Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

Just In Time

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Where do you put Just In Time?

10. A step closer to materializing Aelita...
50%
9. Hey, don't knock the test tube.
25%
8. No real bugs that I can see. Well, except for the obvious one..
25%
7. Better than a kick to the side of the head.
No votes
6. This episode made it, by a hair.
No votes
5. Enough with the spinning Krab shot...
No votes
4. Maybe this episode should sacrifice itself too.
No votes
3. Jeremie cried, I cried... But for a different reason.
No votes
2. Someone call a time out already.
No votes
1. Wasn't this important enough to be worked on too?
No votes
0. Not even regenerating Aelita could save it now.
No votes

Total votes : 4

Just In Time

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:21 am

I think this is one of the first "something Jeremie programs goes wrong" episodes. When he manages to materialize one of Aelita's hairs to Earth, everything seems to have gone fine... That is, until he realizes he bugged up her program, and if she enters a tower she'll vanish forever. And of course, XANA picks that moment to launch an attack...

For the J/A fan, this was a pretty good episode. It had a sweet little moment at the end, plus a few things earlier on as well. It's also another one where Aelita shows that she puts everyone else's safety ahead of hers, and will willingly sacrifice herself for a good cause. ...Besides, the scene between Odd, Yumi, and Ulrich (mainly Ulrich and Yumi) near the beginning can't be beat ;P xD

Everyone else's thoughts? xD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:43 pm

Finally, we got to see some Aelita in a real life, but not all of her...yet. That's still a step closer to getting Miss Hopper out of there.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:50 pm

When Aelita sacrificed herself, I was sad. But then Einstein fixed everything and I was able to call off my week-long depression. Aelita's near-death experiences always get me worked up. Stop tormenting me, Moonscoop. If they do it a third time, she had better actually die. Otherwise don't kill her again.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Carth » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:44 am

When I first read about this episode on TV.com (TV.com...) I was very excited for it to come up on CN (CN...)'s lineup because I wanted to see how it would play out. I remember being impressed by it, so I hope I still am!

I also remember that it's the only episode CL.fr doesn't have caps for. This makes me sad.

I'm sure you all know about the French title being a pun on the hair so I don't have to share that...except I just did instead of making a remark about the theme song.

I'm gonna see if I can interpret Jeremie's technobabble! Interface transferred...something to do with Aelita's code maybe. Virtual memory, something to do with connecting her to the scanners maybe. Okay, I give up. It's technobabble.

The elusive green plus sign! PARTY TIME! I didn't remember the hanging sort of bit here, where Jeremie goes to the scanners, and I guess the 2003/4 viewer would expect an Aelita, and instead get...

Yumi's foot! Is this a remnant from Garage Kids, them sparring? Prolly. Except no awkward sexual tackle. Lol, Odd's taunting Kiwi.

"I think he was working on something really important..." "AELITA!" Their shifty little faces made me fall in love with all of them. ALL OF THEM. YES, EVEN YUMI. And ordinarily i'm not a fan of hers.

The only thing I can say here is, "Boot to the head."

"Hey, guys! Guess what I did last night!" There are many answers to that question, fellow-me-lad. The way it sounds it almost sounds like they're drilling him about whether he got to first base...which, for Jeremie, materializing a hair is like getting to first base xD

I also noticed that it's here some more story aspects are starting to come together. I mean, the hair is progress.

"You materialized a test tube." Ulrich, I love you more than the rest of them right now. Though I can't blame him for not seeing the hair; it's hard for me to see with the crappy resolution I have.

I can't decide whether that blush of his is cute or creepy. And I don't want to know what he was planning to do with the hair either.

"Comparable to the genetic code of a human". You mean EXACTLY like the genetic code of a human. Cause. Yanno. She's human. I sorta understood it too.

