Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 am

Season 4 Episode 3: Opening Act

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Opening Act's rating...

10 - Divine isn't enough to describe this episode.
13%
9 - Stuff like this is just what Code Lyoko needs.
28%
8 - What a great episode.
28%
7 - Not bad, not brilliant, but it's worth the watch.
21%
6 - I expected more, but it wasn't that bad.
5%
5 - Meh...
No votes
4 - Boring, boring...
3%
3 - I'm better off hanging out with Paris Hilton in jail.
No votes
2 - I can't believe I watched this crap.
3%
1 - I'm seriously considering to stop watching Code Lyoko forever.
No votes
0 - This episode proves that Flavor Flav is the sexiest man alive.
No votes

Total votes : 39

Season 4 Episode 3: Opening Act

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:10 am

Tune in to Cartoon Network to get a hold of this new Code Lyoko episode!

Previous episodes:
William Returns
Double Take

What do you expect from this episode? Personally, I hope this gets better than Double Take.

And please, don't vote unless you have already seen the episode. :thumbs up:
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby TB3 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:35 pm

New episode tonight - you peeps getting excited :)

So, what can we expect - what have we been set up for?

ESTABLISHED EVENTS:
Jeremie: Working on writing a program (again - this is like...the fourth time!) - except this one's for William, in order to seperate him from Xana - is he going to mess up somehow?

The Team: Now established with new abilities and exploring them.

William/XANA: What has he been doing in the Virtual Sea?

Others: James Dunbar has been established, and there is also a clone of William walking about

EXPECTED FUTURE EVENTS:
We know that Franz is going to show up sooner or later, we can also expect XANA to have some uterior motive - some grand strategy - I doubt he's just back to destroy Lyoko (though that is a possibility), so I suspect he has some planned use for the Virtual World.

Project Carthage, James Dunbar and other aspects (Aelita's mother?) look to have some future bearing too - we also know that a new sector is awaiting discovery, and that the team are going to get ships to fight with.

TONIGHT'S EP:
Whether it's a literal translation of the French title or a piece of wordplay by Allen Wenger, 'Opening Act' linguisitically goes hand-in-hand with 'raising the curtain' - I expect tonight we can expect the team getting some form of revelation or taking steps towards a new development - the first act in a new story. These could be Xana's masterplan, the new sector, or some other thing. There's also the chance that the title could refer to an event at Kadic (the actual production of 'Cyrano' maybe?) or be a double-meaning.

And let's not forget Moonscoop's ability to throw something entirely out of left-field and catch us by surprise. This applies to both tonight and S4 in general, and I can't wait to see if they can pull the carpet out from under us! :)
Last edited by TB3 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:52 pm

Ah, I wouldn't bet on it. :whatever: I seriously thought this season was gonna be GOOD! :cussout:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:28 pm

Hey, Season 4 is fairly long, they have plenty of time to improve. Have faith, Taelia.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:42 pm

From the previews, this episode is about the Subsonics coming to Kadic and holding their audtion, and it seems XANA creates a clone of some of the members?
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:49 pm

So this episode is either, to me, going to be amazingly awesome or amazingly filler. YAY! =D

Hopefully we'll get more angles on Xanliam. More avatars to maaake...
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:27 pm

And more requests for you. :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Why do I feel like crying after watching the first few minutes? O_o; Sissy's was uh...interesting...Odd's we don't know! And poor Aelita...poor Jeremy...poor our ears...

Looks like Chris is using Jim's famous line! I hear William exploding everytime from Chris...and Jim. I think David is stressed out....and the animation is weird...Odd's head and chin (and mouth) keep going out of character...

Okay I'm over analyzing right now...
Last edited by Writing_Addict on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 pm

I hear there are new outfits in the scanners, as rightly prophesised :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 pm

Wait the ep's not over yet but...

Was it just me, or were those new scanner scenes?

Odd in a hoodie alskdgalksdjglkdsfahklgsajglkdfhkjdhgaslkgjslkd

edit; ROFL HI TB3 I MISSED YOU >:
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 pm

So...predictable, childish, mostly predictable...(But then again 8-12 age range...can't say anything!)

And that's what that wrist star watch thing is for!

And the outfit thing in the scanners, what with the new outfits anyway? Is Sophie lying to us?! (Doubt she would..but you never know)
EDIT:
For a minute I thought Jeremy was mean...He's such a softie... :*D
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:32 pm

Its very good episode. With the subdigitals in it.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:33 pm

Well, I loved the action scenes on Lyoko, and the new music (They remixed the Tower Deactivation chorus-singy voice song!) and at the end, Jeremie was such a sweetheart. But otherwise, the episode was... OK. And new scanner scenes! It looks like they're at least making new scenes to recycle.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:37 pm

YES, the action scenes were really awesome. Especially Yumi. Rofl, she strikes a pose as she whips out her fans. That's so awesome.

And Aelita spells her name with an accent over the e? That's cool. :B And just Aelita in general is omg.

Chris was kinda hot too? And it's glad to know that you can tell he's probably bleached his hair one too many times. xD;

As for plot...? It may be implied that Aelita gets accepted and then she travels with them hence new outfits? Maybe. I dunno. Just throwing things out there.

Hee. Yay.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:39 pm

I saw the new outfits in the scanners, too. I don't think we were supposed to see that bit of stock footage just yet... unless maybe they intentionally "goofed" to give us something to speculate on?

All in all, a decent episode. The Lyoko fight scenes were somewhat repetitive, but the 2D action made up for it.

Jeremie has mentioned the ship for the first time!

Will anything come of Aelita's audition?

...did anybody else notice the lampshade hanging of the Subsonic -> Subdigital name change?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 pm

okay, I only saw the last half of the episode, but I did notice several things:

1) Water in the Forest sector returns! (something we haven't really seen since S1)
2) Yeah, I did catch the new outfits in the scanner. Whoops!
3) Aelita still doesn't have the hang of the new wings QUITE yet. She'll get better... But we did learn something else: the four pointed star on her wrist isn't just for decoration! It activates the wings!
4) When Odd blew up a Krabe, the legs exploded while the body rolled away. A bit of a deviation from when the body exploded and the legs caved in upon themselves.
5) Ulrich's first successful fight with William! Again: Ulrich=Precision, William=Crushing everything in his path. As was evident when he got his sword stuck in the tree...
6) Return of the black manta!
7) William evidently has super vision (or something like Odd's precognition ability he had during S1) in that he was able to see Aelita from a long ways away as she flew towards the tower.
8) Jim finds the computer. Again. And the RTTP erased it. Again.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 pm

See? I told you this episode sucked! :cussout: Keep this up and...

*cue sound of axe chopping down tree*

CL TIMBER!!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Hazumirein » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:01 pm

Pretty interesting episode.
The new scanner scenes seem to confirm that the group's getting some new Earth outfits, or at least that's what I figure.

Also found out what Aelita's star is for, and that the wings don't make her as overpowered as it seemed. Speaking of Aelita, while it's doubtful, I'm wondering if they'll make any referance to Chris liking her demo in the future. I mean, I'd imagine it'd be kind of a big deal.
(Oh, and poor Odd. He had such high hopes for awhile there.)

As for Lyoko, the fight scenes were pretty cool. Yumi was totally kicking butt for awhile there. Oh, and I totally cracked up when XANA-William's sword got stuck in the tree. Classic.
"The problem with reality is the lack of background music."
Hazumirein offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:03 pm

Am I the only one who never noticed the star on Aelita's wrist before?

SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:12 pm

I seriously HATED this episode! :cussout: ;__; I liked it better when Jim had no family to sspeak of.

(pants for air while crying before passing out)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:14 pm

Relax, relax, Taelia, your time will come...

One thing I noticed in this ep was a definite increase in picture quality, 2D and 3D. Maybe that was true in Double Take as well, but I've never seen that on TV, so...yeah. The quality was overall amazing- has been all season.

No expansion on the little moment in DT- a personal disappointment for me, but a niched one. But that little comment Ulrich made was kinda like that. And I was seriously LOLing when Xanliam got his sword stuck in the tree. See, little things like that get me going. Lots of good angles on him too- I'll milk some avatars and sigs outta this one.

I noticed the new outfits- Yumi's sequence looked a bit strange, with her facial expression, Ulrich's didn't look any different at first glance (OK, the high collar...) Odd...HOODIE. HOOODEEEEEE. Wonder when these new outfits will find their entrance- it'd mean the end of Odd's famous shirt, though. Wank. I wonder if Jer and Aeli are getting new outfits as well. I didn't catch her virtualization. Don't think she even had one.

Chris (did we catch his last name? it'd be funny if it was Donathan...*listening to Medic Droid*) was very well-placed, on good terms with Uncle Jimbo (perhaps too good...rather not talk about it, eh?). Their faces even looked the same, of course Chris's smoother and sans bandaid. I love his hair. Imma gonna steal it.

So...Subdigitals. Chris did mention a name change...but for the sake of previous translations, they couldv'e just kept it the way it was.

It seems like Xanliam's entire vocabulary is only made up of about nine phrases, not counting grunts. XD

I sense some tension between Jerboy and Aelita in this episode. I mean, I don't think he said one word here that wasn't hacker jargon. His obsession is getting in the way of his relationship. Poor kid.

I think this episode marks the first time Xanliam's actually been hit. Two fans to the back- ouchy. Not to mention I think I saw Yumi knee him somewhere in the groin...*hee hee*

Overall, a bit more thought-out than usual, although the attack was a bit predictable and repetitive. Though I love that Jim's in the factory. Again. I gave it a 9. Maybe an 8.
Carth offline

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 pm

Taelia wrote:See? I told you this episode sucked! :cussout: Keep this up and...

*cue sound of axe chopping down tree*

CL TIMBER!!
Taelia wrote:I seriously HATED this episode! :cussout: ;__; I liked it better when Jim had no family to sspeak of.

(pants for air while crying before passing out)

Well, I know who voted 2 on the poll...

Take a deep breath, then repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, I should really just relax'
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:19 pm

Yeah, you're right. I should just relax.

(Let me know how David takes the fact that I missed this episode)

Oh, and I also liked it better when Jim was WITH the Warriors instead of being against them.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:24 pm

Taelia wrote:Yeah, you're right. I should just relax.

(Let me know how David takes the fact that I missed this episode)

Oh, and I also liked it better when Jim was WITH the Warriors instead of being against them.

He was kinda with them here. He was fighting the clone, anyway. (To defend little nephew Chrissy, but still...)
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:26 pm

But he got his memory erased. :(
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next