Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

Season 3 Episode 13: Final Round (Last Round in French)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rank it up!!

Best Season Finale ever!! 10/10
28%
Best Season Finale ever!! 10/10
28%
Holy s**t! Holy s**t! Holy s**t! Holy s**t! 9/10
17%
This episode was just like William on Lyoko, he was tight, yo! 8/10
4%
It was really good for being the Season Finale, but it could have been better. 7/10
14%
Just slightly above the average. 6/10
No votes
It was just okay. Come on, there was better episodes than this. 5/10
3%
No more Lyoko!! :( 4/10
No votes
Dissapointing. 3/10
1%
Really bad enough to consider if it should have a 4th Season or not. 2/10
1%
Ripoff! Ripoff! Ripoff! Ripoff! 1/10
1%
F**k you Moonscoop! 0/10
2%

Total votes : 93

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:55 pm

CBIzumi wrote:Actually, I noticed that too. Like I remarked to a friend at the time, "It looks like XANA's control isn't complete." And that remains my going theory, that that was the last spark of William as he was.

Of course I'm probably wrong, but it's only a theory...

I thought that too, only it was becuase he had devirtualized Yumi. Maybe, just for a second, a tiny hint of Willam's feelings for Yumi conquerd part of X.A.N.A.'s control, just enough to make him look sad...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MewmiC » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:57 pm

It looked more like fear then sadness if you ask me, but still it probably was what's left of William. Who knows.
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stargate » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:59 pm

The best bet is William's gone, or at least he's totally under XANA's control. There could still be a small part of him that hasn't been controlled yet (Such as the moments with Yumi and Lyoko's destruction...), but in my mind William is pretty much dead.

Of course, I could be wrong. We'll just have to see what happens.
*Credit for avatar goes to CBIzumi.

I am Image

Join The 'Save AmDrag' Campaign!
Official Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/svamdrag/petition.html
Stargate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:22 pm

to the infirmary! wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:
to the infirmary! wrote:PS: Do you think the writers put this much thought into their eps? This analysis is amazing! Headline: Astronomical XANA unveils the secret conspiracy behind Aelita's mom!!! Duh duh duh!!!

I hope that was sarcasm. Aelita's mother as Aelita only MUCH MUCH better? Ugh, horrid idea.

I think you took what I wrote in the wrong context. I agree, that would be a horrible idea. That's not what I meant at all.

Also, what was with the purple glow of William when he destroys the core? I thought that it was supposed to be red... :umm:

You superior, ultra creative, highly accelerated imaginative intellects of an utterly malfunctioned supercomputer of primitive operations (to the infirmary! and Cassius335), please explain to me why that is a bad idea as I have no idea whatsoever as to why the idea is horrible! For one thing, Aelita and her mother would look alike on Lyoko, but not exactly alike. One feature would obviously be that Aelita's mother is taller than her.

And about what I said about there being 3 scanners, why was there 3 (because as I said before, the 2 being for Franz and Aelita)? I'm thinking that after the many years Aelita's mother was gone and Franz finally made the supercomputer, Lyoko, Xana, and the scanners, Aelita's mother somehow knows about all of this and manages to go to the Hermitage somehow after all those years of being away (held captive perhaps by the men in black whom she overheard this information from them) and virtualizes herself to be with Franz and Aelita on Lyoko where she is then VERY hidden away by Xana. However though, after Lyoko's destruction, Aelita's mother survived just like Franz Hopper. Then Aelita's mother (with her advanced powers of creativity) manages to recreate Lyoko. Therefore, maybe that message of Franz Hopper from the Internet could be a message revealing that Aelita's mother once existed in Lyoko and managed to survive after its destruction and that she is going to recreate it!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:26 pm

Great theories- some that could be important for the story. Of course, the clip could mean nothing, or it could mean the world.

Speaking of clip, I have the stuff from Willie the Homicidal Maniac's possible moment of emotion.

Though, rewatching...in that last part, he looks more angry than sad. This kinda convinces me that it could be William, fighting for control, and perhaps gaining some for a precious second or two before XANA takes over.

Look and watch for yourself.

Clip.

Oh, and A-XANA- your theory sounds a bit fanfiction-y to me. There's no real basis of evidence. I'm pointin that out, even though I don't really want to get into that discussion.
Last edited by Carth on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carth offline

Postby Stargate » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:26 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:
to the infirmary! wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:
to the infirmary! wrote:PS: Do you think the writers put this much thought into their eps? This analysis is amazing! Headline: Astronomical XANA unveils the secret conspiracy behind Aelita's mom!!! Duh duh duh!!!

