Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

Season 4 Episode 2: Double Take

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Time to rank the episode. Pick a number.

10 - I'm not kidding, nothing that will be shown later gets better than this.
15%
9 - Brilliant episode! I'm proud of being a Code Lyoko fan. ^_^
28%
8 - Solid episode, I'm impressed with it.
26%
7 - This is a good episode.
17%
6 - Above the average, some parts are fun.
7%
5 - It's okay. Not good, not bad.
6%
4 - I'm dissapointed. Hope it gets better later or it's gonna be as bad as most of Nickelodeon's shows.
No votes
3 - Randy Orton sucks, but not as much as this episode.
No votes
2 - I thought the Barbie song from Aqua was crap, but this is worse.
2%
1 - This episode < Bag of s**t.
No votes
0 - Save yourself half an hour of your life. It ain't worth watching this at all.
No votes

Total votes : 54

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:58 pm

zex marquise wrote:Zanbatou=huge-freaking-Cloud-sword? Well, I'm impressed.

Well, technically it'd be:

Zanbatou = huge-"Sagara Sanosuke"-sword...since Rurouni Kenshin came out first, before FFVII and- *is bricked*

Although Watsuki Nobuhiro probably borrowed the idea from someone else, in which case- *is bricked again*

XD

Maikoru-kun wrote:

If I remember correctly...-pulls from FE knowledge xDDD-

Zanbatou's a really big sword that was meant to slay horseriders since one strike of the sword could bring down both rider and horse. However, it was impratical to use because of its shear size and thus became one of those show weapons as opposed to a more used weapon...

OF COURSE, I could be completely wrong so feel free to smack me on the head if I am. xD

Nope, you're right. :D I believe it's a purely mythical weapon though, that never really existed (except for the ones being made now due to fan interest in owning said weapons *snickers* ).

But so yeah...dual blades vs. a zanbatou...classic. :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Writing_Addict » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:

Well, technically it'd be:

Zanbatou = huge-"Sagara Sanosuke"-sword...since Rurouni Kenshin came out first, before FFVII and- *is bricked*

Although Watsuki Nobuhiro probably borrowed the idea from someone else, in which case- *is bricked again*

XD

Maikoru-kun wrote:

If I remember correctly...-pulls from FE knowledge xDDD-

Zanbatou's a really big sword that was meant to slay horseriders since one strike of the sword could bring down both rider and horse. However, it was impratical to use because of its shear size and thus became one of those show weapons as opposed to a more used weapon...

OF COURSE, I could be completely wrong so feel free to smack me on the head if I am. xD

Nope, you're right. :D I believe it's a purely mythical weapon though, that never really existed (except for the ones being made now due to fan interest in owning said weapons *snickers* ).

But so yeah...dual blades vs. a zanbatou...classic. :D

Especially when the dual blades aren't even half the size of the other sword...but they are blades and blades aren't that big, usually.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby laserodd » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:39 am

i give it a 10 because code lyoko is the best though at first it was a no show no mroe but now it is and its even better not to metion out of all the shows i've seen on tv, nottin gets better then code lyoko with its new season now
She's the one i only want in my life, to make me real happy

Name: Frank
Time Zone: Eastern
Msn: Frankofdark@hotmail.com
Aim: frankofdark@aim.com

laserodd offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:57 am

laserodd wrote:i give it a 10 because code lyoko is the best though at first it was a no show no mroe but now it is and its even better not to metion out of all the shows i've seen on tv, nottin gets better then code lyoko with its new season now

Try to make things more clearly when you type, I really didn't understand you.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:46 pm

He liked it.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Isn't my post useful?

Postby Writing_Addict » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:47 pm

I did get that vibe. ^^;

So...I don't know what to speak about right now, and I am not contributing at all...

How pointless this is...
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:48 pm

Wait... this episode airs today in the States on CN, right?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Aurabolt » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:03 pm

Yep. All in all, besides the obvious points to J/A which I just adored, I find myself a LOT more interested in what the new powers of Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi. Sure, Jeremie may have given them new outfits and a glaring modification to Aelita which improves her mobility, attack, and assures that we will never need to worry about her falling into the Digital Sea ever again. Point is; I want to know what the others got out of this deal.

Oh, and CoolClone!Jeremie for the win. Not as cool as regular Jeremie, but close enough. After all, when brains can make that kind of brawn, you don't argue......I can see the clone William being an asset to Xana Attacks as well.
I am not a bodybulider! Sabin; FF6.

Odd: You need some lessons in flirting, Einstein. If Aelita was to walk through that door, right now, what would you say to her?
Jeremie: *Gibberish*
Odd: That's what I thought....(Go away Odd! Jeremie doesn't need your help!)

JxA Forever!
Aurabolt offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Reploid CB » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:13 pm

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit; I know I was laughing through enough of it, from Jim rambling (yet again) to Clone Jeremie's "flirting" and just general...activity xD

Also, I absolutely melted at the J/A. One of the best little moments if you ask me ^^

And it was pretty cool seeing the new outfits in motion, although just like before I love Aelita's the best, wings, skirt, and all. Poor Ulrich though, getting devirtualized the way he did x_X That looked like it hurt.

All in all, an enjoyable episode, if you ask me.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:30 pm

Aurabolt wrote:Yep. All in all, besides the obvious points to J/A which I just adored, I find myself a LOT more interested in what the new powers of Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi. Sure, Jeremie may have given them new outfits and a glaring modification to Aelita which improves her mobility, attack, and assures that we will never need to worry about her falling into the Digital Sea ever again. Point is; I want to know what the others got out of this deal.

Oh, and CoolClone!Jeremie for the win. Not as cool as regular Jeremie, but close enough. After all, when brains can make that kind of brawn, you don't argue......I can see the clone William being an asset to Xana Attacks as well.

I really more see him, stupid as he is, as a sort of comic relief. I have an odd image in my head of him dying in every episode, and them having to make a new one.

Aaand I just realized that I have to tape all of S4 in order to see it. Wank. -_-
Carth offline

Postby DeadViolet » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:47 pm

Aelita + Angel Wings = PWNage.

Plus, Jeremy's double made me LOL.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:00 pm

*blinks* Wow...I totally just realized that I never actually "commented" on this episode. XD Ooops.

Ah well, anyway, mostly touching on what everyone else has said, the Jeremie clone was absolutely hilarious. A show-off and a flirt. XDXD Not to mention, I loved how, towards the end, he stopped to fix his hair before attacking Jeremie, and then got all "electrified"...which messed up his hair again. XD

I'm half wondering if that whole "emerging trait" business about the Jeremie clone was just Jeremie covering up for the fact that he wanted to get back at Yumi for flirting with him at the end of "Image Problem". X) Either way though, the looks on Aelita's and Ulrich's faces were priceless. *snickers*

Jim's tirade was hilarious (and Aelita's "Bless you, Jim." was adorable). Nicole gets massive kudos for "pwning" Mr. Delmas at the Penguin game. XDXD That was sweet. And we actually got to see William's dad. O.o

Speaking of William, if he suddenly sprouts a single black wing, I'm going to die laughing.

And speaking of wings...I am adding a pair of wings like Aelita's to my Birthday list. XD Those things are awesome...and pretty! And PINK! X)

Ulrich got schooled again...ouch. I can't figure out if William can just inherently tell where the real Ulrich is, or if it was just a lucky guess. (Either that or he somehow heard him move, since Ulrich took a small side step, just before William made up his mind to attack him). I suppose this will require further episodes though to make a decision on. (Although that's bad news for Ulrich if his Triplicate can't fool William ^^; )

Yumi rocked...until she fell...twice. XD It's not exactly her fault that the digital sea just seems to like her but.... *snickers* Her new form is exceedingly pretty though. The little flowers on the shoulder pads are a nice touch and I love how they've animated and rendered her hair. ^.^

Aelita "pwns" all. And to those of you calling her "over-powered"...just consider this a moment. She was fighting Tarantulas...which are ground-based creatures (even if they can fire upwards). Just wait until she has to face off against Hornets and Mantas. Can you say, "aerial battle"? :D

*snickers* Poor Odd...I can't tell if he's disappointed, or if he was taking Yumi's response to mean, "breath-taking"...although I'm willing to bet its the former (which is hilarious in itself). This is what happens Odd, when you aggravate Jeremie "while" he's still building your new look. *snerk*

At least he gave him the bell bottoms he asked for. :*D

The whole William/Yumi touchy thing isn't exactly weird to me, but it does bring up some interesting questions (at least in terms of what was going on there and who was reacting to whom XD ).

I believe someone already suggested that that could have been William gaining some amount of control back over XANA. That makes sense to me...and also kind of explains why he suddenly just decided to push her off (which would be XANA re-asserting himself). Then again, it could have just been one big ploy (or another one of XANA's...moments *snerk* )...but maybe let that pass for now. XD At any rate, I'm curious to see if Yumi holds some sort of power in getting William to fight off XANA's control (if that is indeed possible and what happened).

Speaking of William...his clone is hilarious. *snerk* Yumi's expressions at the end there were priceless. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby . » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:43 am

First I'd like to thank Warton for his site, because I forgot to set my VCR today while I was at work.

All I can say is... Well it was much better then Episode 1, that being said, I'm glad this is CL final season. It's evolved to such a point that anything above this will be overkill and effectively jump the shark.

I'm soured on the direction they take where William likes Yumi.

the animation is so much more crisp, my god the show is beutiful with that extra budget, no?

Yumi and Aelita our now sexyness that exists in my dreams. See threw skirt *drool*

Hope they don't overkill Jim.

I dislike the use of clones, it just seems way to "out there" for me. However, you ever see the 6th day? Well it'll be interesting whenever Will comes back.

Jeremie/Yumi slash? I can dig it.

William now has spikes on his wrists. EEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMOOOOOOO
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:53 am

Jeremie/Yumi SLASH?

I'm ninety percent sure that Slash is Yaoi...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe the correct term would be "Fluff" or "Flirting."
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:09 am

Yeah I agree with Sithking on this.

Side note: I can tell that you are a red vs blue fan.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:26 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Speaking of William, if he suddenly sprouts a single black wing, I'm going to die laughing.

:*D
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi

XANAroth!
(duh duh duh duh duh da da da)
XANAroth!

If you don't get this joke, you are unworthy of life. Go watch Advent Children on youtube to redeem yourself.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby YDV » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:16 am

Sithking Zero wrote:Jeremie/Yumi SLASH?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Slash and yaoi aren't the same thing. And it wouldn't be either.

Continue with your lives now.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:33 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Aelita "pwns" all. And to those of you calling her "over-powered"...just consider this a moment. She was fighting Tarantulas...which are ground-based creatures (even if they can fire upwards). Just wait until she has to face off against Hornets and Mantas. Can you say, "aerial battle"? :D

She's totally overpowered, wings and pink orbs included. Can Odd, Yumi and Ulrich travel through the skies of Lyoko without the need of a vehicle? Aelita can. Let's not forget when on some past episode, Aelita was proven to have a good aomunt of speed and agility, so add the wings and she's overpowered. When she faces Hornets and Mantras, she'll face them with the greatest of ease. She flies quite fast from what I've seen and if she dealt easily with the Tarantulas, then I'd doubt she could have any problem with those other two you mentioned.

This episode kinda sucked, really. Some of the stuff there was too predictable (the Jeremie clone was obviously going to be taken over by Xana; at Lyoko, the same old s**t with the team killing easily the Xana monsters) , poor introduction of the uniforms, RL scenes aren't amusing IMO, the scenes with the fake Jeremie and the Kadic students was pretty stupid. Who buys that crap with the nerd having excellent talent for Physical Education classes? Nobody, save Team Lyoko, questions the faux Jeremie and they buy his talent, especially Jim of all people. The only real interesting thing out of this episode is that perhaps the real William can start trying to take control over his body.

Now maybe I had higher expectations for this episode, but the first time I saw it, I ended dissapointed. Why does it seems that I'm the only one dissapointed with the episode?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:06 am

zex marquise wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Speaking of William, if he suddenly sprouts a single black wing, I'm going to die laughing.

:*D
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi

Estuans interius
Ira vehementi

XANAroth!
(duh duh duh duh duh da da da)
XANAroth!

If you don't get this joke, you are unworthy of life. Go watch Advent Children on youtube to redeem yourself.

XDXD Nicely done. I find it highly amusing that the name "William" can be pronounced in a way to fit those lyrics too. *snickers*

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Aelita "pwns" all. And to those of you calling her "over-powered"...just consider this a moment. She was fighting Tarantulas...which are ground-based creatures (even if they can fire upwards). Just wait until she has to face off against Hornets and Mantas. Can you say, "aerial battle"? :D

She's totally overpowered, wings and pink orbs included. Can Odd, Yumi and Ulrich travel through the skies of Lyoko without the need of a vehicle? Aelita can.

However, Aelita was not given a vehicle of her own...she could only use the others or whatever vehicle was left available (or tag along with someone). This way she doesn't have to depend on someone else for a ride, and it seems only fair that she should be given some sort of personalized mode of transportation like the others did.

What's more...we've yet to see if the wings disintegrate/disappear if struck by a laser (as is what happens with the vehicles) so there's a good chance they're not "indestructible."

MakeYourself85 wrote:Let's not forget when on some past episode, Aelita was proven to have a good aomunt of speed and agility, so add the wings and she's overpowered. When she faces Hornets and Mantras, she'll face them with the greatest of ease. She flies quite fast from what I've seen and if she dealt easily with the Tarantulas, then I'd doubt she could have any problem with those other two you mentioned.

Personally, I think that though she is agile, Hornets and Mantas could still prove a match to her, since Hornets could swarm and out-number her and Mantas could drop mines, inhibiting her agility in flight.

However, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we. >D

MakeYourself85 wrote:Now maybe I had higher expectations for this episode, but the first time I saw it, I ended dissapointed. Why does it seems that I'm the only one dissapointed with the episode?

To each his own. ^_^ Some liked it and others didn't. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Double Take

Postby Stargate » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:33 am

This episode was so totally awesome. I must have watched it three times after I traped it. *_*

Was I the only one amused by Jeremie Two? Good God, that boy's hilarious. The way he was flirting and when he fixed his hair just before attacking Jeremie.... yeah, he's awesome, I'd love to see him again. :*D

The J/A moment in this episode really had me bouncing off the walls, I think it's because J/A was kind of ignored in S3 so it's nice to see it acknowledged again.

The W/Y moment was kinda sweet, kinda creepy. I think XANA has an infatuation with Yumi now since he's using William's body.

Overall rating: 10/10. Looking forward to next week. ;)
*Credit for avatar goes to CBIzumi.

I am Image

Join The 'Save AmDrag' Campaign!
Official Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/svamdrag/petition.html
Stargate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:44 am

I personally like the Jim/Suzanne scene. Am I the only one to notice her big smile?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:58 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:

She's totally overpowered, wings and pink orbs included. Can Odd, Yumi and Ulrich travel through the skies of Lyoko without the need of a vehicle? Aelita can. Let's not forget when on some past episode, Aelita was proven to have a good aomunt of speed and agility, so add the wings and she's overpowered. When she faces Hornets and Mantras, she'll face them with the greatest of ease. She flies quite fast from what I've seen and if she dealt easily with the Tarantulas, then I'd doubt she could have any problem with those other two you mentioned.

This episode kinda sucked, really. Some of the stuff there was too predictable (the Jeremie clone was obviously going to be taken over by Xana; at Lyoko, the same old s**t with the team killing easily the Xana monsters) , poor introduction of the uniforms, RL scenes aren't amusing IMO, the scenes with the fake Jeremie and the Kadic students was pretty stupid. Who buys that crap with the nerd having excellent talent for Physical Education classes? Nobody, save Team Lyoko, questions the faux Jeremie and they buy his talent, especially Jim of all people. The only real interesting thing out of this episode is that perhaps the real William can start trying to take control over his body.

Now maybe I had higher expectations for this episode, but the first time I saw it, I ended dissapointed. Why does it seems that I'm the only one dissapointed with the episode?

As oppose to ya know, past seasons where she was bassically worthless outside of deactivating towers and sex appeal. Now shes too powerful? Bah.

Your forgetting the most important thing right now, Rodri, the XANA minions are no longer suppose to be that tough. Now they should be used as minor annoyances, because William is the mainevent star here. Once again he beat the crap out of ulrich and the like. The important thing is that they keep william stronger than Team Lyoko until it's time for them to pull a John Cena.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:07 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Jeremie/Yumi SLASH?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.SlashFic

MakeYourself85 wrote:When she faces Hornets and Mantras, she'll face them with the greatest of ease. She flies quite fast from what I've seen and if she dealt easily with the Tarantulas, then I'd doubt she could have any problem with those other two you mentioned.

I supect the real test will be either Megatanks or Skippy.

MakeYourself85 wrote:Now maybe I had higher expectations for this episode, but the first time I saw it, I ended dissapointed. Why does it seems that I'm the only one dissapointed with the episode?

You're dissapointed by everything, though.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby X.A.N.A » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:30 pm

I agree with Mewberries151, most of what took place in the episode was expected.... but with that said I enjoyed the part where Xana/William caressed Yumi's cheek, then pushed her off the ledge.

That of course could be Xana being Xana ("he's" always had a thing about Yumi, no?) or possibily William trying to assert himself over Xana's control.

But that's already been mentioned...... I wonder if Xana will try to take control of the William clone (probably...).

*waves* It's good to be back :)
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Re: Double Take

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Stargate wrote:Was I the only one amused by Jeremie Two? Good God, that boy's hilarious. The way he was flirting and when he fixed his hair just before attacking Jeremie.... yeah, he's awesome, I'd love to see him again. :*D

You're definitely not alone. I absolutely found the Jeremie clone hilarious.

...Oh how much I would have paid to have been in the VA studio during the recording of that scene. XD

Stargate wrote:The J/A moment in this episode really had me bouncing off the walls, I think it's because J/A was kind of ignored in S3 so it's nice to see it acknowledged again.

Ditto that. They have a very cute relationship. Now for some Y/U please? ;D

Cassius335 wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:When she faces Hornets and Mantras, she'll face them with the greatest of ease. She flies quite fast from what I've seen and if she dealt easily with the Tarantulas, then I'd doubt she could have any problem with those other two you mentioned.

I supect the real test will be either Megatanks or Skippy.

Ooo, Skippy, yes! :D He can float...and he could probably ambush her and grab her out of the sky. O.o

Although that brings up the interesting question of whether or not Skippy will even be seen this season...or if William has taken his place. O_o;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext