Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:49 am

Season 4 Episode 5: Skidbladnir

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rate the episode.

10 - Perfection!
33%
9 - Almost perfect...
35%
8 - Like Mister Kennedy, the word for this episode deserves to be said twice: Great.... Great.
16%
7 - It's been a pretty good episode.
12%
6 - It's okay.
No votes
5 - Meh...
2%
4 - Boring, boring...
No votes
3 - Morgan Webb was right: this sucks.
No votes
2 - This gets two middle fingers from me.
2%
1 - Really crappy.
No votes
0 - Worst episode ever.
No votes

Total votes : 51

Postby CotS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:05 pm

I missed it, is it up on the internet yet?
AKA PotterFreak
Ignorance is bliss, but with knowledge comes power.
FYI, I am a boy, live with it :P
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:22 pm

I don't think so. Finally caught up on the new stuff!

Excellent episode, seems they're getting better at ramping up the suspense.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:16 pm

Just getting on quick to review the ep. (I'll be officially back sometime late tomorrow.)

Well, I gotta say, I think that both sides of the shipping spectrum are happy now. Not one, but TWO couples caught sleeping together!

Yeah, I know, I know. But, it was cute. Looks like there's hope for Y/U. And best Jeremie quote of all time. "We didn't do anything bad..." XD I love Jeremie. He's so innocent and cute.

Now, with that web of getting in trouble and all, I was on the edge of my seat. I had NO clue how they were going to get out of that. Perfectly set up. And Hiroki and Johnny to the rescue...where's Johnny been? Haven't seen him lately. Hiroki's new outfit fits his personality more than his old one (a Jeremie knockoff). And Hiroki also had a great quote. "You still have no chance against Ulrich." PWN'D, JOHNNY.

Now for Lyoko. The hangar was REALLY cool, as was the ship. And I loved the fight. Looks like that new Manta is one of a kind. My favorite part was when Willie got it right in the balls. Ouchy. =D He looked like he was in pain too. I wanna screenshot that. And his devirtualization- that confuses me. Is he gone, or will- well, I know he'll be back, cause he'll be in the ship and all, but...where does he go?

I just knew Skidbladnir would be the name. I just knew. Melanie just couldn't last. XD Franz seems the type to read his kid old mythology textbooks at age 5. Awwwww...

Now, a few bad points. A program that has to be activated at a certain time? Isn't that a bit TOO risky? I mean, look what happened here. It creates tension, but it's still a bad idea. And the Matrix moment- just too cheesy.

Overall, a 9.6/10. I voted 10. Best episode name ever for one of the best episodes ever.
Carth offline

Postby Tekirai » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:55 pm

Taelia wrote:.......

....... :D ?

I SMELL U/Y~ This one looks like a good episode! *runs off with axe to tear down Youtube for the episode*

<s>[/post she just made because she's always wanted to reply to a '......' post once]</s>
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Just catching up on this today, seeing as I missed it last night for a ball game. What can I say that has not already been said? I liked the anger, Ulrich's devirtualization was cool, the Matrix freeze/rotation thing was cheesy, most shippers got a fix...all good points. The faculty was at turns brilliant and incredibly dumb this episode, which keeps it froma 10. Very entertaining.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby jaimehlers » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:45 pm

I would say that the danger in the real world was not direct (as in, Xana trying to blow up the school or kill the Lyoko warriors), but indirect. As in, if they screwed this up, they'd have to suffer through months more of William trying to drag people into the digital sea or trying to kill them in real life, to say nothing of being able to take action against Xana directly. So that was the real source of tension here.

I think it was a great episode, though.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:03 pm

I liked the moment at the beginning with Ulrich/yumi. The rest also ROCKED, especially the CGI and music!

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TL. » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:18 pm

OK, following a bit of a disappointing opening for the season, things are starting to take shape now. The tone of the lyoko scenes in this episode were without doubt some of the best I've seen. Music, animation (including lighting and textures) and dialogue have set a new standard, Hopefully, our friends at Moonscoop have been holding back their potential until we now, where we really get to the meat that forms this season.

Like TB3 said to me early, the show has become more of: 'Jim's Half Hour Comedy Show'. But this is in a good way. Together with Odd, he forms a very good form of common relief that would benefit the target audience to light the situation on Lyoko.

One things that really did set the tone for me was in the first scene: Yumi and Ulrich sleeping on each over. This shows that the relationship between the two hasn't been completely killed off by the interference of Carton Network. Let’s hope such development for this coupling continues.

Overall, I've give it a 9/10
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Lani » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:07 pm

HM. That was pretty AWESOME. At first I was like eehhhhdunwannawatchinsladgjslkd most cos my attention was elsewhere but now I'm glad I did :DD

Lesse. Oh yeah. The UY scene at the beginning actually made me say "Awww" out loud. That's... kinda rare.

Oh the fight scenes? They were HOT. Especially Ulrich and William's ;D Uwaghwhgeaweh. Was it just me or were they kicking each other in the crotch quite often? >>;

Annnnd what else, OH YEAH. Um. Hiroki. I really like his new clothes (which hopefully means the main cast is getting theirs soon aaaghslkdjgls), and I just KNOW that when he gets older he's gonna look really hot. No I swear it's not just my Asian-man-philia. I swear.

I liked seeing the Hermitage again. And when are we gonna learn more about AELITA'S MOM.? And ummm the whole Subdigitals thing, surely that little plot won't be going away >>; When are they gonna mention it again? ahghshdkg

Yeah I've a lot more to say but I... don't think I will :B Yumi and Aelita seem to have their hands and arms in the wrong places. >>;
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:28 pm

So far, this is my favorite episode. During the last few episodes we got, it seemed to me like they were changing the characters' personalities too much, or that they were making them too vague, (did it seem like this to anyone else?) but after I saw this episode, all was right with the world. Doesn't it seem like this show will kind of resemble "The Matrix" now that they've got a big ship to be cruising around through cyber-space in? Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure the show and those in charge of it will handle it brilliantly, just like they always do. :)

Besides, isn't it great that Aelita got to learn about Norse mythology at such an early age? I wonder what other things she knew when she was so little that most of us didn't learn until much later. No wonder she's such a genius. You know what they read to me before I could read? "Cookie Soup"! That's why I love and admire Aelita so much. Remember how her father tried telling her that playing the piano was easy? "It's just like math!" I wish I never hear that phrase in my life!

10/10 due to awesomeness. It all just gets better and better.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:56 am

Is it just me, or is Code Lyoko seriously taking a turn in the ways of action? I mean this episode could keep me entertained for years to come :D The story lines are a lot more deeper and realistic, for example they couldn't do a RTTP due to the ultimatum, so for once they had to really improvise. Keep 'em comin!

EDIT: But now Jim knows about Kiwi, and a RTTP won't fix that (I think) I wonder where that will go?!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:39 am

A gif I made out of this episode. I wish I could know about a better frame capture program, though.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby knifey » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:21 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:[ulrich takes out his dual swards]
A gif I made out of this episode. I wish I could know about a better frame capture program, though.
You have movie maker? That thing takes screenshots and saves it in jpeg files

Yeah... I haven't been contributing anything to the Code Lyoko section because I've been finding it quite tedious to do. Yeah. Call me lazy, but that's just why.

I liked this episode.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby UltimaHedgie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:04 pm

Mmm, just saw it. Well, just saw it LAST NIGHT. I didn't get around to posting this until now. And yes, it IS online already. Search for "Skidbladnir" on YouTube and you will get this episode. Before it was put up, if you searched for "Skidbladnir," you got absolutely nothing, so yeah...

Anyway, seriously, this was AWESOME! The action was pretty good, the methods of Jeremie and Aelita getting caught and delayed was nice, and also interesting was how we finally get to see Hiroki again. His first appearance all season. The action was nice, and the graphics within Lyoko are also quite excellent. I voted a 9.
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kamekai » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 pm

Post Edited by Mewberries151. Please do not discuss episode downloads on the open forum. Thank you. ^^;
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby X.A.N.A » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 am

Now this was an episode worth watching! Moved the story along and had some great music along with battle sequences. 8) 9/10 rating for me.
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Kamekai » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:27 pm

Did anyone else notice how Yumi acted when she woke up next to Ulrich?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby yumi_yemimah » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:05 pm

I rated this episode 9/10 becuase I really loved it my favorite part was when Ulrich and Yumi were sleeping together. *_* so sweet *_*

yes,Im all about the romance :*D
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:02 pm

I'm rather upset that we got a marathon of Pokémon movies instead of the usual reruns of all the new episodes that premiered during the week on Cartoon Network today. Skid has become my favorite episode, and I had bought a blank tape to record it and everything! I really hope they don't stop airing this episode after the premiere because someone found it to risqué (notice the French vocabulary) to have Yumi and Ulrich sleeping together at the beginning. This has happened to other series, like Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, in which an episode containing the word "tsunami" was actually banned because of the tsunami in India a couple of years back.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tekirai » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Unless they were sleeping next to each other DURING a tsunami, I really don't think it would be 'cut' for something as simple as that. Heck, Odd's sex appeal line in (insert episode name here, possibly Mister Puck) would've been leapt on faster than you can say 'Skidbladnir' if that was the case. Sleeping next to another person really doesn't suggest THAT much. Plus...

I really hope they don't stop airing this episode after the premiere because someone found it to risqué (notice the French vocabulary) to have Yumi and Ulrich sleeping together at the beginning.

The way you've said that changes things in the eyes of the unknowledgable. Stop tricking my brain into its closet fantasies plz. xDD; *has no life*
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Odddellarobbia12 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:21 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:Image

Use super converer. (SUPER ©) It can change wmv's etc. into animated gifs

Thats how I made all mine. and I've made a few

I think this was the best episode from season 4 so far. It wasn't a filler and the story made a bit of progress
I'm looking forward to seeing the skidbladnir in action
Odddellarobbia12 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Tekirai wrote:The way you've said that changes things in the eyes of the unknowledgable. Stop tricking my brain into its closet fantasies plz. xDD; *has no life*

Embrace your closet fantasies. That's what the internet is for. :D But you're right about Odd's "sex appeal" line. (it was in the episode where Jeremie is corrupted by Xana for the first time, but I don't remember if Mister Pück was it) I was kind of surprised to see that spoken in a family-rated cartoon distributed by Cartoon Network. I felt the same way when one of the feds that go after Jeremie in that other episode mentioned anthrax to the principal. You don't get that kind of talk in American cartoons, but I suppose there's good reason for that, even if it's just to avoid scaring people.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:26 pm

Finally, the show's getting good now. I'm just wondering if Aelita likes other music other than classical and techno. I picture her listening to "...And Justice For All" for some reason.

Anydangways, good episode. 10/10
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:42 am

I gave this episode a 9/10. I would of given it a ten if it wasn't for the silly wind up mouse.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Haruno Sakura » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:09 pm

This episode was pretty good. I liked how Aelita has like a huge energy field... Pretty cool.

Yumi and Ulrich are getting soo much better on Lyoko. :] Jim was seriously bugging me... Even though he was doing his job and everything, he still was pissing me off. -__-'
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

PreviousNext