I hope that was sarcasm. Aelita's mother as Aelita only MUCH MUCH better? Ugh, horrid idea.

I think you took what I wrote in the wrong context. I agree, that would be a horrible idea. That's not what I meant at all.

Also, what was with the purple glow of William when he destroys the core? I thought that it was supposed to be red... :umm:

You superior, ultra creative, highly accelerated imaginative intellects of an utterly malfunctioned supercomputer of primitive operations (to the infirmary! and Cassius335), please explain to me why that is a bad idea as I have no idea whatsoever as to why the idea is horrible! For one thing, Aelita and her mother would look alike on Lyoko, but not exactly alike. One feature would obviously be that Aelita's mother is taller than her.

And about what I said about there being 3 scanners, why was there 3 (because as I said before, the 2 being for Franz and Aelita)? I'm thinking that after the many years Aelita's mother was gone and Franz finally made the supercomputer, Lyoko, Xana, and the scanners, Aelita's mother somehow knows about all of this and manages to go to the Hermitage somehow after all those years of being away (held captive perhaps by the men in black whom she overheard this information from them) and virtualizes herself to be with Franz and Aelita on Lyoko where she is then VERY hidden away by Xana. However though, after Lyoko's destruction, Aelita's mother survived just like Franz Hopper. Then Aelita's mother (with her advanced powers of creativity) manages to recreate Lyoko. Therefore, maybe that message of Franz Hopper from the Internet could be a message revealing that Aelita's mother once existed in Lyoko and managed to survive after its destruction and that she is going to recreate it!

I'm more then certain that Aelita's mother was dead/missing before Franz even created XANA and Lyoko. Franz virtualized himself and Aelita when she was twelve, as the flashbacks in "The Key" showed; her mother assumedly died/disappeared when she was about five.

I am Image

Stargate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:43 pm

CBIzumi wrote:"Moment of silence aaaannnddd...moment's over. ATTTAAAAACK!!!"

:*D Dunno about XANA-William, but I can see XANA-Jeremie saying that.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:07 pm

Cassius335 wrote:

I can see Jeremy saying that too...it's scary..

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stargate » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:09 pm

Vora wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:

I can XANA-Jeremie saying that as well.... o_O

I am Image

Stargate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Reploid CB » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:29 pm

Stargate wrote:
Vora wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:

I suppose it's because XANA-Jeremie was always a bit more vocal than XANA-William? I mean, all the latter said was "YAAAARRRR!!!!!" after all xD To my recollection anyway *snickers*
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stargate » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:33 pm

CBIzumi wrote:
Stargate wrote:
Vora wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:

I suppose it's because XANA-Jeremie was always a bit more vocal than XANA-William? I mean, all the latter said was "YAAAARRRR!!!!!" after all xD To my recollection anyway *snickers*

He said YAAAARRR? Sounded more like GRRRRAARR to me....

I am Image

Stargate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Arcangel613 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:55 pm

Ok and now its time for....

*pause for dramatic effect, cue drumrole*

Jordan's ranting corner!
okay, I personily thought that this episode was great! Yes Williams face did look goofy, but that's to be expected...he is a hot headed dork after all(plus unlike Odd, Ulrich, Yumi, and Alieta he has no facial markings(like Odd and Alieta), full face paint(like Yumi) and or a headband(like Ulrich)). Although I regreat this being the end of the season and once again being forced to wait for more Lyoko-ee goodness. I have to say that this was a great way to end the season. The Highlight of the episode being the great cliff hanger that leaves you begging for more.

10/10!

And now...*another pause for dramatic effect, cue drumroll*

Bad things about Mr. Will-I-Am Dunbar!
1.his sword
I think he's compensating for something...*cough,coughlittlemancough*
2.Oh my god, he killed Ulrich and yumi!
you b*stard
3.what? a sword but no sheath?
is he retarded? what if he had to climb something, where would he put his sword?
That little voice in the back of my head:he could always stick it up his @$$
Me:I think Ulrich would be willing to do it for him
That little voice in the back of my head:don't forget Yumi!!
4.that gay little girly spin he does when he swings his sword to hard
its really kind of funny
5.His utter n00bness
even Aleita was getting sick of him
6.He totally stole Ulrich(not to mention Cloud's) Thunder
They are the only guys that can wield swords and look totally hot in the process while having the girls go gaga over them.(ulrich has Yumi. And did you even see advent Children, Tifa was all over Cloud.)

Ah well, thats all I can think of for now, see ya when season 4 starts my fellow Lyoko Freakers!

Jordan signing off.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby animenologist » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:59 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Incidentally, I believe it was PepsiPiper who said that William's sword is based off of an actual, existing weapon. This is absolutely correct (same as can be applied to Cloud's sword, albeit with some futuristic modifications).

William's sword is based off of a design for a Japanese sword called a "Zanbatou" (which, as the PepsiPiper said, can be seen in use in the anime, "Rurouni Kenshin"). The Zanbatou was designed to be used in combat to slay horse and rider in one fell swing. However, because of it's great weight and height, only a few could really wield it effectively, and I believe it went into disuse as easier, more economical solutions presented themselves.

So, it is true that it's an actual weapon (not an FF knock-off...at least not historically speaking, since they stole it from the same place ^^ ). Now if he'd had a "Gun Blade"...or a very long katana by the name of "Masamune"...then it'd be "stealing" but otherwise. X)

Again, there is no such thing as a "Zanbatou" as depicted in Rurouni Kenshin to historically been regularly used in battle. The zanbatou as depicted in Rurouni Kenshi, would be unweildable due to its large weight. If the guy managed to pick it up and swing it to hit something, the large blade on a wooden handle would cause it to break at the fulcrum between the hilt and the blade itself. The only thing close to a zanbatou in eastern history would probably be the Chinese Zhanmadao, which was used as an anti-cavalry weapon, but the blade it self was about 4 ft, not exactcly Zanbatou size. For a western equivalent, you'd probably find a Zweihander which is in a class of sword called the great swords and mostly used to combat stationary pikeman. It weighs about 8 lbs for a battle-ready sword, and that is heavy enough that some people get paid extra if they wield it, since its so heavy and tiring. If European soldiers can barely handle a 8 lb sword, don't see Japanese soldiers using a blade that looks like it could be over 100 lbs. Again, Rurouni Kenshin is not a historically accurate martial arts documentary and a Zanbatou used as a battlefield weapon does not historically exist.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:21 pm

Stargate wrote:I'm more then certain that Aelita's mother was dead/missing before Franz even created XANA and Lyoko. Franz virtualized himself and Aelita when she was twelve, as the flashbacks in "The Key" showed; her mother assumedly died/disappeared when she was about five.

Now you said that Aelita's mother can either be dead or missing when Aelita was 5 years old. In my previous post, I said she was missing (held captive by the men in black) and somehow managed to escape and go to the Hermitage (the time after Franz created everything and Aelita was 12 years old) and virtualized herself into Lyoko! I mean, perhaps Franz created a 3rd scanner knowing that someday Aelita's mother would maybe escape from her imprisonment and come to Lyoko. Also, the 3 scanners are symbolic in a touching way as they would symbolize the Hopper family (Franz Hopper, Aelita's mother, and of course, Aelita)!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:48 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:
Stargate wrote:I'm more then certain that Aelita's mother was dead/missing before Franz even created XANA and Lyoko. Franz virtualized himself and Aelita when she was twelve, as the flashbacks in "The Key" showed; her mother assumedly died/disappeared when she was about five.

Now you said that Aelita's mother can either be dead or missing when Aelita was 5 years old. In my previous post, I said she was missing (held captive by the men in black) and somehow managed to escape and go to the Hermitage (the time after Franz created everything and Aelita was 12 years old) and virtualized herself into Lyoko! I mean, perhaps Franz created a 3rd scanner knowing that someday Aelita's mother would maybe escape from her imprisonment and come to Lyoko. Also, the 3 scanners are symbolic in a touching way as they would symbolize the Hopper family (Franz Hopper, Aelita's mother, and of course, Aelita)!

I doubt she managed to get to Lyoko (because where the hell has she BEEN for 3 Seasons? Even Franz got hints).
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:20 pm

Carth_upon_a_star wrote:
Clip.

Oh, and A-XANA- your theory sounds a bit fanfiction-y to me. There's no real basis of evidence. I'm pointin that out, even though I don't really want to get into that discussion.

It looks more like pity to me. Xana is more ego than emotion, just like William!

and to Astronomical XANA:

Great theories, I just don't like the super-God mother thing. Been used more than way too many times. Maybe Aeilita's mom is still on earth, being held captive somewhere. Maybe SHE will lead the gang to the conquest of XANA, or maybe she will provide a major key on the way...

This is why we have season 4...
Formerly "To the infirmary!"

You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?
2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Megalyoko » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:40 am

come on give will a chance,he mite learn his leason when he goes back to normal,or be the mean villian in season 4.

Megalyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby . » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:03 am

see now I hope they go the Kerrigan route with teh Xana-Will thing.

Have them spend all season trying to get William to defeate Xana in his mind... but when they finally wake him up, DOUBLE TURN~! William likes the new him and the new power he controls.

"AWAKEN~! my child and embrace the glory that is your birth right. Know that I am the Overmind, the enternal will of the swarm! And know that you have been created to serve me!"
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:11 am

ThePepsiPiper wrote:"AWAKEN~! my child and embrace the glory that is your birth right. Know that I am the Overmind, the enternal will of the swarm! And know that you have been created to serve me!"

I don't think kids would understand that but I can imagine something like that happening. :D
Carth_upon_a_star wrote:Image

Clip.

JxA Addict wrote:I would believe so.

Is it me or does Xana seem unsure about destroying the core?

When I saw this I was unsure what to think, what is going on? I mean Xana is bent on destroying the world and yet what heck is going on? (I know...I should have made this comment a little while back.)

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Evil Ulrich » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Yea Yumi was right that William shouldn't be in the group.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:17 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Have them spend all season trying to get William to defeate Xana in his mind... but when they finally wake him up, DOUBLE TURN~! William likes the new him and the new power he controls.

"AWAKEN~! my child and embrace the glory that is your birth right. Know that I am the Overmind, the enternal will of the swarm! And know that you have been created to serve me!"

Yeah!

I kinda imagine that happening. William's kinda trapped inside his own mind, and XANA's talkin to him in there, probably feedin him a false line, telling him to accept the posession as he will be supreme ruler. ("Join me, William. The Dark Side is stronger.")

Maybe the group'll, somehow, find a way into the body's mind and try to commune with William.

I sorta have a mental image of him kind of like he was at the end of the episode... curled, floating in nothingness, just...being.
Carth offline

Postby Evil Ulrich » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:21 pm

Still the greatest episode.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tekirai » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:15 pm

Stargate wrote:
CBIzumi wrote:I suppose it's because XANA-Jeremie was always a bit more vocal than XANA-William? I mean, all the latter said was "YAAAARRRR!!!!!" after all xD To my recollection anyway *snickers*

xD

I still think that William was too cocky when he was on Lyoko. He treated it like it wasn't serious at all. Although he didn't deserve to be targeted. (Even if he is a klutz...)

Maybe it'll be like James the Lesser's fanfic series- he lives on Lyoko in some area that still exists, unable to come back until Jer can fix it. In the meantime, he gets targeted by XANA a lot. Flickering between 'dead' and 'not dead'.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stargate » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:22 pm

Tekirai wrote:
Stargate wrote:
CBIzumi wrote:I suppose it's because XANA-Jeremie was always a bit more vocal than XANA-William? I mean, all the latter said was "YAAAARRRR!!!!!" after all xD To my recollection anyway *snickers*

xD

I still think that William was too cocky when he was on Lyoko. He treated it like it wasn't serious at all. Although he didn't deserve to be targeted. (Even if he is a klutz...)

Maybe it'll be like James the Lesser's fanfic series- he lives on Lyoko in some area that still exists, unable to come back until Jer can fix it. In the meantime, he gets targeted by XANA a lot. Flickering between 'dead' and 'not dead'.

I like that idea...

I am Image

Stargate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Astro-Xana » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:26 pm

Now you already know that Franz Hopper can create ghosts just like Xana and can possess people (an example was in the episode "Contact"). But what if Franz Hopper were to take control of the Scyphozoa (Franz Hopper can control Xana's creatures which was shown with the controlled Flying Mantas in the episode "The Key" which were glowing white) and have the white glowing Scyphozoa capture the Xana possessed William and infect William (in a good way) which would return William back to normal (and perhaps also give him Franz Hopper's power as the Franzified Scyphozoa would be giving William a dose of Franz's power in order to return William back to normal). Then the color of William's aura would be replaced with the color of Franz Hopper's (white). Or maybe, William's aura would just become brighter as the color white combined with any color would make that color brighter.

But I do have another question which is that if Xana were to possess someone on Earth and Franz Hopper sends his ghost to possess that person (who is already possessed by Xana's ghost), would Franz Hopper's ghost overcome Xana's ghost, or would there be some sort of conflict of the two ghosts within this person?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

PreviousNext