Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:51 am

Season 4 Episode 5: Skidbladnir

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rate the episode.

10 - Perfection!
33%
9 - Almost perfect...
35%
8 - Like Mister Kennedy, the word for this episode deserves to be said twice: Great.... Great.
16%
7 - It's been a pretty good episode.
12%
6 - It's okay.
No votes
5 - Meh...
2%
4 - Boring, boring...
No votes
3 - Morgan Webb was right: this sucks.
No votes
2 - This gets two middle fingers from me.
2%
1 - Really crappy.
No votes
0 - Worst episode ever.
No votes

Total votes : 51

Postby Taelia » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:21 pm

I'm in the same boat as you.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:23 pm

Taelia wrote:I'm in the same boat as you.

any room for me?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tekirai » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:43 pm

What are you getting at? And whose boat are we in?! *lol Phoenix Wright*
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Haruno Sakura » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:11 pm

Dang, get off my boat! *kicks everyone off*

Seriously... at that moment. I wanted Jim to get killed off. But then I thought about all the other annoying, yet kind things he had done for them... but he still pissed me off. -___-'
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby Taelia » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:34 pm

I was just saying that to you, Sakura. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:42 pm

Jim's becoming a jerk. He should lighten up or else...

Well, hope they ride that ship, but is that supposed to make them into humans (as in Earth-wise), but with their Lyoko costumes intact.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Haruno Sakura » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:59 pm

Taelia wrote:I was just saying that to you, Sakura. ;__;

Hehe, awwe... *hugs* I'm jk. =]

Dude, was Ulrich kicking butt or what? :O
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby Taelia » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:04 pm

He sure was. And Aelita thwomped XANA's butt. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Taelia wrote:He sure was. And Aelita thwomped XANA's butt. XD

And then vice-versa. ^^

Did anyone notice an episode called "Skid Out" on CN video? Shouldn't it be named Skidbladnir?
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby zex marquise » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Planet Cool wrote:
Tekirai wrote:The way you've said that changes things in the eyes of the unknowledgable. Stop tricking my brain into its closet fantasies plz. xDD; *has no life*

Embrace your closet fantasies. That's what the internet is for. :D But you're right about Odd's "sex appeal" line. (it was in the episode where Jeremie is corrupted by Xana for the first time, but I don't remember if Mister Pück was it) I was kind of surprised to see that spoken in a family-rated cartoon distributed by Cartoon Network. I felt the same way when one of the feds that go after Jeremie in that other episode mentioned anthrax to the principal. You don't get that kind of talk in American cartoons, but I suppose there's good reason for that, even if it's just to avoid scaring people.

That is because the American public is too concerned with offending all the puritans out there (puritans like crazy-intolerant, not puritans like the Amish, who are a noble group of people). Most average Joe-American's are all about political correctness and avoiding confrontation with other people because of different beliefs. When people who haven't even read Fahrenheit 451 try to get parts of it censored or even banned completely from high school English classes because someone in the book says the Lord's name in vane, you know something is wrong with today's society.

Anyways, looking back on four pages of comments on this episode, it seems to me that everything has been covered, from Y/U to the spiky things on William's forearms. I'll just say that this episode was freakin' sweet, that the action and Matrix homage (second time now, after Ulrich vs. Nega-Ulrich) was great, that I'm glad Jerome is bringing back the shipping fluff quietly to keep CN from getting in a huff, that I loved all the humor (esp. Aelita fooling Jim. I had to rewind and watch that part over again and again. Gosh, she is so cute sometimes.), that the CGI was fantastic (finally it's better than Vegietales. Took em' long enough.), and that I love Jeremie's tachnobabble (I, too, am a trekkie) and how Aelita is absurdly smart, just like Jer-Bear.

Let's talk tech:
"Okay. The connecting blocks have been configured."
"Now we have to compile the structural intermediate data. Did you scan the random distortion components?"
"It's done."
"Okay. I'm programming the acsinometric (sp?) vectors to browse the dipolar coordinates."
I have no idea what this means. I think I'll pm this to Rhys and let him take a shot at it.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:54 pm

zex marquise wrote:That is because the American public is too concerned with offending all the puritans out there (puritans like crazy-intolerant, not puritans like the Amish, who are a noble group of people). Most average Joe-American's are all about political correctness and avoiding confrontation with other people because of different beliefs. When people who haven't even read Fahrenheit 451 try to get parts of it censored or even banned completely from high school English classes because someone in the book says the Lord's name in vane, you know something is wrong with today's society.

I hope you didn't think I actually approved of censoring certain lines from cartoons! The way I see it, it's better not to air an episode at all than to butcher an artist's work with such disrespect. I agree with you on what you said about the general American public; I'm American myself, but I can't stand the kind of people that like to mess with beautiful artistic work (and yes, that includes cartoons) as a way to disguise their ignorance, bigotry, and general xenophobia.

But not all Americans are like that, no sir...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:27 am

I'm an American, and I think everyone above 29 besides a select few people are like that.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

OMG

Postby DarkAllie » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:48 am

OMG I love it!!! It is soo good!
<b>Weekly Saying:</b>
"When you done things right, people aren't sure you done anything at all."
~DarkAllie

<3 Dark Allie

Founder of Lyoko's World
http://www.freewebs.com/lyokosworld/
My Forums:
http://lyokosworld.easyphpbb.com/
DarkAllie offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby zex marquise » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:48 am

In case anyone was wondering, I am an American. I love America and I am grateful for the freedoms and privileges I enjoy as an American. I believe that America is an idea, one that many US citizens as well as "foreigners" belong to, but I believe that our government has strayed from this idea of what it means to be an American. I see how it has grown corrupt (the media, too. Die media!), and thus am prone to anti-establishment outbursts on occasion (as if you haven't noticed by now ;) ).
I hope no one thought I was labeling every American as a stupid git, because I myself have had the pleasure of finding a few of the more enlightened people in this country just in the past two years, not to mention the fine people here at LF. Anyone able to see past Code Lyoko's faults and see the show for all its awesomeness is A-OK in my book. The funny thing is that most people I know who are more aware of government corruption, the censoring of media, and such things that most people never think about, also tend to be more open-minded to things like anime, sci-fi, and foreign cultures (esp. Japanese). Has anyone else noticed similar trends? Never mind, don't answer that. Get back on task and comment on this glorious episode of Code Lyoko! :wag: Otherwise Mewberries is gonna get mad at me and come sweat all over my new shoes.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:01 am

*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Sciron » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 pm

...o.o

Okay, woooooooow.

No comment to whoever owns that thing. :P
Sciron offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: Stop stalking me, and then maybe I'll tell you...NOT.

Postby HiddenWatcher » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:20 pm

To those of you who say that Jeremie and Aelita should be given special treatment because they're good and responsible students-I think they were. Clearly the administration knows that they wouldn't do anything stupid, and they're just getting punished for breaking the rules in the first place. The punishment seems rather lenient compared to what they would do if, for example, they caught Odd in a girl's room at night. He'd be looking at nothing less than suspension. They were separated because let's face it, the gang has outsmarted Jim before, and he thought that if they were allowed to sit together they'd come up with a plan to defeat him. He was probably right, too. Anyway, seeing Aelita in Jeremie's room at night is totally worth it.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 pm

zex marquise wrote:(esp. Aelita fooling Jim. I had to rewind and watch that part over again and again. Gosh, she is so cute sometimes.)

Gosh, I am so totally with you on that. I really regret having forgotten to tape this episode because that scene of Aelita messing with Jim's head split my sides and warms my heart. It's definitely a high-light of the entire series, not just of this episode, and I really regret having forgotten to tape this episode because of it. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember that I laughed till my sides ached when Aelita said something along the lines of, "It's because of the heat!" and at Jim's mangling of mathematical terms. (Hippopotenuse!)

Man, can't wait to see this when Code Lyoko returns next year. ;)
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Planet Cool wrote:
zex marquise wrote:(esp. Aelita fooling Jim. I had to rewind and watch that part over again and again. Gosh, she is so cute sometimes.)

Gosh, I am so totally with you on that. I really regret having forgotten to tape this episode because that scene of Aelita messing with Jim's head split my sides and warms my heart. It's definitely a high-light of the entire series, not just of this episode, and I really regret having forgotten to tape this episode because of it. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember that I laughed till my sides ached when Aelita said something along the lines of, "It's because of the heat!" and at Jim's mangling of mathematical terms. (Hippopotenuse!)

Man, can't wait to see this when Code Lyoko returns next year. ;)

I have this ep on my home computer, and I really like it.
Jim honestly has no idea what he's talking about when he was trying to explain math to Aelita...
But the construction of the Skid was awesome.

And PC, (I am a Mac) I don't think CL will be returning next year. It took a while for S4 to come out, and even with the negotiations for a season 5, it would take a while...

Unless you're talking about the novels. Those I am looking forward too with eager anticipation.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 pm

TheAppleFreak wrote:And PC, (I am a Mac) I don't think CL will be returning next year. It took a while for S4 to come out, and even with the negotiations for a season 5, it would take a while...

Well, with Miguzi's supposed return, I expect they'll show the last of season four...

And, of course, I'm also eagerly anticipating the novels. Man, what a lucky fandom we are!
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tekirai » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Saphire-089 wrote:Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this:Is this Ulrich's or Odd's? It could be Ulrich's because it's on his bed, but still... :D

I came to bring up this thread again just to talk about this.

Screw the supercomputer and Waldo and Antea - who the heck owns this dinosaur and what is that awkwardly placed button thing on its chest it looks like a nipple

dinosaur nipples

anyway

I remember thinking S4 sucked overall, but I've actually been watching it from start to finish compared to S1, 2 and 3 where I just chose the ones I remembered liking. And I've noticed that near the beginning the episodes are actually quite good, this one especially. We got U/Y stuffs, Jeremie and Aelita being really stuck for once, Yumi having to manage the computer and a cool fight scene with Ulrich and William. Even Ulrich had neither of his swords at one point. 8o It was pretty neat.

sdfsdfs but the thing where Ulrich and Yumi were sleeping against each other and "I have faith in you" again 8DDDD this pairing still has me after all these years it's horrible

<s>why am I so convinced the dinosaur is Ulrich's - and I'm not basing that on the fact that it's on his bed</s>
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby desincarnation » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Screw the supercomputer and Waldo and Antea - who the heck owns this dinosaur and what is that awkwardly placed button thing on its chest it looks like a nipple

I think it's Kiwi's rubber toy.

Jeremie and Aelita being really stuck for once

Haha, perfect students finally tasted the detention. And that scene where they are caught by Jim in Jeremie's room after curfew is just hilarious.
BTW, would Jim really believe they were doing something inappropriate? It's Jeremie and Aelita!

This one is good, because it's not filler.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Previous