Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

Season 4 Episode 1: William Returns

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

William returns - and he brings with him...

...an utterly perfect episode! 10/10
27%
...the return of the awesome and win! 8/10
47%
...a 'Return of the Jedi' ep - neat but 'meh' 6/10
23%
...proof that Moonscoop ran out of good plots at 'The Key' 4/10
3%
...a waste of celluloid better used as firelighters 2/10
No votes
...the reason why we must march on Paris now and behead the heretics! 0/10
No votes

Total votes : 62

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:56 am

Taelia wrote:Episode 97? No way! That's not right! :cussout: tHEY CAN'T DO THAT! They're !@!#@!@!~ nuts! How can it end if the show is popular?

^^; Taelia...please please please calm down...just a smidge? Thanks. ^_^

It's called "ending on a high note". You end the show when it's still relatively popular, but with a satisfying and all encompassing episode that ties up most, if not all, of the loose ends of the plot. That way, the fans are satisfied plot-wise (with some spare room for fanfiction and fanart ideas left), and the show doesn't suffer from a loss of following or viewership due to further seasons being cranked out that are either poor quality or un-related to the original plot of the show (ie. Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh GX, etc.)

Everybody Loves Raymond did it. They gave the fans one last season, and a good one, and then ended the show. The reruns are still fresh, the show is still well-loved, and it's become an overall television success in most senses of the word. *nods*

Kim Possible is another good example. True, the fans fought hard for a 4th season because the show was so popular, and didn't deserve to be cut at just 65 episodes. However, the creators have decided to make the 4th season, the last season, because they want the show to end on a high note and also leave some things for the fans to explore on their own. (The creators have said that where Kim and Ron go to college and what happens beyond, for example, will not be explored further, so that's left for the fans to decide).

It's not an uncommon practice in the industry, particularly when one has smart writers and smart creators, producers and directors. *nods*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat May 26, 2007 5:19 am

However, my mom told me last night that it may just be a rumor. CL has actually been doing rather well lately, given the circumstances of merchandise sales and overall ratings. Ending the show would surely leave we fans in an outrage for more seasons.

NORMALLY, shows are cancelled due to LOW ratings, not high.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:57 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:Ah, the Rangers example was the first big reference of a good show that due to unnecesary extension began to suck... I despised PR-Turbo, but the PR after Turbo... that's when the cast drastically begins to change and it all went to hell.

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Yeah new characters would suck. Thats why Digimon went stale after the 2nd season.

Hmm. You two are great examples of my point: Some people won't give later seasons a chance because they despise too much change and don't give the new stuff a chance because it's too different.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat May 26, 2007 8:10 pm

Taelia wrote:However, my mom told me last night that it may just be a rumor. CL has actually been doing rather well lately, given the circumstances of merchandise sales and overall ratings. Ending the show would surely leave we fans in an outrage for more seasons.

NORMALLY, shows are cancelled due to LOW ratings, not high.

*sigh* Please read my other post first and then this one, Taelia.

Yes a lot of shows are cancelled due to low ratings, but smart creative teams end their shows on a "high note", that idea I mentioned in my other post.

Now which would you prefer for CL? For it to end on a high note, with everyone happy and a satisfying ending given for all, or when its ratings have sunk to the bottom and during the middle of a plotline?

Granted those are only 2 of several possible scenarios but they represent the extremes pretty decently.

At any rate, like I said, some creative teams choose to end their series when they're still popular so that they're still as well-loved and good as when they were still airing new episodes. It's a creative decision.

And as for "fans being in an outrage over new seasons"...that would remain to be seen. Now if season 4 did a lousy job of tying up loose ends, or ended on a really bad note or something, I could see how that would happen. However...if it ended with Jeremie and Aelita getting together, Ulrich and Yumi finally 'fessing up and Odd finding...someone. XD Preferably Sam *ducks tomatoes* and XANA getting his tush kicked to the curb once and for all...would it be so bad to end on that note?

Granted we wouldn't know what Ulrich and Yumi's wedding would be like or what Jeremie and Aelita would name their kids or something like that, but we'd be free to explore that in fanart and fanfiction.

So again, I ask...would ending on a supposed "high note" as has been projected and as I suggested above...be a horrible outrage?

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Sat May 26, 2007 8:34 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:However...if it ended with Jeremie and Aelita getting together, Ulrich and Yumi finally 'fessing up and Odd finding...someone. XD Preferably Sam *ducks tomatoes* and XANA getting his tush kicked to the curb once and for all...would it be so bad to end on that note?

It's be a bit too perfect if all of that happened. XANA being defeated is a no-brainer, though.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:00 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:However...if it ended with Jeremie and Aelita getting together, Ulrich and Yumi finally 'fessing up and Odd finding...someone. XD Preferably Sam *ducks tomatoes* and XANA getting his tush kicked to the curb once and for all...would it be so bad to end on that note?

It's be a bit too perfect if all of that happened. XANA being defeated is a no-brainer, though.

XDXD True, I was exaggerating a little bit (particularly about the "Sam" bit *snickers*). That would be one "extremely perfect" episode, to be sure, and in a sense unlikely, but Ms. Decroisette has said that the ending will be a "happy" one. So at least that's something. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Writing_Addict » Sun May 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:

XDXD True, I was exaggerating a little bit (particularly about the "Sam" bit *snickers*). That would be one "extremely perfect" episode, to be sure, and in a sense unlikely, but Ms. Decroisette has said that the ending will be a "happy" one. So at least that's something. ^_^

Yay, I won't cry like I have on stories and movies I've watched in the past two days. ^^;
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:22 pm

Do you think it might be someting totally unexpected, like, Ulrich and Yumi don't end up together, or something along the lines of that? (I sure hope that doesn't happen.)
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:32 pm

I'd almost bet money Franz Hopper is screwed. Way too many repercussions if he came back.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:09 pm

Cassius335 wrote:I'd almost bet money Franz Hopper is screwed. Way too many repercussions if he came back.

But this is a kid's show, somehow he will be brought back in one piece. *shrugs*
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Odddellarobbia12 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:34 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:I'd almost bet money Franz Hopper is screwed. Way too many repercussions if he came back.

But this is a kid's show, somehow he will be brought back in one piece. *shrugs*

Many may not want him to be brought but he will be way or another. They already managed to bring lyoko back didn't they and that only took a week. and Xana managed to bring William back from the digital sea in less than a day.So Franz's return wouldn't be out of the question
Odddellarobbia12 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:49 pm

Well, as important as he is to the plot, he's not actually a major character, so he's pretty expendable.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odddellarobbia12 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:55 pm

Yeah I guess but is any character truely expendable in a kids show?
The best I think they could do in this area is never mention him again.
Any solid mention of Franz's death would tie up the plotline thats why they have left it wide open. Jeremy and Aelita both have different explainations for what happened to him after lyoko's destruction and they haven't proved anything
Odddellarobbia12 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:12 am

Odddellarobbia12 wrote:Yeah I guess but is any character truely expendable in a kids show?

Two words: Ferro Lad.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Tue May 29, 2007 12:04 am

Cassius335 wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:Ah, the Rangers example was the first big reference of a good show that due to unnecesary extension began to suck... I despised PR-Turbo, but the PR after Turbo... that's when the cast drastically begins to change and it all went to hell.

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Yeah new characters would suck. Thats why Digimon went stale after the 2nd season.

Hmm. You two are great examples of my point: Some people won't give later seasons a chance because they despise too much change and don't give the new stuff a chance because it's too different.

Non. I gave the 3rd season a chance I really did, but I had no connection to any character and the whole fusion thing didn't click with me. The changed everything so much it wasn't anything at all like the orignal IP. Sort of like how Beast Wars was freaking godly, but Beast Machines sucked. They changed the IP to much that it was like watching a completly different show... And mostly I just got annoyed at how drastically Optimus Primal became such a d*mn hippy and Megatron wasn't that evil anymore.

It doesn't matter how much chance I would of given it, it still would of sucked compared to the orignal... Plus I'm still pissed that we never found out which one (Davis Or TK) Kari choose to be with. Bleh.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:35 am

To Cassius: As for how Power Rangers went after Turbo, the only new PR I gave a shot was Dino Thunder... weirdly enough I was zapping through the tv and I saw Tommy there. Markout moment for me and Tommy alone got me watching such show. It wasn't a good show, but it wasn't that crappy as I expected it to be. Sometimes, it had decent episodes while they had also bad episodes.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby . » Tue May 29, 2007 7:57 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:To Cassius: As for how Power Rangers went after Turbo, the only new PR I gave a shot was Dino Thunder... weirdly enough I was zapping through the tv and I saw Tommy there. Markout moment for me and Tommy alone got me watching such show. It wasn't a good show, but it wasn't that crappy as I expected it to be. Sometimes, it had decent episodes while they had also bad episodes.

guilty pleasure: I loved Turbo right until the end, and loved Space even more... but then I dropped out of favor with the powerrangers with Lost Galaxy.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:36 am

What Cl back .Oh :cussout2: I must of been so busy to forget about it.Well watch it and wow alot has changed the intro is so must cool and I like how there have got all the season's in one intro.and the makers have still got a lot idea's I see .I like it but it still needs work.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:27 pm

OMG, I've got great news!! I was checking the CL schedule on CN, and the next episode is called "Double Take!! :D
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Taelia » Wed May 30, 2007 8:08 pm

Can't this season get any more weirder? O.o
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 pm

Given we haven't gotten to Ep 2 (of 30) yet, that's a fairly strange question!
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed May 30, 2007 9:34 pm

Let's just hope that we can change their minds about cancelling the show. AT LEAST merit a fifth season like Teen Titans did!

Too many good shows are kicking the bucket nowadays.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odddellarobbia12 » Wed May 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Taelia wrote:Let's just hope that we can change their minds about cancelling the show. AT LEAST merit a fifth season like Teen Titans did!

Too many good shows are kicking the bucket nowadays.

Wasn't there a conversation about this before........
Well its almost time to make a new thread for Double Take

Remember this is a thread about William Returns and thats what I want to talk about.
Odddellarobbia12 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Wed May 30, 2007 9:54 pm

Yea seriously, we should be talking bout WR here and nothing else...

I wonder....How did they ever explain William's suddence reappearance again...?
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Odddellarobbia12 » Wed May 30, 2007 10:04 pm

I don't think they did yet. It would be interesting to see what happens. Especially the fact that he may not come back again. and this time I don't think a voice changing computer program will be able to save the day.
Odddellarobbia12 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext