Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am

S4 Episode 6: Maiden Voyage

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How would you rate this episode?

10 = Perfect!
21%
9 = Excellent
27%
8 = Very Good
27%
7 = Good
13%
6 = Decent
8%
5 = Fair
2%
4 = ...Meh
No votes
3 = Bad
2%
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = ...It's a sinker... ^^;
No votes

Total votes : 48

Postby YDV » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:46 pm

I KNOW THE SKID WAS SO AMAZING *___*

But it reeked of Power Rangers. >>; Oh well. It still made my inner scifi geek very happy. :B

Soooo I missed the first 10 minutes or so. I have one simple, burning question.

WTF IS UP WITH THEIR OUTFITS?!

My first thought was my TV was malfunctioning. Then I thought maybe their clothes burned and they had to grab random stuff. But no. xD; Everyone's is cool, though, pretty much. Except for Jeremie and Aelita's. I'm sorry, but... no. >/

*ahem* Anywho. THE INTERNET IS SO MADE OF WIN. <3333 Seriously. And I am now officially an Aelita fan<s>girl</s> <s>boy</s>thing. *__* SHE HAS WINGS. AND PILOTS A SHIP THAT TRAVERSES THE INTERNET. Speaking of. Wouldn't it be cool if they were a-sailin' along and they passed LF? :B Just saying, you know. An homage would be nice <s>since we gave them like half their ideas, I swear.</s>

Oh, and may I point out. The last time Jeremie fell on a roof was Garage Kids. :B

sdhfkjdshfkdsjfh omg. I haven't been this excited since Carthage *__*
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:49 pm

This episode was awesome! :D Finally, some REAL action for once!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:50 pm

Hoe do you watch the episodes live, TB3? Considering that UK doesn't get it live...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:01 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:Hoe do you watch the episodes live, TB3? Considering that UK doesn't get it live...

Tech Links. They now have a live fee of the episode.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:01 pm

I always get them off Youtube, but I dunno how TB3 gets 'em so fast. o.O Unless he already saw it or something.

Anyway, I just watched the commercial for it. Cooooooool. Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow. But Jeremie DOES NOT SUIT RED/BROWN/PURPLE/WHATEVER COLOUR HIS CLOTHES ARE. Dx
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:02 pm

Erm, it was good, excellent in terms of linking Jeremie's story all around, but lacking in pacing, especially toward the last 60 seconds when scenes changed with NO PROVOCATION. not even 'duh duh du du du du' character bump or a pause or anything.

Good points:
Jeremie getting a linked plot and being the focus instead of the secondary he usually is.
New clothes, they work for almost everybody except Aelita who looks... unhappy in the more muted colors and shape. Sissi and Herve benefitted as well interestingly enough. Interesting again to me that Sissi actually looks more... personable? human? something nicer anyway, even though her limited screen time was limited to quips. Herve got a bit more spine snipeing at her.
Skid combat is (pun fully intended) very fluid. It puts the danger back that you don't feel in the Lyoko fights much anymore.
Digital Sea and Lyoko/internet topography knowledge is very nice to have always.
Series of tubes joke, or near enough
"World Information Network" (WIN, anybody?)

Bad Points:
Again, all muted danger, nothing really happened except their own screwup and some minor enemy skirmishing.
Pacing was miserable, especially in the latter half, ESPECIALLY in the last 60 seconds. The final few scenes had some editing moments that would make season one embarassed, and are only topped by that infamous 'scene from the wrong episode' in one of the S2 or S3 eps.
Repetitive 'are you ready? yes. yes. oh Odd, you clown.' style quotes weren't needed so frequently. Aelita doesn't need to announce every little button she pushes either, but I don't see that going anywhere for a while.
Didn't care for the casual underwater theme, too close to another stock song we all know.

Thoughts:
This ep narrowly rises above mediocrity, and suffers from some technical flaws, but an intersting narrative for Jeremie which we rarely see, and the usual cool new eye candy. Would give it a 7/10 perhaps, but it gets a 6/10 for slapping me in the face with some stupid scene transitions and to help ballance the "LOL BEST 10/10!~" votes.

(PS Edit: TB3 would be right about the Aelita/daddy line being so good, it was cute subtle writing. Except it was therefore naturally ballanced out by her giving a per episode requisite reminder of his condition and whineing about how it must be for him.

Also what happened to me, I still love the show but I'm so critical :/)
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby MewmiC » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Okay so see the network, get the new outfits, find the first Replika and Jeremie on the roof of the school...where to start. I guess the outfits.

My favorite in the gang is Ulrich's and Yumi's, Aelita's is kinda strange looking (but still cute) Odd's fits him but makes him look even more svelte and Jeremie's, I don't know I just don't like it. Sissi got the best out of all of them, and no more head band.

The network looks so cool, it's just like an underwater city and it's beautiful *_* . The Kongre's are even more creepy now that their seen in action those eyes are gonna give me nightmares. How did Aelita know that the sphere they came across wasn't Lyoko anyway?

The fight was pretty good but the best part had to be Jeremie on the roof of the school, poor guy got no credit though. He almost fell twice and no one believes him.

Okay I'm done, good episode but the last few scenes felt very rushed.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Malkmusian » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:14 pm

I couldn't see the episode. I was over at Golden Corral, but what do you mean by the new outfits? Can you just describe them to me?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:15 pm

XANAcomputer wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:Hoe do you watch the episodes live, TB3? Considering that UK doesn't get it live...

Tech Links. They now have a live fee of the episode.

Eff. Should have known about it before. :arg:
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:59 pm

So many pirate jokes...so little time. XDXD

Um, anyway, very nice episode! Woot for new outfits! They're really awesome! :D The CL gang getting new ones was to be expected...but new outfits for Jim, Mr. Delmas, and Sissi as well? O.o Awesome! Sissi even got a new hair style, I noticed. X)

The Skid rocks out loud. It's really hard to compare it to any one super robot or concept...especially since Power Rangers took that idea from several other pre-existing shows, and there's far many other franchises that have used it. It's more just a popular concept that tends to make sense when one has a team of fighters that need to be able to break away and or battle independently of their main ship.

*is bricked for being a plot-concept nerd* XD;

And woot for them explaining things about how the Skid works, how the InterWeb works, and how...stuff in general works. I think I might have heard a few LTT-based concepts in there...which is pretty spectacular if that's true. ^^

Er, so yeah, Skid rocks...the NavSkids rock. The InterWeb is sweet (and that would have been majorly awesome to just see a little LF logo on one of the walls *giggles* ). And pretty much everything relating to the Skid and the Digital Sea was amazing. I dare say that big sphere they saw in the InterWeb was probably a Replika! ^^

...They should be shot though for that clear rip of the "Blue Danube" during the Skid's "flight" scene. XDXD Although seeing Odd act like a kid in a candy store, looking out of the Skid's windows, was priceless. *snickers* And, of course, his pod is the one that's mostly anchored sideways. *snerk*

Really great dialogue in this.

"Who taught you to drive, Aelita?" "You did, Odd." "Oh...right..." :*D

And Aelita's dedication to her dad was very sweet. ^_^

And for a change, Jeremie wins over everyone in awesomeness for the episode! XD Seriously, that was just cool. ^.^

Lol at Ulrich's tiny little "jealous glare" when Yumi mentioned William. X) Some things never change. *giggles*

Very awesome episode! I can't wait for the next one! :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby X.A.N.A » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:18 pm

Nice episode! I agree that Jeremie and Aelita's new outfits are..... meh. I too noticed that fourth nav-skid, along with the fifth transportation pad... wonder what that's all about. :umm:

I give this episode a 7/10, would have been 8/10 if not for the last minute bit where we go from Jeremie's hands by the keys to everyone back in the factory....could have just done a quick fade in/out.
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:19 pm

Screenshots, we need screenshots! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:40 pm

MewmiC wrote: How did Aelita know that the sphere they came across wasn't Lyoko anyway?
Perhaps she sensed its demonic energy! Also, I'm predicting that the next episode "Crash Course" will involve the Skid being pulled in by the gravity of the other sphere again as the gang wishes to explore it. But what's worse? The Scyphozoa has implanted a virus into the Skid (virtual ship) which was Xana's plan since Xana knew that the Lyoko gang was going to explore this Replika of Lyoko. As a result, while the Skid is being pulled in by the gravity of this other sphere, Aelita cannot navigate the Skid in avoiding this pull of gravity as the Skid is out of control now when driven by Aelita and also cannot separate (like the T-ship in Teen Titans) due to the fact that the Skid has the virus that the Scyphozoa implanted into it. Nor can Aelita shoot torpedoes towards the wall of this sphere (which would be torpedoes that would go extremely fast due to the immense gravity of the sphere which is pulling these torpedoes in which would result in extreme impact upon the sphere) which would result in an opening that the ship can travel through because once again, the Skid has that virus.

As a result, Aelita says "We're going in" and manages to navigate the ship directly right through the sphere which sends the Skid crashing right through the wall of this sphere directly into Sector 5 (the Replika) which results in the Skid scraping across the Sector 5 Replika's floor which results in a bunch of sparks. After which, the Lyoko gang gets out of the virtual ship and explores this Sector 5 Replika which is not yet fully created as we get to see parts of it missing (such as the pedestals walls, etc). In other words, the Replika of Lyoko Xana created is not yet fully created (including its other sectors) which is why there are those other supercomputers under Xana's control so that this Replika of Lyoko will be fully created.

But then danger spills right in as the gap that was created when the ship crashed through becomes bigger and bigger while water is pouring through it and the Sector 5 Replika ends up filling up with water from the Digital Sea. As a result, the Lyoko gang has to get materialized back into the real world fast before it's too late!
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Carth » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:52 pm

RAWr.

I was, at first, not too impressed with this episode. It seemed pretty plot-thin, and the new outfits were a bit of a shock. (Though pwnish they were- I liked Aelita's, kinda, though the pants underneath could have been done without. I don't like Jean-Pierre's or Jim's. They're just too iconic to change.)

But the Skid- WOW. I loved seeing the underside of the digital...sea...the descriptions are a bit over my head. I'll have to hear Aelita's description of Lyoko's setup again. The Kongre were funny as well. I loved their tails for some reason.

I somehow found it funny when the Skid glided over the Sea...and then just suddenly plopped on in. XD

I loved Jeremie's climb over the roof. Nice to see him doing something physical for once, poor kid. I like his pants. Though, it's different from the one we saw in that other thread...that other one had the tag 'pilot'. What pilot? I don't get it...

No Xanliam. D'aww. No eye candy for me. I wonder if William will get a new outfit in the real world as well. For some reason I want him to have glasses. A nice pair of square black horn-rims...more as an accessory than a necessity. I have a glasses fetish. 0_0

Overall, I thought the episode was a bit rushed, with too little happening in too much time. But still, very awesome. I hope the next one is a bit more WOWlike. And has Xanliam. X3

I'd say this one's around a 7.1/10. Not bad, but not really up to par compared to Skidbladnir.

Well, I'm off to see how the fanartists have interpreted this. *scoots*
Carth offline

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:05 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
He Who Once Dreamed wrote:But, agreeance on the warrior thing. <s>Dear duck, I was just watching MMPR this morning too....</s>

Was it the ep where the Megazord goes underwater?

Yanno what? It was o___O And I always loved how the Dragonzord lived in the water and Tommy could summon it with his dagger-flute thing xDD

Cassius335 wrote:
Sutefii-chan wrote:Kind of a spoiler, but yes, they all start out combined in the submarine and can break apart.

Ah, I see. Like the Super Robot from SRMTHFG! or the T-ship from Teen Titans.

T-ship's a better comparision in my opinion but right. xD

<s>I liked the theme song for SRMTHFG! SRMTHFG! Fighting many evils things, that is our goal. SRMTHFG! Come on us! Let's go! -Or yanno, something like that...xDDDD-</s>

<s>Has yet to watch the episode but watching it later ^_^</s>
Last edited by Shi_Min_Xi on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:33 pm

Mewberries151 wrote: (and that would have been majorly awesome to just see a little LF logo on one of the walls *giggles* ).

We have a logo?

Maybe we should have a logo-making contest, I designed one a little while ago for a neckalce I was gonna make...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby SnIp3r_WoLf » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:03 pm

I thought it was a pretty cool episode...

And the Skid!! Two words: Pure Awesomeness! I loved the fight scene with the Kongres, it was ....um.. well I don't know how to describe it... but it was cool.

The new outfits... Jeremie's, Aelita's, and Jim's I didn't like that much...well.. Jeremie's pants were cool, but the turtleneck wasn't... Everyone else's were okay with me.

And I agree with whoever said the last bit was rushed...

Overall, though, it was a pretty cool episode..

SnIp3r_WoLf offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:14 pm

I hated the whole Kadic scenario. The students were just standing outside doing nothing. >:(
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:39 pm

AngelBolt wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote: (and that would have been majorly awesome to just see a little LF logo on one of the walls *giggles* ).

We have a logo?

Maybe we should have a logo-making contest, I designed one a little while ago for a neckalce I was gonna make...

*points* The little LF logo in the top left corner of the page (the description kind of covers it). ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 am

Excellent! The new outifts, the technology, the design for the Internet, all a job-well done!

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:48 am

I liked the part where Jeremie was on the roof of the dorm...that was neatly done.

I hated the part when they were just..in the ship one second, and standing around Jeremie the next....its like huh what...crazy.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sankyou » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 am

Omg!!!! I missed this eppie!!! :sad6: ;__; >:O Is it on YouTube?!
The British Mod Squad:
Simon Cowell.
Hugh Laurie.
Gordon Ramsay.

Our team sustains Jeremie/Yumi and House/Wilson!
Sankyou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: In a dark, cold room, crying because House/Wilson is non-canon.

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:09 am

I'm gonna have to start with a fashion recap...ugh, for the most part.

-Aelita: You look like you fell out of the early 1900's now. Distinctly Victorian cut on that dress-thingy she was wearing, though I like the color and lack of puff balls dangling from it.

-Yumi: She, meanwhile, looked liek hse just got back from some serious Flashdancing. It would've been better had there been no other garment on under her peasant top.

-Odd: Love the new top. Outside of that, WTF are they thinking? His shoes are ghastly, red clunkers that would look more at home in the Wizard of Oz. Also (and I only noticed it when he was sitting), but the pants aren't reching all the way down. That would make them capris, correct? I've only heeard of girls wearing capris. Stereotypes are being perpetuated here...

-Ulrich: I'm not sure about the sticking up collar, but the open shirt look at least seems current. His hair seems spikier than even, though.

-Jeremie: I like his new shirt better under lab lighting, where it has a red tinge to it. If it looked like that al the time, I'd be for it. But the shirt is boring, and the pants have an unfortunate electric blue stripe running down the legs.

I missed the first three minutes, so I did not see any new designs for anyone else. As for the content of the show, I hope we don't get stock footage of the Skid takeoff that's as long as it took this time. The ship in action was a thing to behold. Where did the kids learn to pilot so effectively (the video game reason given does not sit well with me). Also, unless I misheard, the nav skids can only take one hit before being KO'ed? So you'll never, ever see one get hit msot likely, or else the character inside will meet the digital sea and eternal virtualization. That tanks.

But, looking past the outfits and my squabbles about the ship's makeup, Jeremie went all tracker ninja this episode, which was in turns thrilling and amusing. The battles with the kongres (conger eels) now has them as my second fav. monster, behind the mantas. Maybe it was the lack of the seemingly prerequisite William battle that stood out the most. The episode was fine without him. OVerall, an 8/10. They could've screwed this up so much worse, but things could've gone better, too.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby TB3 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:21 am

Speaking of the Naskids - did anyone else notice that they each had a personalised colour-stripe down the side in a different style - Odd's was a wavy-purple, Ulrich a jagged-yellow, and Yumi's was overlapping pink and red. Anyone see what the 4th was coloured in?

Stonecreek wrote:Where did the kids learn to pilot so effectively (the video game reason given does not sit well with me).

Well it's entirely possible that Jeremie built the Nav-skids around the pre-existing software for the over-vehicles, so the kids would be familiar with the handling and mobility, just spruced up a bit (remember that Odd compares the two, so that may imply similiarities).

Regarding the controls, it seems to me that to save on training time and improve on familiarity Jeremie probably took a video-game (Galatic Invaders?) cracked it's programming and styled the the Skid and Navskid controls around it (Mucho Grande' Copyright Theft!). Judging from the show, the kids have been playing a LOT of 'Galactic Invaders' lately, so that may well be them training-up for piloting the Skidships.

Also (and this is more of a personal theory), in the past Odd has shown a degree of...erm...'psychic' control over the Overboard (first instance of this was 'The Chips are Down', and more recently, check out 'Wreck Room' where it moves by itself into an intercepting position to catch him), so it's entirely possible that the Navskids, like the overboard, are linked into their pilot's minds somewhat, making piloting a bit more intuitive).
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:48 am

Shame I missed this..
Semi- nice feedback though..
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext