haooo... all the episodes are gone... TT__TT YOUTUBE HAS FAILED ME~

This whole gym/pool thing sounds like fic fodder to me. >3 QUICK EVERYBODY GAG AND TIE TEKIRAI BEFORE SHE MAKES A TERRIBLE JOB OF IT

William = Lemon? Lmaonade.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:46 am

When life gives you Willie-lemons...[size=0]grope them[/size]make Willie-lemonade. Wonder how that would taste.

Now to make this post not-spammy...uhm...well, it looks to me like the gang is going to be making the Rec Room- i'm so tempted to call it the Wreck Room- a casual hangout. (I'm getting a Scooby-Doo vibe.) Or something.

Oh, and Ulrich's shoes. I never noticed his shoes. They look like Vans. Either way, they're awesome.

I don't have much to say about this episode. It's weird. I'm just impatient for Laboratory Rat to make its way over. (Look at Sutefii-chan's avatar for a clue as to why.)
Carth offline

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:09 am

TB3, regarding the MIB, wrote:Project Carthage for ultimate win! (maybe?)

We can only hope...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:47 pm

LDChaosBdon wrote:I found something completely irrelevant to the plotline, but funny non-the-less. Ol' James Finson made a return to the show at 11:10. It was so funny.

completely irrelevant? What about the MIB? I'm sure it wasn't just a coincidence!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:52 pm

It was not a bad episode, but the way Yumi, Ulrich, Jeremie, and Aelita blushed when the swimming pool, gymnasium, nad big fat cheese head incidents were mentioned gave me a real bad feeling. It's probably nothing, and I'm very well aware of that, but I guess I secretly don't want our friends to grow up too much. I voted 8/10 for this episode because it was generally good but lacked... punch, or spark, or something. "Skidbladnir" is still the best so far, though, but I couldn't record it yesterday because I got an uber huge phone call. Aw well, it was an important and generally useful call, so I guess I really shouldn't complain.

I wonder what musical adventures await Aelita with Chris and the Subdigitals.

I hope she doesn't leave!

Also, I can't help but wonder if Odd is the big fat cheese head...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:55 pm

I can see Jeremie as the Big Fat Cheesehead.

Aelita just says out of the blue, "Jeremie, You look like a Big Fat Cheesehead!"

I'm sure Sharon would kill to say those lines. ;)
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:25 pm

Um, when Yumi cut in on William and Aelita's little dance of death, was it just me or did she sound like she had an accent for a second?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Jeremified » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Her voice seemed strange there for me too...

<s>P.S. Hey JesusFreak, haven't seen you here in awhile!</s> Oh... I was thinking of Jesus Freak (with the space between Jesus and Freak)...
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:31 pm

;__; It's not on youtube yet. Would somebody please put it up? Tell your youtubing friends to post it. I want to see it.

All of it's up! Yay!
Last edited by zex marquise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:18 pm

So what happened at the pool?

It was John Smoltz who did it! He robbed the counter at Stuckey's, then he used a nail file to cut to the locker room, where Yumi was...

Oh, wait. I saw a bit of it on TekLinks, then the media player went nuts. Now, to excuse me, I have to watch it on YouTube.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:34 pm

Jerem[14]ied wrote:Her voice seemed strange there for me too...

Her voice sounded deeper actually...unusually deeper.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:57 am

Next week, the action's REALLY gonna heat up! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:29 pm

Great episode so far. Aelita blushes a lot, especially when Ulrich activated "Big Fat Cheesehead". I'd suggest, "Sam's Little Happy Time", though that is a MB reference.

Also, Ulrich's mad about that pool attack (which reminds me of Seinfeld), Jeremy and Hopper are blushing in the gym (yet another fanfic topic), and Willian gets pwned.

Post edited by Mewberries151: Please only post fanfiction in the approriate fanwork forum. Thank you.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:03 pm

I thought this was a pretty good episode, 9/10. I don't think anyone was expecting it to be about what it actually was about, which is a plus for me (no sense in being predictable). And yes, Jeremie is being a little too geekish, which is undoubtedly annoying his friends. I mean, he's got a good point; there's been more than a couple of times where Jeremie was cut off from the supercalculator and Aelita couldn't run things due to needing to be on Lyoko.

That reminds me...if Aelita buys the farm, what then? It's not like Jeremie can shut down Xana-controlled towers on his own; he has enough trouble keeping Xana from taking his. Speaking of, it was nice to see Xana using smart tactics for once rather than just trying to overwhelm them with sheer power.

Anyway, I think Jeremie would do better to write some batch files to enable virtualization of the kids and the vehicles, rather than trying to teach them how to do it all. I mean, it'd make more sense since most of the time, they're not going to have to do anything overly complicated while he's gone.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby oddson » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Even though we havent seen it in Briton ;__; i think i will be pretty good if it did come out over here. :)
Two star

TS Duncan SCC

Unit 133
oddson offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Tekirai » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:03 pm

As if. Toonami's kicked the bucket. >_> Youtube is the only option now.

Just watched it, and~ it wasn't bad. Everyone on Youtube is convinced the pool incident is from Marabounta though. *sighs and posts comment explaining why it isn't*
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:56 pm

Malkmusian wrote:So what happened at the pool?

It was John Smoltz who did it! He robbed the counter at Stuckey's, then he used a nail file to cut to the locker room, where Yumi was...

Oh, wait. I saw a bit of it on TekLinks, then the media player went nuts. Now, to excuse me, I have to watch it on YouTube.

Lemme know if you find it, I can't anywhere!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:36 pm

some of the new episodes are on CN Video, but Crash Course won't be out until the next ep airs.

UPDATE: It's on Youtube. :D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Link, s'il te plait!

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:31 pm

Tekirai wrote:As if. Toonami's kicked the bucket. >_> Youtube is the only option now.

Just watched it, and~ it wasn't bad. Everyone on Youtube is convinced the pool incident is from Marabounta though. *sighs and posts comment explaining why it isn't*

Heh heh...yeah, the "pool incident" mentioned in "Crash Course" definitely isn't the separate "pool incident" in "Marabounta".

1) Odd wasn't at the pool in "Marabounta" so he couldn't know about it (much less tease Ulrich about it since Ulrich was certainly not going to tell him about what happened in "Marabounta").

2) Jeremie said it was a "recent" attack, and "Marabounta" happened at least one school vacation ago. ^^;

3) Yumi wouldn't blush about the "pool incident" that happened in "Marabounta" (she doesn't really have anything to be embarrased about there, just Ulrich ).

*blinks* ...And I probably just reiterated the reasons you posted at YouTube... *sweatdrops* Sorry. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Well, what about the one where William had to get Yumi, or whatever, from Season 3? And he ended up making her slip into the pool? That would have been fairly recent, most likely within the month.

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:52 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Well, what about the one where William had to get Yumi, or whatever, from Season 3? And he ended up making her slip into the pool? That would have been fairly recent, most likely within the month.

When did he do that? ^^;

I believe you're thinking of "The Secret", where William came and got Yumi who was at the pool with her class, and started shouting about XANA. Jim started yelling at him (as William had been banned from the pool for the day), and Yumi also "mock" yelled at him, accusing him of breaking her concentration underwater and nearly making her choke (paraphrased ^^; ). She then said she'd take William "to the Principal's Office" and the both of them headed for the Factory.

Aelita, however, did slip into the pool in the season 2 episode "Deja Vu", however William was in no way involved in that.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby UltimaHedgie » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:22 pm

Yay, I finally saw it!

I think that it was pretty good, but not as good as the previous two. The return of the Subdigitals was rather interesting, though. Plus, we get to see Aelita mixing again!

I was wondering what happened to Aelita's wings. They haven't been used all that often in the last few episodes.
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby zex marquise » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:39 am

[quote= "kamekai"]Why do tourists go to the tops of tall buildings and then put money into telescopes so they can see things on the ground close-up?[/quote]
Because they… uh… er… I mean… wait….

I finally got a good look at Odd's shoes when he propped them up on the table, and now I understand what everyone was talking about. They're hideous! And the high-waters egad! I'm wondering which is worse: high-waters with socks or high-waters w/o socks?

Code: LYOKO seems to have a lot of product placement. Mac computers, Nokia cell phones, Totoro, I’m amazed Jeremie’s laptop doesn’t say Vaio on the front. When did the entire group start endorsing Coca~Cola? Am I just noticing this now? Last epy, Jeremie celebrated the successful launch of the Skid by cracking open a Coke. "Saving the world from an evil A.I. and it's possessed minions leaving you thirsty? Celebrate with a Coke."

Odd and his relationship troubles: "Well she's crazy about dogs." "And that makes all the difference in the world?" "Yeah." He’s gone through every girl in the school and still hasn’t found a girlfriend. I’d say he has issues with commitment, but I think we all know he’s just biding his time until Jeremie really screws up his relationship with Aelita so he can move in on her.

Currently playing at the Cinema: Wheelchair Zombie 4 and Snorkeling Combat 2. Now those are my kind of movies! Where can I get tickets?

The mystery of the pool attack. Here are all the clues:
Jeremie: "Remember the last few times XANA attacked?"
Odd: "Which time? The one with the trees or at the swimming pool?"
Ulrich: "Odd! We agreed not to bring up that day at the pool, right?"
Aelita: "Why? What happened at the swimming pool, huh?"
Ulrich: "Uh-nothing."
Yumi: "Huh-nothing at all."

Later…

Odd: “I’ve already lost lots of life points, and you’ve still got all yours. You’d be more useful here. What’s more, that’s exactly what we did during the swimming pool attack.”
Ulrich: “I don’t want to ever hear about the swimming pool again!” *devirtualizes Odd*

Jer Bear scored a few points with Aelita by letting her go to the Subdigitals finals without fussing. He deserves some credit for getting better with juggling two relationships (Aelita vs. the laptop). I felt all warm and fuzzy for a second after she kissed him. I was like, “Awww.”

Proof that Jeremie is an alien:
*Hands out thick volumes of notes to the group*
“The theoretical stuff is actually a lot of fun!”

One hour later…

“And so if we export the virtual memory from the B block into the inertial matrix you can reconfigure the transfer files. This will delay the alignment of the qubits. I’m sure you see where I’m going with this.” Uh—what?

CL is becoming more like the Matrix with every episode. This time XANA summoned Agent Thompson. Poor Jeremie took a ton of volts from that guy. This epy partially returns to the CL formula by knocking Jeremie out cold for the entire episode. Kid is gonna’ have brain trauma by series’ end, which isn’t all that bad, because then he’ll be only as smart as the rest of us. That must be the only way he ever gets any sleep.

What do we think was happening when Yumi pressed those two keys? It looked like Odd’s head was being examined, but he was feeling it. On the monitor his head lit up red like it had taken damage.

Latest bad Odd-joke:
Odd: “Any sign of ‘Spector Gadget?”
Yumi: “Yeah, how come he disappeared like that?”
Ulrich: “Guess he had another date.”

Anyone else notice that when Thompson was chasing Aelita into the street Yumi just head-butted him as he rounded the corner? She literally ran head first into him. What ever happened to the kung fu?

The mystery of the Big Fat Cheesehead:
Ulrich: “I’ve got some sort of countdown window up here.” …
Aelita: “Is there anything written above the window?”
Ulrich: “Uh-yeah. It says ‘Big Fat Cheesehead’. What does that mean?”
Aelita: “Eh-it’s a code. You started a delayed virtualization directly into the mountain sector.” …
Yumi: “Big fat cheesehead?”
Aelita: “It’s uh-uh-a private joke between Jeremie and me.”
Do I even want to know?

More witty dialogue:
Aelita: “What’s on the menu?”
Ulrich: “Usual stuff. A whole seafood platter over there and William’s the lemon.”
Homer: Mmmmm lemons. *drools*.

Aelita’s back flip off the overbike was really cool. That seems to be the new thing these days. Ulrich does it all the time to land on the backs of Krabs. Perhaps it’s homage to Trinity in The Matrix: Reloaded?

XANA’s struggling to keep control of William is very noticeable now. There’s no doubt about it. He looks totally baked for a second in two parts of the episode.

“What’s this William? Another girl get your eye?”-Witty fight banter. How I love it.

Anyone else see that Thompson actually looks when Odd says, “Hey, look up there!”? You can tell by his shadow on the wall.

The final fight sequence was meh. Xanliam was angry and threw his sword at Aelita, which looked cool. Nothing that would make you forget about the battle of the heroes at the end of Skidbladnir. (Yes, I just made a pun off of the Star Wars soundtrack.)

Since I forced you to waste the last few minutes of your life by reading this, here is something for you. To listen to it, you have to click on “download to computer”. Those paranoid about doing anything illegal need not worry. It doesn’t actually download it. You just listen to it. It’s a battle theme from an old space combat sim called “Freespace”. Those of you who have played it or its sequel know why it’s the best darn space sim ever made, but that’s beside the point. I like to think this particular track could be an alternate theme for Xanliam. Bad data compression, but oh well. The Shivans are Coming!
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext