Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:30 pm

S4 Episode 4: Wreck Room

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators


What did you think of this episode?

10 = Perfection!
5
11%
9 = Excellent
11
24%
8 = Very Good
17
38%
7 = Good
7
16%
6 = Decent
3
7%
5 = Fair
1
2%
4 = "Meh..."
1
2%
3 = Bad
0
No votes
2 = Very Bad
0
No votes
1 = Poor
0
No votes
0 = Pathetic
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 45

Postby UltimaHedgie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:54 pm

Hey, guys, lay back on her a bit, will ya? Opinions are opinions. I do agree, though, that one should not go "OMG THIS EP ROCKED SO HARD 10/10" or "OMG THIS EP SUCKED *** 0/10," the latter of which is pretty much what Taelia did. I'm fine with opinions, but that isn't a truly well-written opinion--it's plain bias.

That said, I STILL haven't watched this ep. I gotta get onto Youtube and find it...
User avatar
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Wisconsin (United States)

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:00 pm

I know we probably shouldn't be hard on her (forum diplomacy and all), but I'm getting really sick of her attitude. Apparently the entire show is worthless because it doesn't match the fantasy in her head... the worst kind of fangirling. And I wish she'd stop.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
User avatar
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak
 
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:25 am

Postby MY85 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:10 pm

I know it's really hard to deal with the likes of an autistic person. Sad, but true.

Back on the episode, I somehow find Aelita on Lyoko a bit annoying. :S
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
User avatar
MY85 offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 11339
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:11 pm

Postby TB3 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:16 pm

(Gently) Guys - go easy on Taelia OK - it's not easy for her and she tries hard.

On the subject of the episode, for the first time we now know a character's eye-colour (other than Aelita's) - when William's clone first goes nuts you can see his eye dialate, and for the first time in CL we can see the seperate colours of the pupil and iris - so William's eye-colour from what I can see is very dark blue (bordering on indigo).
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
User avatar
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5467
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: Knee-deep in Italian pronouns

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:22 pm

TB3 wrote:(Gently) Guys - go easy on Taelia OK - it's not easy for her and she tries hard.

On the subject of the episode, for the first time we now know a character's eye-colour (other than Aelita's) - when William's clone first goes nuts you can see his eye dialate, and for the first time in CL we can see the seperate colours of the pupil and iris - so William's eye-colour from what I can see is very dark blue (bordering on indigo).


Agh! Yes! I totally forgot about that! XDXD That was awesome! :D

So...as far as eyecolors go we have:

Aelita: Green

William: Dark Steel blue

Ulrich: Brown (if his season 1 Lyoko form is anything to go by ^^; )

...I wonder if they're going to establish all of their eye colors this season? ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Image
Image
User avatar
Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4380
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:14 pm
Location: Rainbow Cloud ^_^

Postby Carth » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
TB3 wrote:(Gently) Guys - go easy on Taelia OK - it's not easy for her and she tries hard.

On the subject of the episode, for the first time we now know a character's eye-colour (other than Aelita's) - when William's clone first goes nuts you can see his eye dialate, and for the first time in CL we can see the seperate colours of the pupil and iris - so William's eye-colour from what I can see is very dark blue (bordering on indigo).


Agh! Yes! I totally forgot about that! XDXD That was awesome! :D

So...as far as eyecolors go we have:

Aelita: Green

William: Dark Steel blue

Ulrich: Brown (if his season 1 Lyoko form is anything to go by ^^; )

...I wonder if they're going to establish all of their eye colors this season? ^^


I never noticed the eye color thing for Willie. I'd love to see that, though. The flat-black just doesn't seem right.

I usually think of Jer's eyes as blue (the whole blond-blue-eyes thing), and Odd having some crazy eye color. Green, purple, or both.

But, erm, back to the episode. I noticed Jeremie fell asleep on his keyboard. He gets bonus points for that. X3
User avatar
Carth offline
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 8372
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Syracuse University

Postby TB3 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:49 pm

Mahree wrote:I never noticed the eye color thing for Willie. I'd love to see that, though. The flat-black just doesn't seem right.

I usually think of Jer's eyes as blue (the whole blond-blue-eyes thing), and Odd having some crazy eye color. Green, purple, or both.

But, erm, back to the episode. I noticed Jeremie fell asleep on his keyboard. He gets bonus points for that. X3


You know, if he falls asleep on the keyboard Jer should really EXPECT errors to creep in :)

And yeah Mahree, Odd really seems the type to have Heterochromia to me (nods) :)

EDIT:

I'd like to add that I love the new approaches Jerome is taking towards cinemtography in this season - like the sequence on the rooftop in this ep, or simple stuff like the closing shot of the kids walking towards the school - it's this simple little things which to me help make CL great :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
User avatar
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5467
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: Knee-deep in Italian pronouns

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:56 pm

TB3 wrote:You know, if he falls asleep on the keyboard Jer should really EXPECT errors to creep in :)

xDD Yeah, I was thinking pretty much the same thing when I saw it. It was a cute shot though..

In regards to their eye color, I think my ideas were influenced by a picture I saw once, that had their eyes as: blue for Jeremie, green for Ulrich, brown for Yumi, green for Aelita (of course xD ) and purple for Odd. Although, Odd could just as easily have heterochromia too but come on, one of them has gotta be purple at least ;P xDD
Image
(Banner by Mew)

Image
(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |



- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
User avatar
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Somewhere deep in the internet

Postby MetaTerra » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:06 pm

7/10

Is it just me, or are Aelita's taunts getting REALLY old? I'm getting tired of
her mocking the enemies practically the same way every time. That and
Odd taking nearly five minutes to kill ONE of the enemies was the only things I didn't like about this episode.

William's clone? He's just plain hillarious! "Democracy, who's that?"
XD

MetaTerra offline
New Kid
New Kid
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: ...

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:54 pm

....XD

*bursts out laughing*

That, everyone, s a good example of David Gasman's total hilariousness.
Image
User avatar
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:46 pm

Postby yumi_yemimah » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:58 pm

Writing_Addict wrote:I must be ditsy as my dog who walked into a fire hydrent but am I the only one who finds William on Lyoko SO CUTE!!!! *fan girl moment*

youre not alone girl he is so cute on lyoko
yemimah
User avatar
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:57 pm
Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby TB3 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:13 pm

yumi_yemimah wrote:
Writing_Addict wrote:I must be ditsy as my dog who walked into a fire hydrent but am I the only one who finds William on Lyoko SO CUTE!!!! *fan girl moment*

youre not alone girl he is so cute on lyoko


(shakes head) - William has gone from despised to adored, just by becoming a literal 'bad boy' ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
User avatar
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5467
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: Knee-deep in Italian pronouns

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 pm

TB3 wrote:
yumi_yemimah wrote:
Writing_Addict wrote:I must be ditsy as my dog who walked into a fire hydrent but am I the only one who finds William on Lyoko SO CUTE!!!! *fan girl moment*

youre not alone girl he is so cute on lyoko


(shakes head) - William has gone from despised to adored, just by becoming a literal 'bad boy' ;)


*snerk* I'm sorry but...even I had to give him credit for "playing Aelita and Jeremie" like he did in this one...that was horribly crafty. XD

...That and I'm not sure if it's a compliment to his character if I only like his "good version" when he's...dense. *giggles* ;D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Image
Image
User avatar
Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4380
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:14 pm
Location: Rainbow Cloud ^_^

Postby TB3 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:*snerk* I'm sorry but...even I had to give him credit for "playing Aelita and Jeremie" like he did in this one...that was horribly crafty. XD

...That and I'm not sure if it's a compliment to his character if I only like his "good version" when he's...dense. *giggles* ;D


Ah, Forrest Gump syndrome ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
User avatar
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5467
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: Knee-deep in Italian pronouns

Postby Carth » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Stupid guys are cute. From a distance. Kinda like evil guys.

So...I was scrolling through Wreck Room, looking for, ah, I'll confess, cute shots of Xanliam Finally got a good a**shot in this episode- uh, I never said that- and I came across something very familiar.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z244/MaikiNeko/0.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z244/MaikiNeko/0-1.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z244/MaikiNeko/0-2.jpg

Don't recognize these at all? Well, they look a lot like these shots from the opening sequence I showed y'all all the way back in May-

Image
Image

Both of them have Yumi slicing across Willie's forehead with her fan. In the opening sequence, it's in the Ice sector, and seems to have hit its mark. In Wreck Room, it missed. But I noticed something- in Wreck Room, he looks quite afraid of the fan as it skids near his XANA symbol- and then as it misses, he gets that smirk. Interesting.

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but you have to admit, the resemblence is strange.
User avatar
Carth offline
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 8372
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Syracuse University

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:08 pm

^^; Sorry Mahree, I had to change those top 3 screenshots into links...they were stretching out the page.

That's a really good find though. I'd wondered how similar those two scenes were (since they looked a lot alike) but it's nice to see it confirmed in a screen-by-screen breakdown. :D

Nicely caught! :)

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:*snerk* I'm sorry but...even I had to give him credit for "playing Aelita and Jeremie" like he did in this one...that was horribly crafty. XD

...That and I'm not sure if it's a compliment to his character if I only like his "good version" when he's...dense. *giggles* ;D


Ah, Forrest Gump syndrome ;)


XD I suppose that'd be the name for it.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Image
Image
User avatar
Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4380
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:14 pm
Location: Rainbow Cloud ^_^

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Aii, I was actually meaning to mention the similarity, but kept forgetting it xD;; Anyway to me, it looks like she was trying to do....something with her fan, but it either failed (like I think you mentioned, Carth) or William interrupted the action before she could finish it. Either way, it does look like the same move from the opening.


Mahree wrote:Finally got a good a**shot in this episode- uh, I never said that-

I actually thought of you when that shot popped up xD
Image
(Banner by Mew)

Image
(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |



- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
User avatar
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Somewhere deep in the internet

Postby MewmiC » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:34 pm

That is a little interesting. I'm tempted to say reused footage, but...

XANa's monsters take damage when the warriors hit the eye (Energy Field being the exception). Maybe if they hit the eye XANA's hold on William will temporarily weaken, or something like that. Or he will actually lose lifepoints since every enemy has a weak point. or it's reused footage.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
User avatar
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:26 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Postby YDV » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:37 pm

WOOOO NEW EP.

Clone!William is so stupid xDDD It's hilarious~

And. Is it just me or is Jeremie a REALLY BAD PROGRAMMER? >O Seriously. HOW many of his programs have gotten "bugged"? I wouldn't be surprised if he never programmed anything smarter than his robot dogs before Lyoko. >>;

Anyway. Um, yay? I totally thought that was William in Lyoko. AND THAT WAS SO CREEPY SDIJSDKFJHSDJKF. "Good to see you again... AELITA."

Um, um. Oh. And I swear they gave away a plot point there. "If he leads you to the Digital Sea, you'll be virtualized forever! Just like your father!" *cough cough* HMM, I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY FIRST GOT VIRTUALIZED.

Overall... 8/10? <s>+1 for butt shot of William >D</s>
BEHHHH
User avatar
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:21 pm

Postby Lani » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 am

YAY I WATCHED I LIKE <s>Too bad I was in the car on Tuesday :<</s>

ANYWAY. Umm. Yeah. Drawing a blank D: OH. Right, more Sissi involvement, that's always good in my book ;D Clone!William too, he makes my day forever.

And on the subject of eye colors? I always imagined Jeremie having grayish, Odd having PURPLE (come on guys.), and Yumi having darkbrown/black. ARh. William having bluish eyes makes me go alsdgjals inside. +50 points.

Uhh, I had my commentary over IM with YDV but... it's kind of inappropriate. xD;; AHAHA OH WELL.


...AHAHA OMG. I HAVE JAPANESE CLASS WHEN CL AIRS STARTING NEXT WEEK. TRAGIC. ;_____;
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
User avatar
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak
 
Posts: 4869
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: west block

Postby UltimaHedgie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:18 am

I also voted 7. Great ep, but basically a filler. It was quite hilarious, though. However, to answer the questions on why they voted Sissy in, it's because they didn't want William to be voted in like last time. It's fairly obvious. William might not have been a bad choice, but the real one is under XANA's control, which would screw them up. To avoid a repeat, they simply let Sissy do it.
User avatar
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Wisconsin (United States)

Postby Sankyou » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:54 am

I voted 9. This ep was so much better than Opening Act. And...did I detect hints of U/S in this one?

I don't know about everyone else, but Xanliam rox.
The British Mod Squad:
Simon Cowell.
Hugh Laurie.
Gordon Ramsay.

Our team sustains Jeremie/Yumi and House/Wilson!
User avatar
Sankyou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:52 pm
Location: In a dark, cold room, crying because House/Wilson is non-canon.

Postby Carth » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:48 am

Ghost Channel wrote:Aii, I was actually meaning to mention the similarity, but kept forgetting it xD;; Anyway to me, it looks like she was trying to do....something with her fan, but it either failed (like I think you mentioned, Carth) or William interrupted the action before she could finish it. Either way, it does look like the same move from the opening.


Mahree wrote:Finally got a good a**shot in this episode- uh, I never said that-

I actually thought of you when that shot popped up xD


Hahaha, really? xD i'm not obsessed with his overly large...patoot, I just think it's funny. I feel sorry for Aelita- she got the eyeful.

I'm thinking about that shot... it's probably important, being so close to his XANA symbol and everything. But, what does happen when this symbol is hit? William can't go splode- at least, I don't think- so maybe he's controlled? Released from XANA for a bit? Who knows. But I don't think Yumi knows this. This could be a moment of OMG for the gang or something. Or it could just be reused like MewmiC said...
User avatar
Carth offline
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 8372
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Syracuse University

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:09 am

Yay for my first glimpse of S4!!! (I've missed all the other episodes, and I can't watch them on Youtube cause the only computer avalable has no sound...:( )
Clone William has the mental power of Sissy, without her arrogence...he (it?) is hilarous....
Sissy actually didn't do to bad...selfless. And she did less whining than Ulrich did...lol...
Jim's line..."But I actually wouldn't mind talking about it..." XDDDD Perfect.
Poor Aelita tricked again. But she looks amazing her new outfit, and so does everybody else. lol
Talking about her outfit...what the heck are her wings made of?! It looks like light, but light can't push someone through the air....O.o...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Image
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Image
Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
User avatar
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:24 am

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:44 am

As someone (TB3, I think) already pointed out, lyoko doesn't have to obey real-world physics...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
User avatar
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak
 
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:25 am

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron