Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:03 am

Season 4 Episode 5: Skidbladnir

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rate the episode.

10 - Perfection!
33%
9 - Almost perfect...
35%
8 - Like Mister Kennedy, the word for this episode deserves to be said twice: Great.... Great.
16%
7 - It's been a pretty good episode.
12%
6 - It's okay.
No votes
5 - Meh...
2%
4 - Boring, boring...
No votes
3 - Morgan Webb was right: this sucks.
No votes
2 - This gets two middle fingers from me.
2%
1 - Really crappy.
No votes
0 - Worst episode ever.
No votes

Total votes : 51

Season 4 Episode 5: Skidbladnir

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:35 am

Previously:
William Returns
Double Take
Opening Act
Wreck Room

What the hell is a Skidbladnir? For more information,click here to find out about it.

More to add:

TB3 wrote:(Sighs with relief) - finally I can talk about this - when we were at Moonscoop last August Jerome showed TL, Osiris and myself the office where they keep all the storyboards - there are two folders per episode, one for 2D, and the other for 3D - we got to flick through both folders for for 'The Key', which was a priviledge :)

However, lying around on the desk were several other folders, and I noticed two with S4 production numbers, one of which was marked 'Skidbladnir' (though at the time I thought it said 'Skidblader' and assumed the title had something to do with rollerblading) - seems that after many months I finally get to see what was under that cover :)

So yes, I can confirm this episode does exist, and that CN got the name right. It also gives you food for thought to consider that this episode was written and storyboard over ten months prior to it's airing - makes you realise how long it takes to produce a season of CL.

With that set, let's wait for this episode to roll...

(Someone, please move it to ED)
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby TB3 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Moved :) - looking forward for the ep! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:51 pm

I am too, and I HOPE IT'S GOOD!! And with some UlrichYumi!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:07 pm

Old post:

Taelia wrote:I am too, and I HOPE IT'S GOOD!! And with some UlrichYumi!

Thought that said UlrichKiwi for a second. XD

Anyway, it seems we'll finally get a huge plot boost. I hope.

New post:

Well, the graphics look amazing. Of course.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:28 pm

No-one else gonna post? We guys outside the US want the scoop on tonight's ep after all! :D
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:31 pm

AMAZING. That describes it. Not perfect, but close.

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:32 pm

THIS ONE WAS AWESOME! What's with the detention thing though? :umm:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:32 pm

Taelia wrote:THIS ONE WAS AWESOME! What's with the detention thing though? :umm:

Uh, did you miss that part?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:33 pm

The ship made its debut, right?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:34 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:The ship made its debut, right?

Yes, we saw Skid. It's complete now and I bet next week we go under the digital sea.

I completely loved the whole battle scene. With the slow-mo and camera rotation. Haha. Better than the Matrix. And Ulrich's cool moves; he almost pwnt William. XD

Then Aelita's HUGE energy field, which like took all Willy's life. Haha it was great.

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Really good episode. 10/10 The battle scenes are great.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:39 pm

Nice new camera effects, lots of new music, I especially love the little, Jim theme and Kiwi theme... very cute!

Clever lighting too, quite revolutionary for the show.
And the effects on the Skid were great too. Those final shots were so cool!

And I was right! Odd can't pronounce the name!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:41 pm

What was up with William right before he was going all MACHO on the ship? He looked....scared. YAY! MORE Posession/not posession for a second scenes!
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:43 pm

Writing_Addict wrote:What was up with William right before he was going all MACHO on the ship? He looked....scared. YAY! MORE Posession/not posession for a second scenes!

It's also a possibility that XANA realized the kids are getting stronger, and can soon defeat him for good. 'Course I don't know exactly which scene you mean, so I could be very wrong. :D

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:46 pm

If I had a screen-shot I'd show ya. ^^

OF course in the beginning of the show I lost my...ring. (Stupid aint it?) But it was from my parents and I cherish it SO MUCH, I looked for it while watching the show.

Of course I just spilled my toppings on my pizza on my keyboard..LOVELY...
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:48 pm

This episode was awesome xD ^^ Odd trying to get them outta detention was funny, and I loved his gymnast routines in Lyoko versus the Creepers. Did anyone else catch the "Oh yeah, you went down" motion he made during the "They're like sitting ducks" line? XD

There was some Ulrich/Yumi too, which was great. I loved the shot of them sleeping against each other early on in the episode, and Yumi's little smile when she woke up first and realized where she was. Then the stuff later on and...well, hooray for U/Y, we missed you xD ^^

Aelita had me laughing the whole time she was trying to distract Jim. It's just....so easy isn't it? xDDD Loved her eyeroll too, when Jim was talking to Delmas. And the look she and Jeremie passed between themselves at the very end was cute too. Also, hooray for the little childhood memory of hers. It was a nice touch ^^

Most of all though, I loved the Lyoko scenes, period. The movements were so fluid, and everybody was just so...awesome in their fighting xDD Especially Ulrich though. Mew, where are you, we KNOW you've got a comment on that part ;P XD

All in all, I enjoyed this episode pretty well ^^ I don't blame Odd though, "Skidbladnir" is a bit of an awkward name... "Skid" works for me xDD
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:50 pm

*does happy dance* That was adorable! XD Not one, not two, but at least 3 instances of Y/U fluff! (And some flirting! ) ^.^ Aww, I can't wait until screenshots become available for this episode...I'll be icon-ing like there's no tomorrow.

*snickers* Okay...now that I got that out of my system...allow me to rant about the Y/U fluff a little more. I'm really glad that they've decided to "return" to that pairing (not that they ever really left it, but to be sure, J/A were getting lots more fluff moments *giggle* ). It was cute, and clearly Yumi's still got a crush on Ulrich (seeing as how she was rather enjoying napping on him ^^ ). And Ulrich's still a sweetie. And they brought backthe "I have faith in you" line! Woot! :D

I almost feel sorry for Johnny...he's so head over heels for Yumi, and he's so dedicated...and he totally knows that Yumi's not going to return those feelings. ^^; Ah well, such is love.

Anyway, on to things not relating to Y/U that rocked about this episode...Jeremie, Aelita, and Odd getting "pwned"/out-smarted by Jim and then the Principal. Harsh. XD;

Kiwi to the rescue! Whoop!

More William vs. Ulrich goodness...with some hand to hand combat even. Very nice! Yeah, Ulrich lost...but William cheated and called for help from his pets before that. Cheater. *snerk*

And they totally showed off with their CG animation (in the best possible way of course). Everything in Sector 5 looked gorgeous and the fighting choreography was great.

...And they finally did their homage to the Matrix...better late than never. ;D

Did Aelita kick William's tush or what? :*D Massive Energy Field = Total William Ownage!!

Yumi did pretty well...nothing as dynamic as her last couple of battles, but she did totally save her lo- ...I mean, Ulrich, and then later did a very nice team-up with Aelita to defeat William.

Odd rocked hardcore. He gets the cupcakes of battle awesomeness for this episode. :D

I had to give this a 10 out of 10. Everything just looked gorgeous, no editing or animation errors that I could see and I'm personally telling myself to "sit on it" for my only nitpick (the real world CG hallway scene seemed a bit superfluous to me). This was brilliant.

>.> <.< Y/U!!!!!
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby XAMN » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:56 pm

Well I must say, I've been curious about this episode since I saw the name, and I'm thoroughly impressed. Gotta love the Yumi/Ulrich-ness in the beginning XD. And Odd's schemes to get Jeremie and Aelita out of detention, I almost wish the mouse idea worked XD. Not to mention all of Odd's acrobatics, in the fight with the Creepers and Mantas. So awesome.

The whole fight with Ulrich and William was awesome, and I have to admit I giggled when I saw Lita throw a proverbial "Spirit Bomb" at William. Overkill much? XD
(banner by Mewberries)

XAMN offline
New Kid
New Kid

Have I ever told anyone I'm insane?

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Wow...everyday- every Tuesday I am falling inlove with William! I hated his insides before but now AH! I could just huggle him forever and ever and make a life size picture of him EVIL-ized and-

Okay it's evident that I've had too much pizza there... :*D

Oh and William's wrist things with the spikes on them finally served it's purpose. (I don't think half of you know what I'm speaking about!) Well it was the scene where Willie fell over on his back, and Ulrich attempted...(I don't want to use the word kill..) devirtualize him and he put his arm up in defense.

I felt bad for Willie when Aelita took him down. Neat way to devirtulize, black and red puff of smoke. ^^ I bet Xana's is beating his head agaisnt the wall trying to defeat one of them, mainly Ulrich...in my opinion.

I'm gabbing my head off right now..uh...SMARTER ONES PLEASE TAKE OVER!
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Arcangel613 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:06 pm

Did anyone happen to notice that Hiroki got some new threads? It looked really good on him too.

And I loved the U/Y fluff. They were sooo cute! All curled up together.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby MewmiC » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:06 pm

Ha ha Odd can't pronounce Skidbladnir, can't blame him though it's not exactly a word that rolls off the tongue well. ;) I'll stick with Skid.

Nice action scenes on Lyoko as always. Loved the sword fight between Ulrich and William around that area. That's gotta be hard fighting your enemy that has a giant sword while trying not to fall to your death. Ulrich fights better with one sword than with two if you ask me.
Odd spinning on that beam to avoid the Creeper was awesome, but then he gets beat by the Black Manta. Aelita's giant Energy Field...nice. Red smoke.

The romantic hints were nice to, finally Ulrich/Yumi is heading somewhere, hopefully. Gotta love Hiroki's line 'You got no chance against Ulrich' or something like that. And Jim chasing Kiwi :*D.

So next week their gonna use the ship right? Man it's gonna be so hard waiting after that :whatever:
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

A great episode.

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 pm

More battle scenes which work out so well this day, alongside a shot which finally let Aelita hit William. HARD. Good to see her attacks work on powerful enemies. Now I only want to see her take down the Scypthozoa.

Also some very nice J/A work as well as Y/U, but I can't help but be annoyed at the pathetic nature of a lie that could easily have been forged. They were studying, they were involved in something school-related or class-related. (Helping's Odds administration...Massive project for Hertz...the possibilities were pretty large. Also, it doesn't help that both Delmas and Jim are pretty misunderstanding. Sure, they have feelings for one another, but then again, they are your model students. Do you really think they would be doing anything too forward when they are that close? It's inane and misguided...It will happen EVENTUALLY, but not anytime soon, and certainly not within the scope of this series.

Also, what was up with Jim's competency today? For once, he actually did his job well, and with a good lack of compassion....made me hate him more at least for today. They so should have done a Return, since Xana doesn't get power from it anymore. That way, Aelita could hide in the closet, or go to Lyoko and do her computer communication again. Much less conspicuous.
I am not a bodybulider! Sabin; FF6.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?
Jeremie: *Gibberish*
Odd: That's what I thought....(Go away Odd! Jeremie doesn't need your help!)

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Raven_613 wrote:Did anyone happen to notice that Hiroki got some new threads? It looked really good on him too.

I noticed...I also noticed Johnny's permanent blush is redder.
Last edited by Writing_Addict on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 pm

This episode was great! Though I didn't care for Jim putting them in detention for no reason and Jean confiscating widdle Jeremie's compy AND the kids' mobiles. :( Jim and Jean must be tech haters.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 pm

This episode was worth waiting 10 months for (just saw it)! :D

Hmm - when Aelita was 5 - that would be around 1987 - given that it seems unusual for a father to be reading stories to her, was her mother gone by that point.

Also, why hasn't Aelita mnetioned or had a flashback of her mother yet - it's all about Franz...selective memory?

I like how Aelita's got the 'knack' for programming new aspects, and like her Dad is turning to his books for inspiration. Like Father like Daughter. :D

Can't wait for the maiden voyage :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next