Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

Season 3 Episode 13: Final Round (Last Round in French)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rank it up!!

Best Season Finale ever!! 10/10
28%
Best Season Finale ever!! 10/10
28%
Holy s**t! Holy s**t! Holy s**t! Holy s**t! 9/10
17%
This episode was just like William on Lyoko, he was tight, yo! 8/10
4%
It was really good for being the Season Finale, but it could have been better. 7/10
14%
Just slightly above the average. 6/10
No votes
It was just okay. Come on, there was better episodes than this. 5/10
3%
No more Lyoko!! :( 4/10
No votes
Dissapointing. 3/10
1%
Really bad enough to consider if it should have a 4th Season or not. 2/10
1%
Ripoff! Ripoff! Ripoff! Ripoff! 1/10
1%
F**k you Moonscoop! 0/10
2%

Total votes : 93

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:02 pm

I got the impression that Lyoko was a control system to some, if not all, of the computer's other functions. Obviously Franz intended to be able to run the thing from Lyoko afterall. How much, exactly, was lost? Only the powers that be can answer that (or TB3 could have yet another brainwave that I'd accept as near canon.)
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:51 pm

Vora wrote:
LucyMcGonagle wrote:Well....they still have the supercompter...

And do what with it? As far as I'm concerned with Lyoko gone the SC is kind of useless. But then again I could be wrong, they still might have to use it for....something...
OK, lets take a big trip back to the beginning of Season 2.

In the episode "A Great Day" Jeremie said that with every RTTP, which the Supercomputer had the power to do, the computer doubles its capabilities (quantum stuff, hurray for physics!). So presuming that the RTTP program is not destroyed with the Lyoko programs, since it is run as a separate program, if the gang does repeated RTTPs, then the computer will become so powerful that the gang will be able to do a whole lot with it. A whole lot.

Now that XANA is gone, the computer is soley in the power of the Lyoko gang. Can't they use this amazing piece of technology to their advantage now?

This concept has gone under the radar for a while. So the questions are 1. Does the SC still have RTTP capabilities? and
2. If they do, where will the RTTP send them? What happened to the RTTP in the last few episodes?

Please speak up if I missed something about this... I am very confused.

Edit: Also, if Franz Hopper created Lyoko, he should be able to create somethin else to counter Xana by using the much more powerful supercomputer. This is provided that Franz gets out of the Internet and into the real world...
Formerly "To the infirmary!"

You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?
2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby iambob » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:54 pm

I say the key is better
Image (Mutters under his breath) I hate you.
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:03 pm

iambob wrote:I say the key is better

"The Key" the episode? Yes and No.

It's possible they could use the SC for other things now, but I wonder....if Lyoko's gone the SC shouldn't be useless now. I mean, they could use it for the internet....*get's ideas all at once*

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:07 pm

Jeremie and others could program this God-awesome computer to do something. Just because Lyoko is gone does not mean the supercomputer is...

2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:11 pm

Yes I am going with that theory. But I'm still wanting to know about Mother dearest. Aelita has all this talk about Daddy and what about Mommy?

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:10 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:I'd like to point out William is stronger than any of the other lyoko warriors, taking them each down WITH ONE HIT!

And you see this is all Yumi's fault. Had she let him in earlier this may of been prevented. It's all her fault :P

Umm....They all can take each other out with one hit....

How else do you explain them materilizing each other with one hit when Jeremie can't do it himself

Or the time when Yumi was falling into the Digital Sea and Aelita shot her

Or when Yumi's fans killed Aelita before she entered the tower?

I'm going to have to side with Mew on this. This definilty is not all (if any at all) Yumi's fault. It wasn't because of his lack of experience that got him XANA-ifed but his arrogance and ignorance. I'm sure all my possible points have been stated at least 3 times in this thread somewhere, so to make life easier for everybody (and so you guys don't have to read again and again these same reasons...) I won't mention them again.

Watching this episode though gave me an idea...What if it was Sissi that was in William's place (different weapon hopefully). I think if we use this episode as grounds of weather Sissi or William would've been better. I say Sissi would've been a much better choice. Ignoring for the moment, all the past faults and strengths each had and looking here...

William: Charged right-in, was not serious at all, ignorant, arogant/conceited ("Look it isn't even moving. It must be scared of me.) When Jeremie and Aelita told him to run he didn't and in the end got possessed and took out Lyoko

Sissi (what might/could've happened): Listen to the gang's advice, stay back and help when she could. Most likely ask for advice while in Carthage, run when Jeremie and Aelita told her too. (Assuming these things since I doubt Sissi would've had William's attitude)

Comparing the two, don't you think Sissi would've been a much better option?

But in William's defense (or maybe not...I'm not sure yet....) Let's add back all past faults and strengths....

William:

(-): Stalking Yumi, blurting about XANA at the pool, having a grude with Ulrich
(+): He defused the detonator, he did get Yumi out from the pool, an excellent fighter on Earth,

Sissi:

(-): Blabed about Lyoko in XANA Awakens, constantly annoying the gang
(+): Connection with the principal, she does know some fighting, quick short first-aid stuff

This one is quite hard....

Both of them have helped the gang in some ways...

William defused the detonator. Although it's not an ordinary skill, it did safe their lives that one time.
Sissi helped Ulrich with his broken arm. While that is helpful, it all will go away with a RTTP or in time...

In this case, William was better since although his knowledge was used once, it saved their lives. While Sissi, although useful everyday, just doesn't really help given the RTTP...

Sissi though pulls ahead because of her connection with the principal. Sissi has shown that her connection with the principal has been invaluable to the gang many times and could be useful in the future, (eg, Yumi's lateness problem, Ulrich's grades...).

This could be a tough debate but all I'm going to say is I think Sissi would've been a better choice for them to pick as the addiontal Lyoko Warrior as opposed to William. xD
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:58 pm

Comparing William and Sissi... you got some interesting points there, Minzee.

Minzee wrote:Sissi (what might/could've happened): Listen to the gang's advice, stay back and help when she could. Most likely ask for advice while in Carthage, run when Jeremie and Aelita told her too. (Assuming these things since I doubt Sissi would've had William's attitude)

Probably she would have listened or not to them. She could have done things in Lyoko in her way. But the Lyoko outfit one gets is according to their conscience or something else. William's sorta greedy and throughout his human existence has been acting like he's almighty and superior. No wodner why he got a overpowered outfit and weapon, it's the way he thinks of himself. But maybe Xana took the chance on William and before he got materialized to Lyoko for the first time, the fact that William got scanned reveals to Xana enough information about William just to believe that by making William an overpowered warrior would suffice for Lyoko's destruction.

What if Sissi went to Lyoko? How does Sissi thinks of herself? As a beauty queen, possibly. Or as a sexy cheerleader. Having Sissi in Lyoko might have ended up like having another Aelita in the way Aelita used to be during the first two seasons: weaponless. Probably Sissi could have some aid powers to heal people and in case her Lyoko form came out as a cheerleader, she would use pompons and that stick as weapons. Probably, that stick could throw laser beams or something like that. Sure one would like to see how Sissi would look like in Lyoko and what she would do there. I'd like to see Sissi in Lyoko someday.

And it's not like William and Sissi were the only ones who mentioned Lyoko in the open. Most of the times the words related to Lyoko or Xana were yelled or mentioned in the open, there was the RTTP to cover that.

The bad thing about this show is that they don't give enough points just to make somebody believe of why William, Sissi or anyone else should join Lyoko. Hell, I see people clinging up to one reason why a characther should join Lyoko (same goes with romances, which the hopes go even worse) and those only reasons happens to take place in only one or two episodes.

Does anybody seriously think it's enough for William for defusing a bomb to deserve being part of the Lyoko team? Does anyone think that just because a guy like Jim helped them directly or indirectly means he deserves to go to Lyoko? Does the fact that Sissi might have been useful to Ulrich once or twice makes her deserve the forgiveness and gathering access to Lyoko?

And I'd enjoy to hear facts about why people like William and Sissi wouldn't deserve to go to Lyoko that don't involve name calling (like people saying William's am idiot for not obeying to Jeremie, Sissi is a spoiled brat, William's an a**hole, Sissi's a slut (she's beyond far away from becoming like one), etc.) or becuase they'll screw up your favourite shippings, etc.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:00 pm

to the infirmary! wrote:3. Why does nobody care about Aeilita's mom anymore? In the last ep of season 2 flashback, she just disappears! Nothing else is said. They have many seams to close up and stitch together now.

I am confuzzled.

vora wrote: Yes I am going with that theory. But I'm still wanting to know about Mother dearest. Aelita has all this talk about Daddy and what about Mommy?

Thank you for agreeing with me!!! What about the mom?!?! She didn't just die, she disappeared, that means something happened. She would not be in aelitas flashback just to disappear and die.

2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:27 pm

MakeYourself wrote:Comparing William and Sissi... you got some interesting points there, Minzee.

Thanks Rodri. xD Moving on...

MakeYourself wrote:What if Sissi went to Lyoko? How does Sissi thinks of herself? As a beauty queen, possibly. Or as a sexy cheerleader. Having Sissi in Lyoko might have ended up like having another Aelita in the way Aelita used to be during the first two seasons: weaponless. Probably Sissi could have some aid powers to heal people and in case her Lyoko form came out as a cheerleader, she would use pompons and that stick as weapons. Probably, that stick could throw laser beams or something like that. Sure one would like to see how Sissi would look like in Lyoko and what she would do there. I'd like to see Sissi in Lyoko someday.

I'm sure many of us would like to see Sissi on Lyoko someday. Though your idea of aid powers could be true giving the fact that she has first-aid knowledge. This could stem over and giver her those said healing powers

MakeYourself wrote:And it's not like William and Sissi were the only ones who mentioned Lyoko in the open. Most of the times the words related to Lyoko or Xana were yelled or mentioned in the open, there was the RTTP to cover that.

True...But the content they were used in made it sound like a video game like in Pretender where Herve believed Odd and Ulrich were talking about a game. Either that or they were in some form of privacy where there really wasn't that many people around.

MakeYourself wrote:The bad thing about this show is that they don't give enough points just to make somebody believe of why William, Sissi or anyone else should join Lyoko. Hell, I see people clinging up to one reason why a characther should join Lyoko (same goes with romances, which the hopes go even worse) and those only reasons happens to take place in only one or two episodes.

Does anybody seriously think it's enough for William for defusing a bomb to deserve being part of the Lyoko team? Does anyone think that just because a guy like Jim helped them directly or indirectly means he deserves to go to Lyoko? Does the fact that Sissi might have been useful to Ulrich once or twice makes her deserve the forgiveness and gathering access to Lyoko?

I agree, there really isn't enough points/hints in the series yet to deem one of them truely worthy of becoming a Lyoko Warrior. In all those examples, while it wasn't enough, they're starts on working on becoming warriors. Maybe in S4 there will be more examples and they'll really be worthy of becoming Lyoko Warriors.

MakeYourself wrote:And I'd enjoy to hear facts about why people like William and Sissi wouldn't deserve to go to Lyoko that don't involve name calling (like people saying William's am idiot for not obeying to Jeremie, Sissi is a spoiled brat, William's an a**hole, Sissi's a slut (she's beyond far away from becoming like one), etc.) or becuase they'll screw up your favourite shippings, etc.

I'm pretty sure you covered everything that anyone could possibly say, although I'll agree with you and say those facts will be very interesting ones.
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:46 pm

Though I am happy that they only added William to the gang. In so many other shows (Pokemon, anything with -mon) and others, After a couple of seasons you have twice as many big main characters as you did at the beginning. With William's failure, they will be very unkeen on letting anyone else join.

Four is enough.

And as for the Sissi/William debate: Sissi would be the polar opposite of William on Lyoko. William overzealously attacks monsters and stupidly gets caught, Sissi would not want to leave the Carthage transporter, and will stupidly get caught.
Sissi and William are the two extremes of stupidity on Lyoko.

2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Reesane » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 pm

I suspect that upon vertulasation, Will might have had a tinny virues implanted within him, small enough so XANA could easly operate it without a tower.... All the virus would have to do is slighly alter Will's emotions, thus altering his perseption of the danger levle in any given situation......

I fouynd Will's behavior slightly out of charator....
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:18 am

Could be.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:20 am

MakeYourself wrote:Does anybody seriously think it's enough for William for defusing a bomb to deserve being part of the Lyoko team? Does anyone think that just because a guy like Jim helped them directly or indirectly means he deserves to go to Lyoko? Does the fact that Sissi might have been useful to Ulrich once or twice makes her deserve the forgiveness and gathering access to Lyoko?

Maybe not, but lets face it: the gang were overworked and needed the extra help. So the gambled... and lost.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:27 am

Cassius335 wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:Does anybody seriously think it's enough for William for defusing a bomb to deserve being part of the Lyoko team? Does anyone think that just because a guy like Jim helped them directly or indirectly means he deserves to go to Lyoko? Does the fact that Sissi might have been useful to Ulrich once or twice makes her deserve the forgiveness and gathering access to Lyoko?

Maybe not, but lets face it: the gang were overworked and needed the extra help. So the gambled... and lost.

They lost a BIG lot too...

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:50 pm

Minzee wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:I'd like to point out William is stronger than any of the other lyoko warriors, taking them each down WITH ONE HIT!

And you see this is all Yumi's fault. Had she let him in earlier this may of been prevented. It's all her fault :P

Umm....They all can take each other out with one hit....

Yet in "Saint Valentine's Day" Odd hit Aelita 9 times and she didn't get devirtualized. Strange things happen sometimes... Probably the reason the number of hits needed to devirtualize them changes is just due to artistic license (is that what it's called?). If a certain plot needs them to get devirtualized with one hit, then that's what's gonna happen, but if the plot requires them to be able to take more hits then they will be able to do that.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:07 pm

Range might be a factor. Usually when they devirtualise each other, it's with 'point-blank' strikes...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:25 pm

Well, in Tidal Wave Aelita managed to devirtualize Yumi with one hit, and they weren't close.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reesane » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:31 pm

"Will" (not William) may have somthing to do with this....
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby FormicaArchonis » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:54 pm

ese mae wrote:Yet in "Saint Valentine's Day" Odd hit Aelita 9 times and she didn't get devirtualized. Strange things happen sometimes... Probably the reason the number of hits needed to devirtualize them changes is just due to artistic license (is that what it's called?).

Or the writer's divine prerogative.
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Evil Ulrich » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:42 am

Who knows?
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:19 am

Well in Saint Valentine's Day, Aelita was controlled by XANA, and she seemed to get around the handicap normally associated with "Creativity" pretty well. Maybe that played a factor in how many shots it would've taken Odd to devirtualize her, since unless I miss my guess, she was still under XANA's control at that point in time.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:41 am

CBIzumi wrote:Well in Saint Valentine's Day, Aelita was controlled by XANA, and she seemed to get around the handicap normally associated with "Creativity" pretty well. Maybe that played a factor in how many shots it would've taken Odd to devirtualize her, since unless I miss my guess, she was still under XANA's control at that point in time.

I thought someone would bring this up by now, wasn't Aelita under Xana's control in "Saint Valentines Day" and still under the virus? (And maybe Xana doesn't go away so easily..^^; Obviously with that stinking virus...)

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ghost Guest » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:43 pm

CBIzumi wrote:Well in Saint Valentine's Day, Aelita was controlled by XANA, and she seemed to get around the handicap normally associated with "Creativity" pretty well. Maybe that played a factor in how many shots it would've taken Odd to devirtualize her, since unless I miss my guess, she was still under XANA's control at that point in time.

That's a possibility, but I wouldn't take it as a fact. Still, I can give you another example where the "one hit and you're devirtualized" rule doesn't apply. In "The Secret" Aelita hit Yumi once and she didn't get devirtualized, and Jeremie had told her before that she didn't have many life points left.

It's just like the amount of damage monsters can do, it changes between episodes.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:59 pm

Reesane wrote:I suspect that upon vertulasation, Will might have had a tinny virues implanted within him, small enough so XANA could easly operate it without a tower.... All the virus would have to do is slighly alter Will's emotions, thus altering his perseption of the danger levle in any given situation......

I fouynd Will's behavior slightly out of charator....

Hmmm...I don't think that's entirely plausible. Everytime XANA infects them with something, it always shows up on the super computer.

What's more, XANA doesn't need to activate a tower to possess someone through the Scyphozoa (just to possess people in the real world), as evidenced by the facts that there were no towers activated specifically when Aelita was "XANA-fied" (only before, if applicable, to create havoc in the real world).

And in hindsight...William's perception of danger was never particularly high...as evidenced by the fact that he's happy to jump into scenarios he can't possibly comprehend with the given information ("A Bad Turn" and "Lyoko Minus 1"). Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing...his courage would have likely made him a good Lyoko warrior (perhaps somewhat like Odd's own daredevil-ness).

However! William can't take directions or advice. "Final Round" does not show him out of character in any respects, simply because this is an exact repeat of what happened to him in "Attack of the Zombies", in which he acted nearly exactly as he did in the season 3 finale (only granted, on a smaller scale).

It's precisely the same scenario (scarily even). In "Attack of the Zombies", Jeremie and Aelita try to convince him that they know what's going on, and that everyone's in danger, and that they can help, however William (as the "self-appointed leader") won't hear a word of it (I can get exact quotes for this one too if needed).

And what happens to him in "Attack of the Zombies"? That's right...he gets XANA-fied (or in that case "Xombie-fied") and the remaining Lyoko crew members are left to try and fix things with what little time is left.

William would have made a good fighter (*ducks tomatoes*)...but he wasn't a great listener, and he stubbornly stuck to what he "wanted" to do as opposed to heeding Jeremie's and Aelita's warnings.

This isn't Yumi's fault, and this isn't out of William's character range. Heh...for someone who says they "never forget"...perhaps William should have tried dreaming/remembering about what happened in "Attack of the Zombies" before deciding not to listen to Jeremie and Aelita.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext