Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Season 3 Episode 13: Final Round (Last Round in French)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rank it up!!

Best Season Finale ever!! 10/10
28%
Best Season Finale ever!! 10/10
28%
Holy s**t! Holy s**t! Holy s**t! Holy s**t! 9/10
17%
This episode was just like William on Lyoko, he was tight, yo! 8/10
4%
It was really good for being the Season Finale, but it could have been better. 7/10
14%
Just slightly above the average. 6/10
No votes
It was just okay. Come on, there was better episodes than this. 5/10
3%
No more Lyoko!! :( 4/10
No votes
Dissapointing. 3/10
1%
Really bad enough to consider if it should have a 4th Season or not. 2/10
1%
Ripoff! Ripoff! Ripoff! Ripoff! 1/10
1%
F**k you Moonscoop! 0/10
2%

Total votes : 93

Postby Boss Tamsy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:33 pm

Simply stated,HOLY S***!Well, letting will into the team has proved a huge mistake, and yet again, Franz has narrowly avoided self destruction. I hope that Lyoko going bye-bye didn't frag RTTP, or else yumi and Ulrich are gonna be in a boatload of trouble with their parents.
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:37 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now you already know that Franz Hopper can create ghosts just like Xana and can possess people (an example was in the episode "Contact"). But what if Franz Hopper were to take control of the Scyphozoa (Franz Hopper can control Xana's creatures which was shown with the controlled Flying Mantas in the episode "The Key" which were glowing white) and have the white glowing Scyphozoa capture the Xana possessed William and infect William (in a good way) which would return William back to normal (and perhaps also give him Franz Hopper's power as the Franzified Scyphozoa would be giving William a dose of Franz's power in order to return William back to normal). Then the color of William's aura would be replaced with the color of Franz Hopper's (white). Or maybe, William's aura would just become brighter as the color white combined with any color would make that color brighter.

But I do have another question which is that if Xana were to possess someone on Earth and Franz Hopper sends his ghost to possess that person (who is already possessed by Xana's ghost), would Franz Hopper's ghost overcome Xana's ghost, or would there be some sort of conflict of the two ghosts within this person?

I think the question there is, could Franz Hopper do that from the internet?
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FormicaArchonis » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:40 pm

Tekirai wrote:I still think that William was too cocky when he was on Lyoko. He treated it like it wasn't serious at all. Although he didn't deserve to be targeted. (Even if he is a klutz...)

Maybe it'll be like James the Lesser's fanfic series- he lives on Lyoko in some area that still exists, unable to come back until Jer can fix it. In the meantime, he gets targeted by XANA a lot. Flickering between 'dead' and 'not dead'.

Schrödinger's kid?
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:58 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:But I do have another question which is that if Xana were to possess someone on Earth and Franz Hopper sends his ghost to possess that person (who is already possessed by Xana's ghost), would Franz Hopper's ghost overcome Xana's ghost, or would there be some sort of conflict of the two ghosts within this person?

Good question. Might be fun finding out...

FormicaArchonis wrote:Schrödinger's kid?

:*D

That needs to be an ep title somewhere...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:20 pm

Maybe an alternate title for "Frontier" *snickers* Or "Nobody in Particular".
(Banner by Mew)

| DeviantArt |

Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stargate » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:23 pm

CBIzumi wrote:
Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now you already know that Franz Hopper can create ghosts just like Xana and can possess people (an example was in the episode "Contact"). But what if Franz Hopper were to take control of the Scyphozoa (Franz Hopper can control Xana's creatures which was shown with the controlled Flying Mantas in the episode "The Key" which were glowing white) and have the white glowing Scyphozoa capture the Xana possessed William and infect William (in a good way) which would return William back to normal (and perhaps also give him Franz Hopper's power as the Franzified Scyphozoa would be giving William a dose of Franz's power in order to return William back to normal). Then the color of William's aura would be replaced with the color of Franz Hopper's (white). Or maybe, William's aura would just become brighter as the color white combined with any color would make that color brighter.

But I do have another question which is that if Xana were to possess someone on Earth and Franz Hopper sends his ghost to possess that person (who is already possessed by Xana's ghost), would Franz Hopper's ghost overcome Xana's ghost, or would there be some sort of conflict of the two ghosts within this person?

I think the question there is, could Franz Hopper do that from the internet?

That's what I'm wondering... I guess we'll have to wait until season 4.
*Credit for avatar goes to CBIzumi.

I am Image

Join The 'Save AmDrag' Campaign!
Official Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/svamdrag/petition.html
Stargate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Astro-Xana » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:49 pm

That would then get to be interesting because Franz could possess multiple people like Xana and there could be one possessed mob of people which are good (possessed by Franz Hopper) and another possessed mob of people which are evil (possessed by Xana). Then these two mobs can battle one another. Franz Hopper's mob would be able to shoot white electricity which would zap Xana's mob and Franzify them while Xana's mob would be able to shoot red electricity which would Xanify Franz Hopper's mob!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:59 pm

Don't be so sure. Are multiple posessions even possible with no towers left (and XANA now merged Willam)? Also, while we've seen XANA do it, I wouldn't have thought Franz, not being a Muti Agent System, would be capable of possessing mutliple people...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:40 pm

I dunno, but is this the one where William got virtualized, possessed by Xana, and destroyed Lyoko? And then they got a message from Franz? I saw part of that one the other day...
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blueyedblonde » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:55 pm

Jerfied wrote:I dunno, but is this the one where William got virtualized, possessed by Xana, and destroyed Lyoko? And then they got a message from Franz? I saw part of that one the other day...

Yea, that's about it. ;)
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Reesane » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:19 pm

D'oh! :banghead:

We forgot to update William's cherector profile!
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Astro-Xana » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:25 pm

Ok, you already know at the end of this episode Xana William was floating in nothing but empty space. Therefore, do you think that he will create his own dark world in place of Lyoko now that it has been destroyed? This world would be a challenge like no other to Team Lyoko as they will have to battle in this new world and the highly advanced monsters (shadow demons) there and also have Aelita deactivate towers in this world (which glow a purple aura instead of red because recall that Xana's aura has changed once he possessed William).

Now I said before that maybe Lyoko will be recreated within the Internet. And you already know that project Carthage is a military project that was designed to disrupt/block enemy communications. Therefore, Lyoko being recreated within the Internet will be a very good idea as that will block Xana (the enemy) from infecting the Internet! But Lyoko will have to be recreated within the Internet before Xana creates his own world, otherwise there will be a huge problem!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:51 pm

Cassius335 wrote:*applauds* Nice post, Mew

:blush: Thanks muchly! ^^

CBIzumi wrote:
CBIzumi wrote:Actually, I noticed that too. Like I remarked to a friend at the time, "It looks like XANA's control isn't complete." And that remains my going theory, that that was the last spark of William as he was.

Of course I'm probably wrong, but it's only a theory...
"Moment of silence aaaannnddd...moment's over. ATTTAAAAACK!!!"

ROFL!!! Omigosh...XANA developing a sense of sarcastic humor because of his fusion with William in season 4...that would be glorious!!! XD Just think of how snarky he could be (considering how snarky he already was in "Double Trouble". It'd be hilarious...and evil. X)

In any case, I also noticed this odd expression of emotion, (and a slightly more subtle one right after Yumi tells him she knew he couldn't be trusted).

...I would think that that was some final vestige of William. The CG artists for CL really put a lot of effort into rendering emotions in these characters while in Lyoko, so I can't imagine that that was just a pointless expression.

Considering that Scyphozoa had never attempted to possess someone that hadn't been connected with Lyoko and XANA beforehand (aka. Aelita)...it might have been possible that XANA didn't have a full grip on William's thoughts at the very least and William was aware of what he was doing, but powerless to stop it.

This could make for some amazingly interesting plot dynamics for season 4. I mean, say XANA-William retains some of his real world memories and a select few of the ones pertaining to Lyoko, but all twisted and garbled to XANA's advantage, particularly if he should happen to remember Yumi's last words to him in Sector 5 (not to mention his relationship in regards to her and Ulrich). It could make for some interesting angst/revenge themes in season 4...particularly when one considers William's words in "The Secret": "I never forget...and I can really hold a grudge."

O.o

animenologist wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Incidentally, I believe it was PepsiPiper who said that William's sword is based off of an actual, existing weapon. This is absolutely correct (same as can be applied to Cloud's sword, albeit with some futuristic modifications).

William's sword is based off of a design for a Japanese sword called a "Zanbatou" (which, as the PepsiPiper said, can be seen in use in the anime, "Rurouni Kenshin"). The Zanbatou was designed to be used in combat to slay horse and rider in one fell swing. However, because of it's great weight and height, only a few could really wield it effectively, and I believe it went into disuse as easier, more economical solutions presented themselves.

So, it is true that it's an actual weapon (not an FF knock-off...at least not historically speaking, since they stole it from the same place ^^ ). Now if he'd had a "Gun Blade"...or a very long katana by the name of "Masamune"...then it'd be "stealing" but otherwise. X)

Again, there is no such thing as a "Zanbatou" as depicted in Rurouni Kenshin to historically been regularly used in battle. The zanbatou as depicted in Rurouni Kenshi, would be unweildable due to its large weight. If the guy managed to pick it up and swing it to hit something, the large blade on a wooden handle would cause it to break at the fulcrum between the hilt and the blade itself. The only thing close to a zanbatou in eastern history would probably be the Chinese Zhanmadao, which was used as an anti-cavalry weapon, but the blade it self was about 4 ft, not exactcly Zanbatou size. For a western equivalent, you'd probably find a Zweihander which is in a class of sword called the great swords and mostly used to combat stationary pikeman. It weighs about 8 lbs for a battle-ready sword, and that is heavy enough that some people get paid extra if they wield it, since its so heavy and tiring. If European soldiers can barely handle a 8 lb sword, don't see Japanese soldiers using a blade that looks like it could be over 100 lbs. Again, Rurouni Kenshin is not a historically accurate martial arts documentary and a Zanbatou used as a battlefield weapon does not historically exist.

Heh, my apologies there. I missed that post of yours.

Incidentally, I have seen metal "recreations" of Cloud's sword(s) (and Sanosuke's too) sold at anime conventions and , so one could argue that the sword exists now, but true, it didn't exist back in the Meiji, it seems.

However, at any rate, William is not the only character to have a Zanbatou-like (or Cloud-style) weapon (so originality isn't really an issue here). Along with Cloud and Sanosuke, Zabuza (I know I've spelled that wrong) from Naruto also wields a Zanbatou-type weapon (which makes for an interesting character parallel there too ^^ ). There's a few others...but I can't think of them at the moment. ^^

I'm curious to see what his "power/ability" will be...they didn't really give an indication of one in "Final Round", and that new concept art from Gobelins seems to point in the direction of energy waves (somewhat like the XANA-bolts possessed victims can shoot in real world attacks).
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:28 am

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:and also have Aelita deactivate towers in this world (which glow a purple aura instead of red because recall that Xana's aura has changed once he possessed William).

Why would XANA make towers that Aelita could deactivate?
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby fenrir » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:06 am

freakin god

fenrir offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:43 am

How will the gang devirtalize Franz?
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:44 am

Well....they still have the supercompter...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:46 am

True, very true.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:27 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:Well....they still have the supercompter...

And do what with it? As far as I'm concerned with Lyoko gone the SC is kind of useless. But then again I could be wrong, they still might have to use it for....something...

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ghost Guest » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:52 pm

Well they can still use it to watch tv :)
But really if they’re going to the Internet, they need the supercomputer, right?
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:54 pm

Well, the supercomputer runs the scanners, right? One could assume that Jeremie could rewrite the scanning protocol to send them into the internet instead of into Lyoko, or the void that Lyoko used to take up.

As far as devirtualizing Franz... Jeremie is more or less in contact with him, right? Maybe something related to that is in the e-mail Franz Hopper sent at the end of the episode.
(Banner by Mew)

| DeviantArt |

Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:49 pm

I'm thinking Franz and Jeremy have more contact than before. Because I'm not so sure but Franz is...somewhere in Lyoko. Well he was....and now that he's in the internet it shouldn't be that hard.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:52 pm

Yeah. Even if Franz ultimately can't be msaterialised, he can still e-mail people.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:58 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Yeah. Even if Franz ultimately can't be msaterialised, he can still e-mail people.

... wouldn't that be bad? xD;;

Jeremie: *checks email*

'FrzHop Fwd: HELP ME Sat Oct 28'
'FrzHop Fwd: PLZ Sat Oct 28'
'FrzHop Fwd: *dead* Sun Oct 29'

Shyeah. Anyway.

Wouldn't the supercomputer still be working, though? It was just Lyoko that vanished, unless it WAS the computer...
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:01 pm

Depends how much of the software Lyoko was, I guess.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext