Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 pm

S4 Episode 6: Maiden Voyage

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How would you rate this episode?

10 = Perfect!
21%
9 = Excellent
27%
8 = Very Good
27%
7 = Good
13%
6 = Decent
8%
5 = Fair
2%
4 = ...Meh
No votes
3 = Bad
2%
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = ...It's a sinker... ^^;
No votes

Total votes : 48

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Mahree wrote:That's interesting...maybe my little hunch is coming true. Aelita's not Jeremie's perfect little virtual fantasy anymore- she's a real, live human. Jeremie's married to the computer- I notice that it was easier for him to talk to her when she was within a mouse's reach... Haha, I'd hate to see Jeremie's face when Aelita decides she doesn't want to be treated like a fantasy.

...I'm reading too much Megatokyo.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Aelita and love her to no end, but I would find it kind of discouraging if she decided Jeremie wasn't the one she loved after all. I mean, Jeremie really did seem to have a great deal of affection for her, at least at first, and he was the one to finally free her from her virtual prison, not to mention that guys like Jeremie hardly ever seem to find a good girl like Aelita to spend happy moments with... it would be really sad. I guess Odd is nice and cool too, but I think that Jeremie might still deserve Aelita if he just works a bit more to keep his act together.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:54 am

Planet Cool wrote:
Mahree wrote:That's interesting...maybe my little hunch is coming true. Aelita's not Jeremie's perfect little virtual fantasy anymore- she's a real, live human. Jeremie's married to the computer- I notice that it was easier for him to talk to her when she was within a mouse's reach... Haha, I'd hate to see Jeremie's face when Aelita decides she doesn't want to be treated like a fantasy.

...I'm reading too much Megatokyo.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Aelita and love her to no end, but I would find it kind of discouraging if she decided Jeremie wasn't the one she loved after all. I mean, Jeremie really did seem to have a great deal of affection for her, at least at first, and he was the one to finally free her from her virtual prison, not to mention that guys like Jeremie hardly ever seem to find a good girl like Aelita to spend happy moments with... it would be really sad. I guess Odd is nice and cool too, but I think that Jeremie might still deserve Aelita if he just works a bit more to keep his act together.

Wow, I would find it both an amazing writing job and incredibly depressing if Aelita's interest in Jeremie waned the longer she was on Earth. I agree totally that she should push to be treated as a human and not a geek fantasy like Jeremie orriginally saw the whole thing, but unlike what this concept would involve, I think Jeremie isn't the a complete goofus forever, and except for the occasional thing (I don't like music all that much even though its fast becoming your favorite hobby, etc.) he seems to adapt to her as a complete human being well. (Most) All of the evidence in the show really points to them being mostly stable with the occasional row though. So I wind up agreeing with Planet Cool more in this case, he sort of deserves her attentenions still.

Then I read that something like this was in Megatokyo and lost my will to call it good writing. Seriously that strip is dren, people.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby ambitiouslove » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. It was really something new to see the Skid in action... Though seeing 5 platforms avaiable for transport makes me wonder about what's in store...

Wow, that'd be really sad if Aelita lost interest with Jeremie. They communicated so much and spend so much alone time together working... But I can see now that she's on Earth, she might stray or at least have feeling for someone else eventually... (like Odd). Personally I think that Aelita wouldn't want to hurt Jeremie, so she'd probably remain by his side if she still liked him or if her feelings started to stray. I can see her making more sacrifices for him than the other way around.
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:27 pm

This was an OK episode, I suppose...

I HATE Jeremie's new outfit. I'm not a fan of wearing brown, so I didn't like the shirt, but the pants... Lime green and electric blue? Hideous, and the clash with the shirt! Gross. And Aelita's new outfit... not much better. Not enough pink, she's not the type to wear dark colors like that. I liked Odd's new outfit, except the shoes, and Yumi's was just fine, but Ulrich's... ZOMG HAWTTNESS. I don't know why, but Ulrich just looks REALLY attractive in that outfit. Also, it fits the tough-guy attitude he tries to display. Sissi's new outfit was great, and Herve's made him look even more nerdy. I loved Jim's new outfit, it retains his identity while upgrading his fashion sense.

The Skid was awesome. HOWEVER... I noticed a subtle Star Trek rip-off. Quoth the Jeremie:
Step onto one of the transporter pads.
Energize!
Transporter? Hmmm... where could that be from? And who doesn't know the classic "Energize" line? Although most people confise it for "Beam me up, Scotty," which was never actually spoken. And why were there five pads? Perhaps Jeremie will be paying a visit soon? Or perhaps foreshadowing that William may someday use the Skid as well, as an ally? The action scenes with the NavSkids were great, but not able to take a hit? That's kinda weird, they should me more defended, especially if they were designed for combat. And I loved the "This is for you, daddy". But it seems like he's mentioned in EVERY episode. WE GET IT, FRANZ IS IN THE DIGITAL SEA.

No Xanaliam? What's up with that? Isn't he supposed to be in the Digital Sea, too? I would have thought that he would have came to call... but I guess not. He was devirtualized last episode, there's a slight chance that he's gone for good. I hope not, though. And not for the reasons you think, don't mind my signature.

I'm glad that Lyoko's "Geography" was finally explained. Lyoko is a bubble inside a liquid. That liquid is the Digital Sea, which is connected via a "floodgate" to <s>the Interwebz</s> the network. I loved the subtle "Internet tubes" joke, when Jeremie said "I expect you'll be in an immense network of tunnels". But who programmed the Internet to have a visual form? We should call Al Gore, I'm sure he'll know. I remember that when Lyoko was reporgrammed again, we saw a flash of a greenish-blue dome form with a little funnel thing at the bottom. I always wondered what that was, and know I know that it was the exterior of Lyoko. Funny, I always imagined a sci-fi like energy forcefield or something.

So, Lyoko and the Replikas have virtual gravity? Interesting, this new insight about geography and even physics may give something for the LTT people to discuss... which kinda includes me. Anyways, I give this episode an 8.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:02 pm

well, we already knew Lyoko had artificial gravity, but I always wondered, Is it programmed in or what? I'm sure we all remembered the completely unexpected time Xana turned Lyoko sideways, but now that Lyoko is officially a bubble, how did Xana pull it off? Yup. I'm sure this season will upset a lot of our current LTT theories. Hmm...

UPDATE: off topic, but "Don't Jump Yumi!"
Arghh... once again, the art of clever marketing tricks has me captivated!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:44 am

Well, don't forget Jeremie had to ressurect lyoko, so some of the rules may have changed.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:11 am

Pacing was miserable, especially in the latter half, ESPECIALLY in the last 60 seconds. The final few scenes had some editing moments that would make season one embarassed, and are only topped by that infamous 'scene from the wrong episode' in one of the S2 or S3 eps.

What scene was that?

"Oh no, the Skid's bugged!"
"It's okay, I have a program that'll fix it. Lemme just go get it."
"Oh, okay then."

I think that about sums it up. I gave up on storyline development a long time ago. Now I’m contenting myself with the pretty CGI and dialogue.

The Skid rocks out loud. It's really hard to compare it to any one super robot or concept...especially since Power Rangers took that idea from several other pre-existing shows, and there's far many other franchises that have used it. It's more just a popular concept that tends to make sense when one has a team of fighters that need to be able to break away and or battle independently of their main ship.

Factoid: In the Star Trek universe there exists a ship called the Prometheus that can split itself into three separate vessels for multi-angle attacks.

Regarding the controls, it seems to me that to save on training time and improve on familiarity Jeremie probably took a video-game (Galatic Invaders?) cracked it's programming and styled the the Skid and Navskid controls around it (Mucho Grande' Copyright Theft!). Judging from the show, the kids have been playing a LOT of 'Galactic Invaders' lately, so that may well be them training-up for piloting the Skidships.

I’m getting some serious Megas XLR flashbacks just now. Who says video games don’t teach you anything useful? Stfu, Jack Thompson.

I loved the part where they were taking the Skid for a stroll through the cyber city and that remix of "Blue Danube" played. That was one of those priceless moments in CL history that you never forget, like the time XANA attacked with a monster made entirely out of food.

I hate everyone’s new outfits. They’re either too bulky or just god-awful ugly. Why, Aelita? Just… just… why?
I did love Herve’s new outfit. I wanted so much for Ulrich to look up at him and say, “Nice sweater.” That would have been perfect.

I noticed a hugely obvious homage to Star Trek with the transporter into the Skid. “Step onto one of the transporter pads.” “Energize.” That was awesome. Not everything is a rip-off. Say it with me, people: Homage. Maybe the fifth spot on the transporter pad was for when they rescue William?

Aelita was a complete bee-otch to Jeremie, saying he was lame at athletics! How can she be so mean? And she never apologized. I think Jeremie ought to give her a good smackin’ and show her who’s boss. Be like, “Woman! Make me a sandwich!” J/K

Jeremie shouldn’t have taken all that smack from Jim about his muscles. I’m a pretty conservative guy, but if a teacher were hassling me like that I would have flipped ‘em the bird.

I loved the “This is for you, Dad” moment. Aelita’s past still makes me sad.

I’ve noticed that Aelita and Jeremie have both grown more confident in their own abilities. It seems Moonscoop slipped some character development in when no one was paying attention.

Could the Lyoko Replica sphere they found have to do with another super computer infected by XANA? I heard there was one in the Amazon or something? I think it would require a super compy to run a Lyoko replica.

Why in the world would things in the Internet have virtual gravity? For what purpose? Who programmed that?

Why did the water turn red at one point? I’m guessing XANA. He never was good at subtlety.

Lyoko’s geography was explained in the most Voyager-like piece of dialogue yet. That was nice.

Did anyone else notice how quickly the elevator door opened? It was like "Woosh!" I guess Jeremie finally got around to using WD40 on it.

And remember everyone; the Internet is not a big truck. It’s a series of tubes.
*falls out of chair laughing*
Last edited by zex marquise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Boss Tamsy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:56 am

My friend filled me in othe episode on wednesday since I missed it.(I work late tuesdays)On saturday I saw the rerun of it. His description was actually very accurate. Do you think they'll eventually go into XANAlyoko?
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby HiddenWatcher » Mon May 12, 2008 4:54 pm

Wow. Jeremie has people to make his comebacks for him. Now that's what I call style.

About Aelita's comment: Well, she could have gone with a tender speech about how she doesn't care about athletics and how she likes Jeremie for who he is regardless of his abilities in sports or lack thereof. The only problem is that would have embarrassed him ten times more. Instead she managed to convey the same sentiment and tease him at the same time.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous