Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:37 am

S4 Episode 6: Maiden Voyage

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How would you rate this episode?

10 = Perfect!
21%
9 = Excellent
27%
8 = Very Good
27%
7 = Good
13%
6 = Decent
8%
5 = Fair
2%
4 = ...Meh
No votes
3 = Bad
2%
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = ...It's a sinker... ^^;
No votes

Total votes : 48

Postby Haruno Sakura » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:27 pm

Great episode...

Except... the new outfits. Oh em gee. I love Ulrich's... and Yumi's looks like her gym one. Jeremy doesn't have anything different, except the striped jeans, and the change in the color of his shirt. Aelita... eww... God, her dress is hideous. Eww. Ewww. Ewwwww. (I loved her old one.) Odd's is kind of ugly too. ><'

I see 5 spots on the teleporter to get on the skid. Maybe Jeremie will soon be in Lyoko? 8D

The digital sea looks cool! :D But that circle thingy is scary! IT WAS PULL THEM IN! OH NOOOES! I totally want to see what that is. ^^
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Sakura-Chan wrote:Great episode...

Except... the new outfits. Oh em gee. I love Ulrich's... and Yumi's looks like her gym one. Jeremy doesn't have anything different, except the striped jeans, and the change in the color of his shirt. Aelita... eww... God, her dress is hideous. Eww. Ewww. Ewwwww. (I loved her old one.) Odd's is kind of ugly too. ><'

I see 5 spots on the teleporter to get on the skid. Maybe Jeremie will soon be in Lyoko? 8D

The digital sea looks cool! :D But that circle thingy is scary! IT WAS PULL THEM IN! OH NOOOES! I totally want to see what that is. ^^

I think the more vintage look suited Aelita. Ulrich's pwns beyond all understanding. (I've been obsessed with high collars ever since my crush wore one and I saw him in it... <3 ) I like the outfit Jeremie had in the showcase better than this one. Yumi's would've looked better with a skirt. And Odd...I dunno. It was kinda cute.

Jean-Pierre's I've kinda grown on, as well as Jim's. (K for Kadic, hm?) But I'm just figuring...their old outfits were just too iconic. They couldn't change. Sissi's was okay, though the absence of a headband makes her forehead look too big. Herb looks slightly nerdier, a plus. Did Nicolas change? I didn't see. Now I'm just holding out for a William. (C'mon, horn-rimmed glasses, plz...)

There is my little rant on fashion, thank you, g'night.

The 5 spots...very suspicious. We did see Xanliam in a NavSkid in the preview, so maybe he stole one. It's a possibility. But the Lyoko gang wouldn't make a spare NavSkid just for Xanliam to steal...hmm...
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:17 pm

This episode was pure awesome, and my prediction came true: now that they have a big hi-tech ship to maneuver around in, this is getting a lot like the Matrix! Other than Odd's and Aelita's new clothes outside of Lyoko, (and, to a certain extent, that gaudy green stripe on Jeremie's pants) everything was cool. I mean, Odd clashed colors before, but now his outfit is so blatant as to be annoying, and Aelita, who looked so good in her old outfit, now looks either cutesy-goth or Amish. Definitely not good looks for her! But the dialogue that took place between the characters in this eppy was top notch, not to mention that all the new stuff looked great! I certainly look forward to more of this. And how about them kongres, eh? Sweetness!

9.999999999/10, but let's round off those decimals.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:27 pm

My theory on the new outfits-

*prays I make this understandable*

For those who watched the episode in Hebrew, remember Odd and Aelita went...somewhere to find a super computer? Well apparently that was 2D, and as ranted before it's a pain staking process to animate and changing the outfits would have been annoying.

So, if they did that episode in 2D they took that oppurtunity to do something with that old outfits and come in with the new.

Feel free to make this make more sense...
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:23 pm

The whole Kadic scenario was too mundane, in my opinion. If a drill was happening, why didn't we hear any alarms going off? :umm:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Haruno Sakura » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:33 pm

Ulrich looks gorgeous. He is now added on to my favorite characters list. I can not get over Aelita's new outfit. I *hate* the collar. HATE. But... I still love Aelita no matter what. :]

God, Odd's shoes... TERRIBLE. I was like... "OMG! This is like that one time where they changed Odd's shoes from yellow to pinkish red in that one episode!" GASP! xD
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby bduddy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:49 pm

Taelia wrote:The whole Kadic scenario was too mundane, in my opinion. If a drill was happening, why didn't we hear any alarms going off? :umm:
They all left before the drill actually started, and I guess Jeremie got back after all the "exciting" stuff had ended. We had similar kinds of comprehensive drills at my middle school, and there was a lot more waiting around then alarms.
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Kamekai » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Hmmm... I missed someone winning, only to get devirtualized. If you ask me, this episode didn't really have a point. All that happened could be summed up in less than thirty seconds. Just not enough suspense, ya know? I mean, we all knew that they would get saved, right?
We didn't even have to figure out how it was going to be done, either. It was just,
"Oh no, the Skid's bugged!"
"It's okay, I have a program that'll fix it. Lemme just go get it."
"oh, okay then."

Now, I've been watching Code Lyoko from the very start, (actually, the 3rd episode.) and I must say that in my opinion, even in all it's coolness, it was one of the worst episodes ever.

'course, after seein' Skidblaknir, almost all of the other episodes (exept for all of the finales) sucked in comparison. :D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Haruno Sakura » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:57 pm

I agree with what kamekai said too.

Everybody knows they'll make it, or the show would end.

Dang, if I was in their situation... I'd be panicing like hell.
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby jaimehlers » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 pm

I liked it.

And I don't think it's really fair to compare the Skidbladnir with a sentai super robot. 99% of the time, those are made from separate and distinct vehicles that combine together for extra power. This strikes me more as a carrier - fighter type of thing. Think of those robotic fighters that a Protoss Carrier builds, for example. The Skidbladnir has the ability to enter and maneuver through the digital sea, while the pods are meant to allow everyone to fight off any incidental threats that might pop up along the meantime.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:33 pm

well, I thought it was a generallyokay episode. But am I the only one who noticed that Aelita becoming rather mean to Jeremie? Maybey spending too much time with Odd...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:41 pm

AngelBolt wrote:well, I thought it was a generallyokay episode. But am I the only one who noticed that Aelita becoming rather mean to Jeremie? Maybey spending too much time with Odd...

That's interesting...maybe my little hunch is coming true. Aelita's not Jeremie's perfect little virtual fantasy anymore- she's a real, live human. Jeremie's married to the computer- I notice that it was easier for him to talk to her when she was within a mouse's reach... Haha, I'd hate to see Jeremie's face when Aelita decides she doesn't want to be treated like a fantasy.

...I'm reading too much Megatokyo.
Carth offline

Postby Lani » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:41 pm

Yay I just watched it :D

Soo... new earth outfits, huh! Makes me... want to draw. My favorites are Ulrich's and Odd's (afnslagnsng) and uh, Aelita's well... not so much. >>;

Mm what else, oh, the music that plays when Jeremie's on the roof? That was pretty cool. The piano part to that sounded nice, I wanna play it :<

Also, "It's a replica!" ...... Just... agh. I'm going to have a REAL problem with that for a while. <s>stupid Tota :<</s>
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby UltimaHedgie » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:10 pm

Yay, I get to see it! ^_^ I voted 9. Excellent ep, but I don't think it was "Perfect."
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 pm

7/10 score from me.

Only Ulrich and Yumi got a good upgrade with the new outfits, the rest of the guys just flat out suck.

Sucked that we didn't got much real life scenes, but this episode wasn't meant for it, so yeah. No William on the episodes sucks as well.

Another turnoff from the episode was that it was for a good part literally written as a Matrix ripoff, not to a 100% of extent, but it still looked like the Matrix for moments.

Other than that, a good airing. The navigation, which I feared it would bomb, turned out to be pretty intersting.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

I actually approve of the outfits, but some flaws in them

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:35 am

I'm watching it right now on YouTube. I'm okay with everybody else's outfit, but Odd's pants are weird and Aelita looks like she came off the cover of the New Wave band ABC's "The Lexicon of Love" with the prep dress and the pink spandex pants. It does give her a retro feel. Ulrich and Yumi's are just amazing, with Ulrich combining short-sleeved button shirts and long-sleeved shirts with tight jeans, and Yumi looking less emo. I'm now okay with the outfits. I just don't like Aelita's button-up collar or Odd's capri pants. The virtualizations are cool now.

Anydangways, I was about to up when Odd was looking at the Digital Sea, but it's midnight. Well, Aelita's a pretty awesome pilot (she can drive a car while bored to the max) and have you ever noticed that Aelita's switches looked like a mixing board over at A&M Records? And Ulrich, he's getting older with his quips.

The ending was a little too fast, though, like Leonard Part 6, but wasn't as bad. Looking at the outfits close up, I can draw them, but not Aelita's. She's sticking to a hoodie/jeans/sneakers combo.

Anyways, I give it a 9/10 for flippin' righteous!
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:08 am

AngelBolt wrote:Yes, but then the Super robot goes back.

Just as long as the show doesn't turn into power rangers, I'm fine with it.

Amen. [size=0]but... Jerome wouln't do that... would he?[/size]
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tekirai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:25 am

Ulrich and Yumi's outfits = :D

Everyone else's = D:

The music that played in the early stages of exploring the sea REALLY made me laugh. xD CL and classical music don't mix too well. And the anglerfish-eel things are cool. Wouldn't like to brush THOSE teeth though. o.O

This was a really good episode! :D (And Ulrich's 'ladies first' thing zomggg. *dies*)
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:38 am

What I hated was Jim comparing Jeremie's muscles to chewing gum. :cussout: And the fire drill scenario was too mundane. A water main break would have been MUCH more exciting.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Awesome episode. I was happy! Aelita burned both Sissy AND Odd in the same 30 minetes, and drove the ginormals Skid! I was very impressed.
The 'for you, Daddy' moment was also good. She loves her dad. ;__; It's sweet.
Jeremie was AWESOME!! It was an episode for the both of them, in my opiaian, to show how much they've grown up. The pre-XANA Jeremie wouldn've have even dreamed of scaling the roof of cadic, and the S1 Aelita wouldn't have dreamed of pioleting a whole sub, basicly by herself.
Awesomeness. ^_^ I can't wait for next tuesday.
Oh, and did anyone laugh when they were playing that waltz when the sub first got into the water? I did. I almost expected Odd to start sing 'Under the Sea' or something...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:09 pm

I heard that somebody wanted to see some fanart based on the CL gang's new outfits. Well, here's my interpretation:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59644803/
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 pm

well, LadyLucy's right about one thing, I can't wait till next Tuesday.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:36 pm

kamekai wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Yes, but then the Super robot goes back.

Just as long as the show doesn't turn into power rangers, I'm fine with it.

Amen. [size=0]but... Jerome wouln't do that... would he?[/size]

Amen twice. Let's hope not!
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby yumi_yemimah » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:13 pm

I rate it 9/10

New outfits
New skidbaldnir
Jeremie was brave climbing on top of roofs at stuff and he couldnt even rock climb(i think rock climbing is easier)
The digital sea was cool I would love to swim in there Its a good place to play hide and seek under water.
Ulrichs new outfit was the best.
Aelitas was worst.
I saw Sisi's shirt but I wonder what her whole outfit was.
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:24 pm

Angebolt wrote:well, I thought it was a generallyokay episode. But am I the only one who noticed that Aelita becoming rather mean to Jeremie? Maybey spending too much time with Odd...

That...and Jeremie sort of walked into it. ^^; There's not a whole lot of point in complaining about not being good in gym...when you know very well that you've cut it willingly in order to work at your computer. Particularly not to your friends who know you've cut it repeatedly and why. XD

Anyway...

...The whole time I totally thought XANA was going to set the school on fire. They had the whole fire drill set up and I swore they were going to go with the "Oops, we're actually having a fire emergency...everybody panic!" concept. XD

Then again, CL's one of the few shows that tends to "out-twist" me, plot-wise. X)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext