Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am

Season 4 Episode 1: William Returns

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

William returns - and he brings with him...

...an utterly perfect episode! 10/10
27%
...the return of the awesome and win! 8/10
47%
...a 'Return of the Jedi' ep - neat but 'meh' 6/10
23%
...proof that Moonscoop ran out of good plots at 'The Key' 4/10
3%
...a waste of celluloid better used as firelighters 2/10
No votes
...the reason why we must march on Paris now and behead the heretics! 0/10
No votes

Total votes : 62

Postby Taelia » Wed May 23, 2007 8:36 pm

Wait a minute, they're restoring Lyoko! =O
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed May 23, 2007 8:40 pm

So many ideas...cannot make up my mind!

S4 is the last season in my oppinion. 4 seasons seems enough for me anyway...
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm

I believe the symbol-glowy theory, though. Somehow, the way the scene was constructed just did not set up the destruction of XANA. It happened too fast, without enough tension.

Most of my S4 fantasies are based around emotional self-gratification. It's the way my head works. Lots and lots and lots of XANAxYumi angst...
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Wed May 23, 2007 9:17 pm

I agree, Carth. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Wed May 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Carth wrote:I believe the symbol-glowy theory, though. Somehow, the way the scene was constructed just did not set up the destruction of XANA. It happened too fast, without enough tension.

Quoting now that there is stuff in between...

Symbol-glowy as in, Yumi striked it and revealed it? That I can agree with, maybe we need a more definite attack on it rather than just a light tap. Like I highly doubt if Ulrich just tapped a creature it would go splody.
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed May 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Taelia wrote:Hold up, hold up. I just realized something. What we have been lead to believe about CL getting the axe is only a rumor. It's not the truth.

If it WAS getting cancelled (100% chance it's not due to its runaway success), the VAs would have SAID something about it.

BUT THEY DIDN'T!!

So stop it already, everyone! :cussout:

Ummm...Taelia? The VAs aren't allowed to talk about MoonScoop's plans until they've been seen through because of their contracts...so technically, they wouldn't be able to tell us if this was the last season or not without special permission, just as they wouldn't be able to tell us about a new season in the works.

What's more, it was not a "rumor" that season 4 would be the last. It was Ms. Decroisette, a writer for Code Lyoko that said it in an official interview held at LyokoCode. I can re-link it up for you if you want, but I remember this since I translated it. Her near exact words were that season 4 would likely be the last season of Code Lyoko (at least with the present characters) and that any further seasons would depend on the popularity of season 4.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it did come from an official MoonScoop source. Sorry. ^^;

Sithking Zero wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:I liked the end credits, too. I mean, did anyone else look at that? It had the Waldo Schaffer (or whatever) file with all the pictures of Franz Hopper in it! This is significant... I can feel it in my bones...

Nothing new, really. Been seeing that since Season 2.

Will Waldo Schaffer show up on Season 4 finally? I have no idea.

I guess that's the question that everybody's asking these days... "Where's Waldo?" XD.

I can't tell you how much that made me laugh. :*D You get massive kudos for life. XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Wed May 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Gotcha, Mew. Sorry.

Wait, does that mean no more Odd, or Ulrich, or Yumi? ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Thu May 24, 2007 2:05 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Taelia wrote:Hold up, hold up. I just realized something. What we have been lead to believe about CL getting the axe is only a rumor. It's not the truth.

If it WAS getting cancelled (100% chance it's not due to its runaway success), the VAs would have SAID something about it.

BUT THEY DIDN'T!!

So stop it already, everyone! :cussout:

Ummm...Taelia? The VAs aren't allowed to talk about MoonScoop's plans until they've been seen through because of their contracts...so technically, they wouldn't be able to tell us if this was the last season or not without special permission, just as they wouldn't be able to tell us about a new season in the works.

What's more, it was not a "rumor" that season 4 would be the last. It was Ms. Decroisette, a writer for Code Lyoko that said it in an official interview held at LyokoCode. I can re-link it up for you if you want, but I remember this since I translated it. Her near exact words were that season 4 would likely be the last season of Code Lyoko (at least with the present characters) and that any further seasons would depend on the popularity of season 4.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it did come from an official MoonScoop source. Sorry. ^^;

All right, so we can safely assume that S4 will be the last one, meaning that the wriers should have an idea on how it's ending if it indeed is the end. Of course, they can always come up with someone to pull out of their hat if they want to continue CL.

With that said, let's just assume S4 is the final season, how do you guys think things will resolve given the scenes we see in the opening?
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu May 24, 2007 3:44 pm

The reason why the kids banded together in the first place was to stop XANA...but it doesn't end there. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu May 24, 2007 7:13 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:I liked the end credits, too. I mean, did anyone else look at that? It had the Waldo Schaffer (or whatever) file with all the pictures of Franz Hopper in it! This is significant... I can feel it in my bones...

I guess that's the question that everybody's asking these days... "Where's Waldo?" XD.

I can't tell you how much that made me laugh. :*D You get massive kudos for life. XD

SWEET!!! I have Kudos!

I do have a theory, however. I think that "Waldo Schaffer," might be a code name for the project. It might not even be a real person, because (as we all remember) Project Carthage and all details about it are top secret. Perhaps, in order to more maintain a level of secrecy, people involved might refer to it as "Working for Waldo?"
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu May 24, 2007 10:39 pm

I don't buy Sophie's claim. It's unsubstantiated - there's no evidence to back it up! :cussout:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Thu May 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Taelia wrote:I don't buy Sophie's claim. It's unsubstantiated - there's no evidence to back it up! :cussout:

What are we talking about now?

And yes, I'm well aware that they banded together to stop XANA. If XANA is finished in S4, then there really is nothing else from them to do unless it's like, They discovered an even more evil being controlling the net. With XANA out of the way, this new being decided to step up and finish things himself. (Yes, total Digimon Adventures rip off) The only good thing they might do is XANA coming into the real world with his own physical form (Yes, again another Digi Adven. ripoff)

To me, it seems if CL still wants to be original and not start taking plotlines from others, S4 most likely should be the last season...But that's just my opinion...

-Doubt & Trust, access

Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu May 24, 2007 11:02 pm

Okay, shutting up now...
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:06 am

Taelia wrote:I don't buy Sophie's claim. It's unsubstantiated - there's no evidence to back it up! :cussout:

She works for MoonScoop and she gave this information out during an exclusive interview with the webmasters at LyokoCode (which she's done a couple times over the seasons)? How much more substantiated could one be? ^^;

And even so, she also said that so far as she knew, season 4 would be the last, <b>unless</b> the popularity/success of season 4 did something to change their minds and create a 5th season. However, the 5th season would likely have new characters as the 4th season is said to wrap up the current characters' storylines.

Sithking Zero wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:

SWEET!!! I have Kudos!

I do have a theory, however. I think that "Waldo Schaffer," might be a code name for the project. It might not even be a real person, because (as we all remember) Project Carthage and all details about it are top secret. Perhaps, in order to more maintain a level of secrecy, people involved might refer to it as "Working for Waldo?"

XD

Ooo, I like that idea. It would explain why pictures of all of the members of the project are in "Waldo's" file. *nods* :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Fri May 25, 2007 12:57 am

That actually makes alot of sense though.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri May 25, 2007 5:19 am

Okay then, wherew's Sophie's evidence?

Wait, wait, wait, wait. So are you saying that all the characters that we love will be gone by the fourth season? WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE VOICE ACTORS' JOBS?! =O
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:41 am

Taelia, calm DOWN already. Sophie doesn't need evidence; she's the head writer.

Mewberries151 wrote: However, the 5th season would likely have new characters as the 4th season is said to wrap up the current characters' storylines.

Now that could be dangerous. Plot-wise, it's always been about XANA and Aelita and how the other four dealt with that mess (on minimal info, at that). A complety new story would be very painful, because it just wouldn't be CL.

If they just added new characters onto the existing ones and did the show effectively through their eyes, that might work. But there would have to be enough of the last 4 seasons still around for the show to seem familiar.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:52 pm

Cassius335 wrote:A complety new story would be very painful, because it just wouldn't be CL.

Agreed. It would suck for Code Lyoko to go through the Power Rangers route.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Rail Runner » Fri May 25, 2007 4:37 pm

I think it could be successful...they would just have to be very careful in how they implement the features...but we will have to wait and see if there even is a 5th season.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri May 25, 2007 4:53 pm

I was worried that she meant that the existing characters would be completely replaced.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:12 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Taelia, calm DOWN already. Sophie doesn't need evidence; she's the head writer.

^^; Thank you. That's more or less it, Taelia. She works for MoonScoop and she writes for CL. Case closed. *sweatdrops*

Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote: However, the 5th season would likely have new characters as the 4th season is said to wrap up the current characters' storylines.

Now that could be dangerous. Plot-wise, it's always been about XANA and Aelita and how the other four dealt with that mess (on minimal info, at that). A complety new story would be very painful, because it just wouldn't be CL.

If they just added new characters onto the existing ones and did the show effectively through their eyes, that might work. But there would have to be enough of the last 4 seasons still around for the show to seem familiar.

That's my concern. It sounds like a sort of "Yu-Gi-Oh GX" kind of idea...and that just doesn't work, so far as I'm concerned. After all, these characters have been around since "Garage Kids"...it'd be really hard to create characters with the same amount of depth, variation, and "ability to relate to" without getting caught in the "knock-off" or "stereotype" webs. ^^;

I'm not saying it couldn't be done, because it could, especially if the writers are talented and clever about it (which I'm sure they are). It'd just be exceedingly difficult. *nods*

Taelia wrote:Wait, wait, wait, wait. So are you saying that all the characters that we love will be gone by the fourth season? WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE VOICE ACTORS' JOBS?! =O

...They could always voice the new characters with new voices? They do it all the time for the extras and secondary characters after all. ^_^

*sweatdrops* And just so I or anyone else who needs it can refer to it, here's a link to the translation I did of Ms. Decroisette's original interview.

And here's a link to the interview itself.

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:54 pm

It's interesting Rodri brings up Rangers (if you ignore the fact he often does), because it does have examples of cast replacement (for example: exit Jason, Zack and Trini; enter Rocky Adam and Aisha). It wasn't until Lost Galaxy that the cast started changing completely.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:24 pm

Ah, the Rangers example was the first big reference of a good show that due to unnecesary extension began to suck... I despised PR-Turbo, but the PR after Turbo... that's when the cast drastically begins to change and it all went to hell.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby . » Fri May 25, 2007 11:39 pm

Yeah new characters would suck. Thats why Digimon went stale after the 2nd season.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat May 26, 2007 12:35 am

Episode 97? No way! That's not right! :cussout: tHEY CAN'T DO THAT! They're !@!#@!@!~ nuts! How can it end if the show is popular?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext