Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Season 4 Episode 5: Skidbladnir

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rate the episode.

10 - Perfection!
33%
9 - Almost perfect...
35%
8 - Like Mister Kennedy, the word for this episode deserves to be said twice: Great.... Great.
16%
7 - It's been a pretty good episode.
12%
6 - It's okay.
No votes
5 - Meh...
2%
4 - Boring, boring...
No votes
3 - Morgan Webb was right: this sucks.
No votes
2 - This gets two middle fingers from me.
2%
1 - Really crappy.
No votes
0 - Worst episode ever.
No votes

Total votes : 51

I talk too much.

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 pm

Taelia wrote:This episode was great! Though I didn't care for Jim putting them in detention for no reason and Jean confiscating widdle Jeremie's compy AND the kids' mobiles. :( Jim and Jean must be tech haters.

Uh...Taelia, he did put them in Detention for a reason, they were working on Skidbladnir (ooh..I hope I spelled that right) and Jim caught them in their room and you know the over-said rule, no boys in girls perimeters and vice versa.
Last edited by Writing_Addict on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Re: A great episode.

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:10 pm

Aurabolt wrote:Also some very nice J/A work as well as Y/U, but I can't help but be annoyed at the pathetic nature of a lie that could easily have been forged. They were studying...

Actually...that's precisely what they told the Principal...and he didn't seem to care. ^^;

Apparently, it doesn't matter what your excuse is...if you're in the wrong dorm, especially after lights out and you're caught...you're in big trouble. *sweatdrops*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ambitiouslove » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 pm

I really liked this episode!
I'm gonna go with agreeing that I was very excited about the Yumi+Ulrich scene :D
So cute :3 Also... Kiwi! lol

The fight scene was really good. The slow-mo parts were kinna cheesy to me, but I liked the fight between Ulrich and William. Also Odd seems to get better at his aim each episode! I can't wait to see what happens next week :D
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:19 pm

Sure. Whatever. Point is, if you were expecting Aelita and Jeremie to do something...shall we see inappropriate, you're barking up the wrong tree. Also, those two idiots deserved to forget everything, since they caused Aelita and Jeremie so much trouble to begin with, when it would be so much simpler to think for several seconds and realize that they MIGHT be working for class tomarrow? They are geniuses, and working together gets things done quicker. It's only logical.

Also, separating them when they are in the library? That's just downright unfounded, and pretty pathetic on Jim and Jean's end. They are close, and if you hope to deny that aspect of themselves, you're asking for trouble, not to mention that you're keeping them from saving the world. They may not know that, but the way the two acted does assume that what they were working on is URGENT.

A RttP would have been so much easier here. Stop this drama before it even began. Aelita hides in that large closet or gets on Lyoko or something, like the old days.
I am not a bodybulider! Sabin; FF6.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?
Jeremie: *Gibberish*
Odd: That's what I thought....(Go away Odd! Jeremie doesn't need your help!)

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:21 pm

Oh...1987? That's my birth year! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:26 pm

Aurabolt wrote:Sure. Whatever. Point is, if you were expecting Aelita and Jeremie to do something...shall we see inappropriate, you're barking up the wrong tree. Also, those two idiots deserved to forget everything, since they caused Aelita and Jeremie so much trouble to begin with, when it would be so much simpler to think for several seconds and realize that they MIGHT be working for class tomarrow? They are geniuses, and working together gets things done quicker. It's only logical.

Also, separating them when they are in the library? That's just downright unfounded, and pretty pathetic on Jim and Jean's end. They are close, and if you hope to deny that aspect of themselves, you're asking for trouble, not to mention that you're keeping them from saving the world. They may not know that, but the way the two acted does assume that what they were working on is URGENT.

A RttP would have been so much easier here. Stop this drama before it even began. Aelita hides in that large closet or gets on Lyoko or something, like the old days.

Knowing Jim though, he'd search the room (he clearly heard voices if that extended hallway scene is anything to go by). And finding Aelita hiding in the closet...would have been way more suspicious looking and no excuse would have been able to save them from that.

At any rate, what I believe the view of the professors at Kadic is, is that rules are rules, regardless of who's caught breaking them. It doesn't matter for what reason they were broken...they were still broken and a proper discipline has to be taken (at least that's the vibe I'm getting).

That's actually the only way to make it fair to all students in the school...since you wouldn't want the high-marked students to think they could get away with anything, any more than you would any of the other students.

In addition to that, keeping them "separated" is standard detention protocol. If you catch two people breaking the rules together, you separate them so that they can't distract each other/plot/and or otherwise communicate. That' what makes it a punishment. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:34 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Aurabolt wrote:Sure. Whatever. Point is, if you were expecting Aelita and Jeremie to do something...shall we see inappropriate, you're barking up the wrong tree. Also, those two idiots deserved to forget everything, since they caused Aelita and Jeremie so much trouble to begin with, when it would be so much simpler to think for several seconds and realize that they MIGHT be working for class tomarrow? They are geniuses, and working together gets things done quicker. It's only logical.

Knowing Jim though, he'd search the room (he clearly heard voices if that extended hallway scene is anything to go by). And finding Aelita hiding in the closet...would have been way more suspicious looking and no excuse would have been able to save them from that.

At any rate, what I believe the view of the professors at Kadic is, is that rules are rules, regardless of who's caught breaking them. It doesn't matter for what reason they were broken...they were still broken and a proper discipline has to be taken (at least that's the vibe I'm getting).

That's actually the only way to make it fair to all students in the school...since you wouldn't want the high-marked students to think they could get away with anything, any more than you would any of the other students.

In addition to that, keeping them "separated" is standard detention protocol. If you catch two people breaking the rules together, you separate them so that they can't distract each other/plot/and or otherwise communicate. That' what makes it a punishment. ^^;

And that, my friend, is why RttP's exist. to remove this issue from ever appearing in the first place. Perhaps Aelita (much to my and other J/A fans' dismay) wouldn't go to Jeremie's room that day, since the work they have is saved on the super-calculator. Or she'd just go to Lyoko, get into a tower, and work together as such. After all, I don't think Xana would have enough power to commit William to attack her at this point. As long as they were mindful of the situation, they could have pulled it off.

I was just seeing Jeremie radiating irritation, and a good deal of increased blood pressure when Jim told him to give over the phone and laptop...He wouldn't have wanted to go through that situation again. Aelita too.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:39 pm

Aurabolt wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

And that, my friend, is why RttP's exist. to remove this issue from ever appearing in the first place. Perhaps Aelita (much to my and other J/A fans' dismay) wouldn't go to Jeremie's room that day, since the work they have is saved on the super-calculator. Or she'd just go to Lyoko, get into a tower, and work together as such. After all, I don't think Xana would have enough power to commit William to attack her at this point. As long as they were mindful of the situation, they could have pulled it off.

I was just seeing Jeremie radiating irritation, and a good deal of increased blood pressure when Jim told him to give over the phone and laptop...He wouldn't have wanted to go through that situation again. Aelita too.

But why RTTP though? It'd force all 5 of them (not just Jeremie and Aelita) to relive an extra school day...all just to avoid a detention that ended up not being an issue anyway?

Why bother? Jim's not mad at them for escaping early (for all we know, he never even noticed). Jeremie got his laptop back, and we know Kiwi's far too smart (and fast ) to let Jim get a hold of him.

So what would be the point of activating an RTTP? There wasn't any damage done to anyone outside the group, and there's no residual damage to the group either.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:49 pm

There's also no harm to it either. Not anymore. If Jeremie wanted to use to prevent a headache and the increased blood pressure his heart takes from the stress he's usually under that this situation would add to, I don't think the others would mind, really.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:00 pm

Aurabolt wrote:There's also no harm to it either. Not anymore. If Jeremie wanted to use to prevent a headache and the increased blood pressure his heart takes from the stress he's usually under that this situation would add to, I don't think the others would mind, really.

^^; Knowing Jeremie's sensibilities though, he wouldn't be interested in RTTP-ing unless it was a direly needed. A headache and the possibility of increased blood pressure (which I doubt since it doesn't quite work that way *sweatdrops* ) don't seem like reasons that he'd jump at the chance to get rid of with an RTTP, particularly since the situation was resolved and there's no further chance of them getting into trouble with Jim for not staying the whole span of the detention.

And maybe the others wouldn't say "no" to an RTTP, but I can't imagine them being happy about having to redo a whole boring school day over. *sweatdrops*

But to each their own. ^^

Anyway...though, seriously, I'm still squeeing from the Y/U, and now that the ship is completed, I can't wait to see them test it out next week! ^.^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:10 pm

Definitely. It's good to see Y/U come back in small degrees after Season 3's pathetically dramatic hiatus. I guess they just had to get William of their back so they could meld and fall back into the interest they held once again. They work so well together in Lyoko, after all. And I am certainly willing to see that all work out..Now we just need someone for Odd.

And the ship....I'm wondering about it's specs. Any weapons against Xana and William? Shields and life points? Special capabilities? I felt the fans were gipped when only Aelita got a new special ability (He's really godmodding her, and I can't blame him.), and I want to see what this ship can do.

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:03 pm

i KNOW WHO! i KNOW WHO! :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:04 pm

This was the best episode of Season 4 so far. The only one to deserve 10/10. I missed a little bit of it, but I got to see most of it. I loved the Y/U moment in the beginning. "Just friends", huh, Yumi? My foot.

Jeremie's technobabble about the ship was worthy of an episode of Star Trek: Voyager, (Some Trekkies out there might get that) and all the talk about shields. The Trekkie in me was pleased with this episode. I also loved the Matrix homages, Odd jumping over the Creeper's laser and Ulrich and William's battle. Speaking of which, ULRICH HIT WILLIAM IN HIS... sensitive spot! Priceless.

The updated Sector 5 looks very cool, but what's with the new track for the elevator? I found it an eyesore... it was so weird looking... but maybe that's just me. The ship's design was a little surprising, the only spor that looked habitable was the small room on the top, the rest of it looked like propulsion. I guess only one will be able to fit in the Skidbladnir at a time.

**Also, I must remind you all. The Skidbladnir is a ship, and when writing about one, you write the name in italics and refer to her as a female. Just a little grammar reminder. :D **

Speaking of the Skidbladnir, Jeremie pronounced her name differently both times he said it. At first, he said "Skid-blood-nuhr", and then he said "Skid-blood-near". But that's not even clode to Odd's trouble in saying the name. Why did Aelita have to pick such a complicated name? How could Franz read that to her when she was 5?

I do have one complaint. Aelita was overpowered to begin with, with Energy Fields that could destroy a monster pretty much anywhere it hit. She could even shatter a Megatank's powerful elliptical laser with two hits. Then she got her wings, and became even more powerful, and now she can make a mega-energy-field. Sure, I loved to see William devirtualized (a great sequence, by the way. Loved the red light and black smoke.) but, at the very least, Aelita should have been devirtualized as well. But I still love her. Also, Aelita doesn't seem to be using her creativity very much anymore...

However, this episode was quite good. Can't wait for Maiden Voyage! 10/10.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Taelia wrote:i KNOW WHO! i KNOW WHO! :D

Know who?
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ccbtimewiz » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:09 pm

What is this Y/U Scene everyone is talking about?

Otherwise, a nice episode. :)
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:11 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:What is this Y/U Scene everyone is talking about?

...Them sleeping next to each other...and Yumi waking up and smiling a little? ;)

...That's the most obvious one anyway. There's a couple other ones scattered throughout the episode. ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:16 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
ccbtimewiz wrote:What is this Y/U Scene everyone is talking about?

...Them sleeping next to each other...and Yumi waking up and smiling a little? ;)

...That's the most obvious one anyway. There's a couple other ones scattered throughout the episode. ^^

Next to each other? Looked more like against each other to me ;P xD ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:06 am

Who has pictures of the ship at the very ending? I missed the last few seconds.

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby . » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:23 am

to paraphrase Janitor... directed at Ulrich...

Oh come on Scooter. Everyone is tired of this same old cat and mouse game. You know what I'm talking about, that whole thing you have with dark-haired girl. Will they? Won't they? They are? They aren't? Everyones sick of it. Put an end to the storyline or just move on.

bless the fact this'll be the final season. they can get together and be done with it.

Fine episode. I enjoyed it.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:35 am

Oh God, the subplot sucked. :cussout:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:45 am

Taelia wrote:THIS ONE WAS AWESOME! What's with the detention thing though? :umm:

Taelia wrote:Oh God, the subplot sucked. :cussout:

:umm: What the hell?

Anyways, I downloaded it and it stopped working after 20 minutes of episode airplay. Taking away the toy mouse scene which was pathetic to watch, Skidbladnir is a d*mn good episode from what I've seen. I hope I can watch the last minutes later.

One thing they could have done to make the episode even better was to show Melanie's face after Odd mentioned her in the classroom.

Jim was awesome.

They pulled a "Matrix" on this episode. But almost every show and movie pulls a Matrix nowadays. W/e.

8-9/10. Another great episode. That's 2 great episodes so far.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:20 am

Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sankyou » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:44 am

Wow! What an amazing episode. This was a hell of a lot better than Wreck Room.
The British Mod Squad:
Simon Cowell.
Hugh Laurie.
Gordon Ramsay.

Our team sustains Jeremie/Yumi and House/Wilson!
Sankyou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: In a dark, cold room, crying because House/Wilson is non-canon.

Postby MY85 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:46 am

Watched final three minutes of it. Still a solid episode. Gave it a 8/10 vote. Almost equal or better than Opening Act IMO.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:56 pm

Thanks for the day's well wishes, whoever set the forum topic up top this morning.

Skidbladnir, funny name, seious episode.

Technobabel, plot movement, drama, seriously fluid fighting, UxY subplots, lots of Jim. Aside from Sissi not being used to any degree (which, as with a previous reviewer, I will sit on as my own selfish nitpick and not include) this ep had it all.

The events really are pretty sparse and not worth a blow by blow recap, and there really wasn't much danger in the real world beyond time a-wastin. This is the little ep that did it all right but still managed to seem a touch hollow and uninvolved with anything other than J&A's angst to get outta the room with a good excuse.

Because I'm purposefully really tough about giving 10's, and the little complaints are stacking up, I'm gonna rate this one as a 9/10. If they keep making them like this (and though the general populus disagree, the writing types nod when I mention last weeks too,) it won't be long before a true 10 with that extra little 'oomph' that pushes it over the top disapeers.

(P.S. So William CAN be divirtualized in a sense. Looks like he just smokes his way back to Source and lets XANA remake him again instead of popping out of a scanner though.)
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

PreviousNext