"No means we take your word for it." As much as I hate it when they get stuck up in later seasons, I like it when they get smarter. Especially Aelita. That face of hers was cute when it was all that was expected of her, but after three seasons in the real world it just seems insultingly airheaded. I mean, she's let them do all the talking. The chance to be with them and she has not a word to say about it? She says two words in this whole scene- "Okay, Jeremie!". That's...just not right.

This is a strange reversal...in the finale, it was Yumi who was so eager to get it over and done with and Jeremie who didn't want to let go. I guess things changed. Hey, is this the first time this has been explained? Good job, plot! Nice to have you moved along.

Ah, Red Exclamation Point! Knew you couldn't stay away for long. Odd pulling down his eyelids = lulz.

So far, aside from incomprehensible technobabble there's nothing I can complain about...wait, what's this? Yumi understands what he's talking about AND joins him in making no sense? We're moving forward.

"Can't you ever be serious, Odd?" Yumi, if he was serious, the show would be no fun.

"With all the hairs he sheds, I could knit you another Kiwi!" One, I'm surprised that a shorthaired/hairless little dog like whatever Kiwi is sheds nearly that much, and two, I really want to see this. I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS.

Hey, I just remembered a scene that annoys me! This one! Sissi. Though I do like this- "Can I sit down?" "No."

And this! I forgot this XANA attack was in this episode, with her breaking the glass! One of my favorite scenes actually, so very emotionally charged as it is. And blood! A little bit.

Hello again, <s>Yolande</s> Dorothy! Why would she leave Ulrich in charge of putting Yumi's bandage on? For the awkward sexual awkward? Perhaps.

The glass is fragile like their love lives. And the sweet romantic music...and over a year later, I have no idea why they're not together.

I love how the music stopped when the cell phone rang. It was almost comical.

I also forgot about this little plot point! D8! But, wait...if I remember the end correctly, if they deleted Aelita and then remade her from another copy, didn't they *technically* kill her? Even if she has all the same memories, her previous form no longer exists on this plane. And add to that the Lyoko Warriors. Is their physical data just stored until they're rematerialized, or are they replaced with new copies from the digital data each time? Maybe they die every time they enter the scanner and never know it...okay I'm getting too far into this, on with your cartoon.

"I'm not leaving this computer!" Do you ever?

Word to kids: If Kiwi's barking incessantly, go find a tower cause one's been activated. Or get away from the window. FOR CHRISSAKES, GET AWAY FROM THE WINDOW.

"Ulrich, clean up your bed, there's hair all over it." I'm not sure whether I liked Jim as a supersrs but slightly incompetent guy, a fairly incompetent but still job-oriented guy, or a rather incompetent guy with only some semblance of what he should be doing with his time.

THIS SCENE! This episode's full of great moments! "Stop chewing my slipper!" Classic. So he cares so much about that slipper, and then sorta throws it aside?

LOL! Jeremie's widdle drawers...I always loved how he turned her away, and his little blush...and I have to admit I cheered when Aelita tried to peer around the edge. Handkerchief. Really. Possibly one of my favorites scenes ever. I think I might be close to saying I actually legitimately enjoy this ep.

Ceiling be cracking! "I always said Sissi's head was full of plaster!" Odd, don't insult your wife.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Yumi's speaking in Ulrich's voice! And then speaks in hers again. VERY jarringly. Thankfully not about herself. Ohboy.

His staring was aww, too. I can see into his head. "Her voice is very familiar. I think I'd like to hear that voice all the time."

Odd, there are no coincidences.

Oh my god Jeremie's world is faaaalllliiinggg apart. Now the show might be ending.

Quick addition because I have some free time, but nowhere near completion... Humidity. You always have to have mundane excuses for everything, don't you, Muggles? Jim hopping around the doorways looking for Kiwi is hillarious. That, my friends, is ADHD. Expensive school damage and he's worried about a dog.

I wonder why they were just sorta walking along calmly when they suspected XANA...maybe they were waiting for confirmation from the smart people.

Kadic has a PA system? I didn't know Kadic had a PA system...

Yumi, stop spending all of your time in the nude. I wonder how many people are going to rewatch this episode because I said that.

And this, children, is why you gotta take the headphones out of your ears sometimes- you don't hear important things!

"What's wrong with your dog?" More like what's wrong with your life, Tamiya. Oh dear, it looks like they're trapped.

Okay, attack the factory, yeah, but why also the school? Just to demonstrate XANA's mighty might? Or is it a sort of blanket thing?

Yumi, if the dogs are howling, RUN. RUN LIKE HELL. Power going out. That can't be good in the slightest.

Return of the spinny thing! Though I've noticed Ulrich looks less pointy, so the animation is improving. Some of the trees have roots hanging in midair. I never noticed that. Aelita's clearly smarter than her friends.

And now every OddSissi shipper ever goes I TOLD YOU SO as Sissi cries for Odd. Even if it would be logical that anyone would be distressed if they knew that a classmate, even a hated one- wait, especially a hated one- was stuck in a collapsing building. <s>I still told you so</s>

I think if Odd told me a ten-meter drop was gonna be okay, it would be okay.

Have yo ever noticed that some sectors are safer dropoff-wise than others? Like, in the desert, it's a lot harder to fall into the Digital Sea than it is in the Forest, because the Desert has more plains than paths?

A laser drilled a hole in a tree. I don't think that's ever happened before.

Scanner scanner. And now for the thrilling conclusion! I like the bits of rubble on the ground. Or should I say photoshopped onto the ground.

So Ulrich can see/hear/whatever pulsations too? THREE KANKRELATS OH MY GA-OD. And Yumi ran right through them. Damn. They're getting better!

Yay! Hero Odd saves the day <s>and his future ex-girlfriend!</s>

Krabes! In this fragile environment this might be something to worry about. Though Ulrich also seems to be running through them very easily. Krabe's head go bang bang. Every go hidey hide.

It's safe? This can't last long...aww...did Aelita get hit? Red Exclamation Point, please don't join the party.

And here we go. Is this Aelita's...third intended suicide? I'm still sticking with my theory that, as a nonhuman, Aelita had no sense of any concept of inherent human worth or dignity, and thus her "life" had little personal meaning to her. Though clearly Jeremie thinks she's worth everything...awww!!

That scene with Aelita smiling and waving at an ashen-faced Yumi is terrifying.

Tower...tower...tower scene is worse. She didn't have to say that last goodbye. If she actually had died it would have tortured him forever.

That sad little inflection on his voice makes me ;______;

This frustrates me. Jeremie's world is ending, and Yumi's clearly crying, but Ulrich and Odd just sigh it off? I thought Aelita was supposed to be your friend.

Now this is a moral dilemma, like I said above. Did Aelita die in the tower that night? Is the Aelita that's been running around for the next few seasons just a copy of the real Aelita, who's been dead for a year and a half? Creepier still, how many times has this happened?

Well, who cares! They think it's Aelita so as far as I'm concerned they brought her back from the dead. Aww Ulrich/Yumi hug. And Jeremie cries. "Why is there water on your face?" "I'll tell you later." That scene always underscored for me how alien Aelita was. Cute, cute, cute!

And everybody laughs. I guess after grieving a death it's a manic response.

PROS:
- Storking amazing plot structure
- Good lines for everyone
- "Stop chewing my slipper" scene
- Ulrich/Yumi awwww
- Odd/Sissi awwww

CONS:
- Aelita being Miss Off-Myself

Overall, one of the better S1 episodes. Definitely worth a rewatch, if only to see Jeremie get all flustered about his drawers.
Carth offline

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:30 pm

You raise an interesting point. If I may offer my opinion, if you were to make a copy of someone, down to the molecular level, memories intact, the copy would effectively be the same person. So it doesn't particularly matter if Aelita got her body replaced all at once instead of in little bits at a time, as everyone else does.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid