Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

S4 Episode 4: Wreck Room

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What did you think of this episode?

10 = Perfection!
11%
9 = Excellent
24%
8 = Very Good
38%
7 = Good
16%
6 = Decent
7%
5 = Fair
2%
4 = "Meh..."
2%
3 = Bad
No votes
2 = Very Bad
No votes
1 = Poor
No votes
0 = Pathetic
No votes

Total votes : 45

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:29 am

Oh....ok, didn't see that, sorry....^^;.
Odd was also awesome in this ep...I liked the whole thing with him doddging the creeper in the rocks, it looked cool (and he kept getting in the superman pose- you know, back straight, fists on hips- which made me laugh.).
They seriously need to teach Aelita some martial arts....
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:57 am

LadyLucy wrote:Oh....ok, didn't see that, sorry....^^;.

No apology needed. :)
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:26 pm

It's definetly a cliffhanger. I hope William loads up his guns and brings his friends that love to pretend.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby kizzi297 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:58 pm

I rather liked this ep...though mostly because of the Sissi parts...the wrek room wasn't that bad, I mean from what I'm guessing most of the kids don't get to watch tv,so If I was in there spot Id probebly like being in there too.
poor jerm
and the lyoko scenes weren't my fave,they weren't bad (Yumi's hair still rocks,can't say much about the second set of brows though) the whole xaiiam constantly kidnapping Aelita thing is a bit annoying.
still,Sissi surprised me when she made that jump...maybe the gang just might start giving in ^^...though I dought it.
all and all, I give it a 7 out of ten (though 8 if it went a but more suspenceful)
learned how to spell my name in heirogliphs(sp?)
kizzi297 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby jaimehlers » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:51 pm

Well, I thought it was pretty good. It is kind of a throwback to season two, though.

And while I don't like Sissi, I can't help but think that she can't be _too_ bad every time she does something brave like that...at least until the next RTTP, when she metamorphoses into a brat again.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 am

anyone else found humor in the fact that Xanaliam was riding a big scooter? (and Yumi's, too *hint hint*)

can't he just use Supersmoke? now that I think about it, that name is kinda corny...
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:51 am

What Sissi did in that episode may get her brownie points to becoming a Lyoko Warrior or become a prisoner of XANA, is that what you're saying? They have good benefits, both ways.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby yumi_yemimah » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:53 pm

8/10

good episode
i just love the way williams clone acts, hes so funny and he not even trying

and sissi was actually willing to fall but i still dont like her
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby ambitiouslove » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:00 pm

I really liked this episode as well. These are the kinds that make you think Sissi is becoming a more mature, self-sacrificing person... only to be thrown backwards thanks to "return to the past" in so many episodes.

I agree, the William clone is pretty funny. The monotone way he says things really gets to me :*D

In this episode, I started noticing the change of music as well. I really like the progress so far :)
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kamekai » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:54 pm

yeah, the same music, even if remixed every now and then, can only take you so far.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ambitiouslove » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:42 pm

True... but that sad-ish music they tend to play when Aelita deactivates a tower still tugs at my heart strings each time I hear it :*D
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kamekai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 am

also that music whenever it gets real dramatic, they should keep that, too.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby UltimaHedgie » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:05 am

Yeah, actually, I plain loved Sissy in this episode. I wonder if it means something...? Y'know, I've been waiting for Sissy to join the crew in, like, forever, but then we get William (of course, he does turn into the main bad dude). I just hope that Sissy gets more recognition this Season, but she already has had much more activity than in Season 3.
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby jaimehlers » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:03 pm

kamekai wrote:anyone else found humor in the fact that Xanaliam was riding a big scooter? (and Yumi's, too *hint hint*)

can't he just use Supersmoke? now that I think about it, that name is kinda corny...

I don't think he can both use Supersmoke and carry Aelita around (remember, in an earlier episode, he carried her around on the smoke, which was levitating her off of the ground). So he had to walk around pretty slowly in that episode, which gave the Lyoko warriors time to get to him. I think he decided to use the fact that the overwing had been set up by Jeremie so that he could carry Aelita to the edge of the sector faster, to maybe keep the Lyoko warriors from reaching him in time.

There is irony in that, though, that he used one of the gang's own vehicles against them. And it shows a fairly clever use of tactics as well.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Kamekai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 pm

your right, because stealing the enemy's vehicle for your own purpose is ingenious. *coughsarcasmcough* :*D
Last edited by Kamekai on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jaimehlers » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:14 pm

kamekai wrote:your right, because stealing the enemy's vehicle for your own purpose is ingenious. :*D

Indeed. It's even more fun to commandeer an enemy's unit than it is to destroy it, a lot of times.

Jeremie should try to steal Xana's monsters. Or make his own (though not a deus ex machina like that maribounta or whatever it's called). That'd be awesome.

jaimehlers offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:13 pm

I voted "Excellent" here. I adore William's clone!

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby MY85 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:51 am

I'll drop a gif from this episode here:

Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:39 pm

Mahree wrote:Stupid guys are cute. From a distance. Kinda like evil guys.

So...I was scrolling through Wreck Room, looking for, ah, I'll confess, cute shots of Xanliam Finally got a good a**shot in this episode- uh, I never said that- and I came across something very familiar.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z244/MaikiNeko/0.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z244/MaikiNeko/0-1.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z244/MaikiNeko/0-2.jpg

Don't recognize these at all? Well, they look a lot like these shots from the opening sequence I showed y'all all the way back in May-

-IMAGES WERE HERE-

Both of them have Yumi slicing across Willie's forehead with her fan. In the opening sequence, it's in the Ice sector, and seems to have hit its mark. In Wreck Room, it missed. But I noticed something- in Wreck Room, he looks quite afraid of the fan as it skids near his XANA symbol- and then as it misses, he gets that smirk. Interesting.

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but you have to admit, the resemblence is strange.

Forgive me for skipping a few pages in this thread to comment on this. I saw that and instantly thought back to that whole theory discussion we had in that other thread and came here to see if anyone else caught it. (Should've known you'd be the first to get it since you bought it up :P xD)

If you go back to the opening (and if memory doesn't fail here) if you pause it exactly on this certain second like 50 million times in a row, I think you do see Yumi's fan hitting the XANA Symbol and then bouncing off sort of. Though I'm not sure what that'll do. Perhaps it's like Aelita's Energy Field against him in the next ep (not even going to attempt to spell the name). Xaniliam kinda goes into a big column of smoke with some red on the bottom? Hopefully not since that means that he can't die pretty much...Oh well...

Episode itself.

Wow, this was really good. Sissi for showing her good side. William-clone was total luvvv from the whole Democracy comment to the extreme ping pong mode and then pinning Yumi down. They rocked.

Yumi and William fight...a lot...I actually kind of like it. Yumi's flips and such have improved quite a bit.

I really don't like how Aelita needs to pass her hands over her star thingy on her wrist to activate her wings (it reminds me way too much like PR:LG for some reason) -lulz, maybe wrong episode? I watched three of them in a row...xD- I think I would've perferred it if she could just, "grow" her wings out without having to activate them. It makes for much more drama. xD

Xaniliam gave an extremely good performance on Lyoko. I dunno, it seems almost a bit scary that XANA knew that they were launching a program to separate them. Though, I do wonder. Would it be possible to just enter a program into the tower like that and magically expect XANA to pop right out of William...? If you ask me, I would think that they need to hit the mark on his head and then have Jeremie launch said program. xD Just my thoughts...

I'd give it a 8.5, so voting 9 I guess...
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby zex marquise » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:42 am

Post deleted by Mewberries151" Please do not make pointless off-topic posts, particularly if they are insulting and or unfeeling towards other members, as these can easily cause fights.

I read the rest of that interesting little convo afterwards. I was gonna delete this post but you beat me to it. You moderators/admins really deserve some credit here. You guys are FAST.

Okay, so.
I liked the new cinematography in this ep, though there wasn't as much as in Opening Act. The fight choreography was definitely better than average, and little things like Odd's "Superman pose" really got me. I thought Stupid-Willie-clone was good fun. His lines were completely idiotic. "But if I back up, I'll run into the wall." Priceless. I like Aelita's spunk, but she needs a new line. The "ladies" thing is getting old real fast. I actually believed William had broken free for a minute there, but then he was evil again. XANA is getting smarter. For a super advanced AI, he hasn't had much of the "I" until now. Jim not getting to talk about his ping pong days was funny, but that rec room was rather pathetic. I definitely noticed the JxA moment in the elevator. I was getting worried about their relationship after the last few episodes were completely devoid of any real connection between them. Is that CN's fault? I remember something about "interference". Daaarn you, CN. Yumi's rock knocking XANliam into the air was great. XD She totally kicked but again. Why does XANA always kill her first? It's like he has a personal vendetta of causing William as much personal pain as possible while using him to attack his friends. Did anyone else notice how Xanified-clone-William completely annihilated the door that Ulrich barricades? That is some scary stuff. Sissi has been too one-dimensional for too long to be redeemed in my eyes. I don't like her no matter how brave she is for Ulrich. Anyway, it was funny and action-packed, but ultimately nothing happened of consequence and was filler. I really do hate it when nothing happens to progress the story, yet I keep on coming back for more. Oh well. 7/10. Opening Act was better.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby codeTONY » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:23 pm

Taelia wrote:....XD

*bursts out laughing*

That, everyone, s a good example of David Gasman's total hilariousness.

David doesn't write the show, Taelia. Buy a brain already.
OMG Japanese desu yo ( ^.^)( -.-)( _ _)
I am the 334th user here on LF. bee tee dubs.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:06 am

codeTONY-san wrote:
Taelia wrote:....XD

*bursts out laughing*

That, everyone, s a good example of David Gasman's total hilariousness.

David doesn't write the show, Taelia. Buy a brain already.

Be fair. How well a line is performed has a lot to do with it to.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:14 am

Who would have thought that Odd would eat a banana? XD That was cute! :D *_*
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:43 pm

I would never think of that, the banana eating thing. Now, Aelita should drink Mr PiBB out of a solid gold brandy glass with Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield while yelling, "XANA BAD!!!"

I was just replying to Taelia's comment.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:29 pm

Malkmusian wrote:I would never think of that, the banana eating thing. Now, Aelita should drink Mr PiBB out of a solid gold brandy glass with Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield while yelling, "XANA BAD!!!"

I was just replying to Taelia's comment.

I understood nothing of this post. :umm:

And what about Taelia's banana comment? Are you guys being... dirty!?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext