Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm

Season 4 Episode 2: Double Take

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Time to rank the episode. Pick a number.

10 - I'm not kidding, nothing that will be shown later gets better than this.
15%
9 - Brilliant episode! I'm proud of being a Code Lyoko fan. ^_^
28%
8 - Solid episode, I'm impressed with it.
26%
7 - This is a good episode.
17%
6 - Above the average, some parts are fun.
7%
5 - It's okay. Not good, not bad.
6%
4 - I'm dissapointed. Hope it gets better later or it's gonna be as bad as most of Nickelodeon's shows.
No votes
3 - Randy Orton sucks, but not as much as this episode.
No votes
2 - I thought the Barbie song from Aqua was crap, but this is worse.
2%
1 - This episode < Bag of s**t.
No votes
0 - Save yourself half an hour of your life. It ain't worth watching this at all.
No votes

Total votes : 54

Postby MY85 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:21 pm

Skippy ain't much of a fast flyer. If Skippy appears on Season 4, Aelita defeats it via two Energy Blasts.

I think once Skippy got hit in the Xana logo part with a Laser Arrow. I'm sure that Skippy might be an exception to the rule and require more hits to be destroyed.

Question would be what could Skippy do at Season 4? I don't see Skippy being of much use, except to be finally destroyed.
Last edited by MY85 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Ol' Skippy will be back. I'm sure of it. After playing such a huge role in the past two seasons, they can't just abandon him.

... or perhaps the fact that he's one of my two fav monsters has something to do with my opinion?

Whatever the reason, I believe that Aelita would do well against ol' skippy. The reason? She showed more speed and manuverability then Skippy has shown, except for short bursts of speed when he dodges energy fields.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:23 pm

Loved the episode. Loved the staff, loved the clones, and yes, loved XANA's hair adjustment.

I'm also glad to see that Jeremie is experimenting again; he really didn't try anything new in season three except for the Sector 5 virtualization program. Maybe recreating Lyoko has given him a confidence boost. He is getting better with the towers, too- though XANA has eventually taken control of the first three green towers (well, would have gotten the second if Franz hadn't intervened), it's taken XANA longer each time.

However, my favorite line wasn't in the episode at all:
ME WATCHING ULRICH VS XANAILLIAM: Why is it always Ulrich who ends up dueling William?
MY FOUR-YEAR-OLD-SISTER: Because he has swords.
Last edited by Tangent128 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby greenshoelaces » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:19 pm

I don't like William.....
he seems like a jerk....almost all of the time.....
What grade is he supposed to be in, I know Yumi is a year older than everyone else....?
"WOE TO DA TOFU COW!!!"
greenshoelaces offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TB3 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Tangent128 wrote:I'm also glad to see that Jeremie is experimenting again; he really didn't try anything new in season three except for the Sector 5 virtualization program. Maybe recreating Lyoko has given him a confidence boost. He is getting better with the towers, too- though XANA has eventually taken control of the first three green towers (well, would have gotten the second if Franz hadn't intervened), it's taken XANA longer each time.

The thing to remember about Jeremie now is that Lyoko is HIS domain, not XANAs - Xana no longer resides in the supercomputer and Jeremie personally reconstructed Lyoko - he now knows the coding inside out and knows the command codes he didn't before - evidenced by how he was able to reroute processing power from Sector 5 to the tower - THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED!

Never before has Jeremie been able to bend Lyoko to his will - this is a complete role reversal.

Prior to this, we've always seen the kids having to fight against Xana who has all the resources of the supercomputer at his disposal - now we're seeing it the other way round - Xana has to fight Jeremie just to control a tower...which is why he needs William - without that physical body to fight back, Xana would be as weak as Franz was in the finale of Season 2 - this also makes conflict between Xana and Jeremie a far more even fight...

'XANA has abdicated! Long live the King!"
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:07 pm

You make an excellent point, TB3.

I mean, he now has hereto unprecedented control of Lyoko, but one wonders if that power will stop at Lyoko's borders.

Will the Replikas run on the same OS as Lyoko? It stands to reason, since the kids are able to go there in the trailers.

My question really is, can Jeremie fight XANA on the new front? Or will XANA be his own god outside Lyoko once again?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:50 pm

If I were XANA, I'd be making "New Quantum Supercomputer" plans.

Maybe in Canada. That'd be ironic.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reesane » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:17 pm

Jeremie may now have the super computer, but XANA (theoreticly, at least) has the power of every computer that is conected to the internet......
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:50 pm

Yeah, but that means about half of him is running on Windows Vista! :nyeh!:
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Beikoku no rikugun » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:09 pm

This episode was Hilarious!!! I liked the part where the evil Jeremy clone fixed his hair...

Beikoku no rikugun offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:36 pm

"Jeremie, you are the wind beneath my wings". That is amazing. It's the thing that got me really interested in Code Lyoko in the first place. It would probably be much easier for Jeremie to just make her another flying vehicle. But no, for Aelita only angel wings will do.

By the way, do you realize Jeremie's the one who designed the outfits? That proves he has a fashion sense after all. He just chooses not to use it.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Dark William » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:39 am

great episode, and yeah William comes into action ^-^

to funny, whar Odd says, when he has locked Jeremy's clone

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:22 am

I saw a clip of this episode just now, and, having not watched any Season 4 in a while, I found the improvements in animation a breath of fresh air, even though all the stuff that didn't happen was still nagging at me. Like that weird caressing scene. Still dunno what was going on there.

But that wasn't what I came here to talk about. During the fight between Clone Jeremie and Jeremie, after Odd gets thrown out of the way, Clone Jeremie pauses during the battle...to fix his hair. I nearly fell out of my chair, twas that amazing.
Carth offline

Postby Dark William » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:42 pm

greenshoelaces wrote:I don't like William.....
he seems like a jerk....almost all of the time.....
What grade is he supposed to be in, I know Yumi is a year older than everyone else....?

He sits in the same grade as Yumi

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 pm

It was kinda sweet how Jim was congratulating Jeremie's clone. Wish it was the REAL Jerbear though.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dark William » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:32 pm

yeah indd.

a very funny scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2VtHyPGf4w

Also have I added some picks on my photobucket from Episode 67

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/ ... e%20Lyoko/

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous