Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Season 4 Episode 2: Double Take

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Time to rank the episode. Pick a number.

10 - I'm not kidding, nothing that will be shown later gets better than this.
15%
9 - Brilliant episode! I'm proud of being a Code Lyoko fan. ^_^
28%
8 - Solid episode, I'm impressed with it.
26%
7 - This is a good episode.
17%
6 - Above the average, some parts are fun.
7%
5 - It's okay. Not good, not bad.
6%
4 - I'm dissapointed. Hope it gets better later or it's gonna be as bad as most of Nickelodeon's shows.
No votes
3 - Randy Orton sucks, but not as much as this episode.
No votes
2 - I thought the Barbie song from Aqua was crap, but this is worse.
2%
1 - This episode < Bag of s**t.
No votes
0 - Save yourself half an hour of your life. It ain't worth watching this at all.
No votes

Total votes : 54

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:06 am

Hmmm... several things I noticed.

1) We still have not broken into what I consider to be the true meat and bones of the new season- the replika islands.
2) The event I feared has come to pass! The REAL William's dad calleth Kadic!
3) The fight scenes are much more smoothely rendered, and everything looks so crisp and clean. Too bad we didn't see much of Odd fighting, though. That would be cool. Wonder if anyone else has some sort of new power, like Aelita?
4) I did make a connection between William's sword and something. In the game, "Homeworld: Catyclism," you fight an enemy that takes over enemy ships (a'la XANA style) and gives them an appearence like something is growing on them. In return, they are given more power. These guys are called "The Beast.
5) I did notice that the people at Moonscoop are trying to make the professors and officials seem more... realistic. They aren't just NPC's from some sort of video game, they have personality quirks and absurdities, like any other person. I thought that Mrs. Hertz was funny today, something that i haven't seen in a while.
6) Still no Franz!
7) William apparently has some sort of tower-influencing power, or at the bare minimum, XANA can use him to channel power.
8) Aelita seemed pretty graceful with wings. Perhaps she doesn't need a vehicle anymore?

That's all I noticed.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:14 am

Sithking Zero wrote:2) The event I feared has come to pass! The REAL William's dad calleth Kadic!

Wasn't that bound to happen someday? And besides, I doubt William's dad will show up on the next episode. Maybe he'll show up later and we'll see the gang BS him on the phone with a fake William's voice.

Sithking Zero wrote:6) Still no Franz!

He's not really important right now. The average CL fan would care less for some old fart like FH.

Am I really the only one who thinks this episode isn't better than William Returns?
Last edited by MY85 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby knifey » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:28 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:6) Still no Franz!

He's not really important right now. The average CL fan would care less for some old fart like FH.
I totally forgot to mention that. I am disappointed (so far) that Franz hasn't been mentioned once since it's been said that this season was going to go more into the history of Hopper and the creation of Lyoko.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby zex marquise » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:52 am

Writing_Addict wrote:Jim and Ms.Hertz was a total classic. Though I didn't quite catch what she said after the clone through the ball.

Basically, she said he was more barbaric than the guys who destroyed the Library of Alexandria in ancient times.

Brains wrote:Yeah, XANA has a thing for Yumi. :/ Although I kind of think at least part of that was William. Ew. Gtfo.

Poor thing. I can see why she gave up men. :<

God, some jokes refuse to die. Heehee.

I do recall Jeremie said in an earlier episode something about making a digital clone of himself with an AI mind to go to Lyoko. It will probably be a smartarse Neo wannabe. All nerds subconsciously think there the shizzle. After all, his clone turned into a overconfident pimp, and it's AI was based off of a scan of Jeremie's mind. Poor Odd. He feels like an idiot in that cat suit. William has no style for fighting. He just swings his huge-freaking-Cloud-sword around like Darth Vader chopping down a tree. At least Ulrich has someone who can best him in battle for once. What was with his yellow power ranger outfit? With the duel katanas he reminds me of Cheetor, now.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Carth » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:20 am

WAA MY COMMENT GOT ERASED IN THE MOVE. T^T

As soon as I feel like typing it out again, I'll do as such...I loved that comment so much...

I'll just say this for now. WOWZA. Wowza wowza wowza. I am going to be watching that cheek touch. Over and over. Forever. XANAYUMI FTW.

---

Okie, more to say.

From what I can see from the cheek touch, besides the fact I'm squealing in my chair...during one part, Yumi's hand moved, as if she were pushing him away. And I'm pretty sure she was. (Can't blame her thinking of her, can't believe her thinking of him.) And then Xanliam pushed her off the cliff...and in a split second, we see Yumi grabbing him and pulling him down after her. I'm thinking of putting up caps soon. I love that scene too much...la la la...

As for the rest of the episode...

I agree, the intro to the new outfits was a bit shoddy. Very sudden. No buildup. And we didn't see Odd's kittyears very well. One thing, though I loved- when Aelita said that thing about Jer being the wind beneath her wings. It was an iffy line, but Jeremie's reaction (his blush, smile, tug on his collar...) was priceless.

The staff was AWESOME in this episode. Jim. ROFL. I loved his spiel near the beginning. 'Doso'? XD I could just imagine the rap song 'Walk It Out' playing in the background. (I have a whole soundtrack lined up for this ep, it's wierd...) And Jean-Pierre. PENGUIN. 0_0

Mr. Dunbar showed up? Odd...I must've skipped that part.

The clones were wonderfully ridiculous. Jeremie's clone was kinda odd, but that part where he stopped to fix his hair before attacking Jer....ROFL. Willie's clone...I skipped a bit of that too, just heard something about, "Well, uh, don't forget to take your medicine!" XD. Is he really stupid or something?

All in all, I'd give it a 9. Whatever is bad, the cheek touch makes up for it all. I'm thinking subplot. =D
Carth offline

Postby Tyler the Kitsune » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:18 am

You guys are so lucky. I don't get to see it until it shows on CN in a week. But from what I hear it sounds like a pretty good ep.
Tyler the Kitsune offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby UltimaHedgie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:56 am

Carth wrote:WAA MY COMMENT GOT ERASED IN THE MOVE. T^T

As soon as I feel like typing it out again, I'll do as such...I loved that comment so much...

I'll just say this for now. WOWZA. Wowza wowza wowza. I am going to be watching that cheek touch. Over and over. Forever. XANAYUMI FTW.

---

Okie, more to say.

From what I can see from the cheek touch, besides the fact I'm squealing in my chair...during one part, Yumi's hand moved, as if she were pushing him away. And I'm pretty sure she was. (Can't blame her thinking of her, can't believe her thinking of him.) And then Xanliam pushed her off the cliff...and in a split second, we see Yumi grabbing him and pulling him down after her. I'm thinking of putting up caps soon. I love that scene too much...la la la...

As for the rest of the episode...

I agree, the intro to the new outfits was a bit shoddy. Very sudden. No buildup. And we didn't see Odd's kittyears very well. One thing, though I loved- when Aelita said that thing about Jer being the wind beneath her wings. It was an iffy line, but Jeremie's reaction (his blush, smile, tug on his collar...) was priceless.

The staff was AWESOME in this episode. Jim. ROFL. I loved his spiel near the beginning. 'Doso'? XD I could just imagine the rap song 'Walk It Out' playing in the background. (I have a whole soundtrack lined up for this ep, it's wierd...) And Jean-Pierre. PENGUIN. 0_0

Mr. Dunbar showed up? Odd...I must've skipped that part.

The clones were wonderfully ridiculous. Jeremie's clone was kinda odd, but that part where he stopped to fix his hair before attacking Jer....ROFL. Willie's clone...I skipped a bit of that too, just heard something about, "Well, uh, don't forget to take your medicine!" XD. Is he really stupid or something?

All in all, I'd give it a 9. Whatever is bad, the cheek touch makes up for it all. I'm thinking subplot. =D

The William clone is dumb. It went and said "uh... can I break anything else?" I do believe. Everyone else chuckled a bit and Odd went on to say "Well, we're not out of the woods yet."

As for Mr. Dunbar, he didn't actually show up--he called the Principal asking about William. To show that it wasn't Jeremie this time, it actually showed Mr. Dunbar in his office. That blows my theory, but oh well, I'm fine with it.

That was an excellent episode, but one thing did annoy me about it. Where is Sissy?! She never appeared ONCE. She didn't even cameo!

I also agree about the outfits, though. They just came in with basically no notice. Now, if they had been referenced in a previous episode that would be one thing. However, they weren't even referenced at all in "William Returns." They simply appeared.

Anyway, I would also give it a nine. It's a very hilarious episode but it also has some more plot development. No way it deserves a ten, though. That's pushing it greatly.
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:59 am

Tyler the Kitsune wrote:You guys are so lucky. I don't get to see it until it shows on CN in a week. But from what I hear it sounds like a pretty good ep.

It's on CN video already don't you know. Unless you live not in USA...

But are you sure it's Xana brushing Yumi's cheek? She said William was pushing her into the sea and Xana is controlling his body or something..

William is somewhere in there. Jeremy keeps trying to find him, maybe he can't find him because he is already there because William is being controlled by Xana. And William is just in some kind of sleep..or..is trapped in the digital sea and Xana is hiding in and Jeremy can't find him-

BLAH. My brain is going ever direction...
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:30 pm

I like this one a lot better than the season intro. Maybe because we've hit that place where my expectations have been lowered enough once again, or maybe because it genuinely was a bit better. Nothing happened, but it happened in an interesting and well paced way. As usual Odd trying to be funny isn't (at least the others seem to be on board with that now~) but we find humor in the few well pace exchanges and idiosyncrasies. One of the coolest 2D action bits ever so far was Odd getting flung into Delmas and causing ragdoll physics. Aelita is overpowered, a trend I worry will only continue, nevertheless the wings are fun. William one shotting Ulrich was priceless. Ulrich needs to be taken down a peg or two (of course its not quite as fun if Aelita takes his place as 'overpowered member of the season, but hey, I'll take what I can get.) Battle was interesting on all fronts althought Yumi's parts were a bit forced and unnatural (where did that fan COME from?) She made up for that with CREAPY XANA FACE STROKING later, although I felt had she kept any of her wits about her, she could have just fallen on williams sword for a quick harmless devirtualizing. Overall I was entertained from start to finish, but like I said nothing happened, so the best it can get is an 8/10.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby DJAelitaHopper » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:20 pm

Tyler the Kitsune wrote:You guys are so lucky. I don't get to see it until it shows on CN in a week. But from what I hear it sounds like a pretty good ep.

same with me I only get to see it once a week now but its already started
Did you know: Aelita has been on Lyoko for almost her life. But since you can't age on lyoko, Aelita's Actual age should be around 20 and 24.
Aelita Rocks!!!! in my opinion......

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5294 ... ar1ju9.gif
DJAelitaHopper offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:20 pm

It was TOO FUNNY! I LOVED IT!

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby zex marquise » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Did anyone else notice that Aelita has green eyes on lyoko now? They are really noticeable now.

Edit: For all you poor saps who, like me, missed the airing of the episode and can't use CN Video because your stupid-MAC isn't compatible. CURSE YOU X.A.N.A.!!! I hate you so much!!! Double Take on Youtube If you're a 'tube n00b, cilck on 'more from this user' to see parts 2 and 3.
Last edited by zex marquise on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Good stuff. Was I the only one paying attention at the beginning when Jeremie said outright (twice) that he was upgrading the avatars, along with the reconstruction of Lyoko and everything else? Interesting that after they fended off the Jeremie clone, they then make another (William) clone. Nice to see the RTTP back in action too.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:22 pm

Awwww. ^_^

Guess XANA is attracted to anything feminine. (Hey, he was peeking on Sissi in Teddygodzilla). I can picture XANA doing that (the cheek-stroking) to Sissi too. ;) (I'm more of a XANAxSissi supporter though. OddxSissi and XANAxSissi, imagine that.)

Can someone give me screencaps of that scene?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby UltimaHedgie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Good stuff. Was I the only one paying attention at the beginning when Jeremie said outright (twice) that he was upgrading the avatars, along with the reconstruction of Lyoko and everything else? Interesting that after they fended off the Jeremie clone, they then make another (William) clone. Nice to see the RTTP back in action too.

Oh, I noticed it. My annoyance is that it seemingly came out of nowhere. Unless, of course, I missed his first reference of him stating that he was designing new outfits. I do recall him mentioning "I've almost completed your new equipment," but nothing about "I'm starting up on some new equipment."
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:40 pm

UltimaHedgie wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:Good stuff. Was I the only one paying attention at the beginning when Jeremie said outright (twice) that he was upgrading the avatars, along with the reconstruction of Lyoko and everything else? Interesting that after they fended off the Jeremie clone, they then make another (William) clone. Nice to see the RTTP back in action too.

Oh, I noticed it. My annoyance is that it seemingly came out of nowhere. Unless, of course, I missed his first reference of him stating that he was designing new outfits. I do recall him mentioning "I've almost completed your new equipment," but nothing about "I'm starting up on some new equipment."

He mentions that to Odd by the first minutes of the episode. IIRC, only Odd heard that.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby . » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:42 pm

zex marquise wrote:
Writing_Addict wrote:Jim and Ms.Hertz was a total classic. Though I didn't quite catch what she said after the clone through the ball.

Basically, she said he was more barbaric than the guys who destroyed the Library of Alexandria in ancient times.

Brains wrote:Yeah, XANA has a thing for Yumi. :/ Although I kind of think at least part of that was William. Ew. Gtfo.

Poor thing. I can see why she gave up men. :<

God, some jokes refuse to die. Heehee.

I do recall Jeremie said in an earlier episode something about making a digital clone of himself with an AI mind to go to Lyoko. It will probably be a smartarse Neo wannabe. All nerds subconsciously think there the shizzle. After all, his clone turned into a overconfident pimp, and it's AI was based off of a scan of Jeremie's mind. Poor Odd. He feels like an idiot in that cat suit. William has no style for fighting. He just swings his huge-freaking-Cloud-sword around like Darth Vader chopping down a tree. At least Ulrich has someone who can best him in battle for once. What was with his yellow power ranger outfit? With the duel katanas he reminds me of Cheetor, now.

What the hell fighting style do you want Will to do with that giant sword? You can only slash in two directions! Vertical and horizontal.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby yumi_yemimah » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:44 pm

I love the ep it was so cool.
I loved the new outfits.
Ulrich and odd looked HOT.
I mean hot in a good way
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:00 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:What the hell fighting style do you want Will to do with that giant sword? You can only slash in two directions! Vertical and horizontal.

As I have said before, Will's fighting style consists of four words: Crush everything that moves.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:45 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:What the hell fighting style do you want Will to do with that giant sword? You can only slash in two directions! Vertical and horizontal.

As I have said before, Will's fighting style consists of four words: Crush everything that moves.

*snickers*

Hack and slash kind of comes with the territory when one wields a Zanbatou. *is bricked*

If Ulrich can get the hang of his dual blades and get his agility in gear...he'd actually have a fair advantage over William (well...the floating and smoke powers not withstanding ^^; ).

It'd be like Rurouni Kenshin...where Kenshin battled Sanosuke...and schooled him. X) *is bricked again*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby UltimaHedgie » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 am

That actually is a point, though. Despite all of those artworks, trailers, and screenshots, I NEVER realized that Ulrich gains a second sword. I didn't notice it until I saw them in this episode.
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Naton » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Episodes so far have been pretty d*mn good, especially compared to expectations.
~Secretly Supporting Spambots~
Naton offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Reesane » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:17 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:

*snickers*

Hack and slash kind of comes with the territory when one wields a Zanbatou. *is bricked*

If Ulrich can get the hang of his dual blades and get his agility in gear...he'd actually have a fair advantage over William (well...the floating and smoke powers not withstanding ^^; ).

It'd be like Rurouni Kenshin...where Kenshin battled Sanosuke...and schooled him. X) *is bricked again*

*starts to get the sneeking suspicion that someone over at moonscope has played Silent Hill a bit too much.*
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby zex marquise » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:46 am

Zanbatou=huge-freaking-Cloud-sword? Well, I'm impressed.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:52 pm

zex marquise wrote:Zanbatou=huge-freaking-Cloud-sword? Well, I'm impressed.

If I remember correctly...-pulls from FE knowledge xDDD-

Zanbatou's a really big sword that was meant to slay horseriders since one strike of the sword could bring down both rider and horse. However, it was impratical to use because of its shear size and thus became one of those show weapons as opposed to a more used weapon...

OF COURSE, I could be completely wrong so feel free to smack me on the head if I am. xD

Double Take~!

So...how are they keeping this William clone working? Activating yet another tower? Good job guys.
You'd think by now that Jeremie learned some kind of self defense for when XANA attacks...
Why is Yumi falling into the Digital Sea....AGAIN?!
Aelita and Wings~! Someone's been working on her outfit...A lot...
Yumi's new outfit seems too....high tech for me. I liked her old one a lot 'cause it solidified her background...Oh well...
Double swords Ulrich? In case one falls out you can use the other?
Xaniliam and Yumi....I think we have just found a way to pair up Xaniliam with anyone from the gang~
The same vechiles? I was hoping for things that looked...cooler and more streamlined...Perhaps Jeremie'll work on those next?

YES I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SO...critical? mean? not satisfied? But yea, I liked it and all and will probably re watch it soon but those were the things that really stuck out to me. I mean, every episode has its good parts and they more or less flow into each other but bad parts really stick out in my mind...
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext